Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Hire Training Questions

Boeing Aviator
05-09-2018, 04:58 AM
Sorry if this was already covered, I didnít see this addressed in any of the current threads. My friend starts class next week. He got his initial schedule.

What is pilot professional development program training? Systems integration, is that oral prep and or pre sim training?

Thanks.

marshal
05-09-2018, 06:07 AM
Sorry if this was already covered, I didnít see this addressed in any of the current threads. My friend starts class next week. He got his initial schedule.

What is pilot professional development program training? Systems integration, is that oral prep and or pre sim training?

Thanks.

Pilot Professional Development is CRM and customer service training. Systems integration is application of the stuff learned the previous weeks and oral prep.

Boeing Aviator
05-09-2018, 06:53 AM
Pilot Professional Development is CRM and customer service training. Systems integration is application of the stuff learned the previous weeks and oral prep.

Thanks. Is there any type of pre sim prep training?

c402fr8er
05-09-2018, 07:58 AM
Thanks. Is there any type of pre sim prep training?

That's the systems integration training.

Its done in the paper tiger and touchscreen GFS trainer (and sometimes an off motion sim, depending on availably)

Boeing Aviator
05-09-2018, 09:15 AM
That's the systems integration training.

Its done in the paper tiger and touchscreen GFS trainer (and sometimes an off motion sim, depending on availably)

Thank you. Heís scheduled for it in IAD so that means paper tiger? Do you have to have all flows, normal checklists, emergency memory items and profiles memorized prior to systems integration training?

Montcalm
05-09-2018, 03:08 PM
He'll hardly do any flows or paper tiger in IAD. System integration is more or less an oral prep... He'll need to know the memory items and limitations for the oral.

The instructors will tell your friend to focus on the oral first, then worry about flows and call-outs.

Boeing Aviator
05-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the timely responses today, very helpful and much appreciated!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1