Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

noospherical
05-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Hey folks! New in these parts.....I'm looking to move on from instructing (3200 TT, 2400ish dual given); published my app online just over a week ago but no response yet....bad sign? Too early to tell still? Washed up? Etc?
Any input much appreciated!

Taco280AI
05-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Probably any issue with the app and they haven't seen it. Was told if there are certain errors your airline app won't make it to them. Give them a call

Poser765
05-22-2018, 02:02 PM
What taco said.

Check and make sure your medical is current in the app.

Flyinlynn
05-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Same here applied last Friday. Any idea what kind of errors would cause this? It looked like my app didnt have any validation problems.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-22-2018, 09:01 PM
Same here applied last Friday. Any idea what kind of errors would cause this? It looked like my app didn’t have any validation problems.

Try adding "world-class citizen" to the list of professional achievements; It got me the job

Flyinlynn
05-22-2018, 10:54 PM
I guess the low class citizen was not the best thing I could have said maybe I should revise and resubmit

210Av8r
05-23-2018, 04:35 AM
I also posted my app last week but have not heard anything. Admittedly, Im not quite ripe for harvest (need to get CAX and build about 100 more hours to hit 1500), but was hoping for a phone screen then interview to see if a CJO would be possible. Would make it a lot easier to feather the change from my current career into a regional if I have a CJO in hand.

Beechnutz
05-23-2018, 07:03 AM
I also posted my app last week but have not heard anything. Admittedly, Im not quite ripe for harvest (need to get CAX and build about 100 more hours to hit 1500), but was hoping for a phone screen then interview to see if a CJO would be possible. Would make it a lot easier to feather the change from my current career into a regional if I have a CJO in hand.

It will come buddy dont worry! Just keep checking those boxes as you get them completed.

210Av8r
05-23-2018, 09:31 AM
It will come buddy dont worry! Just keep checking those boxes as you get them completed.

Thanks for the encouragement. I agree, just need to be patient. The work and wait till be worth it. Compass is my top choice.

mpet
05-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the encouragement. I agree, just need to be patient. The work and wait till be worth it. Compass is my top choice.

So you're saying you choo choo choose compass

noospherical
05-23-2018, 10:26 AM
Probably any issue with the app and they haven't seen it. Was told if there are certain errors your airline app won't make it to them. Give them a call
good point thanks...just re-"updated" the app online....initially I'd failed to complete the addendum correctly which might have made me look bad, although then I went back and corrected it after a friend reviewed it for me..... also sent a follow-up email to [email protected]

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-23-2018, 10:27 AM
So you're saying you choo choo choose compass

LOL! 20 bucks to anyone who tells that to PF at a job fair booth

Poser765
05-23-2018, 11:12 AM
LOL! 20 bucks to anyone who tells that to PF at a job fair boothis that as good as being HIV positive you want Compass?

FollowMe
05-23-2018, 04:32 PM
LOL! 20 bucks to anyone who tells that to PF at a job fair booth

Pics or it didnt happen...

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-23-2018, 04:57 PM
good point thanks...just re-"updated" the app online....initially I'd failed to complete the addendum correctly which might have made me look bad....

Dont worry, we dont care how you look anymore. Found this guy on Century blvd the other day near Poser's van where he grills steaks on a shopping cart... anyway... we got this guy a CJO.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2nvw9as.jpg

noospherical
05-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Dont worry, we dont care how you look anymore. Found this guy on Century blvd the other day near Poser's van where he grills steaks on a shopping cart... anyway... we got this guy a CJO.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2nvw9as.jpg
whoa steaks on a shopping cart, do tell, I must learn this art! Help me out a bit: "CJO"? My abbreviation-talk starting going out with the end of my military enlistment.....

TransWorld
05-23-2018, 06:27 PM
whoa steaks on a shopping cart, do tell, I must learn this art! Help me out a bit: "CJO"? My abbreviation-talk starting going out with the end of my military enlistment.....

CJO = Conditional Job Offer. Otherwise known as a job offer contingent on drug test, etc.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-23-2018, 06:37 PM

Oh yeah no worries, Conditional Job Offer. As for the steaks on a shopping cart, all I can tell you is--stay away from his "Carty Asada Tacos." Its not worth it

Poser765
05-23-2018, 06:37 PM

http://i68.tinypic.com/2nvw9as.jpgsweet! I didn't even know Barry was a pilot.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-23-2018, 06:38 PM
sweet! I didn't even know Barry was a pilot.

Rofl. Well played

noospherical
05-23-2018, 09:17 PM
CJO = Conditional Job Offer. Otherwise known as a job offer contingent on drug test, etc.
Thanks much!

noospherical
05-23-2018, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah no worries, Conditional Job Offer. As for the steaks on a shopping cart, all I can tell you is--stay away from his "Carty Asada Tacos." Its not worth it
I'll certainly file that tip away for safe-keeping.....(er, I don't mean it that way)

VIRotate
05-24-2018, 04:11 PM
I have a friend who is a recruiter. I was told that they are pretty understaffed right now. FOs are being forced to fly so they cant help out. Just be patient. They havent forgotten, just insanely busy.

Flyinlynn
05-24-2018, 10:48 PM
I messaged the Compass Facebook page. They said they would pass my information along.

I hope I am not bugging them after seeing the post that recruiters are understaffed trying to keep up with applications.

noospherical
05-24-2018, 10:54 PM
I have a friend who is a recruiter. I was told that they are pretty understaffed right now. FOs are being forced to fly so they cant help out. Just be patient. They havent forgotten, just insanely busy.
good to know I suppose....was starting to figure there was perhaps no more demand for new hires for a while.....

Flyinlynn
05-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Got my answer from recruiting.

I would like to thank you for your interest in employment with Compass Airlines. At this time we regret to inform you that you were not selected for employment.

Guess it was my slow in training and resignation from SkyWest.

Well ok then Ameriflight here I come

mpet
05-25-2018, 10:43 AM
What?! Compass is denying people?!

Flyinlynn
05-25-2018, 11:23 AM
What?! Compass is denying people?!

Yep even though I am pretty sure I can fog a mirror last time I checked

210Av8r
05-25-2018, 01:28 PM

I would like to thank you for your interest in employment with Compass Airlines. At this time we regret to inform you that you were not selected for employment.

Sorry to hear. Best of luck.

BobbyLeeSwagger
05-25-2018, 03:11 PM

That sucks man, so weird. All the best

mpet
05-25-2018, 03:36 PM

Honestly it sucks but sometimes things like this happen for a reason. At awac a guy in my class washed out went to piedmint and was a captain by the time I was making a lateral move from the right seat at one regional to another. He'll probably flow to a legacy whileim at an LCC

poorflyer
05-25-2018, 03:38 PM

Ya I wouldn't worry you have the choice of any regional just keep trying and don't get down. Hopefully we'll all cross paths at a mainline airline anyways. Good luck!

Flyinlynn
05-25-2018, 10:08 PM
Thanks all down but not out :-)

noospherical
05-25-2018, 11:36 PM

sorry to hear that but glad you have more clarity and definition now.....precious commodities more and more....godspeed

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1