Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Where the new bases?

buddies8
04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
PSA has been awarded from AAG PHL and ORF for new additional bases.
PDT has been awarded by AAG a new CLT base.

Thank god our performance is supposed to be better than anyone else's, because everyone else is getting additional bases while we technically contract to cover the bases we have.

But this is the new US Air.

MD-11Loader
04-17-2018, 03:44 PM

Thank god our performance is supposed to be better than anyone else's, because everyone else is getting additional bases while we technically contract to cover the bases we have.

Well according to the boys at PDT we are being merged with them and itís going by relative seniority, so theyíll be your captains, and youíll have two new bases to choose from.

jonrayburn
04-17-2018, 04:54 PM
Well according to the boys at PDT we are being merged with them and itís going by relative seniority, so theyíll be your captains, and youíll have two new bases to choose from.

I think ENYs list will be stapled to the bottom of PDTs, and we'll flow after all PDT pilots.

EmbaeDriver
04-17-2018, 05:08 PM
Merge coming soon

ParkingatMIA
04-17-2018, 06:00 PM
Merge coming soon

If this was to hypothetically happen, would it be better to upgrade before that happens?

Gooselives
04-17-2018, 06:20 PM
This shows how fragile the flow is and is not guaranteed at ALL never rely on such things so poorly written. For example, I think we will see a language change soon, maybe not good for all.

MD-11Loader
04-17-2018, 07:24 PM
Merge coming soon

If we get our landing data via ACARS then I say bring on our Salisbury overlords.

Otterbox
04-17-2018, 07:55 PM

Piedmontís pilot group do NOT want a merger... that last three years worth of new hires had the opportunity to go to Envoy and chose not to.

If there were to be a merger seniority would be straight date of hire, which would add 2-4 years onto the flow for the junior guys.

Bad times had by all...

EmbaeDriver
04-17-2018, 08:02 PM
If this was to hypothetically happen, would it be better to upgrade before that happens?

Duuuuuuudeee, I guess. Better be a Capt than stuck as an FO forever.

CaptJackSparrow
04-18-2018, 04:37 AM
We don't want new bases. It will deteriorate our QOL further.

NoValueAviator
04-18-2018, 05:17 AM

Sure we do, as long as they're not NE bases they can't possibly make QOL worse.

Pedro4President
04-18-2018, 05:27 AM

Maybe. If we open a west coast base then senior guys will likely move back out that way. When MIA opened the quality and value of lines went down in DFW. I don't think it makes much of a difference for me as I already live in base. I guess it just looks better that we are growing and expanding.

CaptJackSparrow
04-18-2018, 05:56 AM
Maybe. If we open a west coast base then senior guys will likely move back out that way. When MIA opened the quality and value of lines went down in DFW. I don't think it makes much of a difference for me as I already live in base. I guess it just looks better that we are growing and expanding.

Increase in JMs, involuntary TDYs, possible trans con commute/ 2 leg commute, possibility of flow being stopped, etc. Growth is good but too much too soon is not what we want. The negatives don't outweigh the positives right now. I think we need to figure out the shortage of captains first before we start opening new bases.

f16jetmech
04-18-2018, 07:48 AM
How's the captain situation at the other AAG regionals? Are they heavy, or appropriately staffed? That could be a factor in merger/no merger. If they're heavy on captains, and we're not... Well makes sense to move them together and fix the problem. If they're having the same problem then I don't know what merging does but exasperate the problem

AZFlyer
04-18-2018, 07:54 AM
How's the captain situation at the other AAG regionals? Are they heavy, or appropriately staffed? That could be a factor in merger/no merger. If they're heavy on captains, and we're not... Well makes sense to move them together and fix the problem. If they're having the same problem then I don't know what merging does but exasperate the problem

Piedmont needs captains badly.

havick206
04-18-2018, 07:55 AM

All of the AAG WOís are hurting for CAís.

Pedro4President
04-18-2018, 08:03 AM
Piedmont needs captains badly.

I think PSA signed an LOA to force FOs to upgrade in exchange for more flow. I THINK.

EmbaeDriver
04-18-2018, 08:06 AM
FAA just signed an agreement that pilots with 500hrs part 121 can upgrade to capts. Now weíre over staffed with left seaters!!!!

Im joking for those without sense of humor.

flysooner9
04-18-2018, 08:16 AM
I donít think any regional has an abundance of captains currently.

Skywest, Envoy, Piedmont, PSA, G7, 9E all have or had instant upgrades recently.

f16jetmech
04-18-2018, 10:26 AM
I donít think any regional has an abundance of captains currently.

Skywest, Envoy, Piedmont, PSA, G7, 9E all have or had instant upgrades recently.

Which is also why staffing at the regional level is gonna be tough.... Majors will never hurt for pilots... But the regionals that fly for them will. They already are!

SilentLurker
04-18-2018, 02:59 PM
ďAnd thatís the way the cookie crumbles ď- Jim Carey- Bruce Almighty

https://youtu.be/x-oU8NybIRc

SilentLurker
04-18-2018, 03:30 PM

Piedmont made USAir what it is today (AAG). Piedmont was a great airline, started the WO thing. Great history, brand, growth, management. Even CLT is what it is today because of Piedmont mainline, that base became synonymous with Piedmont. Great to see the name going back to CLT since it merged with USAir and all that remained from the brand/name was the regional airline.

All I ask is that Management be more like this (Delta figured it out), and that this be played during Indoc...

https://youtu.be/GvrzttJa1rU

For the aviation history buffs you know what Iím talking about.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1