Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States or Go Jet

Homeskool40
04-22-2018, 03:59 AM
I am a rotor to wings candidate with a little over 1000 hours of total time. I am wanting to use a transition program and have narrowed my choices down to Trans States and Go Jet mainly do to their transition program benefits and domiciles as I will be commuting. Looking to get DEN or ORD. Looking to hear from current FO's, CPT's pros and cons to both. Also the talk of the TSH merger has me a little concerned. Any type of constructive info is appreciated.

Knobcrk1
04-22-2018, 06:45 AM
Bojangles vs Popeyes.

Bo’s Pro:
They have chicken.
It’s good.
They have buscuits.
They have shrimp poboy.
They have big tater tots.

Bo’s Negatives:
Rude customer service.
Fried crap that’s bad for your health.

Popeyes Pros:
They have chicken.
It’s good.
They have buscuits.
They have good shrimp.
They have Cajun taters.

Popeyes Negatives:
Rude customer service.
Fried crap that’s bad for your health.

Fr8Thrust
04-22-2018, 09:42 AM
This thread is able to ignite a flame war.

Iíll try to help. Do you want to work for a scab airline? If the answer is no, then go to TSA.

mpet
04-22-2018, 11:19 PM

Iíll try to help. Do you want to work for a scab airline? If the answer is no, then go to TSA.

Scab airline? I don't think the word scab means what you think it does.

chrisreedrules
04-23-2018, 07:38 AM

Stop using the word scab. It has a very specific meaning and using it carelessly takes away from those who truly deserve it.

A150K
04-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Stop using the word scab. It has a very specific meaning and using it carelessly takes away from those who truly deserve it.

I've given up trying to correct people in this industry when they throw that term around loosely...

brokepilot2
04-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Scabs or not, theyíre still the scum of the industry. Willing to w:hore themselves out to hulas for a few shekels. Anyone willing to go to that abortion of an airline should be ashamed of themselves for allowing the alter-ego to exist.

Air Stang 7
05-01-2018, 08:26 PM
Bojangles vs Popeyes.

Boís Pro:
They have chicken.
Itís good.
They have buscuits.
They have shrimp poboy.
They have big tater tots.

Boís Negatives:
Rude customer service.
Fried crap thatís bad for your health.

Popeyes Pros:
They have chicken.
Itís good.
They have buscuits.
They have good shrimp.
They have Cajun taters.

Popeyes Negatives:
Rude customer service.
Fried crap thatís bad for your health.
You forgot about the red beans and rice at Popeyes. I think that makes them the clear winner.

GregSa
07-09-2018, 11:56 PM
I could go for some popeye's now with some hot sauce and honey with my biscuit

But seriously why so much negativity toward go jet?

FlyingKat
07-10-2018, 09:56 AM
I could go for some popeye's now with some hot sauce and honey with my biscuit

But seriously why so much negativity toward go jet?

In short, the Gojet flying should have been under Trans States CBA with ALPA, but a few TSA pilots colluded with the company to get around the TSA CBA and put the flying under the Teamsters with a substandard contract, violating the rights of TSA pilots. Just google Gojet and you can read the whole story. Because of this Gojet has been seen as the bottom feeding scum of the regional industry.

Solar Bear
07-10-2018, 07:04 PM
https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/gojet/39975-gojet-tsa-history-lesson.html

Milksheikh
08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Does gojet also fly about 4 legs per day? Iíd imagine since gojet has slightly bigger equipment theyíd average less legs/day. Both have pluses and minuses. I will probably live in Michigan for at least the first year. Are people getting dtw out of training at gojet?

bkey79
08-22-2018, 04:24 PM
Does gojet also fly about 4 legs per day? Iíd imagine since gojet has slightly bigger equipment theyíd average less legs/day. Both have pluses and minuses. I will probably live in Michigan for at least the first year. Are people getting dtw out of training at gojet?

It depends on the day on how many legs you fly. On average Iíd say 3-4 legs/day. Iíve had really good trips where I had 2legs crediting almost 8 hrs (SJC - DEN - BHM) and Iíve had 5 leg days that credit about 6 hrs (Detroit - Cleveland turns.)

