Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training Footprint

CAsFiled
04-22-2018, 10:43 AM
Looking to possibly make the jump over to RAH. What does the training footprint consist of (timing, location, etc.)?

Also, what is the likelihood of holding a line at CMH, IND or ORD (and if not, how long on reserve until being able to hold a line)?

TheWeatherman
04-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Looking to possibly make the jump over to RAH. What does the training footprint consist of (timing, location, etc.)?

Also, what is the likelihood of holding a line at CMH, IND or ORD (and if not, how long on reserve until being able to hold a line)?
Unlike a lot of the other Regionals, Republic has no gaps in their training deadline. So no long gaps between training stages. From your first day of INDOC to your first day of IOE will 8 - 9 weeks. Ha d a FO from Envoy jumpseat with us the other day, said he had to wait two months between getting his type rating and starting IOE.

IFlyThings
04-23-2018, 07:48 AM
Indoc in Indianapolis (2 weeks)
Ground and sim in St Louis. It was 6 weeks for me, but I hear they’re rolling out a self-study Systems module that would be completed at home prior to a shortened ground. No idea about the timing in that.

I sat reserve in Indy for 3 months before getting a line. ORD seems stagnant, had a classmate jump to Indy so he could get a line.

v1Brotate
04-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Indoc in Indianapolis (2 weeks)
Ground and sim in St Louis. It was 6 weeks for me, but I hear they’re rolling out a self-study Systems module that would be completed at home prior to a shortened ground. No idea about the timing in that.

I sat reserve in Indy for 3 months before getting a line. ORD seems stagnant, had a classmate jump to Indy so he could get a line.

How was your experience with the oral portion of the ATP Checkride?

Random Task
04-23-2018, 10:15 AM
Republic now has about a month back up after systems before you go to the sim.

Indoc is 2 weeks in Indy, then 2 weeks of at-home self study systems. Back to indy for a 5 day systems crash course followed by 3 days of systems integrated training. Then your Enhanced Flat Panel Traininers (EFPT, formerly GFS) where you run flows, procedures, QRH items, etc. Then home for about a month before going to STL for oral and sims.

Probably looking at close to 3 months all said and done as of this moment.

My ATP & type rating oral was the easiest oral I've had to date

CAsFiled
04-23-2018, 10:19 AM

Indoc is 2 weeks in Indy, then 2 weeks of at-home self study systems. Back to indy for a 5 day systems crash course followed by 3 days of systems integrated training. Then your Enhanced Flat Panel Traininers (EFPT, formerly GFS) where you run flows, procedures, QRH items, etc. Then home for about a month before going to STL for oral and sims.

Thank you (and to the others that responded). I realize it's all subject to change but what is the likelihood of holding a line at CMH right out of IOE?

Random Task
04-23-2018, 07:03 PM
Thank you (and to the others that responded). I realize it's all subject to change but what is the likelihood of holding a line at CMH right out of IOE?

You won't do it RIGHT out of IOE. Since you aren't bidding that month, the remainder you will be put on reserve. But the odds of holding a line the following month or the month after that are pretty high.

CMH , for whatever reason , has very little reserve time

v1Brotate
04-23-2018, 08:28 PM

Is the month delay something new? This is the first time I have heard of this backup in training.

Random Task
04-24-2018, 04:41 AM
Is the month delay something new? This is the first time I have heard of this backup in training.

From what I understand, it's beginning with the 3/20 class and is also affecting the 4/3 class.

Goose Lives
04-30-2018, 03:19 PM
Folks are really wanting to be here so we are just that backed up. Training can only handle so many people/classes a month, but they are also still trying to make that process more efficient without hurting the quality of training.

IFlyThings
04-30-2018, 07:31 PM

It can vary depending on the examiner, but it’s pretty damn easy if you do the work. It’s not a “how many screws are on each slat panel” type of oral. It focuses on systems knowledge and understanding how the automation does its job.

SoFloFlyer
04-30-2018, 07:39 PM
It can vary depending on the examiner, but it’s pretty damn easy if you do the work. It’s not a “how many screws are on each slat panel” type of oral. It focuses on systems knowledge and understanding how the automation does its job.

Actually pretty relieved to hear that. ATP is the checkride of all checkrides. So I’m trying to get good study habits now so I don’t have a hard time with 121 training later

CAsFiled
05-01-2018, 07:29 AM
As far as the Indoc (and the condensed) Systems ground school, are the classes M-F or are they held through the weekends?

