Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : What about LGB?

swaforme
05-19-2018, 10:04 AM
Wondering about the LGB domicile future. I see that they are moving some flying out of LGB. Is the domicile going to shrink pilot numbers? Any possibility that maybe they will open a different West coast domicile or move some of LGB to a co-domicile maybe LAX or ONT? Does your CBA have provisions for that?

BeatNavy
05-19-2018, 10:14 AM
Wondering about the LGB domicile future. I see that they are moving some flying out of LGB. Is the domicile going to shrink pilot numbers? Any possibility that maybe they will open a different West coast domicile or move some of LGB to a co-domicile maybe LAX or ONT? Does your CBA have provisions for that?

Pilot numbers not changing for now. LAX is a co base already. ONT...maybe in the future? Anybodyís guess.

swaforme
05-19-2018, 04:04 PM
Thanks, good to know.

navigatro
05-19-2018, 04:21 PM
JetBlue does not discriminate against LGBT pilots.

PasserOGas
05-19-2018, 04:46 PM
JetBlue does not discriminate against LGBT pilots.

Oh god, there is a new slogan for the west coast in there somewhere.

Bluedriver
05-19-2018, 05:23 PM
JB is probably the WORST choice of an airliner employer if you live on the west coast.

David Puddy
05-19-2018, 06:04 PM
Alaska, Delta and SWA have ample bases out West! Last I heard LGB was contracting.

hyperboy
05-19-2018, 06:06 PM
JB is probably the WORST choice of an airliner employer if you live on the west coast.

I am sure you like giving "handies" to OAL pilots out there too. Maybe it will pay off and you will score an interview from your volunteer services?.....

GuardBummer
05-19-2018, 08:53 PM
I am sure you like giving "handies" to OAL pilots out there too. Maybe it will pay off and you will score an interview from your volunteer services?.....

For a company man, I expected a little more tact than this reply from you.

BeatNavy
05-19-2018, 09:06 PM

No kidding. Unprofessional, regardless of his disdain for or history with BD. Especially since everyone knows who he is. Caught me by surprise.

antbar01
05-19-2018, 09:16 PM
Taking a stab at it, the decision to keep all the LGB pilots where they are was predicated on the predicted timely passage of any new CBA and the associated increased staffing requirements due to new rules.

Of course, thereís a reason Iím not in charge.

Bluedriver
05-20-2018, 04:13 AM

I'm still surprised you have time to post with all the handies you're giving yourself while reading the AIP Juicebox.

MAN UP! Put the AIP with Joanna's picture taped on top down Junior Chief Pilot!

Bluedriver
05-20-2018, 04:17 AM
For the record Hyperboy is trying to antagonize me into calling him so he can turn me in or threaten him so he can also turn me in to his company pilot "authorities".

Sorry little Juicebox, not calling you.

hyperboy
05-20-2018, 04:55 AM

You shoud remember this is just internet entertainment. BD delivers fake news about me everyday.....and you say?

hyperboy
05-20-2018, 04:59 AM
No kidding. Unprofessional, regardless of his disdain for or history with BD. Especially since everyone knows who he is. Caught me by surprise.

A luxury you get to hide behind everyday I do not? So he can trash I cannot because you know who I am? Expect a little more fairness?....No?

Bluedriver
05-20-2018, 05:28 AM

Ok I'll bite on the substance, which peer major airline would be a worse choice for someone who lives in LAX as the poster seems to indicate?

pilotpayne
05-20-2018, 05:42 AM

NO bluedriver is totally right on this one.

BeatNavy
05-20-2018, 06:01 AM
Someone needs to arrange a boxing match between HB+BD. Iíll bring a keg. They can duke it out old school, then have a beer together and party.

seekingblue
05-20-2018, 06:11 AM
Lot of talk of handies. Even for Jetblue pilots.

I know we all work at New Yorkís gayest airline, but come on....

hyperboy
05-20-2018, 06:36 AM
NO bluedriver is totally right on this one.

OK he is allowed to make false accusations about me but I am not him......

pilotpayne
05-20-2018, 07:03 AM

If you read it I said ON THIS ONE

Bluedriver
05-20-2018, 07:18 AM

I'm accusing you of being the worst peer major airliner employer for someone who lives in LA?

*####* you're weird!

slimothy
05-20-2018, 07:21 AM

JB is a pretty rough place for a west coast guy. LGB is a very senior, so even if you can hold it, youíll fly a red eye to the east coast, then spend 2 days flying 2-4 legs up and down the east coast, then another late night transcon. That 4 day will likely touch every hour of the day. This was one of the things a contract wasnít going to fix which helped me decide to leave.

Bluedriver
05-20-2018, 07:26 AM
JB is a pretty rough place for a west coast guy. LGB is a very senior, so even if you can hold it, youíll fly a red eye to the east coast, then spend 2 days flying 2-4 legs up and down the east coast, then another late night transcon. That 4 day will likely touch every hour of the day. This was one of the things a contract wasnít going to fix which helped me decide to leave.

