Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATI hiring -signing bonus-

midnightshuttle
05-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Its about to open

School house is saying second year over-ride or signing bonus to be offered! Stay tuned

Get a type and some dough and go!

Jurassic Jet
05-01-2018, 07:09 AM
What about Prime Air bag tags?

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 07:11 AM
Its about to open

School house is saying second year over-ride or signing bonus to be offered! Stay tuned

Do they not have enough applicants?

gumpscheck
05-01-2018, 07:37 AM
Do they not have enough applicants?

Joe Hete is having deep pockets. Maybe ABX should ask for more money since now they are one of the lowest paid at the CVG ramp.

#SHOW THEM THE MONEY JOE

Mooneyguy
05-01-2018, 09:23 AM
Its about to open

Maybe they should just call an applicant who also has an internal rec...

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 09:33 AM
Maybe they should just call an applicant who also has an internal rec...

You're waiting too eh?

nitefr8dog
05-01-2018, 09:42 AM
Its about to open

What does that tell you? Just signed a new contract....signing bonus or over-ride just to get bodies on the property!!!

motorclutch
05-01-2018, 10:06 AM
But according to Joe....heís got plenty of resumes, no problem with getting pilots! It kills me that thes financial wonders actually believe his diatribe. He said it, so it must be so!

Industry Strnd
05-01-2018, 10:47 AM
What does that tell you? Just signed a new contract....signing bonus or over-ride just to get bodies on the property!!!

And ALPA is dumb enough to allow it without getting something for everyone else # weakest MEC

Industry Strnd
05-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Second thought there probably is no bonus but they're at the job fair and maybe will try to mislead people into thinking there might be! Real airlines don't have offer 1 time bonuses to attract pilots. They just give them a good contract with industry pay, retirement and good quality of life. ACMI can't offer that!

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Second thought there probably is no bonus but they're at the job fair and maybe will try to mislead people into thinking there might be! Real airlines don't have offer 1 time bonuses to attract pilots. They just give them a good contract with industry pay, retirement and good quality of life. ACMI can't offer that!

This butthurt is starting to get old. Aren't you an ACMI pilot? If ACMI can't offer you what you want, then why aren't you at a legacy by now?

From where I'm sitting ACMI (ATI included) spanks every regional out there in the total compensation package. Sure it might not be an ultimate destination, but it's not a bad rung to grab on the way up. Frankly I don't know why ATI would need to even offer a signing bonus since their 1st year pay is significantly above ACMI competitors like Atlas.

A few of you on here seem to be super bitter that you aren't getting paid UPS/Fedex/Delta rates, and that ATI settled for something less even though you don't work there. So why aren't you at UPS or another legacy that pays you what you are worth? Vote with your ass and leave if you are that miserable.

Wayst
05-01-2018, 06:45 PM
This butthurt is starting to get old. Aren't you an ACMI pilot? If ACMI can't offer you what you want, then why aren't you at a legacy by now?

From where I'm sitting ACMI (ATI included) spanks every regional out there in the total compensation package. Sure it might not be an ultimate destination, but it's not a bad rung to grab on the way up. Frankly I don't know why ATI would need to even offer a signing bonus since their 1st year pay is significantly above ACMI competitors like Atlas.

A few of you on here seem to be super bitter that you aren't getting paid UPS/Fedex/Delta rates, and that ATI settled for something less even though you don't work there. So why aren't you at UPS or another legacy that pays you what you are worth? Vote with your ass and leave if you are that miserable.

^^^^^^. What he said.

I want to read these threads to actual gain knowledge about each company and what is the latest. All I see is a bunch of bitter pilots. It is not our fault you canít get hired on by Fedex or a Legacy because you didnít go to college, failed checkrides or have a DUI on your record. Try and better your resume instead of spending everyday on a blog getting your jollies from bashing other pilots.

Twister5527
05-01-2018, 06:49 PM
^^^^^^doesnít get it^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 06:55 PM
^^^^^^. What he said.

