Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2

cj3guy
05-02-2018, 08:34 PM
http://www.aerocrewnews.com/aviation-news/aviator-bulletins/southwest-airlines-invites-you-to-our-pilot-career-expo/

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-03-2018, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the update. Dont see it on credentials yet, but glad its coming. I was just gonna upgrade my internet to the fastest possible speed to get a slot!! This will work out much better...

Mox Nix
05-03-2018, 12:06 PM
So May 7 at 08:00 (Central Time I assume) is when 5000 people crash the servers trying to be first in line! :eek: :D

penaltybox
05-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Am I reading this right? Sounds like tickets will be awarded via a lottery?

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-03-2018, 02:04 PM
I hope it's based on your app/resume, that's what I thought. I thought it was to get away from the battle for fast internet and mouse clicks

SrfNFly227
05-07-2018, 05:06 AM
Well that was a painless registration.

erikwowens
05-07-2018, 06:10 AM
Well that was a painless registration.

How did you register. All I have is an eventbrite page asking for a password..???

TapRack
05-07-2018, 06:33 AM
How did you register. All I have is an eventbrite page asking for a password..???
Read a little further on that Aerocrew link. The instructions are there.

penaltybox
05-07-2018, 06:34 AM

Click the link above. It has all the info.

PotatoChip
05-07-2018, 06:56 AM
I hope it's based on your app/resume, that's what I thought. I thought it was to get away from the battle for fast internet and mouse clicks

Doesnít appear to be so. Just put your name down and hope for the best. There were zero vetting questions. Hope I get it, but I just donít understand the point of allowing essentially anyone to go if they donít even meet the mins, let alone be competitive.

Oh well. Fingers are still crossed.

emersonbiguns
05-07-2018, 07:29 AM
Doesnít appear to be so. Just put your name down and hope for the best. There were zero vetting questions. Hope I get it, but I just donít understand the point of allowing essentially anyone to go if they donít even meet the mins, let alone be competitive.

I would suspect that they cross link interest expressed by the Eventbrite registration with their apps that are on file. It appears to be a growing method of "prescreening" numerous applicants without actually costing the company $ for travel and other expenses for a formal interview. Quick and easy to eliminate the obvious outliers in the application process.

Rocker
05-07-2018, 10:07 AM
Agreed on the quick and painless registration...07:59:58, screen refresh, IN!

HwkrPlt
05-07-2018, 10:25 AM
I wish they had asked for some sort of vetting, what is to prevent there from being 300 Indian kids with 100 hours getting tickets?

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-07-2018, 10:26 AM

I assumed they are pulling/comparing hopefuls based on who applied to the last window... it's an assumption, maybe someone knows for sure.. I doubt it's a lotto, though.

PotatoChip
05-07-2018, 11:08 AM
I assumed they are pulling/comparing hopefuls based on who applied to the last window... it's an assumption, maybe someone knows for sure.. I doubt it's a lotto, though.

How? Just based on the name and phone number? Email address? The registration didnít even require you to have a pilot credentials account. Nor does it ask you to cross reference it. If it is based on email, I used a different email for this than I have for my pilot credentials, hopefully that doesnít automatically disqualify me from going.

Also, I donít see what is to prevent people from submitting multiple registration a tamps using different email addresses. Hopefully people arenít doing that, but it certainly seems possible.

Tbpilot06
05-07-2018, 11:27 AM
How? Just based on the name and phone number? Email address? The registration didnít even require you to have a pilot credentials account. Nor does it ask you to cross reference it. If it is based on email, I used a different email for this than I have for my pilot credentials, hopefully that doesnít automatically disqualify me from going.

Also, I donít see what is to prevent people from submitting multiple registration a tamps using different email addresses. Hopefully people arenít doing that, but it certainly seems possible.
Another inconsistency from the hiring department. Put a great deal of emphasis on something that you donít even need to be qualified to attend?

Pinseekr9
05-07-2018, 11:54 AM

I had an email from the support department to sign-up for the event. Based on that, I would assume that it would be wise to sign up with the email from your application profile.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-07-2018, 12:30 PM

Good point. I guess I just figured... window first... then email those who applied to the window the info about this event... but yeah you raise some questions therrr.

A lotto doesnt make sense though, why go through the hassle? That's essentially what it was before already

SEAtoSummit
05-07-2018, 02:49 PM

I don't think it would be too difficult to sort all the registrants by last name to find duplicates. The instructions clearly say "please register only once". Anyone who would disregard that and register multiple times risks exhibiting a failure to follow simple directions, or worse, a lack of integrity.

Smooth at FL450
05-07-2018, 06:47 PM

Why would you use a different email than what is tied to your profile? Wouldn't it be a good idea to be consistent?

PotatoChip
05-07-2018, 07:02 PM
I don't think it would be too difficult to sort all the registrants by last name to find duplicates. The instructions clearly say "please register only once". Anyone who would disregard that and register multiple times risks exhibiting a failure to follow simple directions, or worse, a lack of integrity.

Right, because I’m sure there couldn’t be two Mike Smith’s... I get your point, but still think it seemed too possible.

PotatoChip
05-07-2018, 07:05 PM
Why would you use a different email than what is tied to your profile? Wouldn't it be a good idea to be consistent?

Brain fart when signing up. I used my computerís auto-fill for the email address which is different than the one I use for SWA. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Skyward
05-08-2018, 08:29 PM
I used a different email on my SW app than I did on pilotcredentials, and a recruiter told me that's probably why I didn't get a call for years. I synced both to the same email address and got an interview invite soon after. I donít know how it relates to the expo, but using the same email address is vitaly important to link the company app to pilot credentials.

Smooth at FL450
05-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Brain fart when signing up. I used my computerís auto-fill for the email address which is different than the one I use for SWA. Oh well, fingers crossed.

Bummer. Did the form you just submitted ask for any other unique information like DOB or address? Hopefully email is just 1 piece of info used to identify a candidate in the event there are multiple applicants with the same name.

05-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Whether they vette out candidates before they send out invites or not, they only way they could do that at this point would be to align your registration email with a pilot credentials profile email. I can't imagine that they would send an invite out to a random email that they received through this process without knowing who that person is.

Sailingbill
05-14-2018, 07:50 AM
Is there any advice on how to prepare for this expo? I have never been to a job/company specific meet... Obviously updated pilot credentials/resume..

speedvan
05-14-2018, 09:48 AM
Has anyone received an actual invite to this event yet?

SrfNFly227
05-14-2018, 11:04 AM
Has anyone received an actual invite to this event yet?

I would assume they havenít sent any out yet since registration ends today.

JetDoc
05-14-2018, 12:05 PM
I would assume they havenít sent any out yet since registration ends today.

And the fact that right on the sign up page it states that invites would go out starting on the 21st of May.

SrfNFly227
05-14-2018, 12:12 PM
And the fact that right on the sign up page it states that invites would go out starting on the 21st of May.

It actually says ďNo later than May 21Ē

PotatoChip
05-14-2018, 03:48 PM

Might want to re-read that before you start stating ďfactsĒ at people.

JetDoc
05-14-2018, 08:35 PM
Might want to re-read that before you start stating ďfactsĒ at people.

Yep, misread it. Thanks for the correction.

GlassBird
05-15-2018, 05:02 AM
Is there any advice on how to prepare for this expo? I have never been to a job/company specific meet... Obviously updated pilot credentials/resume..

Well, I was one of the lucky (read: the wife had super fast internet at work- hopefully now thatís not an issue) few to go to this last fall. It didnít result in an interview, but oh well. Iím still glad I went.

I donít really have much advice, but I will say donít waste your time on interview prep. Obviously this isnít an interview, but I did go to a seminar before the event last year, only to show up and have the SW people state explicitly, ďWe DO NOT like interview prep, we can spot all the tells of which service you used.Ē

Just show up in your suit, be honest, be yourself, and donít be nervous. These people are friendly and they want you there. Bring a printed copy of your PC profile and a resume or two- if you have business cards take them for the networking possibilities.

Also, donít wear shorts... maybe some fun socks, but no shorts...

drivinghome
05-15-2018, 07:00 AM
Anyone else have a mini heart attack thinking they got an invite to the June 16 event? It was just an email confirming my interest. Still a good sign that I wonít be missing any emails from them.

finhunter89
05-15-2018, 07:08 AM
Anyone else have a mini heart attack thinking they got an invite to the June 16 event? It was just an email confirming my interest. Still a good sign that I wonít be missing any emails from them.

I absolutely did! And it came as I was talking to a current SWA pilot about the event

SrfNFly227
05-15-2018, 07:15 AM

Ha. I just got it as well. I found it interesting that the email says they will be randomly selecting who gets tickets. Guess that means they wonít be selecting based on qualifications.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-15-2018, 07:59 AM
Ha. I just got it as well. I found it interesting that the email says they will be randomly selecting who gets tickets. Guess that means they wonít be selecting based on qualifications.

Wow, didn't see that coming. What was the point of all that? Might as well have done it the same way as last fall. Oh well.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-15-2018, 08:01 AM
Am I reading this right? Sounds like tickets will be awarded via a lottery?

Ha, guess you and PotatoChip were right.

Ronin47
05-16-2018, 08:49 AM
Anyone receive their Expo tickets yet? Email said "Official Expo tickets will be sent out via email no later than May 21 to those selected to attend." Seeing as the 21st is a Monday I am assuming no tickets would be sent over the previous weekend. That leaves this Friday the 18th may more than likely be the cuttoff? Thoughts?

