Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New routes being announced today

seekingblue
04-25-2018, 05:06 AM
From the other site.

New routes announced today. (Bozeman, Hayden, BUR-JFK (2nd service) and BUR-BOS

See you all on the 17th!

Dashbro
04-25-2018, 11:17 AM
What does anybody know about JB moving the LGB operation to somewhere else in the Southern California area? RH brought it up during the earnings call.

David Puddy
04-25-2018, 11:23 AM
What does anybody know about JB moving the LGB operation to somewhere else in the Southern California area? RH brought it up during the earnings call.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2018/04/24/jetblue-routes-los-angeles/546008002/

Sounds like a possible reduction of flights out of LGB is possible.

capt707
04-25-2018, 11:28 AM
LGB going from 35 to 23 flights/day. I'm seeing a slow shift to ONT eventually.

Bluedriver
04-25-2018, 11:47 AM

My crystal ball sees a shift to ONT and BUR over time.

Bozo the pilot
04-25-2018, 11:49 AM

Yes but LGB will remain a "focus city"
FUPM B6

Bluedriver
04-25-2018, 11:57 AM
To the guy who said looks like a big expansion:

JB took 6 pieces of flare off the right side of their uniform and moved them to the left side. There is still only 6 pieces of flare, not 12, which is well below the required minimum peices of flare.

Standard company SOP.

aldonite7667
04-25-2018, 12:13 PM

Me thinks they put the airport managers at BUR, ONT, LGB and SNA against each other as to who will get the most Jetblue love. Smart.

benzoate
04-25-2018, 12:17 PM
To the guy who said looks like a big expansion:

JB took 6 pieces of flare off the right side of their uniform and moved them to the left side. There is still only 6 pieces of flare, not 12, which is well below the required minimum peices of flare.

Standard company SOP.

Any expansion is service will typically be met by a reduction in another city. In addition, the expansion will be redeye flying. The devil is always in the details.

Bluedriver
04-25-2018, 12:20 PM
Me thinks they put the airport managers at BUR, ONT, LGB and SNA against each other as to who will get the most Jetblue love. Smart.

I don't see SNA being a big player and LGB with it's slot controls and hostile locals was NEVER our permanent SOCAL big-picture network solution. We will stay there, but it was never going to be enough for our long term SOCAL network.

My opinion, it's worth what you paid for it.

David Puddy
04-25-2018, 12:24 PM

ONT has been seeing a lot of growth recently. I think one of the Chinese airlines announced nonstop service to Beijing out of ONT recently. Would make sense - huge catchment area.

hilltopflyer
04-25-2018, 12:28 PM
Anything but lgb please. They don't want us there so why go there.

Bluedriver
04-25-2018, 12:35 PM
ONT has been seeing a lot of growth recently. I think one of the Chinese airlines announced nonstop service to Beijing out of ONT recently. Would make sense - huge catchment area.

Oh, now it's ONT for sure. If there's a business partner available to fly big airplanes so we don't have to, it's a foregone conclusion.

BeatNavy
04-25-2018, 12:46 PM
LGB doesnít like our noise. We recently got a request from a rep in SoCal to add vortex generators to stop the airbus whine over Huntington Beach. LGB didnít approve our international expansion bc of noise and environmental concerns (despite no change to the number of slots at LGB). Wonder if the EMT has thought about making a proposal to LGB to replace some a320s with CS300s in/out of LGB to satisfy the environmental concerns (noise and pollution) for increased access (ie international). Seems like a 130 seat plane may help right size a lot of our routes there, too.

BlueJetDork
04-26-2018, 06:48 AM
LGB doesnít like our noise. We recently got a request from a rep in SoCal to add vortex generators to stop the airbus whine over Huntington Beach.

BOS did the same thing.

UAL complied and B6 did nothing.

This was over a year ago.

Virgalask330
04-30-2018, 06:31 AM
I feel like both of our carriers are consolidating on their respective coasts for a future merger. (As+ b6)

jtrain609
04-30-2018, 06:39 AM
I feel like both of our carriers are consolidating on their respective coasts for a future merger. (As+ b6)

Removing overlap, and thus barriers to regulatory approval.

ShyGuy
05-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Do you guys see that merger happening? I don't see how AS gig harbor would ever want to give up their symbol and name. And running an eskimo face from JFK to Barbados isn't going to work.

