Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : No Pilots

P-3Bubba
04-23-2018, 07:22 PM
Just watched a flight real time cancel for NO PILOTS! Great job JB! How’s that venture jet? Wow the suck factor is High and our staffing is Low. Let’s see the $ rain tomorrow. You go Robin & ELT!

-Bubs

hilltopflyer
04-23-2018, 07:24 PM
How is it not ATCs fault?

Bluedriver
04-24-2018, 12:12 AM
Just watched a flight real time cancel for NO PILOTS! Great job JB! How’s that venture jet? Wow the suck factor is High and our staffing is Low. Let’s see the $ rain tomorrow. You go Robin & ELT!

-Bubs

But humanity!

capt707
04-24-2018, 03:30 AM

-Bubs

Good! We need more flights to cancel for no crew! One flight won't make a difference. Too many wh---s here willing to help out....

pilotpayne
04-24-2018, 05:30 AM
Good! We need more flights to cancel for no crew! One flight won't make a difference. Too many wh---s here willing to help out....

This guy.

Just like expected attrition, this is factored in.
You just need to destroy their assumptions.

I got called last night to do a FLL flight out of DCA.....no thanks.
(They had no crew)

Bozo the pilot
04-24-2018, 05:57 AM
This guy.

(They had no crew)

Good decision- now lets multiply that by hundreds and we'll see daylight.
With all the RSA being put out in April, do they really expect to get through tis summer without losing 50 mil?
FUPM----SOP

nuball5
04-24-2018, 06:20 AM
With all the RSA being put out in April, do they really expect to get through tis summer without losing 50 mil?
FUPM----SOP

I bet JetBlue has no issue operating through summer 2018 without a CBA for the pilots. They slogged through last summer with runway construction at both JFK/BOS with a "somewhat annoyed" pilot group. This summer they have a very angry pilot group but no operational issues at their two biggest domiciles. Expect more of the same.

rvr1800
04-24-2018, 06:21 AM
This guy.

(They had no crew)

That flight canceled.

pilotpayne
04-24-2018, 06:39 AM
FUPM----SOP

Last summer I made that same decision over and over again :)

Looking forward to keeping that trend

zulu99
04-24-2018, 06:53 AM
I'm on RSV in JFK and haven't seen an airplane in over 10 days, and in those ten days only three of them have been days off. If they are having staffing issues I certainly haven't been seeing it.

rvr1800
04-24-2018, 06:58 AM
I'm on RSV in JFK and haven't seen an airplane in over 10 days, and in those ten days only three of them have been days off. If they are having staffing issues I certainly haven't been seeing it.

You must be an FO.

Bluetruth
04-24-2018, 07:03 AM
I bet JetBlue has no issue operating through summer 2018 without a CBA for the pilots. They slogged through last summer with runway construction at both JFK/BOS with a "somewhat annoyed" pilot group. This summer they have a very angry pilot group but no operational issues at their two biggest domiciles. Expect more of the same.

The experience during last summer is what made the TWU decide to start collecting cards again, which lead to a very fast card signing campaign and subsequent call for election. Last summer cost them the FA group.

pilotpayne
04-24-2018, 07:05 AM
The experience during last summer is what made the TWU decide to start collecting cards again, which lead to a very fast card signing campaign and subsequent call for election. Last summer cost them the FA group.

Sure did.
This summer could cost them the airline

Ed Force One
04-24-2018, 07:09 AM
Really people? Really?

rvr1800
04-24-2018, 07:13 AM
Really people? Really?

Not answering your phone on a day off is a far cry from a concerted effort by a pilot group to not pick up open time. We’re very short staffed on the CA side. I get multiple calls a week some weeks to help out despite being on the Do Not Call list.

aldonite7667
04-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Our company doesn’t understand that average 85 hour bid divisors equals higher sick calls and fatigue calls. #clownshow.

Bozo the pilot
04-24-2018, 10:42 AM
Our company doesn’t understand that average 85 hour bid divisors equals higher sick calls and fatigue calls. #clownshow.

Im gonna go ahead and agree with this:)

FLYBOYMATTHEW
04-24-2018, 12:20 PM
Not answering your phone on a day off is a far cry from a concerted effort by a pilot group to not pick up open time. We’re very short staffed on the CA side. I get multiple calls a week some weeks to help out despite being on the Do Not Call list.