Are you accusing him of touching every hour of the clock?!?

Stop making false accusations about our special Olympics junior chief pilot!

slimothy
05-20-2018, 08:51 AM
Are you accusing him of touching every hour of the clock?!?

Stop making false accusations about our special Olympics junior chief pilot!

I agreed with your point, but donít drag me into your BS with HB.

antbar01
05-20-2018, 11:46 AM
I agreed with your point, but donít drag me into your BS with HB.

No joke. Get a room, guys

Bozo the pilot
05-20-2018, 01:22 PM

Definitely true. In fact unless you live in NY or BOS, its pretty lame. Florida is too senior to ever have top QOL. If you root for the Sox or Yanks, do we have an airline for you.:D

SideFlare
05-20-2018, 05:44 PM
Very junior LGB FO here, and Iíll preface this with the fact that Iím applying to all LA based legacies... Yes, our trips suck, and yes, the future of LGB is unknown. That said, living an hour south of LGB itís hard to find a better altenative to B6. Iíd love to go to AA and jump on the Orange County co-base, but they arenít calling. Iím curious to see what kind of displacement language we get in the TA... I was lucky to get LGB out of training and driving to work is most excellent.

If you can get it, life isnít bad here. Maybe weíll eventually find a JetBlue thread that doesnít devolve to a few guys taking **** to each other. Doubtful, but we can hope. Honestly, you guys bickering makes us all seem like a bunch of morons.

Iím looking forward to reading the TA, and will base my vote on that. To those of you hoping for LGB, you never know what will happen. Iím optimistically hoping for the best, but, as many have said, the devil is in the details. My vote remains undecided.

aldonite7667
05-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Very junior LGB FO here, and Iíll preface this with the fact that Iím applying to all LA based legacies... Yes, our trips suck, and yes, the future of LGB is unknown. That said, living an hour south of LGB itís hard to find a better altenative to B6. Iíd love to go to AA and jump on the Orange County co-base, but they arenít calling. Iím curious to see what kind of displacement language we get in the TA... I was lucky to get LGB out of training and driving to work is most excellent.

If you can get it, life isnít bad here. Maybe weíll eventually find a JetBlue thread that doesnít devolve to a few guys taking **** to each other. Doubtful, but we can hope. Honestly, you guys bickering makes us all seem like a bunch of morons.

Iím looking forward to reading the TA, and will base my vote on that. To those of you hoping for LGB, you never know what will happen. Iím optimistically hoping for the best, but, as many have said, the devil is in the details. My vote remains undecided.

Life is great in LGB! If you never want to upgrade. I think itís 12 years to the junior captain

Bozo the pilot
05-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Very junior LGB FO here, and I’ll preface this with the fact that I’m applying to all LA based legacies... Yes, our trips suck, and yes, the future of LGB is unknown. That said, living an hour south of LGB it’s hard to find a better altenative to B6. I’d love to go to AA and jump on the Orange County co-base, but they aren’t calling. I’m curious to see what kind of displacement language we get in the TA... I was lucky to get LGB out of training and driving to work is most excellent.

If you can get it, life isn’t bad here. Maybe we’ll eventually find a JetBlue thread that doesn’t devolve to a few guys taking **** to each other. Doubtful, but we can hope. Honestly, you guys bickering makes us all seem like a bunch of morons.

I’m looking forward to reading the TA, and will base my vote on that. To those of you hoping for LGB, you never know what will happen. I’m optimistically hoping for the best, but, as many have said, the devil is in the details. My vote remains undecided.

We'll try to keep it civil for you so that your discomfort is minimized. :rolleyes:
Discussion and debate, at their root, are invaluable for learning. This sight may become unhinged periodically, but it's for sharing info, opinion, and ENTERTAINMENT. Lighten up and good luck in your search for a legacy.

CFDJC4
05-21-2018, 05:35 AM
Iím optimistic about us expanding out of Ontario. It has the gate space and customs that we highly need.

Bluedriver
05-21-2018, 06:20 AM
Iím optimistic about us expanding out of Ontario. It has the gate space and customs that we highly need.

I've heard both ONT and BUR have been courting JB for significantly increased service. But...

You say "optimistic":

JB (and our ambitious rumors) are very much like an exotic Grand touring sports car. We have programmed ALL the amazing destinations into the GPS. We have selected the most scenic curving roads to get to all these amazing destinations! This gorgeous glistening car is just sitting there in *your* driveway begging *you* to open her up.

You periodically try to start her up, but nothing happens. You keep trying every few months, each air show, each stockholders meeting, each State of the Airline address.

Finally after years and years of this, you start to wonder (it takes a long time, we WANT to believe) if you've been duped!

Finally you decide to play soccer-mom mechanic and open the hood, THERE'S NO ENGINE. Car doesn't even have motor mounts.

But what do I know, I've just been staring at that car in the driveway for 7 years. She's got to start up one of these days right!

####ing JB.

aldonite7667
05-21-2018, 07:50 AM
I've heard both ONT and BUR have been courting JB for significantly increased service. But...