J1180
05-16-2018, 05:01 PM
Anyone receive their Expo tickets yet? Email said "Official Expo tickets will be sent out via email no later than May 21 to those selected to attend." Seeing as the 21st is a Monday I am assuming no tickets would be sent over the previous weekend. That leaves this Friday the 18th may more than likely be the cuttoff? Thoughts?

I've heard nada.

Wonka214
05-17-2018, 04:44 AM

Nothing yet! Maybe they are going to take a look at the ones that get drawn out and compare them to PC to make sure they at least meet the mins.

trfreier
05-18-2018, 07:15 AM
Any word for the career fair?

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 07:41 AM
Any word for the career fair?

Nothing here.

Ronin47
05-18-2018, 08:18 AM
Nothing here.

I guess all 400 tickets will be given out at once on the 21st eh? Is that how this silly game works now? Anyone have the number for that "Truck Driving school"? This aviation merry go round is getting old.

ZapBrannigan
05-18-2018, 08:36 AM
I guess all 400 tickets will be given out at once on the 21st eh? Is that how this silly game works now? Anyone have the number for that "Truck Driving school"? This aviation merry go round is getting old.

Lol... really? What number airline are YOU on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Lol... really? What number airline are YOU on?

I’m on number five. And I agree, this does admittedly seem silly. I’m very hopeful to get an invite, but let’s be serious, a random drawing with no vetting or qualifications required to enter? Maybe I’m missing something?

I’m glad there are in-house expos/fairs now, but it does make it even more difficult to talk to a recruiter.

armypilot
05-18-2018, 09:09 AM
Can everyone calm down! The tickets will be sent out NLT the 21st. We all still have a few more days to wait.

And as for the selection process, I highly doubt it’s a truly random selection. They’re taking a little bit of time with this which leads me to believe that at a minimum they’re either look at PilotCredentials or at least screening our resumes. I know the verbiage of the email said.

Let’s all just calm down and let the process play out how it will. And don’t get me wrong, I want this invite more than anything else I can think of. The whining is just getting old.

Good luck to everyone.

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 09:14 AM
Can everyone calm down! The tickets will be sent out NLT the 21st. We all still have a few more days to wait.

And as for the selection process, I highly doubt itís a truly random selection. Theyíre taking a little bit of time with this which leads me to believe that at a minimum theyíre either look at PilotCredentials or at least screening our resumes. I know the verbiage of the email said.

Letís all just calm down and let the process play out how it will. And donít get me wrong, I want this invite more than anything else I can think of. The whining is just getting old.

Good luck to everyone.

I wasnít whining. Nor do I need to be told to ďcalm downĒ, but thank you for your concern. I simply stated it seemed silly. Thatís like, you know, just my opinion, man.

And like I said, I could be missing something. However, I can read and follow instructions, and so far, Iím lead to believe itís random.

TRBoss
05-18-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm sure they are going to screen all the profiles then select at random from the list they have compiled.

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 09:27 AM
I'm sure they are going to screen all the profiles then select at random from the list they have compiled.

How?
No info was given to couple the info. With the FedEx expo you were required to add your PilotCredntials profile number.

JetDoc
05-18-2018, 09:55 AM

And as for the selection process, I highly doubt itís a truly random selection. Theyíre taking a little bit of time with this which leads me to believe that at a minimum theyíre either look at PilotCredentials or at least screening our resumes. I know the verbiage of the email said.

Letís all just calm down and let the process play out how it will. And donít get me wrong, I want this invite more than anything else I can think of. The whining is just getting old.

Good luck to everyone.

Just curious, how long have been in the grind? Some here have be in the suck for the better part of a decade. Good pilots and even better people watching some real head scratchers get hired while they themselves are jumping through an never ending series of flaming hoops like some sort of trained circus animal. I for one can understand the frustration.

TRBoss
05-18-2018, 10:21 AM
How?
No info was given to couple the info. With the FedEx expo you were required to add your PilotCredntials profile number.

cross reference the names on the application to those on pilot credentials? no idea really but i do agree with what army said earlier that its a long time between when the window closed and the selection happens.

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 10:27 AM
cross reference the names on the application to those on pilot credentials? no idea really but i do agree with what army said earlier that its a long time between when the window closed and the selection happens.

With literally thousands of applicants Iím sure there will be more than one Mike Smith.

slough
05-18-2018, 10:34 AM
With literally thousands of applicants Iím sure there will be more than one Mike Smith.

Email for each pilot credentials account is unique.

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Well, after all this talk, check your emails, invites are going out. Good luck to all. Keeping fingers crossed.

Wonka214
05-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Well, after all this talk, check your emails, invites are going out. Good luck to all. Keeping fingers crossed.

Have you heard of guys getting the email yet?

GlassBird
05-18-2018, 12:29 PM

Just to clarify, youíre saying you got the invite email?

Wonka214
05-18-2018, 01:51 PM
Has anyone heard of anybody getting an invite yet?

Ronin47
05-18-2018, 01:52 PM
Just curious, how long have been in the grind? Some here have be in the suck for the better part of a decade. Good pilots and even better people watching some real head scratchers get hired while they themselves are jumping through an never ending series of flaming hoops like some sort of trained circus animal. I for one can understand the frustration.

I agree. Interviewed with SWA in 09. Been patiently updating and applying since. 11,000hrs, 8,000 jet, 10 Types. Chief pilot, Instructor, blah, blah blah. Still young, (40s), healthy and clean spotless career. Not bitter at all, been fun. Just curious how this whole selection process works. Its a rubics cube for sure.

speedr190
05-18-2018, 01:53 PM
Got mine and I didn't even know there was an expo coming up!! Thanks for the LUV!!!! Can't wait for June 16th!!

TRBoss
05-18-2018, 02:06 PM
Got mine and I didn't even know there was an expo coming up!! Thanks for the LUV!!!! Can't wait for June 16th!!

Youíre the first Iíve heard of. Congrats, be sure to post what happens there.

speedr190
05-18-2018, 02:08 PM
Youíre the first Iíve heard of. Congrats, be sure to post what happens there.

Thanks and will do!!

PotatoChip
05-18-2018, 02:19 PM

Wait, are you saying you didnít even register for a spot??
Wow, this keeps getting more confusing. Congrats! Maybe theyíre hand selecting certain folks. Now I have no idea! Haha.

pilot124
05-18-2018, 02:31 PM
I got the invite this afternoon. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the facility. This is not an interview but more of a meet and greet expo. This may or may not lead to an actual interview but I am excited to receive an invite. I was always intrigued by the LUV culture. I hope to meet some of you guys there. Good luck everyone.

Aviatormar
05-18-2018, 02:52 PM
I got the invite this afternoon. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing the facility. This is not an interview but more of a meet and greet expo. This may or may not lead to an actual interview but I am excited to receive an invite. I was always intrigued by the LUV culture. I hope to meet some of you guys there. Good luck everyone.

Iím assuming it came as an email? From swa or Eventbrite? Thanks and congrats.

pilot124
05-18-2018, 03:18 PM
I’m assuming it came as an email? From swa or Eventbrite? Thanks and congrats.

The email came from pilot career events. Once you receive the email it asks you to verify that you can make it and pick the time that you would like to attend. After your selection, Pilot career events will email you a confirmation. Good luck to everyone.

Pilotjc12
05-18-2018, 03:51 PM
wonder if all 400 invitations have been sent out already....

SrfNFly227
05-18-2018, 05:18 PM
For those of you that received invitations, could you please post what time the email was sent? Curious if they all went out at once or if theyíre working their way through a list.

speedr190
05-18-2018, 11:55 PM
Wait, are you saying you didnít even register for a spot??
Wow, this keeps getting more confusing. Congrats! Maybe theyíre hand selecting certain folks. Now I have no idea! Haha.

YES!And Thanks! Thats exactly what I'm saying. Woke up yesterday morning, checked my email and BAM!! There was an invite to the meet and greet. I thought someone was messing with me, but nope. Went to the website included in the email and I registered for June 16th afternoon session. Blown away actually!!

speedr190
05-18-2018, 11:58 PM
For those of you that received invitations, could you please post what time the email was sent? Curious if they all went out at once or if theyíre working their way through a list.

Got mine at 1319 eastern. Email was from wnco.com.

TRBoss
05-19-2018, 02:12 AM

Wnco is southwest. I used to work there as a flight attendant manager.

TRBoss
05-19-2018, 07:04 AM

wnco is from southwest. I used to work there as a flight attendant manager.

Wonka214
05-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Iím guessing they have all went out. I have talked to a few people that received the invite email yesterday!

Wonka214
05-19-2018, 08:37 AM
I heard the emails were sent out on Friday. Have no idea how the selection process went this time around though!

at6d
05-19-2018, 12:22 PM
Thatís the main SWA domain. Employees have same.

J1180
05-20-2018, 11:05 AM
I didn't get anything. My friend did but he doesn't have the day off to go so he had to decline. I'm sure they'll send out more soon to fill the slots guys didn't accept.

Uptair
05-20-2018, 05:30 PM
Advice to those going to the expo. Treat this like an interview, if you have a ticket, a 4 year degree, and meet the minimums, you will get an interview if you donít make a bad impression. Wear a suit, do not wear a flag tie, be overly excited and friendly to everyone you encounter, and make sure your SWA profile is current and know your passwords. I went to the expo a little over a year ago and am almost off probation at this truly amazing company! Good luck!

