Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Hire Help

TheBeav
05-17-2018, 10:47 AM
Hello all,
I am a new hire and new to this forum. My class date does not start until July and I am seeking any information on resources to study that might make my transition easier. I already have an unrestricted ATP but havenít been in the 121 environment yet. All my experience is 135. Iím not looking for trade secrets just a direction to head in for some self studying. For instance I have not been in a glass cockpit for many years and that was a G1000. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

mpet
05-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Pm me your email address

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-17-2018, 11:02 AM
Hello all,
I am a new hire and new to this forum. My class date does not start until July and I am seeking any information on resources to study that might make my transition easier. I already have an unrestricted ATP but havenít been in the 121 environment yet. All my experience is 135. Iím not looking for trade secrets just a direction to head in for some self studying. For instance I have not been in a glass cockpit for many years and that was a G1000. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Hey, welcome! I would read the turbine pilots manual personally. Also practice sitting around talking to people for long periods of time while eating snacks. Learn how to hold a conversation while looking at your phone too.

TheBeav
05-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Thanks I do have that book and I’ve been in a Lear for the last two years so the rest of your post is very familiar haha a little too close sometimes!

mpet
05-17-2018, 11:51 AM
Hey, welcome! I would read the turbine pilots manual personally. Also practice sitting around talking to people for long periods of time while eating snacks. Learn how to hold a conversation while looking at your phone too.

looking at your phone while also showing the other guy/gal you're paying attention even if you aren't is a real skill

Vectorss
05-26-2018, 08:29 AM
Hello all,

Regards

TheBeav, when is your class date? I am starting in the beginning of July as well. Coming from a 135 to!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1