IFlyThings
05-01-2018, 11:17 AM
As far as the Indoc (and the condensed) Systems ground school, are the classes M-F or are they held through the weekends?

The only thing the schedule on weekends are sim sessions, everything else is M-F.

Flyfish83
05-03-2018, 11:46 AM
What is pay during training?

TheWeatherman
05-04-2018, 10:54 AM
What is pay during training?

Pay is clearly explained on Republics training page.

v1Brotate
05-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Is there a gouge kicking around anywhere for Republic's ATP Oral Exam?

TheWeatherman
05-05-2018, 08:16 AM
I am not saying any exist. But you may find out more once you get to class.

knewyork
05-05-2018, 08:23 AM

Just use the study guide found in comply (our manuals application). I think it’s called “Supplemental Study Guide” now. If you study that you’ll be good to go.

UnbeatenPath
05-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Pay is clearly explained on Republics training page.

Where is this training page? I can't find it

Flyfish83
05-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Having trouble finding this training page as well. Any help would be appreciated, just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks.

TheWeatherman
05-10-2018, 05:57 PM
Republic used to have a pdf with the training timeline and pay on their first officer career page. They must have took it down when they changed the training instead of just editing it.

stbloc
05-10-2018, 07:05 PM
Can someone get IAH out of training?

TheWeatherman
05-10-2018, 07:22 PM
Can someone get IAH out of training?

People got Miami out of training when it first opened, but it became senior very quick once it opened up. I imagine IAH will be the same, perhaps not to the same extent though. We'll have a better idea by early fall.

MaxQ411
05-15-2018, 01:19 PM
For the first month after coming on property, you are paid a stipend of $ 60/day for the days you are studying/attending InDoc.

After 30 days you come on the payroll at the appropriate FO payscale & minimum guarantees.

Av8r75
05-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Does that mean that during 1st 30 days you are only paid the 60 per day when in Indy or are you paid that during the home study as well?

Also, in month 2 you get $49 and change per day per diem...is that correct? If so, is that only paid while in Indy? I have heard there is sometimes a break in between end of systems and Sims.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TheWeatherman
05-16-2018, 12:20 PM
You don't get paid a salary the first 30 days. You get paid a non taxable perdiem of $60 per day.

JC1210
05-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Is the bonus first payout still at the end of first 30 days? Makes the first month of training hard to survive financially.

JayD
05-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Is the bonus first payout still at the end of first 30 days? Makes the first month of training hard to survive financially.

Plan for it and it shouldn’t be so bad. Use a credit card for anything that doesn’t need cash and then pay it off the next month after you get your bonus. Move your payment date to the end of the month and then you have almost two free months without interest.

TheWeatherman
05-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Remember it is tax free. When MMG kicked in the pay really didn't go up that much after taxes. Keep in mind you are only going to get per diem when you are away from home. You won't get it during CBTs or breaks in training.

JC1210
05-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Just to understand you get per diem for first 30 days only when on property? If sent home for CBT you don't get paid? After first thirty you receive minimum monthly there after? Are you saying if there is a break for sim or any reason you don't get paid?

TheWeatherman
05-17-2018, 08:10 AM
Just to understand you get per diem for first 30 days only when on property? If sent home for CBT you don't get paid? After first thirty you receive minimum monthly there after? Are you saying if there is a break for sim or any reason you don't get paid?
Yeah, what I wrote was a little confusing because I was describing two different types of per diem without explaining it.

The first per diem you are paid is $60 per day every day for your first 30 days, that is in lieu of your MMG.

Then when MMG kicks in 30 days after your seniority date, you get your min 75 hours for the month whether on property or not. This is when the other per diem kicks in, the $2.05 per diem per hour (which is part of your MMG when away from home) is only paid when you are in class or in the sims, not home doing CBTs I believe.

DiveAndDrive
05-18-2018, 07:07 AM
Just out of curiosity, when are the periods at RPA, and do you get half your guarantee on each pay check?

TheWeatherman
05-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Just out of curiosity, when are the periods at RPA, and do you get half your guarantee on each pay check?

Quaternary period of the Cenozoic era. Yes, half the guarantee each paycheck. The mid-month pay check also includes anything over guarantee and your per diem. So count on your mid month being the larger of the two pay checks.

