Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New uniforms

Name User
05-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Are you guys getting new M&H uniforms too? Or sticking with Twin Hill? Any word on Piedmont and PSA?

AZPilotMike
05-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Are you guys getting new M&H uniforms too? Or sticking with Twin Hill? Any word on Piedmont and PSA?

I actually put a request in for the new M &H uniforms back in September I believe. I was under the impression that we are no longer doing business with TwinHill or at the very least phasing out of it.

Pat2389
05-08-2018, 11:29 AM
If you get shirts from M&H pay the extra $4/ea to get them tapered. The non tapered were like wearing a wing suit!

Ijustlikeflying
05-08-2018, 01:34 PM
If you get shirts from M&H pay the extra $4/ea to get them tapered. The non tapered were like wearing a wing suit!

Probably the best advice Iíve seen on here. Donít be looking like a clown in the airport people.

Cyio
05-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Yeah I planned on just getting them tailored once I received them.

Name User
05-08-2018, 02:02 PM
FWIW I was told M&H is no longer offering the tapered shirt buy-up.

TheStranger
05-09-2018, 04:58 AM
Yeah I planned on just getting them tailored once I received them.

Does the company pay for this?

Cyio
05-09-2018, 05:03 AM

I believe they will reimburse for it.

uavking
05-09-2018, 06:16 AM

The company will reimburse alterations IAW the contract such as pants hemming/waist, blazer sleeves and sides, etc (there is a list describing approved alterations on the Flight- Uniform page on my.envoyair). Shirts arenít on that list. Either pay a tailor for that yourself, or just do a GI ďdress offĒ when you tuck in your shirt.

rotorjockey3
05-09-2018, 06:50 AM
New Hire classes are ordering through Twin Hill. Does anyone know how to get around purchasing the required trench coat and hat? I'll never wear those.

uavking
05-09-2018, 07:22 AM
New Hire classes are ordering through Twin Hill. Does anyone know how to get around purchasing the required trench coat and hat? I'll never wear those.

Youíll need the hat for a picket line. This is your chance to have the company pay half.

Anyway, I know this doesnít directly answer your question, but I recommend getting the all-weather coat if itís an option instead of the trench. Youíll find it useful in all seasons and itís good for blocking wind and repelling rain on walk arounds.

NoValueAviator
05-09-2018, 07:33 AM
The trench looks badass and is warm enough to wear on a short space walk.

yeahbutstill
05-09-2018, 07:33 AM

I still have those in the box under my bed, hope you find a way not to buy those.. waste of $

highfarfast
05-09-2018, 08:27 AM

Someone posted a while back that you can simply return the trench coat for a refund. After which, you can buy the all weather coat. Wish Iíd known that (or figured it out) when I was hired. Hate the damned trench coat.

Bigpimppilot
05-09-2018, 12:38 PM
Wear shorts with your trench on the overnight. Watch people cross the street to avoid you

uavking
05-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Heads up that M&H now has accessories (two overcoat options, hat, tie, belt) up for company issue orders. Russian front trench coat haters will be pleased to note that the winter coat is now a town coat in black wool. Don't forget to see a tailor for the sleeves. (See the NYT for talk about town coats: https://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/10/fashion/the-town-coat-between-sport-and-overcoat.html)

There is also an optional purchase sweater (pullover and button up both available) on offer. I don't know if this is just open for folks who had already ordered the alternative uniform, or if this is open for all, but worth checking out.

Aviatrx
05-10-2018, 12:20 PM
The trench coat is awesome! You whipper snappers are just st not used to dressing up for the cold. You will appreciate it on cold walk aroundsor while shoveling snow away from your car in the employee lot. Like someone else said, the hat is for picketing or when you canít afford a hair cut

MD-11Loader
05-10-2018, 12:36 PM
I ordered the replacement uniform from M&H last year and what I received was something closer to the Republic uniform. Itís not sharkskin grey but more of a blue. Is that the uniform going forward?

uavking
05-10-2018, 12:40 PM
I ordered the replacement uniform from M&H last year and what I received was something closer to the Republic uniform. Itís not sharkskin grey but more of a blue. Is that the uniform going forward?