Unfortunately, this is not true if historical data doesn't show that same pattern of pilots not willing to cover open time.

P-3Bubba
04-24-2018, 04:56 PM
$88 million net profit in the weakest quarter of the year. No CBA. They have NO intention of a CBA in 2018.

-Bubs

benzoate
04-25-2018, 06:08 AM
$88 million net profit in the weakest quarter of the year. No CBA. They have NO intention of a CBA in 2018.

-Bubs

And why would they. The aircraft will still depart and arrive, albeit late. RSA/VDA's will continue to be picked up. We are our own worst enemy. Very frustrating.

P-3Bubba
04-25-2018, 04:25 PM
And why would they. The aircraft will still depart and arrive, albeit late. RSA/VDA's will continue to be picked up. We are our own worst enemy. Very frustrating.

I agree. The helpers gotta help. But I think layers are being eroded as the anger and the reality of the labor dispute evolves. I hear the same names and they’re only able to help so much. With Chiefs out there flying 4 hour delayed jets and real time pilotless cnx (found out no extension) we can shift this.

-Bubs

Bozo the pilot
04-25-2018, 05:20 PM
I agree. The helpers gotta help. But I think layers are being eroded as the anger and the reality of the labor dispute evolves. I hear the same names and they’re only able to help so much. With Chiefs out there flying 4 hour delayed jets and real time pilotless cnx (found out no extension) we can shift this.

-Bubs

Its upon us.
Btw, whats the deal with all of the 190 RSAs?
Seems like every day in April.

RiddleEagle18
04-25-2018, 05:57 PM
This is supposed to be the slow months leading to summer.

Summer is going to be crazy. Not sure I ever remember this number of RSA’s in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AYLflyer
04-26-2018, 03:55 AM
Its upon us.
Btw, whats the deal with all of the 190 RSAs?
Seems like every day in April.

I was wondering that too. I was flying last week during CAVU days and there were calls for 190 RSAs. We had no idea why but if they're so short now, summer is gonna be a serious wake up call for them.

P-3Bubba
04-27-2018, 04:37 AM
The 190 is understaffed. And it’s even more understaffed as the helpers and extenders become less numerous. They run the 190 min turns through northeast with full crew swaps. The reserves are used In the first 2 hours of the day and that’s it. RSA. Hope the helpers call “Oh man, it’s free $$.” Keep helping out. Dummies.

-Bubs

ARL120384
04-30-2018, 11:45 AM

-Bubs

What was the actual delay coded as? That’s the real question.

CaptCoolHand
04-30-2018, 11:48 AM

ATC

I'ts always ATC.

sorry... mostly real answer:D

Air Stang 7
04-30-2018, 12:08 PM
Lack of caring for schedule integrity because the passion for having fun outside of work wasn't deemed to be a safety risk.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

benzoate
05-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Take it for what it’s worth but rumor has it the airline is now monitoring the “helpers” and credit *****s because many may time out before due to the rolling clocks during peak periods. The company treats the “helpers” more like reserves than reserves. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

Bozo the pilot
05-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Take it for what it’s worth but rumor has it the airline is now monitoring the “helpers” and credit *****s because many may time out before due to the rolling clocks during peak periods. The company treats the “helpers” more like reserves than reserves. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

Is the fear that when the helpers time out, the op is understaffed? Did the alarm clock finally go off?
I hear the helpers arent helping like they used to. Are these morons finally tired of being underpaid?

P-3Bubba
05-02-2018, 03:08 PM
I flew with a guy who said that last summer he bent over backwards to help the operation and customers in need. He had a new comment to this upcoming summer seasons potential implosion,

“Last summer I got burned out. Maxed out extensions and schedule changes. What did I get? Tired and no thanks. I’m done with that. This summer I’m a no extender non helper.”

That’s what’s about to go down in the face I’d a CBA-less summer.

-Bubs

Bluedriver
05-02-2018, 03:14 PM
I flew with a guy who said that last summer he bent over backwards to help the operation and customers in need. He had a new comment to this upcoming summer seasons potential implosion,

“Last summer I got burned out. Maxed out extensions and schedule changes. What did I get? Tired and no thanks. I’m done with that. This summer I’m a no extender non helper.”

-Bubs

I've listened to many other guys tell the same story.

As these helpers keep dropping off, and they are, the remaining braindead zombies will be timing out and be unable to help.

