Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Breaking into contract flying

Wafu3939
05-03-2018, 07:49 AM
Hi everyone,
I am an experienced GV guy (4000 in Type) who is looking to get a start as a contract pilot.

Anyone have either good advice, or even better, a need for an experienced GV/550 pilot?

Thanks

RI830
05-04-2018, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,
I am an experienced GV guy (4000 in Type) who is looking to get a start as a contract pilot.

Anyone have either good advice, or even better, a need for an experienced GV/550 pilot?

Thanks

Network...connect....meet n greet.

I would start by being upfront and introducing yourself to people in the know on the GV/550.
- LinkedIn profile for yourself
- Facebook contract pilot group
- Flycontract.com

Just a few places to start! Once you get your name out there, it’s a matter of time before someone calls with a trip. If you are good to get along with...they will recommend you to their friends. Word of mouth works wonders for getting the contract work.

All the best chasing the work!!

Falcondrivr
05-04-2018, 11:52 AM
Facebook “PJP”

galaxy flyer
05-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Start an LLC, first.

GF

Wafu3939
05-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the input.
Will start on the networking. LLC already in place!

jetset
05-05-2018, 01:00 PM
Network...connect....meet n greet.

I would start by being upfront and introducing yourself to people in the know on the GV/550.
- LinkedIn profile for yourself
- Facebook contract pilot group
- Flycontract.com

Just a few places to start! Once you get your name out there, it’s a matter of time before someone calls with a trip. If you are good to get along with...they will recommend you to their friends. Word of mouth works wonders for getting the contract work.

All the best chasing the work!!

Findapilot.com too!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1