Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Corporate war on unions

tom11011
05-01-2018, 06:47 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-01/airline-pilots-may-be-next-in-the-corporate-war-on-unions?cmpId=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

rickair7777
05-01-2018, 07:20 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-01/airline-pilots-may-be-next-in-the-corporate-war-on-unions?cmpId=yhoo.headline&yptr=yahoo&ref=yfp

It's noteworthy but bloomberg is showing gross lack of SA by speculating that this could have any bearing on "airlines". Apples and Oranges.

Qotsaautopilot
05-01-2018, 09:50 AM
Fact is that non-union employees doing the same jobs as union employees make much less in pay and benefits on average. How’s that for a “family” environment? Work for less.

Somehow this simple fact gets left out of the general conversation about evil unions. What’s the percentage of Americans that are “employees”? For whatever reason the majority of Americans actually think they would be worse off if they were unionized. I know the America that I always wanted to live in was where every family had to have two parents working paycheck to paycheck with no parents at home, and zero retirement savings so the rest of the population has to pay for mounting social problems and an aging population with no savings and the next generation not able to afford to pay for them either.

PowderFinger
05-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Fact is that non-union employees doing the same jobs as union employees make much less in pay and benefits on average. How’s that for a “family” environment? Work for less.

Somehow this simple fact gets left out of the general conversation about evil unions. What’s the percentage of Americans that are “employees”? For whatever reason the majority of Americans actually think they would be worse off if they were unionized. I know the America that I always wanted to live in was where every family had to have two parents working paycheck to paycheck with no parents at home, and zero retirement savings so the rest of the population has to pay for mounting social problems and an aging population with no savings and the next generation not able to afford to pay for them either.

Yeah ... You pretty much nailed the 'Right to Work' (Right to Fire for any reason without cause) state that I live in. :eek:

Nacho Libre
05-01-2018, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=PowderFinger;2584018]Yeah ... You pretty much nailed the 'Right to Work' (Right to Fire for any reason without cause) state that I live in. :eek:[/QUO

Exactly what happened in my state

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1