I want to read these threads to actual gain knowledge about each company and what is the latest. All I see is a bunch of bitter pilots. It is not our fault you canít get hired on by Fedex or a Legacy because you didnít go to college, failed checkrides or have a DUI on your record. Try and better your resume instead of spending everyday on a blog getting your jollies from bashing other pilots.

110%. I've got 11 months till my bachelors degree. I just picked up Check Airman, and work harder than anyone I know. I'm enjoying my career, and looking to advance as well. I hate these negative asshats. If you hate your industry so much, leave and take your misery/venom somewhere else. There's a bunch of us young pups who can do your job just as well as you, but with much better attitudes just waiting to replace you.

Post all the "scab airline" BS you want, I'm unimpressed. I'm sure I speak for a lot of lurkers here.

goinaround
05-01-2018, 07:09 PM
110%. I've got 11 months till my bachelors degree. I just picked up Check Airman, and work harder than anyone I know. I'm enjoying my career, and looking to advance as well. I hate these negative asshats. If you hate your industry so much, leave and take your misery/venom somewhere else. There's a bunch of us young pups who can do your job just as well as you, but with much better attitudes just waiting to replace you.

Post all the "scab airline" BS you want, I'm unimpressed. I'm sure I speak for a lot of lurkers here.

There's a lot of former military evaluator pilots with stellar records and masters degrees running around the ACMI ranks as well. But thanks for advocating turning ACMI into a stepping stone in your career. These management teams surely do appreciate you.

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
There's a lot of former military evaluator pilots with stellar records and masters degrees running around the ACMI ranks as well. But thanks for advocating turning ACMI into a stepping stone in your career. These management teams surely do appreciate you.

I'll assume that "stepping stone" isn't a dirty word in this context. Or maybe it is. APC is hard to read in that regard. I'm not as lofty as a military evaluator pilot, but I can tell you stories about being on the ground calling in you guys to save our ass. I spent a few harrowing years kicking doors as an infantryman at the behest of our government, and now the same motivation that guided me to kick in a possibly boobytrapped door with a haj holding a PRK behind it summons me to attack this new career.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't give two squarts of **** if you were a military evaluator pilot, at least if that's what still makes you feel superior to everyone else. If the shoe fits wear it. I tried AROTC, and my eyes didn't let me get a flight slot. Life is what it is. You aren't superior for a second.

I earned my rank.

goinaround
05-01-2018, 07:32 PM
I'll assume that "stepping stone" isn't a dirty word in this context. Or maybe it is. APC is hard to read in that regard. I'm not as lofty as a military evaluator pilot, but I can tell you stories about being on the ground calling in you guys to save our ass. I spent a few harrowing years kicking doors as an infantryman at the behest of our government, and now the same motivation that guided me to kick in a possibly boobytrapped door with a haj holding a PRK behind it summons me to attack this new career.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't give two squarts of **** if you were a military evaluator pilot, at least if that's what still makes you feel superior to everyone else. If the shoe fits wear it. I tried AROTC, and my eyes didn't let me get a flight slot. Life is what it is. You aren't superior for a second.

I earned my rank.

I think you kinda missed my point there fella.

LRSRanger
05-01-2018, 07:45 PM
But thanks for advocating turning ACMI into a stepping stone in your career. These management teams surely do appreciate you.

Sorry if I took this wrong. Seemed like my assertation that ACMI might be a stepping stone in my career rankled your feathers. If that's not the case then disregard. I actually had great admiration for military aviators. But thinking they were superior in any regard? Never.

goinaround
05-01-2018, 07:52 PM
Sorry if I took this wrong. Seemed like my assertation that ACMI might be a stepping stone in my career rankled your feathers. If that's not the case then disregard. I actually had great admiration for military aviators. But thinking they were superior in any regard? Never.

The insinuation above was that ACMI pilots could not get a real job because of no degree, failed check rides, DUI, etc and therefore justifying ACMI as a lower tier career option. I used the military experience example to counter this ridiculous mindset. Forget I mentioned it. I'll leave you to your job search.

woog315
05-01-2018, 10:29 PM

I earned my rank.