I skipped 4 upgrade bids in SF/LA to stay in JFK as a senior FO to be with my baby kids/wife. I valued family time over more money to a transcon commute to reserve. That's a big no-no. With them pretty much getting ready to close JFK, my options are very limited. Call me crazy, but I'm even considering throwing an app to jetBlue and see what goes. At least B6 would give me what I already am now which is a FO in New York. The only other option is to pack up, leave the families behind, head out to California, take the upgrade, and then hope one of the big 3 call so I can get back on the east coast. I already moved once to CA and then to east coast when the NY based open. Now just the thought of having to do the same 2 moves again just sucks. And that's of course assuming I can get out to the big 3, if not, then I'm stuck on the west for good. Barring any potential mergers again (B6?)

I guess on a bright side it's not like I'm losing a job. I think we can all agree that the flying job itself is great, but this industry at many times just sucks (mergers - 2 for me now, base closures, etc).

Bluedriver
05-02-2018, 09:36 AM
I'm curious to here other opinions, but none of us know...

I think a B6 AK merger is well within the possible range of outcomes, but I'm only at 25% probability in the next 3 years. 30-35% in 5 years.

Just my *opinion* though.

Rabid Seagull
05-02-2018, 09:38 AM

I feel like both of the carriers are consolidating on their respective routes for a future merger. ( UA + b6)

Fixed it for you.

UA does too much north and south on the west coast, so B6 is changing their strategy.

C'Mon man, I'm dreaming for all of us:)

Bigapplepilot
05-02-2018, 10:59 AM
Do you guys see that merger happening? I don't see how AS gig harbor would ever want to give up their symbol and name. And running an eskimo face from JFK to Barbados isn't going to work.

I skipped 4 upgrade bids in SF/LA to stay in JFK as a senior FO to be with my baby kids/wife. I valued family time over more money to a transcon commute to reserve. That's a big no-no. With them pretty much getting ready to close JFK, my options are very limited. Call me crazy, but I'm even considering throwing an app to jetBlue and see what goes. At least B6 would give me what I already am now which is a FO in New York. The only other option is to pack up, leave the families behind, head out to California, take the upgrade, and then hope one of the big 3 call so I can get back on the east coast. I already moved once to CA and then to east coast when the NY based open. Now just the thought of having to do the same 2 moves again just sucks. And that's of course assuming I can get out to the big 3, if not, then I'm stuck on the west for good. Barring any potential mergers again (B6?)

I guess on a bright side it's not like I'm losing a job. I think we can all agree that the flying job itself is great, but this industry at many times just sucks (mergers - 2 for me now, base closures, etc).

Shyguy why not apply to the majors now?

jtrain609
05-02-2018, 11:05 AM
I feel like both of the carriers are consolidating on their respective routes for a future merger. ( UA + b6)

Fixed it for you.

UA does too much north and south on the west coast, so B6 is changing their strategy.

C'Mon man, I'm dreaming for all of us:)

You want to be bought by one of the most mismanaged airlines in the industry, who has a history of furloughing thousands of pilots at a time, where we'd get killed in an SLI? All to get better rates a little bit sooner than we'd produce on our own?

That's the kind of sucidal optimism you just don't see every day.

hilltopflyer
05-02-2018, 11:50 AM
You want to be bought by one of the most mismanaged airlines in the industry, who has a history of furloughing thousands of pilots at a time, where we'd get killed in an SLI? All to get better rates a little bit sooner than we'd produce on our own?

To get away from robin.....
hell ya

ShyGuy
05-02-2018, 11:53 AM
Shyguy why not apply to the majors now?

Apps have been in for a while, nothing yet. Maybe the 0 Pic is whatís stopping a decent look.

Bluedriver
05-02-2018, 11:56 AM

Yeah, because everything's great here!

What motivates you to play the part of JB defender during a labor dispute?

Honest question.

Bozo the pilot
05-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Yup- Give me the mismanaged Untied Airlines over this B6 BS culture you love so much Jtrain- Btw was the handle "T-Bone" not availabe:rolleyes:

PasserOGas
05-02-2018, 02:43 PM
To get away from robin.....
hell ya

Yes, because B6 is soooo well managed. Hmmm lets see, mismanaged with terrific work rules and pay, or jetblew? I'm gonna poot on' ma thinkn' cap fur that wun!

Bluewaffle
05-02-2018, 06:22 PM

Former B6 here. UA has its issues like every airline but to call them
Mismanaged after experiencing robinís clown show is a bit naive. Operationally, UA is light years ahead of B6 and the pay isnít too bad either

SmitteyB
05-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Apps have been in for a while, nothing yet. Maybe the 0 Pic is whatís stopping a decent look.