You say "optimistic":

JB (and our ambitious rumors) are very much like an exotic Grand touring sports car. We have programmed ALL the amazing destinations into the GPS. We have selected the most scenic curving roads to get to all these amazing destinations! This gorgeous glistening car is just sitting there in *your* driveway begging *you* to open her up.

You periodically try to start her up, but nothing happens. You keep trying every few months, each air show, each stockholders meeting, each State of the Airline address.

Finally after years and years of this, you start to wonder (it takes a long time, we WANT to believe) if you've been duped!

Finally you decide to play soccer-mom mechanic and open the hood, THERE'S NO ENGINE. Car doesn't even have motor mounts.

But what do I know, I've just been staring at that car in the driveway for 7 years. She's got to start up one of these days right!

####ing JB.

Lol, thatís awesome and so true!

ShyGuy
05-21-2018, 10:54 AM

I just hope AS and B6 merge, solves that issue once and for all :D

CaptCoolHand
05-21-2018, 05:12 PM

You say "optimistic":

####ing JB.

I like the analogy, but i think the fuel is wrong. Sheís got a great motor, but the fuel is stupid low octain. Spend some
Cash on good fuel and put some attention into your mx and your drivers. You win every race.

Bluedriver
05-21-2018, 05:55 PM
I like the analogy, but i think the fuel is wrong. Sheís got a great motor, but the fuel is stupid low octain. Spend some
Cash on good fuel and put some attention into your mx and your drivers. You win every race.

True, the unrealized potential is amazing.

The problem is, I can't help but get the feeling, from years of experiential letdowns, that the rumors are intentional, but the intention is not actually there, hence the lack of motor and mounts.

Maybe one of these days something good will actually happen and they did actually have intentions after all and finally got some good fuel, but until then....

aldonite7667
05-22-2018, 05:56 AM
True, the unrealized potential is amazing.

The problem is, I can't help but get the feeling, from years of experiential letdowns, that the rumors are intentional, but the intention is not actually there, hence the lack of motor and mounts.

Maybe one of these days something good will actually happen and they did actually have intentions after all and finally got some good fuel, but until then....

Every year, itís two years away.

Bluedriver
05-22-2018, 07:08 AM
Every year, itís two years away.

Just two more years!

CaptCoolHand
05-22-2018, 07:12 AM
Just two more years!

It's growing pains...

eeeerrrr, um, i mean we have to earn our right to expand...

No, I mean we need a sweet spot.

Who wants to see my sausage!?!?

No, I meant how the sausage is made :o

Don't worry, the PEA will protect you.
because of the moat.
and we've got poison pills :eek:

Bluedriver
05-22-2018, 08:58 AM
It's growing pains...

eeeerrrr, um, i mean we have to earn our right to expand...

No, I mean we need a sweet spot.

Who wants to see my sausage!?!?

No, I meant how the sausage is made :o

Don't worry, the PEA will protect you.
because of the moat.
and we've got poison pills :eek:

We just need to get to a fleet of 200 airplanes to support widebodies.

I mean 250.

Sorry, meant to say 300....

Just two more years until it's only two more years until it's just two short years until it's only two more years until it's free beer tomorrow!

aldonite7667
05-22-2018, 05:57 PM
We just need to get to a fleet of 200 airplanes to support widebodies.

I mean 250.

Sorry, meant to say 300....

Just two more years until it's only two more years until it's just two short years until it's only two more years until it's free beer tomorrow!

Why grow in SNA when people from OC will drive to LGB?

Why would be but VX when we can buy their planes in an asset sale?

The noise restrictions actually help us.

Pull down ORD and IAD to grow the Dominican Republic.

We are doubling down on LGB instead of LAX

Our disconnected company canít figure out the rubrix cube that is California or anything west of Newark.

hyperboy
05-23-2018, 04:45 AM
Why grow in SNA when people from OC will drive to LGB?

Why would be but VX when we can buy their planes in an asset sale?

The noise restrictions actually help us.

Pull down ORD and IAD to grow the Dominican Republic.

We are doubling down on LGB instead of LAX

Our disconnected company canít figure out the rubrix cube that is California or anything west of Newark.

Agreed. Waiting for a vision from JB.

BeatNavy
05-23-2018, 05:01 AM
Agreed. Waiting for a vision from JB.

Zunum/Jetsuite X is the vision if we are to grow organically out west. Maybe ONT. Or a merger.

Bluedriver
05-23-2018, 05:25 AM
Zunum/Jetsuite X is the vision if we are to grow organically out west. Maybe ONT. Or a merger.

Agree with all. I'm still waiting for the press release saying our newly announced partnership with JetSuiteX is cancelled due to our new scope language.....................

Not gonna happen, our scope will allow this, just exactly as I said......

WhistlePig
05-23-2018, 05:40 AM

Yogi Berra couldn't have said it better

capt707
05-24-2018, 07:42 AM

Yup. I still believe they blew an opportunity in SJC.