This has got to be a joke... Peole donít like ATI because their union leadership is actively undermining the entire ACMI space to get a few more planes and their pilots are a bunch of pushover losers who wonít stand up for themselves. Itís got nothing to do with Ďnot being fedexí, itís what they are doing to an otherwise ok industry - I am not an ACMI hater, I just recognize that ATIís union is essentially run by management and the pilot group refuses to do anything about it (and in fact encourages it) and itís bad for everyone... competitors and otherwise. Donít go to ATI dude- go anywhere else where you can have the respect of your peers and respect for yourself.

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 03:28 AM
This has got to be a joke... Peole donít like ATI because their union leadership is actively undermining the entire ACMI space to get a few more planes and their pilots are a bunch of pushover losers who wonít stand up for themselves. Itís got nothing to do with Ďnot being fedexí, itís what they are doing to an otherwise ok industry - I am not an ACMI hater, I just recognize that ATIís union is essentially run by management and the pilot group refuses to do anything about it (and in fact encourages it) and itís bad for everyone... competitors and otherwise. Donít go to ATI dude- go anywhere else where you can have the respect of your peers and respect for yourself.

I probably got a little carried away, but the point is that there's a lot hate spewed on here about ATI when in fact they are near the top of the ACMI heap now. They are certainly better than all the regionals. I'll go wherever offers the best life for me and my family, and if ATI calls before Omni or Kalitta, then I won't let the APC crybabies stop me.

ACMI can be a career destination, or a stop along the way. There's people that make a career of flying feeder freight in a caravan, and whether they are military evaluator pilots or high school dropouts it makes no real difference. It doesn't here either. I'm sure it ticks some of you off that your career destination is considered a stepping stone to some people, but it is what it is.

mpflyboy1
05-02-2018, 06:01 AM
but the point is that there's a lot hate spewed on here about ATI when in fact they are near the top of the ACMI heap now.

Wow. This really must be a joke or you are either management or don't know what you're talking about.

I've been there/done that and just talked to a friend about a week ago who's been there for over 20 years. Setting aside the crappy contract (which he was upset about), he has never been more worried for the safety of their operations (one young inexperienced captain almost running out of gas is only one of many incidents). He also told me they are in trouble with the FAA for a lot of shoddy practices, including the recent incident where they were caught by the FAA changing logbook times after the fact to make the trip "legal." I don't know the full extent of whats going on over there but it certainly doesn't sound good or that they are at the "top of the heap."

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 06:17 AM
Wow. This really must be a joke or you are either management or don't know what you're talking about.

I've been there/done that and just talked to a friend about a week ago who's been there for over 20 years. Setting aside the crappy contract (which he was upset about), he has never been more worried for the safety of their operations (one young inexperienced captain almost running out of gas is only one of many incidents). He also told me they are in trouble with the FAA for a lot of shoddy practices, including the recent incident where they were caught by the FAA changing logbook times after the fact to make the trip "legal." I don't know the full extent of whats going on over there but it certainly doesn't sound good or that they are at the "top of the heap."

All of that is news to me. But I could mention almost any ACMI and haters would come out of the woodwork to say what a crappy place it is. Running out of gas and falsifying records is bad, but reflects on the pilots involved just as much as the operator.

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 06:24 AM

I donít work there (yet, hopefully) but I have read most of the new contract, not just the highlights. Granted, Iím no expert at airline contracts, but it doesnít look bad to me at all. Within 5 years on property you are making over 200 grand, and only working half the month. The one thing lacking is retirement, true, but if you are making 200 grand and canít be bothered to save anything for your own retirement then thatís to your own discredit. Is it Legacy, no, but you could retire from there a very wealthy person if you took a little personal responsibility. Itís lightyears ahead of a regional, and beats a lot of the other ACMI operators.

motorclutch
05-02-2018, 06:29 AM
Yep you are clueless. JV and management would love to have more of you stellar individuals on the property. Just wondering your views of crossing a picket line? Sounds like perfect SCAB material.