If you are the primary bread winner, your wife should understand that and be willing to move. You go where the job is, not take a pay cut and lose precious seniority because of an unwillingness to commute.

Commute or move. I wouldnít ever think of going to B6 in your position.

Bluedriver
05-03-2018, 12:19 AM
Mismanaged after experiencing robinís clown show is a bit naive. Operationally, UA is light years ahead of B6 and the pay isnít too bad either

This guy! You've experienced both, and know the truth.

I'm sorry but we have some seriously special Juiceboxes here at JB.

Bozo the pilot
05-03-2018, 05:06 AM

This is what Ive heard from 6 guys who left Blewjet for UAL. They love it-now that may be in comparison to the glorified regional that is jetblew, but Id take it any day.
The work rules are light years ahead of the B6BS.

stanky
05-03-2018, 10:13 AM

Former UAL guy here. Furloughed in 2002. Having spent the last 13 years in. Blue shirt, I can tell you that UAL is a far better choice for a career in every conceivable regard. I just couldnt afford a second furlough or I would have gone back. I still regret my decision .

pilotpayne
05-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Former UAL guy here. Furloughed in 2002. Having spent the last 13 years in. Blue shirt, I can tell you that UAL is a far better choice for a career in every conceivable regard. I just couldnt afford a second furlough or I would have gone back. I still regret my decision .

NOW, yes totally agree but it wasnít a fun ride for the UAl guys to get to NOW.

We will see what the future holds.

No I am not sticking up for jetblue itís just amazing to watch the industry the industry turn, up down up.

Still going to be some interesting times to come and I think there will be a merger with somebody and JetBlue.

GuppyPuppy
05-03-2018, 12:55 PM

Maybe you'll get lucky and be junior to yourself!

The way this place seems to run, I can only hope for a buyout/merger.

Gup

pilotpayne
05-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Maybe you'll get lucky and be junior to yourself!

The way this place seems to run, I can only hope for a buyout/merger.

Gup

Well the merger articles are starting again, so you never know.

benzoate
05-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Airways here. Still regret my decision as well.

One thing I will add is we have a large segment of the pilot group believe anything management puts in a email. If the company told them to fly 300kts below 10K even though itís against the regulations they would do it. They canít seem to think for themselves and jetblue has cultivated this fake news culture where if the say it then clearly itís true. I canít believe how many jetblue pilots still run around repeating the phrase ďfailed modelsĒ as an excuse to except less in a CBA.

We had issues at every other carrier Iíve ever worked for but jetblue takes the cake. The cult nature of this place is truly akin to a social experiment.

queue
05-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Airways here. Still regret my decision as well.

One thing I will add is we have a large segment of the pilot group believe anything management puts in a email. If the company told them to fly 300kts below 10K even though itís against the regulations they would do it. They canít seem to think for themselves and jetblue has cultivated this fake news culture where if the say it then clearly itís true. I canít believe how many jetblue pilots still run around repeating the phrase ďfailed modelsĒ as an excuse to except less in a CBA.

We had issues at every other carrier Iíve ever worked for but jetblue takes the cake. The cult nature of this place is truly akin to a social experiment.

Your post is painfully truthful. I often wish we had a handbook of common lies, deceptions, historical events, Modus operandi (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_operandi), tactics, techniques, and so on... that could be used to teach the juicers and the cultists the truth. I am very concerned that we will get table scraps because pilot's standards are so low. We already got offered table scraps by BJ.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

queue
05-04-2018, 01:44 PM
Well the merger articles are starting again, so you never know.

In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of a merger?

What are the pitfalls that we should be concerned about and worry about? What can we do to put ourselves in a better posture?

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

rvr1800
05-05-2018, 04:20 AM

What are the pitfalls that we should be concerned about and worry about? What can we do to put ourselves in a better posture?

I think the biggest pro of being bought by one of the big 3 is job security. The way this place has been run the past few years is making a lot of us question the future of the company. Yeah theyíre making money right now but so is everyone else. If thereís another recession how will we weather that?

benzoate
05-05-2018, 02:59 PM

Given the nature of retirements there wont be furloughs. One airline will argue DOH and the other will argue percentage of seniority. Most carriers will allow an arbitrator to decide. Neither group will receive a windfall(thank you Nicolau).

In the end for Jetblue pilots we will receive better pay, benefits, retirement, security, career progression.