This summer, without a CBA, will be an EPIC detonation of an airline.

This company has pushed this 12-18 months (or more) way too far, and we LET them do it.

Beechnut
05-02-2018, 04:04 PM
I have done my 2 Emr assignments for the year. The second one got me a letter in my file when I was late because I updated my iPad at report time.

Pretty sure I won't be doing anymore emr assignments for 2018.

nyboilermaker
05-02-2018, 04:37 PM
I flew with a guy..

I had a professor a long time ago who had a great quote, "Learning has occurred."

That is all.

NYB

queue
05-02-2018, 04:58 PM
I have done my 2 Emr assignments for the year. The second one got me a letter in my file when I was late because I updated my iPad at report time.

I hope you filed an FAA report on this incident. That sounds like retribution for exercising adherence to FAA regulations. You're always supposed to have "the most updated information available to conduct the flight", which includes the most current weather and navigation procedures. It doesn't matter if BJ policy says to do it only at the beginning of the pairing. A company can set up whatever policy they want and it means nothing. However, a CFR *always* matters. Sounds like BJ is undermining the "safety culture" by giving you paperwork because it took you time to acquire the most recent information needed to safely conduct the flight.

Let the FAA sort it out for you. You spend a fortune paying taxes.

https://hotline.faa.gov/

Don't let them get away with it! They already made a negative record of you. Also, don't be afraid of using this hotline. Trust me, the FAA is one of the only things BJ fears.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

atrdriver
05-02-2018, 05:03 PM

This shouldn't happen. Details?

queue
05-02-2018, 05:24 PM
So guys are being called in to talk about their maintenance logbook actions also?

Sounds like coercion and a deliberate erosion of the safety culture that needs to be investigated. What other possible purpose could there be to call in a pilot for logbooks unless it's retribution? The conversation should never go further than:

BJ CP: "Blah blah logbook blah blah".

You: "I am just following 14 CFR and the MEL/CDL OpSpec as required by law."

It should never go any further than that. There's a reason that Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association over at SWA sent a letter of "no confidence" to their Director of MX.

Anything more than that is just a fishing expedition. They are looking for anything that could be conveniently misinterpreted or assumed to build a parallel case to hang a pilot with.

Press Release: AMFA Leadership Cast Vote of “No Confidence” in SWA VP of Maintenance Operations (http://www.amfanational.org/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&homeID=683469)

AMFA (http://www.amfanational.org/index.cfm?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&homeID=683469)

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Beechnut
05-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Yeah. There was a group meeting where captains were pulled in to the office because their write ups had increased x percentage.

An Orlando Captain was just called in for his slow taxi.

Off the cuff rumors work against the pilot group and I stay away from them. That being said.... these things are really happening.

I'll tell my story when I can sit down at a key board.

In UNITY.

pilotpayne
05-02-2018, 05:40 PM
Yeah. There was a group meeting where captains were pulled in to the office because their write ups had increased x percentage.

Off the cuff rumors work against the pilot group and I stay away from them. That being said.... these things are really happening.

In UNITY.

Pulled in for a slow taxi? Do we have a minimum taxi speed?

Beechnut
05-02-2018, 05:54 PM
Pulled in for a slow taxi? Do we have a minimum taxi speed?

Doesn't matter Payne. You know that.

queue
05-02-2018, 09:57 PM

In UNITY.

Increase x percentage? Wow... talk about false statistics. You really can make stats lie. Next, they will be calling you in because your on-time-performance decreased by 10%.

Sounds like they need FAA attention. I call it coercion. If you know any of the Captains, please tell them to write a statement of fact on the FAA Hotline website. Let the FAA deal with BJ. Sounds like Allegiant style antics.

PasserOGas
05-03-2018, 04:18 AM

In UNITY.

Wow. Could the increase in write ups be correlated to the gutting of tech ops? Just sayin'.

WhistlePig
05-03-2018, 05:47 AM
If you ever think safe operation of the aircraft at the behest of (insert workgroup here) is in question, file an ASAP. Every time.

joepilot
05-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Guys, please be really careful here. UAL union got a really big fine a few years ago based mostly on what was posted online by some of our more rabid people. There are lots of management people reading what is posted here. This could really hurt efforts to get a good contract.

Joe

pilotpayne
05-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Doesn't matter Payne. You know that.