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 06:47 AM
Yep you are clueless. JV and management would love to have more of you stellar individuals on the property. Just wondering your views of crossing a picket line? Sounds like perfect SCAB material.

I would not ever cross a picket line. Us mil guys are typically a pretty loyal bunch. While those ATI guys who crossed the line should get the SCAB label, you are trying to paint every ATI pilot and even prospective employees with that brush, which is absurd. Your so bitter and spiteful you don’t even see how ridiculous you sound.

Do me a favor and PM me where you work, and I’ll make sure I never apply there. I can’t imagine flying a rotation with you and not slitting my own wrists by day 9.

Cujo665
05-02-2018, 06:48 AM

Itís all about themselves..... never about defending the profession, never about a rising tide lifting all boats.... itís just about themselves.

Cujo665
05-02-2018, 06:55 AM
I probably got a little carried away, but the point is that there's a lot hate spewed on here about ATI when in fact they are near the top of the ACMI heap now. They are certainly better than all the regionals. I'll go wherever offers the best life for me and my family, and if ATI calls before Omni or Kalitta, then I won't let the APC crybabies stop me.

ACMI can be a career destination, or a stop along the way. There's people that make a career of flying feeder freight in a caravan, and whether they are military evaluator pilots or high school dropouts it makes no real difference. It doesn't here either. I'm sure it ticks some of you off that your career destination is considered a stepping stone to some people, but it is what it is.

No piloting job should ever be treated as a stepping stone job. THAT is exactly what managements want you to think so youíll accept less. You may internally think that based upon you personal career goals, but you never ever ever publicly say it, or in any other way validate that management has convinced youíre worth less since itís just a stepping stone. Youíre a unions worst nightmare.
Youíve got a lot to learn little padawan....

Whitesnake
05-02-2018, 06:55 AM
I don’t work there (yet, hopefully) but I have read most of the new contract, not just the highlights. Granted, I’m no expert at airline contracts, but it doesn’t look bad to me at all. Within 5 years on property you are making over 200 grand, and only working half the month. The one thing lacking is retirement, true, but if you are making 200 grand and can’t be bothered to save anything for your own retirement then that’s to your own discredit. Is it Legacy, no, but you could retire from there a very wealthy person if you took a little personal responsibility. It’s lightyears ahead of a regional, and beats a lot of the other ACMI operators.

Good God R-Ranger!
I see that someone has already dialed YOU in!
Why don’t you consider taking
“a little personal responsibility” yourself and remember this quote as you work towards becoming a “very wealthy person”:
“It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt.”

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 06:59 AM

I earned my rank.

Iíll eat crow on this one, I violated my own rule about drinking beer and social media. Apologies for flying into left field and acting like an ass. What I failed to articulate is that people stop at every rung of the career. I know an ex F16 IP who is flying a caravan. I could care less if you are a high school dropout, or a C17 driver with a doctorate degree. Youíve got no right to be disgruntled if someone views your career destination as a place to springboard them to THEIR personal career destination. Not a single one of us can throw that stone, as we have all built experience at a job where someone else is going to stay, be it flight instruction, a regional, or cargo.

gumpscheck
05-02-2018, 08:48 AM
I donít work there (yet, hopefully) but I have read most of the new contract, not just the highlights. Granted, Iím no expert at airline contracts, but it doesnít look bad to me at all. Within 5 years on property you are making over 200 grand, and only working half the month. The one thing lacking is retirement, true, but if you are making 200 grand and canít be bothered to save anything for your own retirement then thatís to your own discredit. Is it Legacy, no, but you could retire from there a very wealthy person if you took a little personal responsibility. Itís lightyears ahead of a regional, and beats a lot of the other ACMI operators.

ATI operates B767s not C172s. ATI should compensate accordingly.

