Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : March 1 Interviews/Class Dates

FSUpilot
05-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Hello all....

Been lurking for awhile here... what a change in attitude the past couple days! Iím cautiously optimistic now. I gotta say I was a tad worried.

I really enjoyed meeting all the folks at the interview March 1. finished phase 1 and 2 and now just sitting in the pool waiting on a class. Iím at XJT... weíre swirling down the drain, Iíve enjoyed my time here but soon will probably be out of a job. Thankfully I mustíve impressed someone at JB.

Anyways... anyone from March 1 received a class date for June yet? Anyone for June? I know thereís about 100 in the pool. March interviews are near the top. Congrats to current pilots for the AIP... hopefully itís what you all have been waiting so long for.

jetpilot285
05-14-2018, 10:44 AM
Hey congratulations!!! I am March 14th interview also sitting in the pool. Pls let us know as soon as you get a class date.

Thank you

Pilot417
05-14-2018, 11:09 AM
Did they offer any insight as to when classes would be?? Generally class sizes shrink in the summer months and are less frequent than every two weeks so donít get discouraged if they donít start you until late summer/fall.

Kilroy
05-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Hello all....

Been lurking for awhile here... what a change in attitude the past couple days! Iím cautiously optimistic now. I gotta say I was a tad worried.

I really enjoyed meeting all the folks at the interview March 1. finished phase 1 and 2 and now just sitting in the pool waiting on a class. Iím at XJT... weíre swirling down the drain, Iíve enjoyed my time here but soon will probably be out of a job. Thankfully I mustíve impressed someone at JB.

Anyways... anyone from March 1 received a class date for June yet? Anyone for June? I know thereís about 100 in the pool. March interviews are near the top. Congrats to current pilots for the AIP... hopefully itís what you all have been waiting so long for.

Did you get a call stating that you were selected and a class date to follow. Or just a phase 2 complete email. I was told until you get a call or email stating your selected then the phase 2 means nothing.

hilltopflyer
05-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Only 8 a class is what they said in recurrent the last time

jetpilot285
05-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Hey Kilroy, the email only stated phase II complete welcome to the pilot pool and the number of people in the pool. I am guessing next thing will be a call and class date

Bluedriver
05-14-2018, 12:00 PM
May need to ramp up those class sizes to staff for new contract rules. Key word *may*.

pilotpayne
05-14-2018, 12:45 PM
May need to ramp up those class sizes to staff for new contract rules. Key word *may*.

What this guy said. If all we got was industry standard vacation we will need more pilots. This MIGHT work out well for you guys, and I hope to god our first year pay comes way up.

Good luck guys.

CaptCoolHand
05-14-2018, 12:48 PM
What this guy said. If all we got was industry standard vacation we will need more pilots. This MIGHT work out well for you guys, and I hope to god our first year pay comes way up.

Good luck guys.

Assuming this thing passes. with deliveries and QOL from the contract, I'd say minimum 500 bodies.

Bozo the pilot
05-14-2018, 12:51 PM

Good luck guys.
Yes-Real vacation could be 100 upgrades on its own. Hopin/prayin.

Bluedriver
05-14-2018, 01:02 PM
Assuming this thing passes. with deliveries and QOL from the contract, I'd say minimum 500 bodies.

Probably phased in work rules/vacation over many months.

Bluedriver
05-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Hopefully pay rates retro to May 11 and certainly better be fully new profit sharing for all of 2018 to be paid in 2019.

Bozo the pilot
05-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Probably phased in work rules/vacation over many months.

Months? probably over a year with the lack of staffing here.
Bonus or no.:cool:

Bluedriver
05-14-2018, 01:27 PM
And my good will isnt even theoretically available until my new pay rate is IN EFFECT.

pilotpayne
05-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Months? probably over a year with the lack of staffing here.
Bonus or no.:cool:

You guys are right. I think there has to be a bonus and I canít see how we wonít have to hire for just the CBA. Who knows how long it will take to get it all in effect. But those things not in effect cost us money so hopefully there is something in the TA for that.

FSUpilot
05-14-2018, 03:18 PM
Did they offer any insight as to when classes would be?? Generally class sizes shrink in the summer months and are less frequent than every two weeks so donít get discouraged if they donít start you until late summer/fall.