What will we lose? Some home based pilots like FLL, MCO or LGB may lose their base. In the end each individual will view the merger differently but every pilot will not have a choice.

I, for one, can deal with commuting knowing I can retire. Jetblue has too many question marks for a long term career.

Gearswinger
05-05-2018, 04:49 PM
I think the biggest pro of being bought by one of the big 3 is job security. The way this place has been run the past few years is making a lot of us question the future of the company. Yeah theyíre making money right now but so is everyone else. If thereís another recession how will we weather that?

Posted in a thread where a bunch of guys talk about being furloughed from the Big 3. Wow.

NO ONE has job security at any airline.

Bozo the pilot
05-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Posted in a thread where a bunch of guys talk about being furloughed from the Big 3. Wow.

NO ONE has job security at any airline.

What he's pointing out is the apparent need for pilots in the midst of mass retirements at the Legacy carriers- Did you pick up on that ?

Gearswinger
05-06-2018, 03:15 AM
What he's pointing out is the apparent need for pilots in the midst of mass retirements at the Legacy carriers- Did you pick up on that ?

Things still happen. I felt pretty secure when people decided to fly planes into buildings. Turns out I wasnít. Felt like I was moving up and then the law was changed to let guys fly until 65. Turns out I wasnít moving up anymore. There is no such thing as security here or any airline, those retirements could be pushed out by an age increase. AI can negate the need for 2 pilots. Hell, you can get sick and lose your medical this afternoon. Job security in aviation doesnít exist. JB certainly isnít as stable and secure as DL, AA, and UA, but the posts by furloughees here show that the security we all imagine weíd have by working at one of those also is not a sure thing.

Create your own security with savings and investments, because this is temporary.

Bozo the pilot
05-06-2018, 07:07 AM
Things still happen. I felt pretty secure when people decided to fly planes into buildings. Turns out I wasnít. Felt like I was moving up and then the law was changed to let guys fly until 65. Turns out I wasnít moving up anymore. There is no such thing as security here or any airline, those retirements could be pushed out by an age increase. AI can negate the need for 2 pilots. Hell, you can get sick and lose your medical this afternoon. Job security in aviation doesnít exist. JB certainly isnít as stable and secure as DL, AA, and UA, but the posts by furloughees here show that the security we all imagine weíd have by working at one of those also is not a sure thing.

Create your own security with savings and investments, because this is temporary.
So you agree that there is probably more job security at the legacies. Nothing is iron clad- we realize that.

CFDJC4
05-17-2018, 08:54 PM
You heard it here.

pilotpayne
05-17-2018, 09:21 PM
You heard it here.

What......

CaptCoolHand
05-18-2018, 01:22 AM
What......
Guyana and Panama

hyperboy
05-18-2018, 04:33 AM
[QUOTE=CaptCoolHand;2596644]Guyana and Panama[/QUOT

The Hotbed of The Financial world! Focus city?

N311JB
05-18-2018, 05:03 AM
[QUOTE=CaptCoolHand;2596644]Guyana and Panama[/QUOT

The Hotbed of The Financial world! Focus city?

we have a ton of Inflight from Guyana. Super awesome people but thats about the only redeeming qualities that and Jonestown docs on TV

seekingblue
05-18-2018, 05:19 AM
You heard it here.

when does it become official?

Pilot417
05-18-2018, 06:02 AM
Isnít London supposed to be the next announcement?

Softpayman
05-18-2018, 07:27 AM
I had my fingers crossed for Lafayette Louisiana, Beaumont TX, and Fayetteville AK. Why donít we go to the flyover cities dammit?!!!!

windrider
05-18-2018, 04:04 PM
Meanwhile I sat on the gate for more than an hour with passengers while waiting for catering. Everything is great in the crystal palace. We are a fn joke

Bozo the pilot
05-18-2018, 04:51 PM
Meanwhile I sat on the gate for more than an hour with passengers while waiting for catering. Everything is great in the crystal palace. We are a fn joke

This is funny and B6 typical.

N311JB
05-18-2018, 05:11 PM
This is funny and B6 typical.

They got me 3x this week with 2hr waits.

Bozo the pilot
05-18-2018, 05:42 PM
They got me 3x this week with 2hr waits.

And I hear they're tellin you to board and wait with pax eh?
Poor FAs havin to babysit pax.:rolleyes:

N311JB
05-18-2018, 08:40 PM
And I hear they're tellin you to board and wait with pax eh?
Poor FAs havin to babysit pax.:rolleyes:

Yeah quality leading edge nutuering the captains authority

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1