Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

queue
05-21-2018, 07:32 AM
Orlando's Airport Authority Just Leaked JetBlue's Growth Plan (https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/05/20/orlandos-airport-authority-just-leaked-jetblues-gr.aspx)

*Motley Fool is an enthusiast investor publication.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

aldonite7667
05-21-2018, 07:42 AM
That’s not Kansas City!

queue
05-21-2018, 07:59 AM
That’s not Kansas City!

Also NYC's taxes and property rates are too high.....

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

CaptCoolHand
05-21-2018, 08:03 AM
Oops

MC(O)

(__*__)
(__0__)

(__i__)

RiddleEagle18
05-21-2018, 11:03 AM
Orlando's Airport Authority Just Leaked JetBlue's Growth Plan (https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/05/20/orlandos-airport-authority-just-leaked-jetblues-gr.aspx)

*Motley Fool is an enthusiast investor publication.

Th company put out an email over a week ago.... so not sure how the airport authority “leaked” it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TransWorld
05-21-2018, 01:06 PM
That’s not Kansas City!

MCO = Orlando, Florida

MCI = Kansas City, Missouri.

BeatNavy
05-21-2018, 01:14 PM
MCO = Orlando, Florida

Oh really? Thanks for the clarification, champ. Since O and I are next to each other, I can assume it was a typo. The other posts are giving him crap about it. Did you not pick up on that? I’d assume anyone who works for jetblue knows what MCO is. Thanks for helping us out though! We appreciate your relevant and useful input to our threads.

450knotOffice
05-21-2018, 01:20 PM
LOL! Lighten up man. The OP earned that. I would’ve been surprised if he or she DIDN'T two full pages of ribbing. It’s all in good fun. 😉:D

BeatNavy
05-21-2018, 01:31 PM
LOL! Lighten up man. The OP earned that. I would’ve been surprised if he or she DIDN'T two full pages of ribbing. It’s all in good fun. 😉:D

I’m all for the ribbing too, especially since this is old news and made me waste a click thinking we were announcing a new city. But TW was not exactly (or clearly?) ribbing. He likes to troll every airline thread on APC and inject his $.02. Maybe he has a sense of humor I can’t detect 🤔

queue
05-21-2018, 02:57 PM
My drinking problem has returned evidently.

http://erinconroy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Shark21.jpg

queue
05-21-2018, 02:59 PM
MCO = Orlando, Florida

Haha. Thanks for the clarification.

deadstick35
05-21-2018, 03:52 PM
MCO = Orlando, Florida

At least you got the state right.

I heard a passenger say this to a ticket agent ”Ummm...I was supposed to go to Kansas City, KANSAS.”

TransWorld
05-21-2018, 04:52 PM

I heard a passenger say this to a ticket agent ”Ummm...I was supposed to go to Kansas City, KANSAS.”

Yep, born and reared there.

P-3Bubba
05-22-2018, 06:42 AM
If we’re going to be an independent player in the LCC world then we need to expand to the Midwest. MCI OKC ICT IND CIN

I also think that JB will become less of New York’s hometown airline with a massive move of operations to MCO. It will keep a corporate footprint for political reasons in NYC but the price is right in FL. At least until the northeast wakes up to unrealistic tax and spend policies. That’s another discussion.

-Bubs

pilotpayne
05-22-2018, 07:01 AM
If we’re going to be an independent player in the LCC world then we need to expand to the Midwest. MCI OKC ICT IND CIN

I also think that JB will become less of New York’s hometown airline with a massive move of operations to MCO. It will keep a corporate footprint for political reasons in NYC but the price is right in FL. At least until the northeast wakes up to unrealistic tax and spend policies. That’s another discussion.

-Bubs

Man I have always said that.
Leave the marketing guys and lawyers up there but move all of SOC down to mco.

aldonite7667
05-22-2018, 07:48 AM

-Bubs

No enough people their that care about carbon foot print, on board recycling and electric. Airplanes.

hilltopflyer
05-22-2018, 08:56 AM
No enough people their that care about carbon foot print, on board recycling and electric. Airplanes.

What???? I think you left out a few words somewhere.

jstyle13
05-22-2018, 09:10 AM

Man someone hit the bar early today...

LoudFastRules
05-22-2018, 09:42 AM

Oh man, I love it! Santiago, is that you? Typing with your tongue again?

Airplanes!

Air Stang 7
05-22-2018, 10:48 AM
I only stopped by to say I know that MCO is McCoy too.

qazWSX
06-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Way back Machine!

Flew my Metroliner to Bloomington,IL and welcomed them to Bloomington, IL Last flight of the day. Six Pax refused to get off and asked when their flight to Bloomington Indiana would continue, they had a funeral the next morning?

Women drove from Russelville, AR drove to Little Rock and went to the TWA counter and asked for a ticket to Fayetteville. They sent her to STL and then to Fayetvillie, AR on my Metroliner She wanted Fayeteville NC, Normally on the trip we would continue to LIT but due a holiday schedule we were done. She had to rent a car to Russelville, spend the night and take the rental car the next morning to LIT and start over! Fayetteville to Little Rock was a terrible road complete with run-a-way truck pits.

deadstick35
06-02-2018, 03:45 PM
Way back Machine!

Flew my Metroliner to Bloomington,IL and welcomed them to Bloomington, IL Last flight of the day. Six Pax refused to get off and asked when their flight to Bloomington Indiana would continue, they had a funeral the next morning?