Ronin47
05-20-2018, 05:52 PM
Advice to those going to the expo. Treat this like an interview, if you have a ticket, a 4 year degree, and meet the minimums, you will get an interview if you donít make a bad impression. Wear a suit, do not wear a flag tie, be overly excited and friendly to everyone you encounter, and make sure your SWA profile is current and know your passwords. I went to the expo a little over a year ago and am almost off probation at this truly amazing company! Good luck!

Congrats! Glad to hear that story.

mdall
05-20-2018, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the info! That's exactly what I was looking for. How long did it take from the expo to the interview? Also, with 200 people in each session, how do they fit in any 1 on 1 time?

Uptair
05-20-2018, 07:32 PM
I got the invite 2-3 weeks after the expo. Last April they divided the 200 people into 3 groups. For me, 1st was one on one with a member of the hiring team. MAKE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH THE ADMIN PEOPLE TO GET CREDIT FOR GOING TO THE JOB FAIR!!!! (My buddy didnít do this and he didnít get an interview for 6 mons) They will be at a table with laptops most likely. 2nd toured the building and ops etc. 3rd question and answer with hiring big wigs. SWA is looking for 3 things, education, experience, and leadership.

speedr190
05-21-2018, 08:22 AM
I got the invite 2-3 weeks after the expo. Last April they divided the 200 people into 3 groups. For me, 1st was one on one with a member of the hiring team. MAKE SURE TO CHECK IN WITH THE ADMIN PEOPLE TO GET CREDIT FOR GOING TO THE JOB FAIR!!!! (My buddy didnít do this and he didnít get an interview for 6 mons) They will be at a table with laptops most likely. 2nd toured the building and ops etc. 3rd question and answer with hiring big wigs. SWA is looking for 3 things, education, experience, and leadership.

Thanks for the intel!!!! Was wondering how seniority is ranked in class, DOB or SS? And what are the junior bases currently? Thanks again!!!

Warhawg01
05-21-2018, 08:52 AM
DOB. It changes throughout the year a bit, but OAK, BWI and MDW are where the majority of new hires get sent. Last year they ended up in every base but ATL. A new hire could hold any base except ATL in just a few months. ATL a bit more than a year and trending down.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-21-2018, 10:58 AM
So... it's the 21st... anybody else get the invite? I didn't.. potatochip?

deltajuliet
05-21-2018, 11:32 AM
No joy. Maybe next time.

MartyMoose
05-21-2018, 11:32 AM
...Crickets

J1180
05-21-2018, 12:05 PM
Dollar shave club sent me some jokes. Otherwise no joy.

ThreeGreens
05-21-2018, 02:43 PM
Zilch. Next time.:D

BlueSkies117
05-21-2018, 03:02 PM
Nothing here either. Given the dearth of invites reported here, maybe most invites haven't gone out.

speed50
05-21-2018, 03:30 PM
Theres still hope. Just received one!!!!!!

GlassBird
05-21-2018, 03:40 PM
Theres still hope. Just received one!!!!!!

What was the time stamp on the email? I got nothiní.

speed50
05-21-2018, 03:42 PM
5:10 PM Central

PotatoChip
05-21-2018, 04:28 PM

Yes! Feel extremely fortunate. Received it Friday. Canít wait for the opportunity, I missed out on the previous two. Hopefully see some of you there.

SrfNFly227
05-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Nothing for me.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-21-2018, 05:19 PM
Yes! Feel extremely fortunate. Received it Friday. Canít wait for the opportunity, I missed out on the previous two. Hopefully see some of you there.

Congrats man, that's awesome!

mdall
05-22-2018, 03:42 AM
Thank you for all the info Uptair!

Is offline
05-22-2018, 06:45 AM
I got the invitation yesterday at 5:15 central so maybe they are still filling slots. Good luck to all..

JetDoc
05-22-2018, 07:33 AM

#igotnothing

at6d
05-22-2018, 07:50 AM
Be sure to check your email spam filter.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-22-2018, 09:12 AM

Nothing there either, but apparently it's a good time to roll over your 401k into gold.

Sigh... next time. At least WN interviews outside the job fair circuit. I'm still low time anyway compared to the typical NH. Happy for you guys that got it, you'll do great

JetDoc
05-22-2018, 09:28 AM

Nothing but an ad from Torgoen offering me a free strap with any purchase, so I got that goin for me.

speedr190
05-22-2018, 11:09 AM

Congrats Chip!!! I'll see ya there!!

btodd77
05-22-2018, 11:11 AM
Where are y'all staying for the Expo??

cj3guy
05-22-2018, 12:34 PM
Received mine on Friday, May 18th at 11:06am.

Can't attend this one, but when I used their automated system to reply that I could not attend, it emailed me back saying their system was having issues and to reply to the email I received.

I did, and told them I was registered to attend OBAP in August. A live person replied and said they were looking forward to seeing me at OBAP.

Hoping for an interview after OBAP!

Jim

bingo17
05-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Thank all for the intel...to those who received invites, would you mind sharing your availability date? Curious to see how far out they are looking.

speedr190
05-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Where are y'all staying for the Expo??

Good question! I'm coming the day of if I get the afternoon slot and don't know where I am staying. I'm up for suggestions. If anyone wants to chime in.

PotatoChip
05-22-2018, 02:16 PM
Thank all for the intel...to those who received invites, would you mind sharing your availability date? Curious to see how far out they are looking.

Two week notice.

speed50
05-22-2018, 04:38 PM
Availible June 15th.

Squallrider
05-23-2018, 04:52 AM
Good question! I'm coming the day of if I get the afternoon slot and don't know where I am staying. I'm up for suggestions. If anyone wants to chime in.

Most crews stay at the doubletree by DAL

Tbpilot06
05-23-2018, 06:04 AM
Availible June 15th.

Happy for those who were selected in this random lottery. This surprises me that basically a lottery is how one gets a leg up to get an interview or not disregarding skills, experience and accomplishments.

RjsSuck
05-23-2018, 06:43 AM
Happy for those who were selected in this random lottery. This surprises me that basically a lottery is how one gets a leg up to get an interview or not disregarding skills, experience and accomplishments.

I am not so sure this is random...

Otterbox
05-23-2018, 06:54 AM
I am not so sure this is random...

Word going around is that it isnít so random... those theyíd be willing to offer an interview to provided they pass this pre-screen are getting invites.

If true and you get an invite this is the first step in your interview process. Treat it as such.

Squallrider
05-23-2018, 07:20 AM
Most important question you will be asked is ďwhy southwestĒ, literally everyone that you talk to will ask you this

Tbpilot06
05-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Word going around is that it isnít so random... those theyíd be willing to offer an interview to provided they pass this pre-screen are getting invites.

If true and you get an invite this is the first step in your interview process. Treat it as such.
Makes me feel even better that Iím not qualified to get an invite to a career day. Iím guessing the avg invitee has more than 8k hrs and has also been a DO and Chief pilot with Masters degree. Wow.

PotatoChip
05-23-2018, 08:01 AM
Makes me feel even better that I’m not qualified to get an invite to a career day. I’m guessing the avg invitee has more than 8k hrs and has also been a DO and Chief pilot with Masters degree. Wow.

For a data point, I received an invite and have 7000 hours and a masters degree. I was not, however, a DO/CP/LCP.
I do have a couple thousand hours on a Boeing, and lots of extracurricular community involvement.
Keep at it. I’ve been shouldering my pack down this road for a long time. I’m incredibly honored to get this invite.
Further, I appreciate that SW values experience unlike a certain legacy that continues to hire my FOs...

FlapsOverspeed
05-23-2018, 08:02 AM
Makes me feel even better that Iím not qualified to get an invite to a career day. Iím guessing the avg invitee has more than 8k hrs and has also been a DO and Chief pilot with Masters degree. Wow.

Well yes you are right. Everyone in my class has over 10k and was a checkairman or had some other type of accomplishment.

Pilot145
05-23-2018, 08:09 AM
Just wanted to give those guys some hope that didn't get an invite to the expo....a friend of mine just applied in the latest window and also registered for the expo. He did not receive an invite to the expo on Monday, but received an interview invite on Tuesday!

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-23-2018, 08:44 AM

Wow is right. I hope it wasnt truly random, personally. At least I know where I stand, I thought 3500tt/1000tpic and a masters was enough for a job fair lol. I doubt I'll ever make it to 8000k and still be at my regional, well, I better not be haha. I definitely want swa but obviously ain't gonna pass up other snack baskets

armypilot
05-23-2018, 12:59 PM
For a data point, I received an invite and have 7000 hours and a masters degree. I was not, however, a DO/CP/LCP.
I do have a couple thousand hours on a Boeing, and lots of extracurricular community involvement.
Keep at it. I’ve been shouldering my pack down this road for a long time. I’m incredibly honored to get this invite.
Further, I appreciate that SW values experience unlike a certain legacy that continues to hire my FOs...
For those of us not in the know, which regional FO pipeline is feeding which legacy?

Also, I know a guy who who was an RTP candidate at Envoy, currently flies for a smaller independent regional, has 1000 hrs total fixed wing time, and got an invite to the fair.