DiveAndDrive
05-19-2018, 01:54 PM
Quaternary period of the Cenozoic era. Yes, half the guarantee each paycheck. The mid-month pay check also includes anything over guarantee and your per diem. So count on your mid month being the larger of the two pay checks.

Lol I could have SWORN I typed "pay periods". But thanks for the info!!

intherightseat
07-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Hey all,

First off, thanks again for all of the previously posted info.

I will be starting in August and wanted to touch base regarding sims - does there seem to still be a month-long backlog?

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jungle Jim
07-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Hey all,

First off, thanks again for all of the previously posted info.

I will be starting in August and wanted to touch base regarding sims - does there seem to still be a month-long backlog?

Thx!

Currently, there's about 2 weeks average between each milestone. E.g. 2 weeks off for Ethos, 2 weeks back for systems, 2 weeks off before EFPT, a week of that followed by SV prep/SV sometime in there, then 2 weeks before sims. Is that clear at all? However, by August time, it could be growing, as the substantiated rumor is the classes from here on are going into the 40's. This could mean more backup because there aren't anymore sims coming online. YMMV

Secludedsand
07-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Has anyone here used the bonus money to get to the required flight hours? Wondering what kind of prices they had.

Little short on the multi time. Seeing if it would be cheaper for me to rent locally.

Applying to a few different places but Republic is in the top few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zanfarroway
07-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Currently, there's about 2 weeks average between each milestone. E.g. 2 weeks off for Ethos, 2 weeks back for systems, 2 weeks off before EFPT, a week of that followed by SV prep/SV sometime in there, then 2 weeks before sims. Is that clear at all? However, by August time, it could be growing, as the substantiated rumor is the classes from here on are going into the 40's. This could mean more backup because there aren't anymore sims coming online. YMMV

I apologize for my ignorance, I'm trying to match what you are saying with the footprint. Can you elaborate on what Ethos, EFPT, and SV are?

intherightseat
07-03-2018, 12:34 AM

Appreciate the heads up, JJ.

Av8r75
07-03-2018, 03:47 AM
Ethos is the home systems course, EFPT is Electronic Flat Panel Trainer I believe, which is which is like a fancier FTD. It helps get you ready for sims.

Av8r75
07-03-2018, 03:48 AM
Oops sorry...EFPT is Enhanced Flat Panel Trainer

CrowneVic
07-05-2018, 07:07 PM
It's likely been answered on here already, but are you guys AQP for initial and recurrent?

Also, are chances of getting MCI in training fairly good?

Thank you.

Av8r75
07-06-2018, 03:43 AM
AQP for recurrent, but initial will also be AQP starting with the July 24th class I believe.

Havent heard of anyone getting MCI in training, but maybe after training. MIA is the hardest base to get right away.

CrowneVic
07-06-2018, 09:55 AM
Anyone have an "Ask a recruiter" phone or email?

Is there an abbreviated hiring/training track for pilots that are typed and current on the 175?

TIA.

Mitlaman
07-06-2018, 11:05 AM
So is AQP easier then? I’m in the July 24 class.

TheWeatherman
07-06-2018, 12:14 PM
So is AQP easier then? I’m in the July 24 class.
Congrats, looks like you will be the first to know.

Mitlaman
07-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Lol yeah. Then again I won’t know the difference.

So the backup in training is between FTDs and sims, then sims and IOE?

Arliss
07-06-2018, 05:00 PM
Many say AQP is easier or at least less scary than traditional. At my company you do multiple evaluations instead of one big one. The sim training was in 2 phases: maneuvers training, maneuvers validation, line oriented training, and a line oriented evaluation. The oral was done before sim training even started. A separate procedures validation was done after oral and before sims started. That's just my company, Rjet may be different.

SoFloFlyer
07-06-2018, 06:52 PM
Newbie question, but what is AQP? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?

zanfarroway
07-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Newbie question, but what is AQP? What are the advantages and disadvantages of it?

Av8r75 pretty much answered this a couple weeks back in the FO base drop thread:

https://ibb.co/jUKRxJ

SoFloFlyer
07-07-2018, 02:02 PM
Av8r75 pretty much answered this a couple weeks back in the FO base drop thread:

https://ibb.co/jUKRxJ

I remember it being answered just forgot where to find it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction