Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Let's talk about your performance

Arliss
05-20-2018, 03:32 PM
I'm not here trying to be a douche, I'm genuinely wondering how your D0 and A14 performance is so low. Looking at the UAX performance snapshot, you're over 20 percentage points behind the UAX average and 15 to 20 points behind the next worst UAX performer at the moment (YX). I'm honestly wondering what goes on at C5 that produces these results. And, follow up question, how does United feel about these numbers?

PhantomHawk
05-20-2018, 03:34 PM
It seems odd that the UAX carrier who is partially OWNED by United is the one with this level of performance. I really don’t have a point.....I just think that’s contrary to what you would think should happen.

HercDiver
05-20-2018, 03:59 PM
I'm not here trying to be a douche, I'm genuinely wondering how your D0 and A14 performance is so low. Looking at the UAX performance snapshot, you're over 20 percentage points behind the UAX average and 15 to 20 points behind the next worst UAX performer at the moment (YX). I'm honestly wondering what goes on at C5 that produces these results. And, follow up question, how does United feel about these numbers?

If you ever fly into EWR you will understand. Literally 2 hour delays, every. Single. Day. Of. Life.

Arliss
05-20-2018, 04:22 PM
If you ever fly into EWR you will understand. Literally 2 hour delays, every. Single. Day. Of. Life.

Well hot digity I do fly in EWR. I'm EWR based with the company that gave you those nice XRs. We're pulling at or better than UAX average and we don't even really try. Republic does a lot of EWR flying for UA and their numbers are decent as well.

c402fr8er
05-20-2018, 06:38 PM
Well hot digity I do fly in EWR. I'm EWR based with the company that gave you those nice XRs. We're pulling at or better than UAX average and we don't even really try. Republic does a lot of EWR flying for UA and their numbers are decent as well.

Do 80% of your/their operations touch Newark?

Most of our delays come from Newark GDP's put on us by United's NOC.

Literally nothing we can do when ATC says you have a 90-120 minute delay on leg 2. While Republic and Express have flights out of other United hubs to negate the affect, we're kind of painted into a corner.

It doesn't take a graduate level statistics class to figure that one out.

Arliss
05-21-2018, 02:10 AM
I rarely have 90 to 120 minute delays going to Newark. Actually been a long while. Lately it’s been just a few minutes call for release deal. United gets to pick which regional flights get which flow times so maybe they’re giving C5 the worst delays, for whatever reason.

hslightnin
05-21-2018, 03:40 AM
I rarely have 90 to 120 minute delays going to Newark. Actually been a long while. Lately it’s been just a few minutes call for release deal. United gets to pick which regional flights get which flow times so maybe they’re giving C5 the worst delays, for whatever reason.

50 seaters take the hit first and Express Jet has other bases to absorb the hit.

Bring back slots and quit trying to fit 5 pounds of crap in a 2 pound bag.

MaxQ
05-21-2018, 07:11 AM

You obviously bid mornings.

90 minute delays for certain PM times are the norm, even in perfect weather.

For May using metrics under our control we are currently tracking at #3 out of the 8 UAX we compare with. (we do not use Cape Air stats so it is only 8 other carriers.)

giggity37
05-21-2018, 07:14 AM
Who has the best performance?

MaxQ
05-21-2018, 07:16 AM
Who has the best performance?

Don't know, though someone else that frequents here may know.

The format the company uses to put out our daily and month to date performance only shows our relative position in the pack.

PosRateGearUp
05-21-2018, 08:18 PM

Both XJT and RPA are large enough to report these stats to DOT. Currently C5 is not large enough to require said reporting. On any day in EWR with a GDP you will see that C5 gets the longer delay times, this comes from the SOC. The reason C5 gets the longer delays is because of the lack of DOT reporting requirements.

Arliss
05-22-2018, 05:30 AM
Ah that's interesting. When UA has to issue delays they give the worst to C5 because they can "hide" due to lack of DOT reporting. I guess that's smart then lol.

Flyhayes
05-22-2018, 11:38 AM
I spoke with our DOO the other day and apparently the DOT reporting requirements have changed (at least regarding DOT focus flights). In the past those legs could be juggled between different regional partners in order to reset the DOT focus clock. Now it's dependant on the mothership carrier.

PowderFinger
05-22-2018, 12:07 PM
Ah that's interesting. When UA has to issue delays they give the worst to C5 because they can "hide" due to lack of DOT reporting. I guess that's smart then lol.

Pretty sure that any urine poor stats on C5 were earned by C5. I will give you one thing ... You are consistent.

MGMTiswatchingU
05-22-2018, 12:30 PM
Both XJT and RPA are large enough to report these stats to DOT. Currently C5 is not large enough to require said reporting. On any day in EWR with a GDP you will see that C5 gets the longer delay times, this comes from the SOC. The reason C5 gets the longer delays is because of the lack of DOT reporting requirements.

You are correct sir. I am by SOC and just pulled up our edcts for flights and right now there is a Rochester flight with 4 hrs delay on it. Can only do so much.

PosRateGearUp
05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
I spoke with our DOO the other day and apparently the DOT reporting requirements have changed (at least regarding DOT focus flights). In the past those legs could be juggled between different regional partners in order to reset the DOT focus clock. Now it's dependant on the mothership carrier.