You will most likely be assigned Detroit without even requesting it and will have a line on the first chance to bid.

Milksheikh
08-22-2018, 04:51 PM
It depends on the day on how many legs you fly. On average Iíd say 3-4 legs/day. Iíve had really good trips where I had 2legs crediting almost 8 hrs (SJC - DEN - BHM) and Iíve had 5 leg days that credit about 6 hrs (Detroit - Cleveland turns.)

You will most likely be assigned Detroit without even requesting it and will have a line on the first chance to bid.

Thanks for the response. I sent you a pm.

Blackhawk
08-25-2018, 08:03 AM
Frankly, until the UAL dual class decision is made public I would probably avoid GoJet.

Milksheikh
08-25-2018, 09:54 AM
Frankly, until the UAL dual class decision is made public I would probably avoid GoJet.

Dual class decision? How does this affect gojet/tsa?

Blackhawk
08-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Dual class decision? How does this affect gojet/tsa?

UAL will be awarding someone 25 -175’s. Someone will also see 25 -700’s cut due to scope limits. GoJet operates exactly 25 -700’s for UAL, so those 25 -700’s will probably be GoJet airplanes. Best case GoJet wins the -175 contract and it’s a wash. Worst case they lose 25 airplanes. It’s possible that UAL cuts some Compass and GoJet airplanes but that doesn’t seem likely.

amcnd
08-25-2018, 10:47 AM
UAL will be awarding someone 25 -175ís. Someone will also see 25 -700ís cut due to scope limits. GoJet operates exactly 25 -700ís for UAL, so those 25 -700ís will probably be GoJet airplanes. Best case GoJet wins the -175 contract and itís a wash. Worst case they lose 25 airplanes. Itís possible that UAL cuts some Compass and GoJet airplanes but that doesnít seem likely.

First Compass doesnít fly for UA. facts are UA said these 25 E175ís will replace 25 UAX 700ís... That leaves SKW that only flys 19 and UA/OO just anouced a contract extension for the 700ís (probably do to the fact they are the only Aspen operator) so now Mesa or Gojet? The number of aircraft matches what Gojet flys. Mesa flys 20. But jow the wild card XJT promised the 25 E175ís if they come to a quick TA... interesting times...

Blackhawk
08-25-2018, 11:00 AM
First Compass doesn’t fly for UA. facts are UA said these 25 E175’s will replace 25 UAX 700’s... That leaves SKW that only flys 19 and UA/OO just anouced a contract extension for the 700’s (probably do to the fact they are the only Aspen operator) so now Mesa or Gojet? The number of aircraft matches what Gojet flys. Mesa flys 20. But jow the wild card XJT promised the 25 E175’s if they come to a quick TA... interesting times...

Braincramp. I did mean Mesa not Compass. Saw the thread about Compass possibly getting the flying and had my brain on that. But it still means that best case GoJet breaks even. Not sure what to believe with the XJT announcement.
Of course GoJet has survived every previous projections of their demise. The award of the -175 flying may just come down to who can staff it. GoJet still seems to be hiring like crazy. XJT just seems to hire pilots who accidentally stumble into their building and is losing pilots at an alarming rate.

FlyingKat
08-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Braincramp. I did mean Mesa not Compass. Saw the thread about Compass possibly getting the flying and had my brain on that. But it still means that best case GoJet breaks even. Not sure what to believe with the XJT announcement.
Of course GoJet has survived every previous projections of their demise. The award of the -175 flying may just come down to who can staff it. GoJet still seems to be hiring like crazy. XJT just seems to hire pilots who accidentally stumble into their building and is losing pilots at an alarming rate.

How does Compass getting the 175s mean Gojet breaks even? There is no clause in their contract that allow them to go to Compass. If a Gojet pilot were to go to Compass they would be treated like any other newhire.

175s to Expressjet is a pipe dream until somebody prys them away from Skywest. Sadly Skywest decided on their fate long ago. These 175s are likely headed to RP, and the Gojet United 700s are likely to be parked. Handwriting has been on the wall for a while.