Based on some of the guys who said they got an invite without a Pilot Credebtials profile and without a Southwest app on file, plus this other gentleman I know, I feel I need to swallow my own words about what I said previously of the attendees being vetted. I’m personally convinced it was pretty random.

TapRack
05-23-2018, 02:46 PM
Anyone just get an email saying all tickets dispersed and consider yourself on the standby list?

speed50
05-23-2018, 02:48 PM
Yes. I wonder if that email is sent to everyone who had expressed interest during the sign up block now that the session is complete.

harrier1231
05-23-2018, 02:49 PM
Anyone just get an email saying all tickets dispersed and consider yourself on the standby list?

I did. And I also received an invite so I'm very confused right now. I did reply asking for clarification. Hopefully that doesn't make anyone angry :-) I'm always so sensitive about saying the wrong thing. Getting that invite absolutely made my month! I hope it's still true.

PotatoChip
05-23-2018, 02:51 PM
For those of us not in the know, which regional FO pipeline is feeding which legacy?

In April alone, eight FOs left my current regional for Delta. About 10/month is a good average, and thatís just my regional.

Pilotski
05-23-2018, 02:57 PM

Yeah, just got one here.

emersonbiguns
05-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Just got a notification of "standby" status with possible notification up until the 11th.

mdall
05-23-2018, 03:13 PM

I got the invite and now the standby email. I still havenít been told which session Iíve been invited to yet though. While writing this response, I received another email saying how confusing the last email...the standby email may have been. All this has definitely proven to me that I really want to get on with SWA!

Bestshooter
05-23-2018, 03:22 PM
I got one too ... on the standby list too 😢

G150driver
05-23-2018, 03:32 PM
I got one too ... on the standby list too 😢

Ditto. Keep your head up! Itís all we can do.

Slim6890
05-23-2018, 03:47 PM
Just received the same email for the standby list. Good luck to everyone!

MoreOrLess
05-23-2018, 06:45 PM

I grabbed a room at the Doubletree...$130 per night. 1 mile from DAL. Good luck to everyone moving forward!

GlassBird
05-23-2018, 07:03 PM
I did. And I also received an invite so I'm very confused right now. I did reply asking for clarification. Hopefully that doesn't make anyone angry :-) I'm always so sensitive about saying the wrong thing. Getting that invite absolutely made my month! I hope it's still true.

Harrier- I got the same thing, the ďsorry, youíre on the standby listĒ email time stamped 17:32 Central, but also an official ticket invitation at 17:24! Also, the ticket invitation opens with ďHi there, CraigĒ... and my name is definitely not even close to Craig. I sure hope this isnít a screw up.

Does yours have the correct name at the top? And did you get the invite before the ďstandbyĒ?

Thanks to all for the info. I hope to meet some of you soon.

opas76
05-23-2018, 07:20 PM
Harrier- I got the same thing, the ďsorry, youíre on the standby listĒ email time stamped 17:32 Central, but also an official ticket invitation at 17:24! Also, the ticket invitation opens with ďHi there, CraigĒ... and my name is definitely not even close to Craig. I sure hope this isnít a screw up.

Does yours have the correct name at the top? And did you get the invite before the ďstandbyĒ?

Thanks to all for the info. I hope to meet some of you soon.

Same thing here, although mine said "Hi there, Ryan." Very strange.

Looking forward to June 16th!!!

GlassBird
05-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Same thing here, although mine said "Hi there, Ryan." Very strange.

Looking forward to June 16th!!!

Very odd. Iím feeling better about it now though, because they got my name right on the ďThanks for letting us that know youíll be able to make itĒ email that just came in.

Ronin47
05-23-2018, 07:35 PM
Got the Expo invite today, Wed at 15:35PST, two days after the deadline. Weird, but I'll take it.

WHACKMASTER
05-24-2018, 01:35 AM
I grabbed a room at the Doubletree...$130 per night. 1 mile from DAL. Good luck to everyone moving forward!

If itís the Doubletree Love Field, just a heads up.....the hotel is packed with SWA people so act accordingly.

Tbpilot06
05-24-2018, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE=WHACKMASTER;2601151]If itís the Doubletree Love Field, just a heads up.....the hotel is packed with SWA people so act accordingly.[/

Deleted

Highflyer35
05-24-2018, 04:12 AM
I got an official invite on Monday, but I never signed up for the event. I just donít get why they would have a whole invite registration window if they still send them to people that havenít signed up? However, although I didnít plan on signing up to go, now that I got one Iím definitely going to check it out.

3000tt, 737 type, 0 PIC turbine

JetDoc
05-24-2018, 10:45 AM
I got an official invite on Monday, but I never signed up for the event. I just don’t get why they would have a whole invite registration window if they still send them to people that haven’t signed up? However, although I didn’t plan on signing up to go, now that I got one I’m definitely going to check it out.

3000tt, 737 type, 0 PIC turbine

Because it wasn't random. They knew exactly who the were going to send invites out to. I have 5000 TT, 2000 121 TPIC and got the "stand by list" email which I believe was sent out to everyone who didn't get an invite and apparently to some who did just to try and make us back away from the ledge. We don't like you enough right now but if some of the people we do like cant make it, well now you're good enough. What a freakin joke all of this has turned into.

Tbpilot06
05-24-2018, 11:42 AM
Because it wasn't random. They knew exactly who the were going to send invites out to. I have 5000 TT, 2000 121 TPIC and got the "stand by list" email which I believe was sent out to everyone who didn't get an invite and apparently to some who did just to try and make us back away from the ledge. We don't like you enough right now but if some of the people we do like cant make it, well now you're good enough. What a freakin joke all of this has turned into.

Second the joke comment. What a great job the hiring department is doing with this.

WHACKMASTER
05-24-2018, 03:36 PM
I feel sorry for you poor ****s that are trying to jump through the hoop and the hoop is being moved all over the place.

at6d
05-24-2018, 04:45 PM
If itís the Doubletree Love Field, just a heads up.....the hotel is packed with SWA people so act accordingly.

ďBeer for you, and a beer for you, and a beer for you, and a beer for you.....Ē

Bobby
05-24-2018, 05:57 PM
ďBeer for you, and a beer for you, and a beer for you, and a beer for you.....Ē

Great networking opportunity! Bring your bar game strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PotatoChip
05-24-2018, 06:26 PM
Great networking opportunity! Bring your bar game strong.

Iíve been training for this for years.

hotbwayjoel
05-26-2018, 04:07 PM
Can anyone confirm that they sent out that "standby lost notification" to everyone that didn't get an invite?

Or can I sort of feel good within myself that I got the standby list email?

Wonka214
05-26-2018, 08:25 PM
Can anyone confirm that they sent out that "standby lost notification" to everyone that didn't get an invite?

I received the same email. I think everyone received the same email that did not get the invite!

J1180
05-27-2018, 04:42 AM

Everyone I know who didnít get the invite got the standby email. Itís like a participation trophy 🏆

Highflyer35
05-27-2018, 07:00 AM
How much do these job fairs help one get an interview opportunity?

Peacock
05-27-2018, 08:17 AM
Depends on whether you show up in shorts

emersonbiguns
05-27-2018, 06:12 PM
I was told to wear a Speedo and stuff a potato in them.

However, I'm not sure whether the potato goes in the front or the back.:confused:

Sqwk7700
05-27-2018, 07:49 PM

Quite a bit.

btodd77
05-28-2018, 08:24 AM
To those going....are you bringing logbooks as well??

Pilot1227
05-28-2018, 12:42 PM

May 18 1:30pm

GlassBird
05-28-2018, 01:51 PM
To those going....are you bringing logbooks as well??

I know I didnít bring mine last year, but maybe you shouldnít take my advice since I didnít get an interview...

I seem to remember they sent out an email with instructions that specifically stated not to bring logbooks, but maybe my memory is manufacturing that one.

I donít think itís necessary to have them, but if you can fit them in a small briefcase and only pull them out if needed, why not?

SCMW
05-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Can you please share how you listed your extracurricular activities?
I only see on pilot credentials ďpilot questionnaire ď#32 ask for additional info about your flying career or work experience ď are you listing on your resume?
Thanks

PotatoChip
05-28-2018, 06:12 PM
Can you please share how you listed your extracurricular activities?
I only see on pilot credentials ďpilot questionnaire ď#32 ask for additional info about your flying career or work experience ď are you listing on your resume?
Thanks

I listed legitimate volunteer positions in my employment. These were not one day clean up events etc, rather long term volunteer positions.

Other items are either on my resume or something I look forward to sharing in person.

SCMW
05-28-2018, 07:14 PM
I listed legitimate volunteer positions in my employment. These were not one day clean up events etc, rather long term volunteer positions.

Other items are either on my resume or something I look forward to sharing in person.

Understand, thank you

GlassBird
05-30-2018, 12:48 PM
Has anyone received confirmation saying whether you will be in the morning or afternoon session? The email I got said ďWe'll communicate your session (Morning or Afternoon) to you very soon, as well as additional details about the event.Ē That was a week ago today. Iím just wondering if yíall are in the same boat.

opas76
05-30-2018, 01:31 PM
Has anyone received confirmation saying whether you will be in the morning or afternoon session? The email I got said ďWe'll communicate your session (Morning or Afternoon) to you very soon, as well as additional details about the event.Ē That was a week ago today. Iím just wondering if yíall are in the same boat.

