Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Lw 26"

flyboy94
05-07-2018, 12:36 PM
Hey fellas I just bought a 26" LW Stealth roller bag and was wondering if anyone else has purchased this size bag, and how they like it compared to the 22" LW roller bag. Also if the 26" is over-kill and is a pain while commuting.

WillFlyForSpam
05-07-2018, 12:40 PM
Hey fellas I just bought a 26" LW Stealth roller bag and was wondering if anyone else has purchased this size bag, and how they like it compared to the 22" LW roller bag. Also if the 26" is over-kill and is a pain while commuting.

I donít own one personally but Iíve talked to a few commuters with the 26 and they say fitting it in the overhead is either a pain or impossible.

flyboy94
05-07-2018, 01:02 PM
i donít own one personally but iíve talked to a few commuters with the 26 and they say fitting it in the overhead is either a pain or impossible.
wonderful! :(

Paperboi
05-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Mine fits perfectly on a crj 200 so you'll be golden!

flyboy94
05-07-2018, 03:26 PM
Mine fits perfectly on a crj 200 so you'll be golden!
Obviously sideways correct!

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-07-2018, 04:36 PM
wonderful! :(

Dont worry homie, as FlytheSky says, we fly the widebody RJ 😅

DiamondDriver
05-07-2018, 04:37 PM
I have one as well. It fits just fine in any mainline a/c (straight in), the 175 (straight in), and 700&900s (sideways) that I have commuted on. **Enjoy the extra 4 inches**

VIRotate
05-07-2018, 05:47 PM
I have one as well. It fits just fine in any mainline a/c (straight in), the 175 (straight in), and 700&900s (sideways) that I have commuted on. **Enjoy the extra 4 inches**

Thatís what she said!

FlytheSky
05-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Dont worry homie, as FlytheSky says, we fly the widebody RJ 😅

Come to Compass and it's all you'll fly!
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/66612725/widebody-widebody-everywhere.jpg

Fr8Thrust
05-08-2018, 07:41 AM
I donít think that will fit up front, my 22Ē fits just right up there. Youíll have to stow it in the back, sideways, or under row 20.

JetDoc
05-08-2018, 08:13 AM
I donít think that will fit up front, my 22Ē fits just right up there. Youíll have to stow it in the back, sideways, or under row 20.

A 26 incher most definitely not fit up front.

brocklee9000
05-15-2018, 05:12 PM
Yeah no way is that going to fit anywhere but sideways. I have the Costco/Kirkland 22" (two wheel not the four wheel roller) and a Strongbags 22". They both baaaaarely fit in wheels-first in a typical overhead, sometimes with a lot of coercion and door slamming. I always assumed the 26 inch bags were designed more for the Fedex type guys who live in base, are the only ones on the plane, and are gone for a week or more at a time.

DiamondDriver
05-17-2018, 01:04 PM
After all my 26" talk...I decided to see the difference in person between the 26 and 22 inch bag. Much to my surprise, and in line with what everyone has been saying, my bag fit in the overheads because it is in fact a 22" bag. A ruler confirmed this last night.
Just to keep this thread going (as I sit with fingers crossed that my non rev home works out..and boredom) lets start the "which is best debate" between the 22" suiter, 22" computer front, and 22" no side pockets.

Cheers Boys...see y'all in a few months

Poser765
05-19-2018, 06:43 AM
After all my 26" talk...I decided to see the difference in person between the 26 and 22 inch bag. Much to my surprise, and in line with what everyone has been saying, my bag fit in the overheads because it is in fact a 22" bag. A ruler confirmed this last night.
Just to keep this thread going (as I sit with fingers crossed that my non rev home works out..and boredom) lets start the "which is best debate" between the 22" suiter, 22" computer front, and 22" no side pockets.

Cheers Boys...see y'all in a few monthsAll I can say is those side pockets, while bulky, are pretty darn handy to have.

Battlinbear21
05-24-2018, 03:57 AM
Glad the overheads are getting bigger or the BDJs (Barbie Dream Jets) in my previous life anyone who showed up w the 26 was a fn *********. I flew The dash that had a tiny closet. I Fly the BBDJ now. So there was only 1 way to get all in and closed. 26 always went in last and was easily accessible. How convenient. And as many swaps as we did... world of ****ed off before 7am. Iím forced to basically pack sandals 11 months out of the year or a tote cause 1 pair of shoes takes 33% in the 22. Big socks I know.

Vectorss
05-25-2018, 03:05 PM
Hey guys,

Since this is talking about bags...I am starting training in a few weeks. What is your preferred bag set up to have? Looking forward to starting!

VIRotate
05-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Hey guys,

Since this is talking about bags...I am starting training in a few weeks. What is your preferred bag set up to have? Looking forward to starting!

Luggage Works Stealth 22. Steel frame is heavier and more expensive but can withstand a nuclear apolocalypse. The aluminum frame is lighter but canít take as much abuse. If you commute, Iíd go steel frame. Live in base, aluminum. Do not get a bag with a telescopic handle. They will jam and you will be stuck trying to Tetris your bag in a full MD-88 one day. Ask me how I know.

WillFlyForSpam
05-25-2018, 11:05 PM
Hey guys,

I have the strongbag vortex with the aerocoast pro crew something tote hanging off the hook. The vortex is fine and I suggest grabbing some vacuum bags to make extra space (they changed my life). The aerocoast bag has enough space for your gear and has a compartment for snack basket treasures.

brocklee9000
05-28-2018, 03:55 PM
I have the strongbag vortex with the aerocoast pro crew something tote hanging off the hook. The vortex is fine and I suggest grabbing some vacuum bags to make extra space (they changed my life). The aerocoast bag has enough space for your gear and has a compartment for snack basket treasures.

And for what it's worth, it looks like strongbags made the Vortex a little smaller now. They're advertising their 21" at 21.25x14.25x7.25, which should be pretty nice. Too many 22" bags out there don't exactly fit without a lot of effort.

WillFlyForSpam
05-28-2018, 08:28 PM
And for what it's worth, it looks like strongbags made the Vortex a little smaller now. They're advertising their 21" at 21.25x14.25x7.25, which should be pretty nice. Too many 22" bags out there don't exactly fit without a lot of effort.

Correct. When you look at it, itís definitely a little smaller and is measured at 21 but I can pack for a 4-5 day with no issue. At first I thought Iíd miss the outside pockets but with the vortex I realized that those pockets make or break it fitting in the overhead haha.

jonnyjetprop
05-28-2018, 08:32 PM
On a totally different angle, I had 2 26" LW bagels from working 121 supplemental. They have a tendency for the side frames to bow in over time. I think the smaller bag doesn't have this issue.

mpet
05-28-2018, 10:20 PM
On a totally different angle, I had 2 26" LW bagels from working 121 supplemental. They have a tendency for the side frames to bow in over time. I think the smaller bag doesn't have this issue.

My 22" did this. Just pry them out with a hammer

poutine
05-29-2018, 08:38 AM

+1 for Strongbags Vortex, best bang for a working rollaboard. As people previously mentioned, overhead design getting bigger, only one that cant fit striaght in is the B738 old interior, all other narrowbody should fit no problem.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1