There's a press release somewhere on my.envoyair, but yeah, that's the new uniform. The above wing and cabin side selected Pantone color "Parisian Night" (renamed "aviation blue," I think, because work groups were nostalgic for the blue that L-US and L-AA had), so it wouldn't surprise me if our color is similar.

highfarfast
05-10-2018, 06:10 PM
The trench coat is awesome! You whipper snappers are just st not used to dressing up for the cold. You will appreciate it on cold walk aroundsor while shoveling snow away from your car in the employee lot. Like someone else said, the hat is for picketing or when you canít afford a hair cut

Whipper snappers? I'm in my 40s. Hate the damned trench coat. Heavy as an anvil and something else to carry around for that one night that is cold enough to warrant it. It would be one thing if I was ORD or LGA but I'm DFW. And I can't order any single part of a uniform as a NH unless I order the god damned trench coat. Been here a year and a half now. Taken it on two trips. Worn it twice.

Yeah, the trench coat looks cool, I'll give you that. But I'm not young enough to give a crap about looks over practicality. The trench coat SUCKS!!!!

llws
05-11-2018, 03:27 AM
Whipper snappers? I'm in my 40s. Hate the damned trench coat. Heavy as an anvil and something else to carry around for that one night that is cold enough to warrant it. It would be one thing if I was ORD or LGA but I'm DFW. And I can't order any single part of a uniform as a NH unless I order the god damned trench coat. Been here a year and a half now. Taken it on two trips. Worn it twice.

Yeah, the trench coat looks cool, I'll give you that. But I'm not young enough to give a crap about looks over practicality. The trench coat SUCKS!!!!

Looks cool? I agree with everything else you said. Also, how do people even sit down wearing that thing? It's like sitting on your hair. Or a wedding dress. You've gotta maneuver it before you sit on it. The thing is awful, and it makes you look like a flasher.

Name User
05-12-2018, 05:34 PM

The TH and M&H are very similar in color, at least mine were. Enough that I can keep wearing the TH one which is very nice and fits well.

Name User
05-12-2018, 05:36 PM
There's a press release somewhere on my.envoyair, but yeah, that's the new uniform. The above wing and cabin side selected Pantone color "Parisian Night" (renamed "aviation blue," I think, because work groups were nostalgic for the blue that L-US and L-AA had), so it wouldn't surprise me if our color is similar.

The APFA forced the company to change colors so that it would remove all prior uniforms from circulation.

NavyRotorhead
05-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Looks cool? I agree with everything else you said. Also, how do people even sit down wearing that thing? It's like sitting on your hair. Or a wedding dress. You've gotta maneuver it before you sit on it. The thing is awful, and it makes you look like a flasher.

Trench coats and other long overcoats are not meant to be sat in. One should hang them up, and preferably go over them 2 or 3 times with a lint brush before sitting. Don't do it while wearing your white gloves, that's just uncivilized. Don't forget to remove your tophat once inside the building (or aircraft) lest anyone consider you uncouth.

llws
05-15-2018, 02:42 AM
Trench coats and other long overcoats are not meant to be sat in. One should hang them up, and preferably go over them 2 or 3 times with a lint brush before sitting. Don't do it while wearing your white gloves, that's just uncivilized. Don't forget to remove your tophat once inside the building (or aircraft) lest anyone consider you uncouth.

Touchť, sir

Aviatrx
05-15-2018, 04:23 AM

If you donít need it, wear your blazer. You may be old but still clearly new to sub zero pre/post flights and long waits for the hotel shuttle. The bottom line is, if you donít want to spend the money, take the coat and learn to live with all the warmth and protection it will provide. I use mine like a snuggy sometimes. If you are around long enough, DFW and the airports you serve from there most certainly have wicked cold weather. That all being said, why donít you quit your crying and buy a full price coat with all that bonus money.

highfarfast
05-15-2018, 04:49 AM
If you donít need it, wear your blazer. You may be old but still clearly new to sub zero pre/post flights and long waits for the hotel shuttle. The bottom line is, if you donít want to spend the money, take the coat and learn to live with all the warmth and protection it will provide. I use mine like a snuggy sometimes. If you are around long enough, DFW and the airports you serve from there most certainly have wicked cold weather. That all being said, why donít you quit your crying and buy a full price coat with all that bonus money.