Nothing yet...

at6d
05-30-2018, 03:22 PM

I spoke with a higher up on a leg today. He said the invites for the event were sent to the most qualified applicants that signed up.

Also, if you are qualified but never get an invite to interview, make sure that EVERY BOX on the credentials site has been answered. Leave nothing blank.

WarMachine
05-30-2018, 04:25 PM

I have been wondering about this as well. I received an email stating:

(We wanted to get in touch to let you know that you are registered to attend the expo on June 16th. We had an email go out from Eventbrite that may have caused some confusion and wanted to confirm that we are looking forward to welcoming you to Dallas and are excited to get to know you!)

(We will be sending out official tickets with session information within the next week once all registrations have been confirmed.)

Has anyone received an actual official ticket stating the time slot they received for this event? Perhaps I am just being impatient as it has only been 7 days since this email was sent.

GlassBird
05-31-2018, 04:41 AM
I spoke with a higher up on a leg today. He said the invites for the event were sent to the most qualified applicants that signed up.

Also, if you are qualified but never get an invite to interview, make sure that EVERY BOX on the credentials site has been answered. Leave nothing blank.

Thanks for that info. I sure wish we could all figure out what most qualified means, so we could work toward it instead of randomly happening to meet it!
I know I, for one, would not count myself among the ďmost qualifiedĒ (not among the least either, mind you... I definitely meet all the requirements), but maybe I sell myself short, or place too much emphasis on flight time numbers.
Just to fact check this a bit, is there anyone on here who WAS invited but DOESNíT meet one of the hiring requirements? Or maybe had a low GPA, doesnít have 1,000 TPIC, no community involvement listed, has fewer than 3,000 total hours, etc.? If so, please post. Donít be afraid to raise your hand.

Hereís my reasons for wondering why Iíd be among the ďmost qualifiedĒ:
1,100-1,200 TPIC
Zero 121 experience

Highflyer35
05-31-2018, 05:30 AM
Thanks for that info. I sure wish we could all figure out what most qualified means, so we could work toward it instead of randomly happening to meet it!
I know I, for one, would not count myself among the ďmost qualifiedĒ (not among the least either, mind you... I definitely meet all the requirements), but maybe I sell myself short, or place too much emphasis on flight time numbers.
Just to fact check this a bit, is there anyone on here who WAS invited but DOESNíT meet one of the hiring requirements? Or maybe had a low GPA, doesnít have 1,000 TPIC, no community involvement listed, has fewer than 3,000 total hours, etc.? If so, please post. Donít be afraid to raise your hand.

Hereís my reasons for wondering why Iíd be among the ďmost qualifiedĒ:
1,100-1,200 TPIC
Zero 121 experience

Iím right at 3000 TT, 3 years 121 experience, 0 TPIC, 737 type. Got the job fair invite and didnít even sign up for the job fair.

speed50
05-31-2018, 06:56 AM
2600 tt
1500+ pic
No 121 all mil
Masters and all quals

Lotsof Blue
05-31-2018, 07:00 AM
12kTT, 4 years 121, 2500JPIC, Bachelors/3.7 GPA, union volunteer. Experience in Jets/Turboprops/pistons. current frac captain. Previous interview, no expo, or re-invite. One of the pros said I'm very competitive; however, still on the sideline.

Guessing I'm FUBAR for some reason. I'd love to solve the mystery and figure out what I can do to improve.

PotatoChip
05-31-2018, 07:12 AM
7k total
<1000tpic (but not zero)
Boeing experience
13 years 121
International experience
Big aviation school for undergrad >3.0
Masters 4.0
Significant volunteer work
Applied to every window I could, including this job fair.

Smooth at FL450
05-31-2018, 07:27 AM
12kTT, 4 years 121, 2500JPIC, Bachelors/3.7 GPA, union volunteer. Experience in Jets/Turboprops/pistons. current frac captain. Previous interview, no expo, or re-invite. One of the pros said I'm very competitive; however, still on the sideline.

Guessing I'm FUBAR for some reason. I'd love to solve the mystery and figure out what I can do to improve.

If you've previously interviewed, they are looking at your profile to see what you've done since the last interview. If you're the same person with the same qualifications, then it's likely they will just move on. Time to add some new quals to your profile.

GlassBird
05-31-2018, 07:29 AM
Thanks to all.

Yeah, I am a bit confused about the guys who didnít sign up but got an invite anyway... maybe they all know somebody? I know a guy who got in last year after the deadline, but itís because he knew folks in charge. He got an interview and got hired, too.

Iím also confused about the 8,000+ hr. guys on here who didnít get in. There have only been a few cases of both situations (seemingly qualified with no invite, seemingly uqualified with an invite) posted on here- so maybe what weíve seen are the outlying cases? Who knows.

Iíd really like to know if anybody that is just flat out unqualified got in. Like doesnít even have a commercial certificate, or is a 300 hour CFI (Iím not knocking you 300 hour CFIís out there, I was one a few years ago and I did a great job! Nobody get offended!). That would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that itís random. As it now stands, I still think they may have had some kind of logic, even though they claimed random at first.

Maybe I should just quit wondering and posting, and go fly an airplane...

Smooth at FL450
05-31-2018, 08:05 AM
Iíd really like to know if anybody that is just flat out unqualified got in. Like doesnít even have a commercial certificate, or is a 300 hour CFI (Iím not knocking you 300 hour CFIís out there, I was one a few years ago and I did a great job! Nobody get offended!). That would prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that itís random. As it now stands, I still think they may have had some kind of logic, even though they claimed random at first.

This was the whole point of the new system of sending out invites vs just opening up a window to the masses.

Tbpilot06
05-31-2018, 08:20 AM
This was the whole point of the new system of sending out invites vs just opening up a window to the masses.
True except that people that didnít express an interest got invites. I know it seems to offend some people but I donít think airlines in general are very good at trying to find good applicants. Good applicant apply and are hired for sure but they seem to be missing out on some great people on paper. Like Potato Chip, I had a GPA greater than 3 for undergrad and a 4.0 for my MBA, 8000k hrs , 5 business jet type ratings, former DO and Chief Pilot (both 135) and current Safety Manager for my corporate department. Would seem at least qualified for an interview at any airline but canít get the chance. Guessing itís not meant for me and Iím fine with that. Just frustrating to see that people donít even know what makes them competitive because everything is a mystery. Take Southwest as an example. Iíve applied to every window for 2 years and some say closed complete and some say received submission ( last 2 and one from 2016). Canít they even get that process consistent?

armypilot
05-31-2018, 08:39 AM

I don't believe this at all. Either he wasn't truly informed on how the selections were made, or he's telling a fib.

I know someone who got a job fair invite with 1,200 hrs of Army helicopter time and 1,000 of total fixed wing time. Only about 300 of which is 121.

Tbpilot06
05-31-2018, 08:53 AM
I don't believe this at all. Either he wasn't truly informed on how the selections were made, or he's telling a fib.

I know someone who got a job fair invite with 1,200 hrs of Army helicopter time and 1,000 of total fixed wing time. Only about 300 of which is 121.
And thatís not a knock on those qualifications at all, but there are seemingly people with at least equal qualms who didnít get the invite to the expo. It goes beyond me that the company doesnít even tell its own employees what they are looking for and how things work.

GlassBird
05-31-2018, 09:09 AM

But if theyíre randomly selected, as claimed, then no, that was not the point. Not making it first come first serve, and allowing folks to apply over a multi-day window simply takes internet speed and availability at a 15 second timeframe out of the picture.

Maybe, just maybe, this is how it worked:
They took some time to sort out the ridiculously unqualified folks (using email address to find PC profile), and THEN pulled names out of a hat. Throw in a few folks that didnít apply getting their names/emails put in by people they know in the hiring dept., and we can explain most of this.

Except olí PotatoChip... I seem to remember he said he accidentally signed up with an email address different from the one on his PC profile but he DID get an invite...:confused:

PotatoChip
05-31-2018, 09:13 AM
Except ol’ PotatoChip... I seem to remember he said he accidentally signed up with an email address different from the one on his PC profile but he DID get an invite...:confused:

Lol. You’re not wrong.

Although, I did use my “alternate email address”.

at6d
05-31-2018, 09:14 AM

Well, Iím not the one making this up.

Did your buddy get an invite to this most recent one? Because this time it apparently was a different system.

Bestshooter
05-31-2018, 10:19 AM
Close to 8k tt and >2000pic all turbine and all 121 ..no call or meet 😫

armypilot
05-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Well, I’m not the one making this up.

Did your buddy get an invite to this most recent one? Because this time it apparently was a different system.
Yes, this most recent one. And by no means am I saying he made it up, I just don’t think he’s fully informed.

Take account the guy I know and all the ones saying they didn’t put in for the expo and the ones who said they don’t even have a PC profile or app on file. The selection criteria for this expo is baffling.

speedvan
05-31-2018, 10:54 AM
Has anyone who is going to the job fair received confirmation of morning or afternoon session?

at6d
05-31-2018, 11:22 AM
Yes, this most recent one. And by no means am I saying he made it up, I just donít think heís fully informed.

Take account the guy I know and all the ones saying they didnít put in for the expo and the ones who said they donít even have a PC profile or app on file. The selection criteria for this expo is baffling.

How you would get an invite to a fair without any input on oneís part would baffle me as well. How would they have an email to reach out with an invite without any previous efforts?