Oh I hope you didn’t think I was questioning you.
Just making an observation about what a stupid thing to call a guy in for. But that seems to be SOP right now. There are legitimate things to question captains about and I was asked about something that was a safety issue when the ground guys dorked up. Quick professional email from CP over and done. This other stuff is such a waste of their time, that takes them away from real issues.

I really hope we get past this because this damage will be hard to repair.

queue
05-03-2018, 06:59 AM
Guys, please be really careful here. UAL union got a really big fine a few years ago based mostly on what was posted online by some of our more rabid people. There are lots of management people reading what is posted here. This could really hurt efforts to get a good contract.

Joe

Can you please provide examples of specific activities (e.g. what they said) resulting in a fine? Lots of people have opinions but rarely a true understanding of the process and its findings that resulted in the fine. Need data.

So far nothing here has been written with the singular purpose of devaluing the company's profit or otherwise in a malicious capacity. Only the legal responsibilities of a pilot are discussed. There shouldn't be retribution for exposing a degrading safety culture, although it appears to be rampant in this industry due to decades of pilot tolerance for it.

The best thing to do is to let the FAA sort things out. If there's a concern regarding safety, no matter how small, it should always be reported. The FAA will take over and thus the pilot is not liable for spreading rumors or anything like that. This could have helped other airlines that have gotten recent attention in the media. I wonder how many pilots at 2 recently highlighted airlines walked past safety issues or safety culture issues without using the FAA hotline....

queue
05-03-2018, 07:10 AM
If you ever think safe operation of the aircraft at the behest of (insert workgroup here) is in question, file an ASAP. Every time.

ASAP or Safety Action Report? (forgot what it's called)

Is the SAR sanctioned in law like ASAP is?

jtrain609
05-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Can you please provide examples of specific activities (e.g. what they said) resulting in a fine? Lots of people have opinions but rarely a true understanding of the process and its findings that resulted in the fine. Need data.

So far nothing here has been written with the singular purpose of devaluing the company's profit or otherwise in a malicious capacity. Only the legal responsibilities of a pilot are discussed. There shouldn't be retribution for exposing a degrading safety culture, although it appears to be rampant in this industry due to decades of pilot tolerance for it.

The best thing to do is to let the FAA sort things out. If there's a concern regarding safety, no matter how small, it should always be reported. The FAA will take over and thus the pilot is not liable for spreading rumors or anything like that. This could have helped other airlines that have gotten recent attention in the media. I wonder how many pilots at 2 recently highlighted airlines walked past safety issues or safety culture issues without using the FAA hotline....

If you were an ALPA member, which you're not, since you're a management plant and not an airline pilot, you'd know exactly what the criteria is when you log in to an ALPA web forum.

PasserOGas
05-03-2018, 08:27 AM
If you were an ALPA member, which you're not, since you're a management plant and not an airline pilot, you'd know exactly what the criteria is when you log in to an ALPA web forum.

I still don't get why you would think Q is a management plant. He has been very vocal about ALPA being asleep at the wheel and asking for MORE agressive action from our MEC. Why would a management plant argue for those things? Hyperboy is an open management plant. He may be a dues paying member, but his sympathies lie squarely with Hayes and Co.

jtrain609
05-03-2018, 08:29 AM
I still don't get why you would think Q is a management plant. He has been very vocal about ALPA being asleep at the wheel and asking for MORE agressive action from our MEC. Why would a management plant argue for those things? Hyperboy is an open management plant. He may be a dues paying member, but his sympathies lie squarely with Hayes and Co.

Because he's asking pilots to take matters into their own hands, not follow MEC guidance.

The MEC has been clear about what every pilot needs to be doing.

N311JB
05-03-2018, 08:40 AM

-Bubs

And with 3 pilot deaths in the last couple weeks, just remember health and family come first

queue
05-03-2018, 10:08 AM
Because he's asking pilots to take matters into their own hands, not follow MEC guidance.

The MEC has been clear about what every pilot needs to be doing.

You are wrong. Consider this. Does ALPA file ASAP reports for you or is that the legal function of the certificated airman? If you violate a FAR and you get in trouble, is ALPA's non-existent certificate on the line, or is yours? Remember you work in a profession that has multiple layers of jurisdiction, some legal, some simply company policy (which mean nothing).

