Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Jts1116
05-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Thanks everybody for your help,

I am slated to start training in September 2018 to get my ATPL. I already obtained my first class medical but had a question for the upcoming years.

Iíve had hypothyroidism since I was a kid and my TSH levels have been normal ever since. My AME saw my recent blood work from my PCP and approved me for my certificate.

My question is do I need to show my AME blood test results every year? Or is this condition considered under control for a longer period or even indefinitely? Thank you!
Joseph

USMCFLYR
05-12-2018, 04:02 AM
Are you on medications to control your TSH?

If believe you should probably already be on a SI for hypothyroidism and will have to provide proof once a year of normal TSH levels.

Excargodog
05-12-2018, 07:01 AM
Thanks everybody for your help,

I am slated to start training in September 2018 to get my ATPL. I already obtained my first class medical but had a question for the upcoming years.

Iíve had hypothyroidism since I was a kid and my TSH levels have been normal ever since. My AME saw my recent blood work from my PCP and approved me for my certificate.

My question is do I need to show my AME blood test results every year? Or is this condition considered under control for a longer period or even indefinitely? Thank you!
Joseph

Since you ought to be getting a TSH every year, yes, having it with you will make the whole process quicker. If you have a TSH done in the last 90 days that is within the normal range, the AME can issue immediately, subject only to review by the Federal Air Surgeon's standards people. If you don't have one, the AME can probably order one but he can't issue until he can verify the result.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/offices/aam/ame/guide/special_iss/all_classes/hypothyroidism/

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1