Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : D2 Imputed Income or D3

Inop2
04-29-2018, 06:09 PM
....received an email from the company about airline travel inputted income taxes. Daughter just turned 23. Anybody familiar with the process?

Throwitaway
04-30-2018, 05:08 AM
....received an email from the company about airline travel inputted income taxes. Daughter just turned 23. Anybody familiar with the process?

Every year she has what is called a Birthday, which in fact happens to occur on the same calendar date every year. Her age will always increase by a factor of 1, in sequential order, until she hits 40, at which time every year after she will somehow continue to stay at 40. Section 6 in your ex wife's argument manual will have ALL of the specifics on this and many other processes you may have missed over a long and fruitful airline career.

I sincerely hope this helps...

Jamesthunder
04-30-2018, 05:43 AM
Every year she has what is called a Birthday, which in fact happens to occur on the same calendar date every year. Her age will always increase by a factor of 1, in sequential order, until she hits 40, at which time every year after she will somehow continue to stay at 40. Section 6 in your ex wife's argument manual will have ALL of the specifics on this and many other processes you may have missed over a long and fruitful airline career.

I sincerely hope this helps...

I'd like to point out that all women are different, my wife stopped ageing at 27. Results may vary.

NoValueAviator
04-30-2018, 06:05 AM
Basically they add either cost or minimum price of your tickets for all non-rev activity in the taxable year to your taxable income. Not sure which. So you’re still paying taxes on it, just not upfront. Don’t forget to dump 5.5k in the IRA if it pops you into a higher tax bracket.

Oh yeah, and say happy birthday to your daughter for me.

Vne469
04-30-2018, 07:44 PM
Just booked a domestic non-rev D2P trip for my parents. I had to pay $60 in taxes and fees??? I thought domestic was supposed to be free?

Jamesthunder
04-30-2018, 09:10 PM
Not D2Ps.

Filler.

Vne469
05-01-2018, 08:42 AM
Not D2Ps.

Filler.

Those freeloaders! Feeding and housing me for 18 years now I gotta pay their taxes and fees for weekend trips!

bigtime209
05-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Those freeloaders! Feeding and housing me for 18 years now I gotta pay their taxes and fees for weekend trips!

Pay it yourself if you'd like, but just in case you were unaware, there is an option to use their credit card to cover the fees when booking the flights in the travel planner.

Vne469
05-02-2018, 04:01 PM
Pay it yourself if you'd like, but just in case you were unaware, there is an option to use their credit card to cover the fees when booking the flights in the travel planner.

Ah nice thanks, she’s lucky mothers day is coming up, otherwise theyd be going via Greyhound