Women drove from Russelville, AR drove to Little Rock and went to the TWA counter and asked for a ticket to Fayetteville. They sent her to STL and then to Fayetvillie, AR on my Metroliner She wanted Fayeteville NC, Normally on the trip we would continue to LIT but due a holiday schedule we were done. She had to rent a car to Russelville, spend the night and take the rental car the next morning to LIT and start over! Fayetteville to Little Rock was a terrible road complete with run-a-way truck pits.

That’s happened on HEMS flights in SE Missouri — Springfield, MO and IL. It happens. On the other hand, my Mensa reject apparently spent Geography class picking his nose. KCK and KCMO are separated by a line on the map and serviced by the same airport.

TransWorld
06-02-2018, 05:40 PM
That’s happened on HEMS flights in SE Missouri — Springfield, MO and IL. It happens. On the other hand, my Mensa reject apparently spent Geography class picking his nose. KCK and KCMO are separated by a line on the map and serviced by the same airport.

KCMO was established and named before Kansas became a state. It was named for the Kansa Indian Tribe. Later, 6 small villages on the Kansas Side formed a town of KCK, hoping to grow on the coat tails of the bigger city in Missouri. It did not. It has always been lower middle class neighborhoods and looked down upon.

My father grew up in KCK. His father worked on the hog kill floor of Armour Packing Company and was one of the few who could read and write.

I grew up in KCMO, half way between downtown KCMO and MCI airport. When my parents built, north of downtown was all unincorporated, we were red headed step children and resented “Kansas City PROPER” downtown and to the south who got all of our tax revenue and delivered little services. They built before MCI airport existed.

Don’t even get me started about the Jayhawkers of Free Kansas and the Bushwackers of Slave (but not seceding) Missouri during the Civil War. Them’s still fighting words.

deadstick35
06-02-2018, 07:01 PM
I grew up in KCMO, half way between downtown KCMO and MCI airport. When my parents built, north of downtown was all unincorporated, we were red headed step children and resented “Kansas City PROPER” downtown and to the south who got all of our tax revenue and delivered little services. They built before MCI airport existed.

Near Lake Waukomis? FWIW, the general opinion of the Northland hasn’t changed.

TransWorld
06-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Near Lake Waukomis? FWIW, the general opinion of the Northland hasn’t changed.

Near Antioch Shopping Center.

My folks built in 1949. My mother, who still lived in the Northland, past away a couple of years ago at age 94. Until her dieing day she still resented “PROPER” for unfairly stealing most of their tax revenue and not providing much services.

TJBrass
06-03-2018, 04:47 AM
On more than one occasion, AA ops in ORD scheduled RST and ROC to depart at about the same time from gates L2A and L2B. Talk about a Chinese fire Drill.

Tom a Hawk
06-03-2018, 05:55 AM
KCMO was established and named before Kansas became a state. It was named for the Kansa Indian Tribe. Later, 6 small villages on the Kansas Side formed a town of KCK, hoping to grow on the coat tails of the bigger city in Missouri. It did not. It has always been lower middle class neighborhoods and looked down upon.

My father grew up in KCK. His father worked on the hog kill floor of Armour Packing Company and was one of the few who could read and write.

Don’t even get me started about the Jayhawkers of Free Kansas and the Bushwackers of Slave (but not seceding) Missouri during the Civil War. Them’s still fighting words.

I love it when I actually learn things on APC.

deadstick35
06-03-2018, 06:08 AM
Near Antioch Shopping Center.

Unfortunately that’s gone now. The Sears was the only thing left standing (like Macy’s at Metro North), but that’s now closed. I imagine the structure will go away soon.

P-3Bubba
06-03-2018, 06:29 AM
I love it when I actually learn things on APC.

History Lessons brought to you by APC. And by people like Q.

-Bubs

TransWorld
06-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately that’s gone now. The Sears was the only thing left standing (like Macy’s at Metro North), but that’s now closed. I imagine the structure will go away soon.

Should have said Antioch Crossing, which is now the replacement under construction of Antioch Shopping Center.

My mother saw Antioch Shopping Center being built. She saw it being torn down. Enough details, let’s move on.

WhistlePig
06-03-2018, 11:26 AM
History Lessons brought to you by APC. And by people like Q.

-Bubs

Q's alternative history of the universe that exists solely in his head

queue
06-03-2018, 01:46 PM
Q's alternative history of the universe that exists solely in his head

Some of us actually studied in school and don't have to be told what to think or get told our history from CNN or MSNBC.

WhistlePig
06-04-2018, 04:23 AM
Some of us actually studied in school and don't have to be told what to think or get told our history from CNN or MSNBC.

I don’t know what that means

seekingblue
06-04-2018, 05:21 AM

Queue:

Where did you go to school?

queue
06-04-2018, 10:31 AM
Queue:

Where did you go to school?

Which school - I've been at many. and, does it matter? The most "educated" people aren't the one with ivy-league pedigrees.

hyperboy
06-05-2018, 03:32 AM
Which school - I've been at many. and, does it matter? The most "educated" people aren't the one with ivy-league pedigrees.

Tommy......they are called doctors.

queue
06-05-2018, 07:42 AM
Tommy......they are called doctors.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/6000000/Scrubs-hot-guy-doctors-6049204-1024-768.jpg

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1