Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Brain bags?

hubbs
04-29-2018, 08:26 PM
What do you guys that go out for 14+ days at a time use to carry your tablets, kindles, misc junk?

I am looking at a Contrail EFB bag, as well as a 5.11 Tactical briefcase, and also a basic back pack.

RyeMex
04-30-2018, 03:48 AM
I use the Contrail FL390, about which I have nothing but positive things to say. It looks like now they only sell a new version (FL390P). I don't know what the differences may be, but I don't suppose that it'd be anything significant enough to change my opinion about it.

742Dash
04-30-2018, 04:22 AM
What do you guys that go out for 14+ days at a time use to carry your tablets, kindles, misc junk?

I am looking at a Contrail EFB bag, as well as a 5.11 Tactical briefcase, and also a basic back pack.

I have worked with the traditional flight bag, a Contrail bag, a large camera bag (lots of protection for the electronics) and a backpack.

IMO it depends on your travel/commute situation. Is your bag going into the back on a smaller RJ? Do you have long walks in large terminals? And of course it needs to fit in the cockpit.

Anything works once you are in your seat at work; it is the getting there that drives this decision. And in that regard we are all in different situations.

MotorCuck
04-30-2018, 09:23 AM
I just ditched my 5.11 for a brightline. I got the B7 Swift and so far no complaints. Very customizable.

hubbs
04-30-2018, 06:43 PM
I have worked with the traditional flight bag, a Contrail bag, a large camera bag (lots of protection for the electronics) and a backpack.

IMO it depends on your travel/commute situation. Is your bag going into the back on a smaller RJ? Do you have long walks in large terminals? And of course it needs to fit in the cockpit.

Anything works once you are in your seat at work; it is the getting there that drives this decision. And in that regard we are all in different situations.

I'm in training for the 777, so I honestly don't really know what will work and what won't for that cockpit.

I won't have to deal with RJs all that often, I may have long terminal hikes, often without my suitcase which will be checked.

742Dash
05-01-2018, 03:23 AM
I'm in training for the 777, so I honestly don't really know what will work and what won't for that cockpit.

I won't have to deal with RJs all that often, I may have long terminal hikes, often without my suitcase which will be checked.

Then, if it were me, I would look for something with wheels.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1