Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Does I get a second shot?

noospherical
05-04-2018, 12:41 AM
Hey guys I'm new in these here parts.... wondering if, after having been turned down couple years ago after interviewing, it's curtains for me and no second chance at employment? Any help much appreciated!

mpet
05-04-2018, 12:58 AM
What have you been doing the last few yrs since you got turned down? Why did you get turned down?

sMFer
05-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Does I get a second shot.....work on that title first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

noospherical
05-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Does I get a second shot.....work on that title first.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Thank! you are have the good poyntz!

noospherical
05-04-2018, 09:32 PM
What have you been doing the last few yrs since you got turned down? Why did you get turned down?
been flight instructing for collegiate programs.......I believe (and a few others have opined likewise) it had to do with disclosing during the introductory segment of the interview that my long-term aviation goals were not necessarily airline-related, so perhaps they didn't believe my heart was in it (can't blame 'em)

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-04-2018, 09:43 PM
Just apply man, see what happens

noospherical
05-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Just apply man, see what happens
that's the plan! good life philosophy too thanks

SkyFive
05-05-2018, 03:15 AM
Do ye' ever and how.

Poser765
05-05-2018, 04:49 AM
been flight instructing for collegiate programs.......I believe (and a few others have opined likewise) it had to do with disclosing during the introductory segment of the interview that my long-term aviation goals were not necessarily airline-related, so perhaps they didn't believe my heart was in it (can't blame 'em)hmm. I've seen a couple of guys come through training and out on the line in their 60s. Pretty sure their long term goals aren't airline flying either.

TiredSoul
05-05-2018, 05:29 AM
disclosing during the introductory segment of the interview that my long-term aviation goals were not necessarily airline-related, so perhaps they didn't believe my heart was in it

I think youíve answered your own question.
If itís not something you really want to do then find something else and leave the seat for somebody who does want it.

DarkSideMoon
05-05-2018, 06:59 AM
If itís not something you really want to do then find something else and leave the seat for somebody who does want it.

Plenty of seats to go around these days.

noospherical
05-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Do ye' ever and how.
come again?

noospherical
05-05-2018, 10:58 PM
hmm. I've seen a couple of guys come through training and out on the line in their 60s. Pretty sure their long term goals aren't airline flying either.
interesting perspective :)

noospherical
05-05-2018, 11:13 PM
thanks for your candor

noospherical
05-05-2018, 11:17 PM
hmm. I've seen a couple of guys come through training and out on the line in their 60s. Pretty sure their long term goals aren't airline flying either.
good point!

Fr8Thrust
05-06-2018, 01:38 AM

This statement no longer applies to present day Compass.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1