Tbpilot06
05-31-2018, 11:54 AM
[QUOTE=at6d;2606216]How you would get an invite to a fair without any input on oneís part would baffle me as well. How would they have an email

Deleted

KPHayes
05-31-2018, 12:30 PM
Iím at:
3600tt
3000pic
2200ip

all mil time, applied to last two windows with no luck and no job fair invite. A buddy of mine with more TT but less pic/ip did get an invite to job fair.

The computer scoring thing is frustrating, wish they were like other airlines and allowed current pilots who youíve flown with to give and internal rec to at least get your app pulled. Southwest was my first choice due to domiciles and having the majority of my mil buds working there and loving it. After hoping/waiting 6 months I applied to two other majors yesterday where I know my app will at least be reviewed due to internal recs. I suspect I wonít end up at Southwest, unfortunately. Now if only I could figure out that ILS thing....

PotatoChip
05-31-2018, 12:50 PM
Iím at:
3600tt
3000pic
2200ip

all mil time, applied to last two windows with no luck and no job fair invite. A buddy of mine with more TT but less pic/ip did get an invite to job fair.

The computer scoring thing is frustrating, wish they were like other airlines and allowed current pilots who youíve flown with to give and internal rec to at least get your app pulled. Southwest was my first choice due to domiciles and having the majority of my mil buds working there and loving it. After hoping/waiting 6 months I applied to two other majors yesterday where I know my app will at least be reviewed due to internal recs. I suspect I wonít end up at Southwest, unfortunately. Now if only I could figure out that ILS thing....

Best of luck, but just realize that six months is nothing. Some of us have been applying for a decade.

KPHayes
05-31-2018, 01:06 PM
Best of luck, but just realize that six months is nothing. Some of us have been applying for a decade.

Thanks. I realize there are people more qualified than me that canít get an interview either. 2-3 years ago guys like me were getting picked up pretty quickly, now it seems not so much and know one seems to know how to crack the code of the computer.

ViperGuy69
05-31-2018, 01:55 PM
I have applied during the last two windows, but I specifically did NOT apply to the Expo because my family will be out of the country on vacation.

Today I got the random email invite to the Expo. So now what do I do? I don't want to cancel or skip an expensive family trip we've been planning for 2 years. But I don't want to ruin my chances of getting an interview either.

If I decline, will that ruin my chances for getting an interview, or do they assume that a certain amount of people just won't be available?

Fuseplug
05-31-2018, 02:22 PM
Go on your vacation!!! SWA's hiring practices are capricious at best. Even with the expo under your belt there is no guarantee. Enjoy the time off with your family, then reattack at the next expo if the invite hasn't already come in the meantime.

From a former AD guy - do not give up the family time for a job fair.

at6d
05-31-2018, 03:12 PM
Thanks. I realize there are people more qualified than me that canít get an interview either. 2-3 years ago guys like me were getting picked up pretty quickly, now it seems not so much and know one seems to know how to crack the code of the computer.

The computer and points deal is a very closely guarded secret. Unfortunately, the HR aspect is the controlling factor on this portion.

Just over 2.5 years ago, our civilian new hires in my class almost all had the 737 type plus others, an average of 8000+ TT, the minimum 1000+ TPIC, check airman/Chief/department manager and volunteer stuff.

If you know somebody less qualified that got the invite, maybe you can find out what the difference was?

cj3guy
05-31-2018, 05:00 PM
I also received the invite even thought I didn't sign up for the expo as I couldn't attend.

I replied via the web site that I could not attend, and then received an email stating that their web reply system wasn't working and to reply to that email. I replied via email that I couldn't make it, but was planning on attending the OBAP Career Fair in August.

A real person emailed me back saying they were looking forward to seeing me at OBAP! That was a really nice touch to have someone send me a personal message.

Jim

GlassBird
05-31-2018, 05:53 PM
Has anyone who is going to the job fair received confirmation of morning or afternoon session?

As of yet, no.

(Well, I originally just typed ďNot yetĒ and I got an error message saying my reply had to be more than 10 characters. So much for succinctness...)

Tbpilot06
05-31-2018, 06:28 PM
The computer and points deal is a very closely guarded secret. Unfortunately, the HR aspect is the controlling factor on this portion.

Just over 2.5 years ago, our civilian new hires in my class almost all had the 737 type plus others, an average of 8000+ TT, the minimum 1000+ TPIC, check airman/Chief/department manager and volunteer stuff.

If you know somebody less qualified that got the invite, maybe you can find out what the difference was?

Disturbing when you have 8000k , almost 2k TPIC, past DO and Chief pilot, MBA and 5 type ratings.. apparently still not good enough. Oh well..

Psycho18th
05-31-2018, 07:37 PM
Ive heard of some interview invites going out recently. Maybe you wonít get the job fair invite but will go straight to an interview.

at6d
06-01-2018, 01:51 AM
Disturbing when you have 8000k , almost 2k TPIC, past DO and Chief pilot, MBA and 5 type ratings.. apparently still not good enough. Oh well..

Hmm...and all the boxes are filled on the app, right? Everything uploaded, current, etc?

Makes me wonder how many current apps on file.

Have you thought about a pro review?

Learflyer
06-01-2018, 04:03 AM
Make sure you update fresh medicals, renewed passports, and date of availability. I'm surprised some of you guys above with Masters degrees aren't getting called. They say they want the "big picture." But it seems education is is number one over flight time and other aviation experience today. That goes for all of the majors.

Fr8Thrust
06-01-2018, 04:09 AM
They should only be sending invites to those who put forth the effort to apply AND sign up for the expo (not one or the other), as those are the people who really want the job.

Clearly this is their new strategy at hiring half-effort pilots who wonít leave them for a legacy. At the same time burning those who want WN, and letting the competition get to them first.

Tbpilot06
06-01-2018, 04:28 AM
Make sure you update fresh medicals, renewed passports, and date of availability. I'm surprised some of you guys above with Masters degrees aren't getting called. They say they want the "big picture." But it seems education is is number one over flight time and other aviation experience today. That goes for all of the majors.

I update mine literally after each flight. I completely get the fact that I may not get a job because of an interview but feel more than qualified to get at least an interview. I know people there that were hired with less and I was one if their outside pilot recommendations (I was the DO at the company ). Every box has something in it except literarally the small check boxes that are asking if Iím a military pilot or FE (Iím neither so those are blank and canít be typed into)

Squallrider
06-01-2018, 04:34 AM
I honestly think someone trolling saying they got a invite without applying lol how would they get your email and why would they send it to that person over others that have put in the effort. Sounds like the kids in school that say they didnít study then get 100%

WarMachine
06-01-2018, 06:17 AM
I received this email from pilot hiring on May 23rd in regards to the expo on June 16th:

Good afternoon!

We wanted to get in touch to let you know that you are registered to attend the expo on June 16th. We had an email go out from Eventbrite that may have caused some confusion and wanted to confirm that we are looking forward to welcoming you to Dallas and are excited to get to know you!

We will be sending out official tickets with session information within the next week once all registrations have been confirmed.

Thank you,
Pilot Hiring

Has anyone else received a similar email, and if so have you been awarded a time slot or not?

Peacock
06-01-2018, 06:23 AM
They should only be sending invites to those who put forth the effort to apply AND sign up for the expo (not one or the other), as those are the people who really want the job.

Clearly this is their new strategy at hiring half-effort pilots who wonít leave them for a legacy. At the same time burning those who want WN, and letting the competition get to them first.
Yeah dude. Clearly.

Redan
06-01-2018, 09:39 AM
I received this email from pilot hiring on May 23rd in regards to the expo on June 16th:

Good afternoon!

We wanted to get in touch to let you know that you are registered to attend the expo on June 16th. We had an email go out from Eventbrite that may have caused some confusion and wanted to confirm that we are looking forward to welcoming you to Dallas and are excited to get to know you!

We will be sending out official tickets with session information within the next week once all registrations have been confirmed.

Thank you,
Pilot Hiring

Has anyone else received a similar email, and if so have you been awarded a time slot or not?

I also received this email on the 23rd. Had gotten the strange Eventbrite email they refer to. The email on the 23rd did say to expect the confirmation and session information within a week, but I havenít received any further communication as of today June 1.

at6d
06-01-2018, 10:39 AM
I update mine literally after each flight. I completely get the fact that I may not get a job because of an interview but feel more than qualified to get at least an interview. I know people there that were hired with less and I was one if their outside pilot recommendations (I was the DO at the company ). Every box has something in it except literarally the small check boxes that are asking if Iím a military pilot or FE (Iím neither so those are blank and canít be typed into)

If you havenít gotten the TBNT email, you are in the running for an interview.

Flitestar
06-02-2018, 06:42 AM
Just got the email with my ticket for the job fair, but got the afternoon shift instead of morning shift.

If any of you got the morning shift and rather do the pm shift let me know, maybe we can try to trade.

FS

GlassBird
06-02-2018, 07:36 AM
I just got my ticket at 9:36 central. Iím afternoon- look forward to seeing some of yíall there.

To the ones asking about logbooks, note the ticket plainly spells out that they will not be reviewing logbooks or letters of recommendation, but it does say to bring a resume.

mdall
06-02-2018, 09:16 AM
Hey everyone! I got my invite for the morning session at 10:25 today. Iím really looking forward to the event. See yíall there!