While the pay might be enticing in five years, you should look at the total compensation package. Pay is only one part of it. Retirement Compensation is another piece of it. Vacation Days that fall on Scheduled Days Off is another. Schedule Protection is also of importance.

Those who are considering working at ATI should be very careful. While the rest of the industry is on a hiring spree at the moment, things can change at any time. People might think that working in a company like ATI will be temporary but could find themselves stuck in such a bad place for the rest of their careers. Make sure to look at everything and not just at the opinion of an inexperienced rookie still wet behind the ears.

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 09:58 AM
ATI operates B767s not C172s. ATI should compensate accordingly.

While the pay might be enticing in five years, you should look at the total compensation package. Pay is only one part of it. Retirement Compensation is another piece of it. Vacation Days that fall on Scheduled Days Off is another. Schedule Protection is also of importance.

Those who are considering working at ATI should be very careful. While the rest of the industry is on a hiring spree at the moment, things can change at any time. People might think that working in a company like ATI will be temporary but could find themselves stuck in such a bad place for the rest of their careers. Make sure to look at everything and not just at the opinion of an inexperienced rookie still wet behind the ears.

I don't think anyone is seriously going to turn down a legacy for ATI. You put out your apps and take the best thing you can get at any point in time. ATI could definitely offer more, but fact is it doesn't. It does offer more than many of the other carriers that hire people with less than legacy qualifications.

Since you naysayers seem to be the wise, all knowing sages of aviation, where would you advise someone to go who is overqualified for a regional, but underqualified for a legacy? Make sure the total compensation package is better than ATI, which shouldn't be hard, since you hate them so much. Please enlighten this inexperienced rookie.

motorclutch
05-02-2018, 10:33 AM
Iíve got this......by your statement of being over qualified/under under qualified you donít seem to understand that the EMPLOYER makes that determination not you. All you have to do is sell it. Additionally, fogging a mirror seems to be the minimum standards these days......you have a chance!

goinaround
05-02-2018, 10:36 AM
I don't think anyone is seriously going to turn down a legacy for ATI. You put out your apps and take the best thing you can get at any point in time. ATI could definitely offer more, but fact is it doesn't. It does offer more than many of the other carriers that hire people with less than legacy qualifications.

Since you naysayers seem to be the wise, all knowing sages of aviation, where would you advise someone to go who is overqualified for a regional, but underqualified for a legacy? Make sure the total compensation package is better than ATI, which shouldn't be hard, since you hate them so much. Please enlighten this inexperienced rookie.

Didn't you say you are a check airman at your regional? That is highly prized experience by any major. By the time you have that BS degree done you'd be super competitive anywhere. Don't sell yourself short now.......

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Didn't you say you are a check airman at your regional? That is highly prized experience by any major. By the time you have that BS degree done you'd be super competitive anywhere. Don't sell yourself short now.......

135 check airman. I have my apps out everywhere. I never said ATI is the promised land, but since the majors haven't been breaking down my door I would happily take a job at ATI. Not too thrilled by a 6 figure paycut going to the regionals, but if I have to I will. I fly as a day rate contractor and work an average of 25 days a month. I'm always gone from my wife and kids so something has got to change.

The reason I originally poked the beehive is the level of venom displayed by some of the users on this board. It's pathetic and tiring to sift through. I hope some of these people aren't actually as miserable in their real lives as they are in their APC persona.

redmanchew
05-02-2018, 04:36 PM
Ranger If you think you'll be home all the time there then you are sadly mistaken bud. And if you think you'll make 200k after 5 years then someone needs to bring you a calculator.

LRSRanger
05-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Ranger If you think you'll be home all the time there then you are sadly mistaken bud. And if you think you'll make 200k after 5 years then someone needs to bring you a calculator.

I guess I do stand corrected there. Did some math and you will hit 200k in year 9, at min guarantee every month. Nobody said all the time, but how is it any worse than any other ACMI carrier? Serious question there.

midnightshuttle
05-02-2018, 07:05 PM
What about Prime Air bag tags?

JV is handing them out, ask him !!

