Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Sim Delays?

CAsFiled
05-11-2018, 12:14 PM
It seems that everyone is backed up on the Ejets sims. What are the delays here?

Excargodog
05-11-2018, 04:53 PM
1. Highest turnover rate at ALL regionals in recent history AS UNPRECEDENTED NUMBER OF REGIONAL PILOTS ARE CALLED UP FOR THE MAJORS.
2. Increased sim requirements due to:
a. More sim sessions per new hire due to:
1. Less proficient new hires than historical average
2. Less proficient instructors because, yes, those guys also got pulled up to the majors.
3. Less work ethic - yes, you too can be jammed up because your sim partner refuses to buckle down and study. Worse yet, under CRM you can be busted for not calling him on it yourself when he's screwing up, even though he then blames you for ratting him out.
3. Inadequate numbers of sims since each costs about $15 million and requires 6 months to get certified by the FAA.

Flyhayes
05-11-2018, 05:17 PM
As far as I know there are currently no delays. The company has worked through the issues it initially had when the ERJ program started. Days off where you're sitting and waiting for the next training event is minimal.

jacburn
05-11-2018, 08:31 PM
It seems that everyone is backed up on the Ejets sims. What are the delays here?

There are currently no delays. The company is doing very well right now with ground school, sims and IOE. This company is nothing like it was a year ago when a few were complaining.

JuniorFO
05-12-2018, 04:17 AM
Does CommutAir have AQP training?

DirkDiggler
05-12-2018, 05:21 AM
Does CommutAir have AQP training?
I think XJT is one of the only regional airline's with AQP. There may be one more. Beats taking a checkride hands down.

JediCheese
05-12-2018, 05:46 AM
I think XJT is one of the only regional airline's with AQP. There may be one more. Beats taking a checkride hands down.

Nearly everone is doing AQP. CommutAir just got FOQA online which is a requirement for AQP. So it'll be forever to get AQP here.

PotatoChip
05-12-2018, 07:45 AM

Umm, what?

Compass, SkyWest, Endeavor, Envoy, ExpressJet all have AQP. (And I’m pretty sure Air Wis does now, too).
CommutAir is a dinasaur. Just got FOQA, which has been around for about two decades, and still drag around flight cases.

Hobbit64
05-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Umm, what?

Compass, SkyWest, Endeavor, Envoy, ExpressJet all have AQP. (And I’m pretty sure Air Wis does now, too).
CommutAir is a dinasaur. Just got FOQA, which has been around for about two decades, and still drag around flight cases.

PSA: Spelling was close...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dinosaur

PotatoChip
05-12-2018, 10:44 AM
PSA: Spelling was close...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/dinosaur

Hahaha. Yes. Thank you.

FmrPropCapt
05-13-2018, 09:07 AM
Umm, what?

Compass, SkyWest, Endeavor, Envoy, ExpressJet all have AQP. (And Iím pretty sure Air Wis does now, too).

As does PDT...

flying4401
05-13-2018, 10:21 AM
I've heard their training footprint is a lot shorter then it was a year or so ago. They have brought additional sim time in various places and have new management in training..no sim backlog.

PosRateGearUp
05-13-2018, 11:10 AM
I've heard their training footprint is a lot shorter then it was a year or so ago. They have brought additional sim time in various places and have new management in training..no sim backlog.

This is correct.

Added sim slots in IAH and PHX in addition to what we had already in STL and CVG.