ALPA has it's role, as does each individual certificated airman. It's a matter of jurisdiction. MEC guidance is to follow SOP. Using ASAP or the FAA Hotline (the better option) is not just SOP, it's within the law.

-------- edit -----------
That is what bothers me about people being called in for logbook writeups. They were simply following SOP.

jtrain609
05-03-2018, 10:31 AM
You are wrong. Consider this. Does ALPA file ASAP reports for you or is that the legal function of the certificated airman? If you violate a FAR and you get in trouble, is ALPA's non-existent certificate on the line, or is yours? Remember you work in a profession that has multiple layers of jurisdiction, some legal, some simply company policy (which mean nothing).

ALPA has it's role, as does each individual certificated airman. It's a matter of jurisdiction. MEC guidance is to follow SOP. Using ASAP or the FAA Hotline (the better option) is not just SOP, it's within the law.

That is what bothers me about people being called in for logbook writeups. They were simply following SOP.

If you were getting the union e-mails you'd know the MEC says that pilots aren't being disciplined for MX write ups. Anyone who comes on here and says, "Yeah, but it happened to me!" or, "Yeah, but it happened to my buddy" might well be part of the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt campaign that's being run by the company and their legal counsel.

And that's my fundamental problem with you and a few of the other posters who have shown up since the first picket; you materialize out of nowhere, spread disinformation, and contradict the only source union pilots have for their information; the MEC.

And to really make my point, let me quote an MEC communication directly on that issue: "Our focus is clear. There have been no miscommunications; our statements are specific, true, and readily verifiable. Your MEC is the only credible source of information." (Bolded for emphasis)

queue
05-03-2018, 10:46 AM
If you were getting the union e-mails you'd know the MEC says that pilots aren't being disciplined for MX write ups. Anyone who comes on here and says, "Yeah, but it happened to me!" or, "Yeah, but it happened to my buddy" might well be part of the Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt campaign that's being run by the company and their legal counsel.

And that's my fundamental problem with you and a few of the other posters who have shown up since the first picket; you materialize out of nowhere, spread disinformation, and contradict the only source union pilots have for their information; the MEC.

And to really make my point, let me quote an MEC communication directly on that issue: "Our focus is clear. There have been no miscommunications; our statements are specific, true, and readily verifiable. Your MEC is the only credible source of information." (Bolded for emphasis)

I don't disagree with you about only trusting what the MEC puts out. So yes, the notion that people being called in are hearsay until each person proves it for themselves. That process of discovery is fine with me, and encouraged.

My concern is that IF people are called in for these events, and IF the motive is maintenance related, THEN I am concerned of the *threat* of intimidation. Safety culture is a function of public opinion affecting each person through intangible psychology.

So, do you have an issue with pilots knowing their legal options (e.g. ASAP, FAA Hotline)?

jtrain609
05-03-2018, 11:06 AM
I don't disagree with you about only trusting what the MEC puts out. So yes, the notion that people being called in are hearsay until each person proves it for themselves. That process of discovery is fine with me, and encouraged.

My concern is that IF people are called in for these events, and IF the motive is maintenance related, THEN I am concerned of the *threat* of intimidation. Safety culture is a function of public opinion affecting each person through intangible psychology.

So, do you have an issue with pilots knowing their legal options (e.g. ASAP, FAA Hotline)?

We're God damned airline pilots, of course we know about ASAP. That's like walking into an attorney's office and counseling them on the elements of negligence. But more important than ASAP, pilots are owed union representation during disciplinary hearings. If you were a union pilot, you'd know that.

queue
05-03-2018, 12:46 PM
We're God damned airline pilots, of course we know about ASAP. That's like walking into an attorney's office and counseling them on the elements of negligence. But more important than ASAP, pilots are owed union representation during disciplinary hearings. If you were a union pilot, you'd know that.

Funny how this board censors profanity except for the only unforgivable sin, using the Lord's name in vain. Did something strike one of your pressure points?

How do you know that I'm not a union pilot. I pay a lot of $$$. So Mr. Airline Pilot, when would you use the FAA hotline vs. ASAP? I would love for someone as knowledgeable and qualified as you to educate me on this.

WacoQCF
05-03-2018, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately, this is not true if historical data doesn't show that same pattern of pilots not willing to cover open time.

