Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training pay

TimesInfinity
04-27-2018, 08:47 PM
Well I read old threads for an hour with no luck. Anyone know what new hire training pay is like? Can you jumpseat while in training?

Psycho18th
04-27-2018, 09:27 PM
$69.34 times the monthly guarantee.

slimothy
04-28-2018, 03:33 AM
Well I read old threads for an hour with no luck. Anyone know what new hire training pay is like? Can you jumpseat while in training?

We’re actually required to jumpseat at least 4 times during training.

flensr
04-28-2018, 01:40 PM

Depending on date of hire relative to pay dates, benefits options, and tax elections, you could see anywhere from $2200-$2800 take-home per paycheck during training.

New hires are in CASS and KCM within a week or two of showing up so jumpseat is an option shortly after class starts. Like slimothy already said, there are 4 mandatory JS observation rides required before sim training starts so there shouldn't be any delays.

slimothy
04-29-2018, 06:06 AM
My class started on the 27th. Our paychecks on the 5th were ~$2300, an advance of 47.5 TFP for the following month, on the 20th we were all shocked by paychecks ~$900, which was payment on the 4 days of the previous month. Not complaining about it, but it is something I wish I had realized was going to happen. If you start late in the month, your second paycheck is going to be very light.

Lotsof Blue
04-29-2018, 07:11 AM
Does Health ins. and contributions to retirement start from day one?

Warhawg01
04-29-2018, 07:27 AM
Yes. Or however many days it takes to get your family members into the system, which isn’t very long.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1