:rolleyes:

Ijustlikeflying
05-15-2018, 05:31 AM
Why is it that American is the biggest airline in the entire world and both the old and new uniform suppliers look like they had their websites designed by a 5 year old just discovering the internet. Completely un-user-friendly...

I have no clue whatís going on with this new uniform either. They better have a fitted option so we donít have an airport full of pilots that look like they are walking around in clothes bought from goodwill for last years halloween costum.

mainlineAF
05-15-2018, 05:39 AM
Why is it that American is the biggest airline in the entire world and both the old and new uniform suppliers look like they had their websites designed by a 5 year old just discovering the internet. Completely un-user-friendly...

I have no clue whatís going on with this new uniform either. They better have a fitted option so we donít have an airport full of pilots that look like they are walking around in clothes bought from goodwill for last years halloween costum.

Just take it to the tailor.

uavking
05-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Just take it to the tailor.

What he said. Like any suit, you're going to have to go to a tailor and, at a minimum, get the pants hemmed and the blazer sleeves properly shortened.

Speaking of which, please make sure your tailor is familiar with proper stripe placement. No excuse for your bottom stripe being right at the bottom of your sleeve when the company reimburses stripe movement.

HardLemonade
05-15-2018, 09:10 AM
Trench coat and hat? What's the problem? You guys don't like coming to work looking like you're about to invade Poland?

Jetunderwing
05-15-2018, 12:17 PM
Trench coat and hat? What's the problem? You guys don't like coming to work looking like you're about to invade Poland?

Only when I am at customs in Montreal, shows Canada whats up.

SilentLurker
05-15-2018, 01:43 PM

Trench coat actually does look like a Third Reich standard issue uniform. Has a Axis of Evil-issh /communist-issh strictness and appearance.

Not as ďAmericanĒ patriotic or inspiring a design as I wished.

ju10489
05-15-2018, 05:49 PM
How long does it take to receive the uniform? I just ordered it.

kcg003
05-15-2018, 06:13 PM
I just want another medium zip up cardigan. Thanks to twin hill for not telling me they donít have any mediums to send me right after they shredded the one I sent back to have a new zipper put on it. And these jack holes donít even have anything like it. Serenity now!

f16jetmech
05-15-2018, 09:59 PM
I just want another medium zip up cardigan. Thanks to twin hill for not telling me they donít have any mediums to send me right after they shredded the one I sent back to have a new zipper put on it. And these jack holes donít even have anything like it. Serenity now!

My zipper is jacked up too... 3 months old and won't zip up. Think men's warehouse would repair it?

Cyio
05-16-2018, 06:04 AM
My zipper is jacked up too... 3 months old and won't zip up. Think men's warehouse would repair it?

Isnít that part of the clothing line that is causing all the issues for people both at mainline and the regional level? Pretty sure Alaska air has the same exact issues with them and had to move to a new company due to toxic reactions people were having.

f16jetmech
05-16-2018, 06:16 AM
Isnít that part of the clothing line that is causing all the issues for people both at mainline and the regional level? Pretty sure Alaska air has the same exact issues with them and had to move to a new company due to toxic reactions people were having.

I've had no issues with it personally... Just until I tried zipping it up one day before work and nada.

Cyio
05-16-2018, 09:13 AM
I've had no issues with it personally... Just until I tried zipping it up one day before work and nada.

Yeah not everyone is reacting apparently but enough have, especially at mainline that AA has decided to move away from TwinHill. Pretty sure there is a huge Facebook group called uniformreAActions or something like that, with the two aaís being intentional.