727CA
05-04-2018, 06:55 AM
I have my apps out everywhere. the majors haven't been breaking down my door I would happily take a job at ATI.

I don't know what's going on at some Legacy's, Majors, etc...
For example, JetBlue is starting an academy and hiring non-pilots with ZERO flight time and training them to be JetBlue pilots. Some airlines are reducing schedules and parking aircraft due to lack of crews, etc.

I would think any Legacy or Major would snatch you up in a heartbeat, especially since there's a "pilot shortage"

Lovemesomboobs
05-04-2018, 07:32 AM
Your telling me that they are having problem getting new hires with that great comtract they just signed?🤪

gptjjbmj
05-04-2018, 11:01 AM
135 check airman. I have my apps out everywhere. I never said ATI is the promised land, but since the majors haven't been breaking down my door I would happily take a job at ATI. Not too thrilled by a 6 figure paycut going to the regionals, but if I have to I will. I fly as a day rate contractor and work an average of 25 days a month. I'm always gone from my wife and kids so something has got to change.

The reason I originally poked the beehive is the level of venom displayed by some of the users on this board. It's pathetic and tiring to sift through. I hope some of these people aren't actually as miserable in their real lives as they are in their APC persona.

Don't waste your breathe arguing with these guys. There are half a dozen or so ABX guys that hijack every thread having to do with ATI. PM me if you need any real information.

Reactivity
05-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I would think any Legacy or Major would snatch you up in a heartbeat, especially since there's a "pilot shortage"

This is a myth. Regionals are taking just about anyone who can fog a mirror. And majors are hiring in significant numbers. But it's not as simple as throwing an application at them and waiting for a class date. There are lots of us out there with good experience and clean records whose phones do not ring. It seems to be especially true for pilots like the OP who do not have significant part 121 backgrounds.

Airline HR types have convinced themselves that 121 experience is somehow significant, even though in my experience, 121 flying is the easiest work I've ever done.

atpcliff
05-05-2018, 05:20 PM

In my opinion, with current contracts, this is the ACMI ranking:

Kalitta
Omni

ABX/Atlas

Miami Air/Western Global

ATI

Southern (hired through Atlas...don't do it...tell them you want an Atlas class date and wait if you have to).

The are quite a few aviation organizations hiring that are better than ATI (for most pilots). A few outside of ACMI that come to mind are Mountain Air Cargo, Northern Air Cargo, Raven (ANC)...

dynap09
05-23-2018, 09:26 AM
In my opinion, with current contracts, this is the ACMI ranking:

Kalitta
Omni

ABX/Atlas

Miami Air/Western Global

ATI

Southern (hired through Atlas...don't do it...tell them you want an Atlas class date and wait if you have to).

The are quite a few aviation organizations hiring that are better than ATI (for most pilots). A few outside of ACMI that come to mind are Mountain Air Cargo, Northern Air Cargo, Raven (ANC)...

What's crazy on these boards is how guys have such a different view of things... I'm learning there is no real arguing about it - it's all opinions, but if you get an offer from Atlas I would not put an ABX offer next to it - are people really turning down Atlas to work ABX? Is ABX really up next to Kalitta / Omni?

gumpscheck
05-23-2018, 11:41 AM
What's crazy on these boards is how guys have such a different view of things... I'm learning there is no real arguing about it - it's all opinions, but if you get an offer from Atlas I would not put an ABX offer next to it - are people really turning down Atlas to work ABX? Is ABX really up next to Kalitta / Omni?

ABX is not up next to anything. It is a dying company. Plus the ABX management prefers to turn down work instead of adding any airplanes to its fleet.

Kougarok
05-23-2018, 07:02 PM
ABX is not up next to anything. It is a dying company. Plus the ABX management prefers to turn down work instead of adding any airplanes to its fleet.

I think if I was coming off the street I would rather work at ATI than ABX.

nitefr8dog
05-24-2018, 08:27 AM
I think if I was coming off the street I would rather work at ATI than ABX.
They both suck!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1