Now would a mod please move this to the Gojet thread. TSA pilots could care less about what happens to Blowjet and its demise other than to cheer from the rafters as it happens.

Blackhawk
08-25-2018, 11:24 AM
How does Compass getting the 175s mean Gojet breaks even? There is no clause in their contract that allow them to go to Compass. If a Gojet pilot were to go to Compass they would be treated like any other newhire.

175s to Expressjet is a pipe dream until somebody prys them away from Skywest. Sadly Skywest decided on their fate long ago. These 175s are likely headed to RP, and the Gojet United 700s are likely to be parked. Handwriting has been on the wall for a while.

First, I wrote nothing about the -175's going to Compass means GoJet breaks even. I said best case GoJet breaks even, and that's if they get the -175's.
Second, I didn't say the -175's were going to XJT. Someone else wrote that. As for SkyWest, I don't think they can field them right now. They are taking over the DFW AAL base from XJT so they need to staff that in addition to the flying they are already doing. While they are hiring, I just don't see them being able to train that many captains. So really it's probably in Inc's interest to get the -175's to XJT as it would give Inc the ability to "peek under the cost tent" when the contract comes up for renewal. Kind of use XJT as a hydraulic accumulator. The only other factor maybe playing into XJT's favor is that if something drastic does not happen soon to stem the stampede of pilots out the door UAL may soon find their ERJ's (owned by UAL), parked in the desert with no one to operate them. Since scope prevents UAL from fielding any more dual class airplanes they need to keep the 50 seaters flying.
My comment about Compass was based solely on what I saw on their thread. I don't disagree with your assessment that they are the dark horse and have little chance.
I do agree with the GoJet -700's being parked which was my original point.
As for Republic, I also agree that if the -175's don't go to XJT as management claims they are probably second in line. But we won't know the answers until September or October.

Finally, this thread is here because someone asked if they should go to GoJet or Transtate. Thus my comment. Or did you not read the thread topic line? And I would add as a pilot who has a brother who started out his civilian flying career at TSA many years ago I would be cheering with you.

Skyguy85
09-18-2018, 09:43 PM
First, I wrote nothing about the -175's going to Compass means GoJet breaks even. I said best case GoJet breaks even, and that's if they get the -175's.
Second, I didn't say the -175's were going to XJT. Someone else wrote that. As for SkyWest, I don't think they can field them right now. They are taking over the DFW AAL base from XJT so they need to staff that in addition to the flying they are already doing. While they are hiring, I just don't see them being able to train that many captains. So really it's probably in Inc's interest to get the -175's to XJT as it would give Inc the ability to "peek under the cost tent" when the contract comes up for renewal. Kind of use XJT as a hydraulic accumulator. The only other factor maybe playing into XJT's favor is that if something drastic does not happen soon to stem the stampede of pilots out the door UAL may soon find their ERJ's (owned by UAL), parked in the desert with no one to operate them. Since scope prevents UAL from fielding any more dual class airplanes they need to keep the 50 seaters flying.
My comment about Compass was based solely on what I saw on their thread. I don't disagree with your assessment that they are the dark horse and have little chance.
I do agree with the GoJet -700's being parked which was my original point.
As for Republic, I also agree that if the -175's don't go to XJT as management claims they are probably second in line. But we won't know the answers until September or October.

Finally, this thread is here because someone asked if they should go to GoJet or Transtate. Thus my comment. Or did you not read the thread topic line? And I would add as a pilot who has a brother who started out his civilian flying career at TSA many years ago I would be cheering with you.

So youíd choose TransState over GoJet?

Hou757
09-19-2018, 01:26 PM
So youíd choose TransState over GoJet?

Why choose either. Both are lousy.

Paid2fly
09-19-2018, 02:38 PM

:eek:

:confused:

;)

Blackhawk
09-20-2018, 06:06 AM

Well, for pilots looking to use the RTP there are limited resources.

For those in that situation, use the RTP but be prepared to leave early if the situation presents itself and use any bonus you may get at the new regional to pay off any penalty at your former regional.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1