Pool email said two classes of 10 for June.. I think the same for July. Yeah they are smaller than previous classes for sure.

FSUpilot
05-14-2018, 03:20 PM
Did you get a call stating that you were selected and a class date to follow. Or just a phase 2 complete email. I was told until you get a call or email stating your selected then the phase 2 means nothing.

Call for Phase 1. Email for Phase 2 saying congrats and welcome to the pool, The hard part is over... youíre just waiting on a call for a class date.

CaptCoolHand
05-14-2018, 03:33 PM
Pool email said two classes of 10 for June.. I think the same for July. Yeah they are smaller than previous classes for sure.

That's standard summer slow down for the school house.

WingNutz
05-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Just got the call offering the June 20th Class date which I accepted. Interviewed 2-14-2018

See you guys in Orlando next month!

seekingblue
05-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Just got the call offering the June 20th Class date which I accepted. Interviewed 2-14-2018

See you guys in Orlando next month!

Congrats and good luck!

We will let yíall know about training pay once we get the final language.

FSUpilot
05-18-2018, 01:23 PM
I just got the call for June 20th as well...

I'll see 8 of you there.

March 1 interview

FSUpilot
05-19-2018, 01:39 PM
Any projections on how long it may take to get out to LGB? Thatís assuming thereís an airbus opening in class.

HB Pilot
05-19-2018, 02:14 PM
Any projections on how long it may take to get out to LGB? Thatís assuming thereís an airbus opening in class.

Don't hold your breath. With the reduction in flying out there + a couple dozen of us who started since last fall that want to be out there, it'll be a little while I bet. For consideration, last system bid (March) there were zero LGB awards.

jetpilot285
05-19-2018, 02:36 PM
I just got the call for June 20th as well...

I'll see 8 of you there.

March 1 interview

Hey any idea how many more classes they gonna have for July or Aug? Were you given option to defer your class to another date?

FSUpilot
05-19-2018, 02:42 PM
Hey any idea how many more classes they gonna have for July or Aug? Were you given option to defer your class to another date?

I wasnít given that option. I just said yes right away. They didnít say anything about July or Aug. pool email said two classes of 10 for June and two classes for July. They did say the June 20 class was only 8 now.

FSUpilot
05-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Don't hold your breath. With the reduction in flying out there + a couple dozen of us who started since last fall that want to be out there, it'll be a little while I bet. For consideration, last system bid (March) there were zero LGB awards.

Bummer... thanks for the info.

BeatNavy
05-19-2018, 02:46 PM

If the AIP/TA passes and we have to staff more, a few more pilots may be needed there. Doubtful with our reduced flying there though. IMO, more likely, if reserve and pairing construction is actually a lot better with a new CBA, a bunch of west coast guys who commute to NY for better schedules will change to LGB if their QOL/pay is similar to NY. There are a lot of PHX guys who commute to NY, a handful of SFO, some SLC guys, some PDX, and SEA, and prob others (thatís all anecdotal). If I had to put money on it, Iíd bet itíll be a while before you are driving to work. But who knows. We are in unique times with fleet reviews, potential CBA, and trying to find direction with growth. Last bid, one of the FOs who moved to LGB to backfill a bid out is in the few hundreds overall seniority and can hold captain there. No one near the two year mark got it. The bid before that I think a 2-2.5 year guy got a backfill award. I donít expect growth there. And I donít expect a lot of guys to leave there, even from the right seat.

BeatNavy
05-19-2018, 02:48 PM

I know some 2+ year guys still waiting to get out there coming from the 190 who have been eligible with their seat lock over, but who canít hold it since it stopped going as junior. Guess the list is long now. Nothing like a transcon commute...

FSUpilot
05-19-2018, 03:44 PM
Thanks a bunch.. yeah thatís what I was worried about. But, Iím going to move over to eastern PA anyways. Iíve commuted all my 121 career whatís another year, I just may make the move earlier. Iím two legging it now as well to EWR. At least thereís a red eye to JFK out of ABQ a few nights a week.

Taylor0708
05-20-2018, 04:13 AM
Congrats guys! See you soon at the lodge.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1