Atlas did not win a case when this was alleged in a court case for 2017. What they got was an injunction for the Union to stop using a campaign slogan of SHOP and BOOT (Stop Helping Out Purchase - ie Headquarters) and (Block Out On Time). The behavior, especially fatigue, not picking up open time trips, and sick calls was defended by the court.

queue
05-03-2018, 02:00 PM
Atlas did not win a case when this was alleged in a court case for 2017. What they got was an injunction for the Union to stop using a campaign slogan of SHOP and BOOT (Stop Helping Out Purchase - ie Headquarters) and (Block Out On Time). The behavior, especially fatigue, not picking up open time trips, and sick calls was defended by the court.

So, if ALPA says it, it's okay.

If you say it on message boards, you get problems.

PontiusPilot
05-03-2018, 02:33 PM
Funny how this board censors profanity except for the only unforgivable sin, using the Lord's name in vain.

Hahaha. Seriously?

rvr1800
05-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Funny how this board censors profanity except for the only unforgivable sin, using the Lord's name in vain.

What are your thoughts on the shroud of Turin?

Fuseplug
05-03-2018, 05:49 PM
I had a professor a long time ago who had a great quote, "Learning has occurred."
NYB

OK... who was it? Fanjoy?

BoilerUP
05-03-2018, 06:13 PM
OK... who was it? Fanjoy?

TQC.........

queue
05-03-2018, 06:31 PM

I just saw a documentary on it not too long ago. I can't form any conclusions. In fact, I can't even think of a methodology to test any hypothesis against it. For example, due to all the atmospheric radioactivity present in today's atmosphere, radiocarbon dating can be quite inaccurate, which shifts many things in archeology and paleontology. Also, radiocarbon dating makes assumptions as to the amount of carbon present at the time of formation. Just like adiabatic lapse rate in a standard atmosphere is never exactly 2C per 1,000 ft, radiocarbon dating can be quite inaccurate due to the assumptions we put into the basic equation. So what does that leave to test age? Nothing that I have found. Unfortunately anything historical cannot be proven with science. Science requires a different standard of evidence (beyond reasonable doubt as tested and reproduced through methodology) whereas history relies on a preponderance of evidence. There are plenty of mysteries of the ancient world and also lots of untested mythology surrounding the present day location of things. For example, the ark may be found on an island protected by elaborate tunnel floodings. One of these days I will get around to asking a professor associate about the shroud. It's not something I've studied in depth.

BeatNavy
05-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Please for the love of God, leave that in BP.

pilotpayne
05-03-2018, 07:04 PM
Please for the love of God, leave that in BP.

Maybe he is bluemax

BeatNavy
05-03-2018, 08:50 PM
Maybe he is bluemax

Maybe so 🤔. I think they could be friends for sure.

rvr1800
05-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Maybe he is bluemax

Just need his opinion on the holocaust and peak oil for confirmation. Queue?

benzoate
05-04-2018, 11:47 AM

The reality with this scenario is the juicers who for years carried and carried MEL’s in violation of the FOM and FAR’s just recently decided to start doing their job. These juicers then decided to go out of their way to document EVERY discrepancy they could find. The company choose to question what they were doing since they had a pattern of never writing anything up. Some idiots you just can’t help and unfortunately the jetblue pilot group has more than most.

queue
05-04-2018, 11:50 AM
Just need his opinion on the holocaust and peak oil for confirmation. Queue?

Sorry but I don't know Bluemax.

Holocaust: Which one? If you are referring to the one caused by the National Socialists in Germany, then, well... it happened. Millions died.. Jews, Poles, Russians, etc. Very sad... not the finest hour of humanity. I've seen the remains of Auschwitz personally and nothing, literally nothing, has made me more deeply sad than what I saw, even decades later. Don't forget that Communism killed even more people (Mao).

Peak Oil: it's a logical theory but the timing is unknown. The problem is that no one knows how much oil there is. All we know is that Earth is of a finite dimension, with a finite volume, therefore we WILL run out of oil at some point. From what I understand, "peak oil" is an economic theory that is logical, but relies on data we don't have, therefore I doubt anyone can draw a valid conclusion yet.

queue
05-04-2018, 12:16 PM
The reality with this scenario is the juicers who for years carried and carried MEL’s in violation of the FOM and FAR’s just recently decided to start doing their job. These juicers then decided to go out of their way to document EVERY discrepancy they could find. The company choose to question what they were doing since they had a pattern of never writing anything up. Some idiots you just can’t help and unfortunately the jetblue pilot group has more than most.