Anyways, not bashing just pointing it out.

havick206
05-16-2018, 11:35 AM

The sweater was a piece of junk. Zipper didnít last a winter.

uavking
05-16-2018, 01:00 PM
The sweater was a piece of junk. Zipper didnít last a winter.

M&H appears to have two optional purchase sweater options: one button front and one pull-over. So, no need to worry about zippers anymore.

havick206
05-16-2018, 01:08 PM
M&H appears to have two optional purchase sweater options: one button front and one pull-over. So, no need to worry about zippers anymore.

I ended up getting a military sweater that looks similar one the twin hill one fell apart. Kept nieders email about getting stuff similar during the transition in case anyone tries to nix wearing it.

Cyio
05-16-2018, 03:43 PM
I ended up getting a military sweater that looks similar one the twin hill one fell apart. Kept nieders email about getting stuff similar during the transition in case anyone tries to nix wearing it.

Where did you source it?

havick206
05-16-2018, 03:55 PM
Where did you source it?

Amazon, just look up navy Woolley pulley with epaulets Theyíre about $40 and ten times better than the rubbish we got from twin hill.

Cyio
05-16-2018, 04:31 PM
Amazon, just look up navy Woolley pulley with epaulets Theyíre about $40 and ten times better than the rubbish we got from twin hill.

Done deal. Thanks.

bourbon scamp
06-20-2018, 07:29 AM
How long does it take to receive the uniform? I just ordered it.

I think itís going to be piecemeal delivery over the rest of the year. I ordered all of it, including a wrong size lid. Will have to exchange it when they list the right size. That said I probably wonít start wearing the new stuff until my current stuff wears out .

flysooner9
06-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Anything ordered from May to now is scheduled to be delivered in October (if itís the full replacement uniform) you can order certain accessories and have them mailed faster.

Bruno82
06-30-2018, 05:29 PM
Us newhires had to order from Twin Hill, but they don't have any ties or epaulets and no idea when they'll get any in. Any idea how long it would take M&H to ship ties and epaulets? Any other place to get ties or epaulets?

flysooner9
06-30-2018, 05:47 PM
Us newhires had to order from Twin Hill, but they don't have any ties or epaulets and no idea when they'll get any in. Any idea how long it would take M&H to ship ties and epaulets? Any other place to get ties or epaulets?

If you order with your credit card from M and H theyíll ship it right away. Itís jjst the company issued uniform (full set) that has the shipping schedule.

Whatever twin hill is out of will NOT be restocked.

Bruno82
06-30-2018, 05:57 PM
If you order with your credit card from M and H theyíll ship it right away. Itís jjst the company issued uniform (full set) that has the shipping schedule.

Whatever twin hill is out of will NOT be restocked.

Thanks !

filler

MD-11Loader
06-30-2018, 06:15 PM
Thanks !

filler

You can always pop into Crew Outfitters in DFW. They only have the international tie, but they should have plenty of stripes.

uavking
06-30-2018, 06:16 PM

Try Crew Outfitters at DFW. They had some epps in stock as of a few days ago, and a whole bunch of mainline logo ties.

M&H is quick about shipping epps if you pay out of pocket (send up a reimbursement claim via your CPO since the contract specifies first set is company provided), but dunno if they have ties in stock yet.

Edit: it looks like M&H has regional logo ties for personal purchase.

flysooner9
07-01-2018, 04:58 AM
Is the difference in tie logo that one is colored and one is silver?

MD-11Loader
07-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Is the difference in tie logo that one is colored and one is silver?

The silver tie is mainline.

f16jetmech
07-02-2018, 12:17 PM
The silver tie is mainline.

And does not hold up well AT all. Mine looks like I've been working @ a fast food restaurant

Bigpimppilot
07-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Doesnít twin hill also make the silver one in crew outfitters?

flysooner9
07-02-2018, 06:58 PM
I ordered the ďregionalĒ tie from MH but they sent one with the silver logo...

pitchattitude
07-02-2018, 07:27 PM
Anybody wearing the M and H shirts? I have one and my initial thoughts were favorable, but after a few trips, several of the button holes have ďblown outĒ with the stitched portion separating from the material around it.