Highflyer35
06-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Is there a forum/page about SWA pilot commuters? If I did go to SWA I would be a commuter again. Currently living in base at another airline. Moving is not an option but I want to see if any SWA commuters have tips or info on how they make it work and what not...if I want to commute or not is the biggest factor affecting my SWA decision.

Iíll be at the PM slot for the job fair!

Flitestar
06-02-2018, 02:37 PM
I second this as a potential commuter myself. ^^^^^^

ZapBrannigan
06-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Is there a forum/page about SWA pilot commuters? If I did go to SWA I would be a commuter again. Currently living in base at another airline. Moving is not an option but I want to see if any SWA commuters have tips or info on how they make it work and what not...if I want to commute or not is the biggest factor affecting my SWA decision.

The biggest factor for me was that I was living in a non-SWA city, so was commuting offline.

The tough part was that there are no (or almost no) commutable lines at SW. Because they are either A.M. or PM trips, you either commute in the night before an AM. Or, much of the time, commute home the morning after a PM.

I commuted to a neighboring large airport and then took light rail to my domicile and grabbed a cheap hotel and later a crash pad.

So even though I had 15 or 16 days off per month on reserve.... I REALLY had about 11 because each week I would have to commute on a day off.

Ultimately after a couple of years on property we moved into a domicile to claim back that lost time. I really miss where I lived before, and if they ever go to commutable lines and Iím senior enough to hold them, we will likely move back.

GlassBird
06-04-2018, 06:27 PM
So even though I had 15 or 16 days off per month on reserve.... I REALLY had about 11 because each week I would have to commute on a day off.
Ultimately after a couple of years on property we moved into a domicile to claim back that lost time.

At this risk of getting this thread completely off topic... How bad was this (about how many real days off) in the timeframe between getting off reserve and moving to domicile? Iíd be commuting for sure.

ZapBrannigan
06-05-2018, 02:34 PM
At this risk of getting this thread completely off topic... How bad was this (about how many real days off) in the timeframe between getting off reserve and moving to domicile? Iíd be commuting for sure.

Lines run between 16-19 days off. If youíre commuting deduct a day a week, understanding that some weeks you might get lucky. Once youíre a line holder you can probably move some trips to where they touch one another, reducing your number of commutes.

deltajuliet
06-05-2018, 02:50 PM

I'm going to pose a crazy hypothetical here, but...

What if everyone just applied to the airline they didn't have to commute to? I know, people want a job, any job. But I've met too many American pilots living in Denver, American pilots living in Atlanta, Delta pilots living in Phoenix, and Southwest pilots living in Minneapolis. Examples may vary, but you get the idea.

It'll never happen, but what if. Commuter numbers would go down and everybody would sure be a lot happier. YMMV.

Highflyer35
06-05-2018, 04:37 PM

What if everyone just applied to the airline they didn't have to commute to? I know, people want a job, any job. But I've met too many American pilots living in Denver, American pilots living in Atlanta, Delta pilots living in Phoenix, and Southwest pilots living in Minneapolis. Examples may vary, but you get the idea.

It'll never happen, but what if. Commuter numbers would go down and everybody would sure be a lot happier. YMMV.

SWA could open a Minneapolis base and solve a lot of peopleís problems. Ha!

PotatoChip
06-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Yeah, and what if airlines stopped opening and closing domiciles and stopped consolidating and declaring bankruptcies??

I mean, itís never happen, but what if?!

Proximity
06-07-2018, 07:30 PM
What if everyone just applied to the airline they didn't have to commute to?

1600+ posts and your asking this?

I'm guessing you're too young to have experienced what went down between 9/11-2013, or a base closing at a major airline.

deltajuliet
06-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Yeah, and what if airlines stopped opening and closing domiciles and stopped consolidating and declaring bankruptcies??
I'm guessing you're too young to have experienced what went down between 9/11-2013, or a base closing at a major airline.
It's true the lost decade did a number on the industry with consolidation, mergers, bankruptcies, base closures, and base downsizings. Even before the 2000's, many once-great airlines went defunct and once-great hubs saw incredible drawdowns. CLE, CVG, MCI, STL, MEM, MKE, and many others are shadows of their former selves.

But in the year 2018, with consolidation essentially complete for the foreseeable future (maybe with minor changes among LCC's), many of the bases are in a less precarious situation than they were 10-40 years ago. It's certainly possible the smallest and/or least financially viable domiciles could see shake-ups (GUM, for example), but if you live in Atlanta, Delta is a safe bet. If you live in Dallas, Southwest or American is a safe bet. If you live in San Francisco, United is a safe bet. That's all my point is.

Is it possible every airline could go out of business tomorrow? Yes. However, are the fundamental circumstances of 2018 substantially different than 2009, 2002, or 1979? Yes. And everyone would probably prefer to compete against 2,000 qualified applicants for their choice airline instead of 8,000 qualified applicants all shotgunning it to every airline. It's just food for thought.

Highflyer35
06-13-2018, 07:23 AM
Flying into DFW for the job fair this weekend. Whats the cheapest way to get to the Love field area without renting a car? Are there any hotels over there with some sort of crew discount? Looks like Uber/lyft is like $30 one way.

Peacock
06-13-2018, 07:48 AM
Flying into DFW for the job fair this weekend. Whats the cheapest way to get to the Love field area without renting a car? Are there any hotels over there with some sort of crew discount? Looks like Uber/lyft is like $30 one way.
Cheapest would be DART light rail. There is a station at DFW and right next to the TOPS building where the fair is held.

ZapBrannigan
06-13-2018, 11:26 AM
Download the GoPass app and you can load Dart rail fare. Pick up the train downstairs at the north end of the A concourse. (Outside of security)

Ride the Orange line train to Burbank station. When you get off the train youíll be standing next to headquarters and the TOPS building.

pilot124
06-14-2018, 01:43 PM
I will be arriving Friday around 5:30 PM into DFW if anyone needs a ride to the hotel over at DAL. PM me if you need a ride.

airplanebrad
06-14-2018, 05:48 PM
Iím trying to understand why so many pilots are going above and beyond, and basically doing whatever it takes to get to a job fair, interview or job with southwest, or any major for that reason? So bad that they crash servers trying to get an invite. Am I missing something? What is so great about all of this that you guys give your entire life to it? Iím trying to get a serious understanding. I have applied myself, and tried to get on the meet and greet deal as well, but it was overloaded with others and I guess thereís so many pilot applications that they can pick the absolute best shiny resume and application out there. I mean, going to lengths as paying a third party company to make your resume shine, and program your answers to interview questions? I donít get it. But Iím the type to start my own business and tell a big company where to go. What is the reasoning?

at6d
06-14-2018, 06:19 PM
How about

óa multimillion dollar career potential

óbeats an office job

óand also a multimillion dollar career potential.

Ohlsan
06-15-2018, 02:47 AM
I’m trying to understand why so many pilots are going above and beyond, and basically doing whatever it takes to get to a job fair, interview or job with southwest, or any major for that reason? So bad that they crash servers trying to get an invite. Am I missing something? What is so great about all of this that you guys give your entire life to it? I’m trying to get a serious understanding. I have applied myself, and tried to get on the meet and greet deal as well, but it was overloaded with others and I guess there’s so many pilot applications that they can pick the absolute best shiny resume and application out there. I mean, going to lengths as paying a third party company to make your resume shine, and program your answers to interview questions? I don’t get it. But I’m the type to start my own business and tell a big company where to go. What is the reasoning?

- excellent career potential
- the quicker you get picked up, the more time you have earning max pay with good seniority
- the earlier in life you add 15-16% to your 401k, the more it will earn
- the $300-$700 for application reviews is nothing if it gets you an interview a couple months earlier.

- very few business owners make $150-$200k a year within the first 3-4 years.

Smooth at FL450
06-15-2018, 05:52 AM
- excellent career potential
- the quicker you get picked up, the more time you have earning max pay with good seniority
- the earlier in life you add 15-16% to your 401k, the more it will earn
- the $300-$700 for application reviews is nothing if it gets you an interview a couple months earlier.

- very few business owners make $150-$200k a year within the first 3-4 years.

All while working 3 days per week. Business owners will be working 6-7 days per week and bring their work home with them at night. Start up capital/risk involved in owning a business is no joke either. I'll never lose sleep at night over how I'm going to make payroll next month.

GlassBird
06-16-2018, 07:53 AM
Anybody notice the ticket says ďPlease do not arrive earlier than 8:30 am to check-in for the AM session, and no earlier than 12:30 pm to check-in for the PM session.Ē
Uh...
The PM session STARTS at 12:30 but thatís the earliest I can show up..? :confused:
Iíll take my chances and show up at 12:15-12:20... :cool:

ROFF
06-16-2018, 09:27 AM
Iím trying to understand why so many pilots are going above and beyond, and basically doing whatever it takes to get to a job fair, interview or job with southwest, or any major for that reason? So bad that they crash servers trying to get an invite. Am I missing something? What is so great about all of this that you guys give your entire life to it? Iím trying to get a serious understanding. I have applied myself, and tried to get on the meet and greet deal as well, but it was overloaded with others and I guess thereís so many pilot applications that they can pick the absolute best shiny resume and application out there. I mean, going to lengths as paying a third party company to make your resume shine, and program your answers to interview questions? I donít get it. But Iím the type to start my own business and tell a big company where to go. What is the reasoning?