You are so right.

It's so sad that people are so willfully ignorant about many things that they even allow themselves to be juicers in the first place. I blame them for BJ not having ALPA (or an equivalent) since the beginning and for causing multiple attempts to unionize. I blame them for their pathetically low standards, their lack of integrity in not writing things up, and for maintaining their low standards. They are not innocent... they simply chose to remain ignorant of the facts and they continue to be guilty.

It also bothers me that BJ tracks how well you follow the CFRs. There evidently is retribution, cloaked in the facade of "good cop" but still, it's the same thing. There should be no metrics kept on this. I still believe this is something of grave concern to the FAA. If people are being dissuaded from writing up paint chips or whatever they have a beef about today (which is still the lawful requirement!), tomorrow they will be motivated not to document smoke/fume incidents, engine inspections, etc... This is how it starts. History will repeat itself as it has done many times at many other places in many industries. Makes one wonder why Robin would send out an email asking people to do a survey about the "safety culture" at BJ. Why now? What are they worried about? Are they wanting to use it to prove to someone that people feel their safety culture is adequate? Will they use it to fight back against allegations that they are being unsafe? Remember that survey is not anonymous. Incidentally, I've not heard words from ALPA about whether that particular survey should or should not be filled out.

rvr1800
05-04-2018, 02:45 PM
Sorry but I don't know Bluemax.

Holocaust: Which one? If you are referring to the one caused by the National Socialists in Germany, then, well... it happened. Millions died.. Jews, Poles, Russians, etc. Very sad... not the finest hour of humanity. I've seen the remains of Auschwitz personally and nothing, literally nothing, has made me more deeply sad than what I saw, even decades later. Don't forget that Communism killed even more people (Mao).

Peak Oil: it's a logical theory but the timing is unknown. The problem is that no one knows how much oil there is. All we know is that Earth is of a finite dimension, with a finite volume, therefore we WILL run out of oil at some point. From what I understand, "peak oil" is an economic theory that is logical, but relies on data we don't have, therefore I doubt anyone can draw a valid conclusion yet.

Ok not bluemax

queue
05-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Ok not bluemax

You should ask BlueMax to come here.

He might amuse me.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/nFR0u.jpg

Bluedriver
05-05-2018, 06:36 AM
you should ask bluemax to come here.

He might amuse me.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/nfr0u.jpg

this communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of alpa or jb alpa and does not represent the collective pilot group, alpa, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Bilbo T Baggins
05-06-2018, 11:07 AM
Remember that survey is not anonymous. Incidentally, I've not heard words from ALPA about whether that particular survey should or should not be filled out.

I didn't find instructions on how to receive pay for my time to fill out said survey, so I will not be completing it. I also don't believe it's anonymous, and I bet if they had questions to what anybody wrote, they could easily find you from "your unique link" you have to click to get to the survey.

CaptCoolHand
05-06-2018, 11:29 AM
The only surveys to fill out are the ALPA surveys.

alpa has stated that before. If you missed it maybe you need to sign onto the ALPA web site and read back to 2014 Queue. You're into research and stuff. go do some R&D and report back.

queue
05-06-2018, 11:35 AM
The only surveys to fill out are the ALPA surveys.

alpa has stated that before. If you missed it maybe you need to sign onto the ALPA web site and read back to 2014 Queue. You're into research and stuff. go do some R&D and report back.

I believe you, and I have a vague recollection of seeing that. I was simply saying it because the recent ALPA blasts did mention other kinds of surveys, yet not this one.

ARL120384
05-08-2018, 01:57 AM
This shouldn't happen. Details?

Happened to me too last week. Got a no show for missing a DH due to a pubs update.

RiddleEagle18
05-08-2018, 03:43 AM
Happened to me too last week. Got a no show for missing a DH due to a pubs update.

I look forward to learning about your grievance results....

queue
05-08-2018, 10:20 AM
I look forward to learning about your grievance results....

1) file grievance

2) file FAA Hotline report saying you were penalized for not violating the FAA mandated definition of "on duty". This is a safety concern. This is far more important than #1.

Seriously guys, this needs to ALWAYS be your first instinct. Don't tolerate operational complacency.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1