Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Contract Comparison

JackieChan
04-17-2018, 07:14 PM
A couple years ago, I saw a table that compares all the contractual work rules from all the major airlines (min days off, hour guarantee, 401k contributions, reserve times, etc...). Idk if it was an ALPA publication or if it was just someone’s pet project. I don’t remember where to find it again. But I also wonder if there is an updated version of it now that Allegiant and Spirit have new contracts and Americans pay increased and added small profit sharing. Any help steering me in the right direction would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hossharris
04-19-2018, 05:47 PM
Aerocrew news

Spicy McHaggis
04-19-2018, 06:03 PM
The UAL MEC put out an 86 page comparison of most of big players last year. Goes over most of the big items (pay, scope, retirement, work rules, etc).

Cujo665
04-20-2018, 05:43 PM
Aerocrew news

This, done monthly

UNDGUY
04-21-2018, 10:02 AM
I went to the website and couldnt find it. Is it on the website? Can we possibly get a link or some guidance on where to find it? Thanks

Hossharris
04-22-2018, 06:47 AM
From their website, which is brutally overpopulated with ads, download the latest issue .... it’s a pdf.

Towards the back is “the grid” with all the answers you seek.

RNO Flyer
05-27-2018, 06:40 AM
Is there anywhere that will list what airlines will offer more than 5 years of mil leave towards Reservists/Guardsmen who are activated? I saw a brief a couple years ago from United highlighting that they did that, above and beyond the 5 year USERRA requirement. Any idea if that’s standard with the majors, or just UA?

RhinoBallAuto
05-27-2018, 08:27 AM
Is there anywhere that will list what airlines will offer more than 5 years of mil leave towards Reservists/Guardsmen who are activated? I saw a brief a couple years ago from United highlighting that they did that, above and beyond the 5 year USERRA requirement. Any idea if that’s standard with the majors, or just UA?

Please don't go to any major with the plan to abuse USERRA. It makes it exponentially harder for those who don't.

RNO Flyer
05-27-2018, 02:23 PM
Please don't go to any major with the plan to abuse USERRA. It makes it exponentially harder for those who don't.

No intent to do so. Just wondering if there’s a square corner in there. Thanks.

rickair7777
05-27-2018, 02:52 PM

The majority of available federal orders today should be exempt from the five-year limit, unless you're considering doing a lot of state guard orders. The five year limit is about the last thing which needs to concern most reservists.

navigatro
05-27-2018, 02:57 PM

Do you have multiple offers from majors?

Are you only going to apply at places that offer mil leave benefits beyond 5 years? ( a policy which could change at any time)

This should be the last concern on your list of “where to work”

Peacock
05-27-2018, 03:32 PM
Do you have multiple offers from majors?

Are you only going to apply at places that offer mil leave benefits beyond 5 years? ( a policy which could change at any time)

This should be the last concern on your list of “where to work”

If his plan is to grab a seniority number then bail to get an active duty retirement, it kind of matters.

RNO Flyer
05-27-2018, 03:39 PM
If his plan is to grab a seniority number then bail to get an active duty retirement, it kind of matters.

Not trying to pull a fast one, just learning the rules for both the Reserves and the Majors.

terminal
05-27-2018, 03:58 PM
The five years doesn’t matter if you’re on title 10 orders anyway.

Sluggo_63
05-27-2018, 11:21 PM
The five years doesn’t matter if you’re on title 10 orders anyway.Not all Title 10 orders are exempt from the 5 year limit.