Anyone who has actually started their own business would understand 100%.

BarrySeal
06-16-2018, 09:37 AM
Anybody notice the ticket says “Please do not arrive earlier than 8:30 am to check-in for the AM session, and no earlier than 12:30 pm to check-in for the PM session.”
Uh...
The PM session STARTS at 12:30 but that’s the earliest I can show up..? :confused:
I’ll take my chances and show up at 12:15-12:20... :cool:

Is this a "how do you follow directions" test ?

So if you show up at 8:20 AM, does anyone hold that against you ?

the Pilot-in-me hates being "on time" I prefer a tad early

JetDoc
06-16-2018, 11:24 AM

The pennies on the dollar wage difference between the regionals and mainline is what causes it. If the regional sector pay was even close to where it should be, for doing the SAME EXACT JOB I might add, you wouldn't see the Hunger Gamesesque, jumping through moving flaming hoop after flaming hoop desperation of guys wanting to earn what they are truly worth we see today. A lot of folks would be content with where they are. Pay me deltas CRJ900 rate which is literally double of what I earn now, again for DOING THE SAME EXACT JOB and I for one would be quite happy with where I am. It's all quite sad actually.

moflyer
06-16-2018, 03:08 PM
The pennies on the dollar wage difference between the regionals and mainline is what causes it. If the regional sector pay was even close to where it should be, for doing the SAME EXACT JOB I might add, you wouldn't see the Hunger Gamesesque, jumping through moving flaming hoop after flaming hoop desperation of guys wanting to earn what they are truly worth we see today. A lot of folks would be content with where they are. Pay me deltas CRJ900 rate which is literally double of what I earn now, again for DOING THE SAME EXACT JOB and I for one would be quite happy with where I am. It's all quite sad actually.

I would have been perfectly happy staying at my RJ job, had it paid $175,000 a year and provided major benefits. I finally decided to move on once friends showed me what they were making, and banking in retirement.

at6d
06-16-2018, 03:37 PM

Name a regional that CAN pay the same.

airplanebrad
06-16-2018, 05:52 PM
I do. And thatís why Iíll never want to work for someone ever again! I love it!

GreatStory
06-16-2018, 07:26 PM
I do. And thatís why Iíll never want to work for someone ever again! I love it!

wat u say bra?

saab2000
06-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Name a regional that CAN pay the same.

This is to miss the point. They'll only pay what they can afford and they can only afford what their partner airline lets them afford. It would require a change in mindset, but all that flying could be brought in-house. Every time a mainline pilot votes for a contract that allows for scope relaxation with numbers of seats, routes, aircraft, etc. that can be flown by anyone other than themselves they are voting away their jobs and voting in a "B" scale.

Regional airlines are nothing more and nothing less than a "B" (or "C") scale that doesn't exist on a mainline CBA. They think they've gotten rid of the "B" scale. They haven't. They're just called "Regional" airlines today and the comment about the Hunger Games-esque hoops you have to jump through just to score an interview is spot on.

ZapBrannigan
06-17-2018, 03:31 AM
So how was the event? Any good rumors?

at6d
06-17-2018, 09:37 AM
This is to miss the point. They'll only pay what they can afford and they can only afford what their partner airline lets them afford. It would require a change in mindset, but all that flying could be brought in-house. Every time a mainline pilot votes for a contract that allows for scope relaxation with numbers of seats, routes, aircraft, etc. that can be flown by anyone other than themselves they are voting away their jobs and voting in a "B" scale.

Regional airlines are nothing more and nothing less than a "B" (or "C") scale that doesn't exist on a mainline CBA. They think they've gotten rid of the "B" scale. They haven't. They're just called "Regional" airlines today and the comment about the Hunger Games-esque hoops you have to jump through just to score an interview is spot on.

Trust me, like you I was at Eagle for the lost decade. I get it. Every year I remember the big ďmerge the listsĒ ideas.

My point is that a non-wholly owned regional economically isnít in the same boat.

I say ditch all regionals.

PotatoChip
06-17-2018, 09:52 AM
So how was the event? Any good rumors?

Fantastic event!
No great rumors. What everyone already knows.
Increased hiring this year to over 700.
13 sims currently, 18 by 2020, increasing to 26 thereafter.
Not slowing pilot growth. Plan to hire 2900 more pilots in next five years. Continue to have quality applicants.
Retirements really hit starting in 2028.

saab2000
06-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Trust me, like you I was at Eagle for the lost decade. I get it. Every year I remember the big ďmerge the listsĒ ideas.

My point is that a non-wholly owned regional economically isnít in the same boat.

I say ditch all regionals.

Agree 100%.

GreatStory
06-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Agree 100%.

Regional airline flying is just a bad job, in no way is it a career.

Proximity
06-17-2018, 09:52 PM
The question I'd like to ask at one of these events is what do we need all these pilots for? It's so slow on the FO side that I'm watching people getting outbid for reserve blocks in open time. Premium flying for all but the most senior FOs no longer exists. Yet the strong hiring continues. This is great from the aspect of moving up, however, this company has always run lean...what happens if there is a downturn?

flyguy81
06-17-2018, 11:51 PM
I got a midweek premium 3 day this month. And have been here a bit over 2 yrs.

Smooth at FL450
06-18-2018, 05:23 AM
The question I'd like to ask at one of these events is what do we need all these pilots for? It's so slow on the FO side that I'm watching people getting outbid for reserve blocks in open time. Premium flying for all but the most senior FOs no longer exists. Yet the strong hiring continues. This is great from the aspect of moving up, however, this company has always run lean...what happens if there is a downturn?

Today's hiring is for tomorrow's staffing concerns. Lack of premium flying today may just be an unfortunate side effect for us (and maybe a bonus for the bean counters)

Flitestar
06-18-2018, 07:36 AM
Did any of you that attended the event last Saturday get an email asking NOT to apply in the window that opened today, but instead apply on the 23rd?

Just curious.

MG386
06-18-2018, 07:53 AM
I got a midweek premium 3 day this month. And have been here a bit over 2 yrs.I got a premium 2 day last week and I've been here 1.5 years. Not a short notice trip either.

However, I agree it's more slim this summer than how it was last summer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PotatoChip
06-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Did any of you that attended the event last Saturday get an email asking NOT to apply in the window that opened today, but instead apply on the 23rd?

Just curious.

Yes. Received the same.

Tbpilot06
06-18-2018, 09:18 AM

Just curious.

Looks like another smoke and mirror show for anyone applying that didnít go to the career fair. Probably a waste of time. Funny when applying to this window there was a question asking where did you hear of the opportunity... the first choice was career fair in September 2016. Love the attention to detail from a company making you jump through all kinds of hoops just to apply.

Palmtree Pilot
06-18-2018, 10:19 AM
Funny, I didn't even get an email notice from Icims.com for this application window and my the last two submissions are still "received" and all back to 2005 except one are closed complete. Somehow I'm not surprised after 6 years of applying.

Smooth at FL450
06-18-2018, 10:33 AM
Funny, I didn't even get an email notice from Icims.com for this application window and my the last two submissions are still "received" and all back to 2005 except one are closed complete. Somehow I'm not surprised after 6 years of applying.

I got the "sorry but you were not selected this time, please try again" email after I'd been on property for 6 months. My paychecks have been consistent so I'm not too worried...

aperfcrcle
06-18-2018, 11:43 AM
I guess this window is just for the guys who went to the expo.. Just submitted my app and it instantly went to "closed complete".. all my other ones are still "received submission".. oh well.

Redan
06-18-2018, 01:12 PM

Just curious.

I also received this email.

Sqwk7700
06-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Looks like another smoke and mirror show for anyone applying that didnít go to the career fair. Probably a waste of time. Funny when applying to this window there was a question asking where did you hear of the opportunity... the first choice was career fair in September 2016. Love the attention to detail from a company making you jump through all kinds of hoops just to apply.

Great attitude. Ever thought that maybe thereís folks that went to that job fair that havenít received an interview invite?

GreatStory
06-18-2018, 01:55 PM

you should target other airlines :) please

Tbpilot06
06-18-2018, 02:09 PM
My bad. I meant to say the only choice referencing a career fair was Sept 2016. What about the ones in the other years? No attitude here

PotatoChip
06-18-2018, 03:32 PM
My bad. I meant to say the only choice referencing a career fair was Sept 2016. What about the ones in the other years? No attitude here

They changed how they do career fairs.
Now Career Fair attendees have a separate window they are asked to apply to.

RJSAviator76
06-18-2018, 03:34 PM

Just today, on the FO side, out of 105 awards, only 10 were awarded as premium. Others were either straight time or reserve.

Conversely, on the captain side systemwide, out of 126 awards, 62 were awarded premium.

Seems like the company is really stingy on upgrading people.

Peacock
06-18-2018, 04:14 PM
Just today, on the FO side, out of 105 awards, only 10 were awarded as premium. Others were either straight time or reserve.

Conversely, on the captain side systemwide, out of 126 awards, 62 were awarded premium.

Seems like the company is really stingy on upgrading people.

Wouldnít it be cheaper to upgrade enough people so captains donít get premium? This seems like a temporary issue. Lots of new hire training, new training center, ETOPS training.

GreatStory
06-18-2018, 04:57 PM

Gotcha, context issues. Sorry for being snarky.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1