This is true for focus cities, they can juggle the longer delays to other cities in that case. The airline reporting overall is another story. If you go to the DOT website to look at stats there is not an option for C5. There is, however, an option for YX and EV.

N1234
05-22-2018, 04:06 PM
This is true for focus cities, they can juggle the longer delays to other cities in that case. The airline reporting overall is another story. If you go to the DOT website to look at stats there is not an option for C5. There is, however, an option for YX and EV.

About to change

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/business/airline-on-time-data.amp.html

PosRateGearUp
05-22-2018, 10:49 PM
About to change

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2017/09/18/business/airline-on-time-data.amp.html

It has changed, C5 still doesn’t meet the requirements...

https://www.bts.gov/topics/airlines-and-airports/number-27-technical-directive-time-reporting-effective-jan-1-2018

“2. For calendar year 2018, there are 18 air carriers that reached the reporting threshold of $453,130,000 in domestic scheduled passenger revenues (0.5 percent of total domestic scheduled-service passenger revenues). The revenues were measured for the 12-month period ending December 31, 2016. These carriers must submit on-time performance data to the Department for calendar year 2018.”

Arliss
05-26-2018, 09:18 AM
Your numbers actually look pretty good for today. I'm happy to see SkyPest bringing up the rear :D

MaxQ
06-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Finished May ranked #3 amongst the UAX carriers in composit performance.
Third month in a row ranked #1 in controllable cancelations. (73 days running without a controllable cancel.)

Kind of like how Continental was some years ago. Its operational performance improved for quite a while before the public perception caught up to match it.
Keep hiring enough qualified pilots and mechanics, this should continue.

Slowhawk
06-02-2018, 07:55 AM
I’m not trying to be a douche, but...

Ok fair enough let’s see what he’s got to say

What a massive douche. Been on APC 2 years and never seen someone behaving in such a way

Flyhayes
06-02-2018, 11:30 AM

So you fly for United? I would hope that mothership United does better than UAX average, after all we need something to strive for don't we?

savedbythevnav
06-11-2018, 09:21 PM
So you fly for United? I would hope that mothership United does better than UAX average, after all we need something to strive for don't we?

The hat is too tight and restricting the blood flow to his brain.

Punkpilot48
06-14-2018, 02:50 PM
Just curious saw a c5 fo walking around with only two stripes on his epaulets the other day. And it was spaced like he had 4 but the middle two were removed what’s that?

Oh and the golden touch van what's that too?

Punkpilot48
06-14-2018, 02:53 PM

It doesn’t...something about boarding more than 50 people.

v1valarob
06-14-2018, 04:44 PM
Just curious saw a c5 fo walking around with only two stripes on his epaulets the other day. And it was spaced like he had 4 but the middle two were removed what’s that?

Oh and the golden touch van what's that too?

Flight attendants wear the 2 stripes.

Golden Touch van moves us around Newark when transferring from C130 gates to the A gates, or moving us from C130 to the actual aircraft.

PosRateGearUp
06-14-2018, 05:25 PM
It doesn’t...something about boarding more than 50 people.

LOL! The amount of people is relative... Try having a similar carry on policy with all those people. Let me do some advanced arithmetic so I can tell you how many times I heard “this bag fits on every other flight...” and “...I fly every week with this bag” at the boarding door. There’s a reason they allot 25 minutes to board a 50-seater.

flying4401
06-15-2018, 03:17 PM
LOL! The thing is that you also fly out of other hubs (ORD/IAH) that have decent D0. Imagine what that D0 would look like if your system was 60%+ EWR....

hslightnin
06-16-2018, 05:48 PM
LOL! The thing is that you also fly out of other hubs (ORD/IAH) that have decent D0. Imagine what that D0 would look like if your system was 60%+ EWR....

with 24 minute turns and a ton of green tag bags

CBreezy
06-17-2018, 07:19 AM
with 24 minute turns and a ton of green tag bags

Boo hoo 24 minute turns. You think you're the only regional with 24 minute turns?

PosRateGearUp
06-17-2018, 08:11 AM
Boo hoo 24 minute turns. You think you're the only regional with 24 minute turns?

I don’t think he said that...
If my reading comprehension serves me well it seems he was responding to the comment above about being compared to mainline boarding.

MaxQ
06-20-2018, 04:10 AM
Might not last more than a day and I may be putting a hex on it for bringing it up but:

At end of yesterday C5 tracking #1(amoungst 8 UAX carriers) in the operational performance parameters that are shared with employees for the month of June.

I suspect some will still take cheap shots at us about the operation, but everyone involved can take their own satisfaction in the improvement.
For what its worth.

Will probablt

MGMTiswatchingU
06-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Might not last more than a day and I may be putting a hex on it for bringing it up but:

At end of yesterday C5 tracking #1(amoungst 8 UAX carriers) in the operational performance parameters that are shared with employees for the month of June.

I suspect some will still take cheap shots at us about the operation, but everyone involved can take their own satisfaction in the improvement.
For what its worth.

Will probablt

And still at #1 as of yesterday. Great Job.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1