The reinforcement for the wings is a little narrow as well.

Bruno82
07-02-2018, 08:04 PM
Tried to order epaulets and tie from M&H today but they said I had to order the whole uniform or nothing at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havick206
07-02-2018, 08:11 PM
Anybody wearing the M and H shirts? I have one and my initial thoughts were favorable, but after a few trips, several of the button holes have ďblown outĒ with the stitched portion separating from the material around it.

Donít eat so many donuts

EmbaeDriver
07-03-2018, 06:02 AM
Tried to order epaulets and tie from M&H today but they said I had to order the whole uniform or nothing at all.

Crew Outfitters

uavking
07-03-2018, 11:12 AM

I've had zero problems with the regular shirts. Wing reinforcement is spot on. Maybe a bad batch? Try calling M&H and see if they'll do anything for you on that.

The buttons on the blazer are poorly sewn, though. I'd recommend getting those reinforced or make sure you pack a sewing kit.

uavking
07-03-2018, 11:14 AM

Have you ordered your full company issue yet? After you've placed your initial order, the M&H website should revert to allow orders of individual pieces using your personal payment. That's the point at which you can snag boards, ties, extra shirts, etc.

Cyio
07-03-2018, 04:18 PM
Does anyone get their shirts tailored? Mine came and they look friggen huge and baggy.

bigtime209
07-03-2018, 05:08 PM
Does anyone get their shirts tailored? Mine came and they look friggen huge and baggy.

Nope. Just buy quality shirts and say to hell with the company shirts.

DilsonWic
07-03-2018, 05:15 PM

Donít waste your money there. Buy a cut above. You wonít be sorry.

Bruno82
07-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Have you ordered your full company issue yet? After you've placed your initial order, the M&H website should revert to allow orders of individual pieces using your personal payment. That's the point at which you can snag boards, ties, extra shirts, etc.

Yeah. I ordered from Twin Hill and have received everything except the tie and epaulets which are on infinite Ďback orderí. I went to the M&H website and tried to order the tie and epaulets but it would only let me order if I also ordered the rest of the uniform again. I called them and they said thatís the only way I can do it. Everyone in my class is having the same problem.

bigtime209
07-03-2018, 06:06 PM

^^^^^Ding ding ding

uavking
07-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Yeah. I ordered from Twin Hill and have received everything except the tie and epaulets which are on infinite Ďback orderí. I went to the M&H website and tried to order the tie and epaulets but it would only let me order if I also ordered the rest of the uniform again. I called them and they said thatís the only way I can do it. Everyone in my class is having the same problem.

Per the contract (you'll need to look at the uniform section), the M&H issue is a new design uniform which means that it is 100% company paid. So, it would behoove you to go ahead and order the full issue because you will need to do it eventually anyway. Again, after you have ordered this initial issue, you should have access to additional purchase items.

Bruno82
07-04-2018, 03:03 AM
Per the contract (you'll need to look at the uniform section), the M&H issue is a new design uniform which means that it is 100% company paid. So, it would behoove you to go ahead and order the full issue because you will need to do it eventually anyway. Again, after you have ordered this initial issue, you should have access to additional purchase items.

I see. It was stressed to us in class that we were to order from Twin Hill. I think the quote goes ďI donít care what anyone says, you are to order from Twin Hill.Ē

Cyio
07-04-2018, 03:16 AM

Thanks for the advice, just ordered one of the cirrus to test them out.

Gooselives
07-04-2018, 04:27 AM
Where can one buy wings?

Swakid8
07-04-2018, 05:02 AM
For M&H, you have to order the entire set before separate pieces. The Uniform is fully covered by the company, last month they were shipping out around August. I ordered my uniform set and additional shirts. Already got my additional shirts.

NoValueAviator
07-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Where can one buy wings?

The wings have to be issued by the company, ditto hat brass.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1