Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Russdfly
04-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Hey everyone, looking for an AME that's friendly to "over the hill" pilots in North Carolina or surrounding areas for 1st class medical. I don't have major medical issues, but I'm not in my 20's either. Any help/details is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

AirBear
04-26-2018, 09:56 AM
Hey everyone, looking for an AME that's friendly to "over the hill" pilots in North Carolina or surrounding areas for 1st class medical. I don't have major medical issues, but I'm not in my 20's either. Any help/details is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

In CLT there's Dr. Al Hudson at the Charlotte Medical Center. He does a large percentage of the local American Airlines pilots. Not sure if he's taking new patients or not. Call the Medical Center and get the number for his nurse Angela. She's been the nurse on my physicals for 27 years. Dr. Hudson is great, very laid back. He really helped me make the decision to go out on medical last year. Left it up to me since I could still pass the physical but was doing long term damage to my health by not going on non-FAA approved meds to help my condition. He had a long talk about it with me and helped me decide.

He's really easy to work with and is about the same age as you.

Edit: Here's some info on Dr. Hudson, I think the phone number is the main switchboard so you'll need to get Angela's number since she schedules the physicals. FAA stuff is done separate from his regular practice at the clinic:

http://flightphysical.com/dr-hudson-a

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1