Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Signing bonus

maintainvfr
05-23-2018, 09:00 PM
I've been a long time reader, but first time poster. Just got a question about the sign on bonus for Compass. Is it as advertised?

Other than completing IOE, waiting 9 months and a year for the full pay out, is there any other "catch" to the bonus, or is it as advertised?

WillFlyForSpam
05-23-2018, 09:26 PM
Been hearing stories about guys leaving pretty quickly and they asked them to give the bonus back. Only ďcatchĒ I can think of. Donít forget the tax on bonuses too.

maintainvfr
05-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Is there anything that says you have to stay a certain amount of time? I'm planning on staying, but its just nice to know.

mpet
05-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Is there anything that says you have to stay a certain amount of time? I'm planning on staying, but its just nice to know.

no. if you stay long enough to collect it...

LRSRanger
05-23-2018, 11:25 PM
The way it was briefed to me, they have a "training contract" wherein if you ditch while you are in training you are obligated to pay them back at the rate of $2K/month. Once you hit the line this goes away. I imagine they had a few guys get into training, get a better offer, and quit.

I specifically asked if I would still be obligated to pay anything back if I was off IOE, and the answer was a firm no, no further commitment.

I interviewed within the last 3 months.

mcnitchell
11-14-2018, 09:32 AM
What happened to the hiring bonus Compass was advertising? I see it is advertised here on APC, but itís not on the Compass website.

Motoxer66
11-14-2018, 04:47 PM
What happened to the hiring bonus Compass was advertising? I see it is advertised here on APC, but itís not on the Compass website.

Word on the street is that it is being restructured, what that means, no one knows just yet. May get better, may go away.

mcnitchell
11-14-2018, 05:44 PM
Word on the street is that it is being restructured, what that means, no one knows just yet. May get better, may go away.

Thanks for the info.

TillerThriller
11-14-2018, 06:34 PM
I am not an official source but I thought it was lowered to 7500$. I do not understand how they get away with advertising the 17.5k though and then being like nope!

Slowhawk
11-14-2018, 09:20 PM
My buddy flew 11 months with compass, upon quitting he received a call saying he owed the company $10,000 to pay them back for training costs.

He never paid and it went away, but after a lot of threatening from the company

VIRotate
11-15-2018, 10:09 PM
I am not an official source but I thought it was lowered to 7500$. I do not understand how they get away with advertising the 17.5k though and then being like nope!

You are correct.

V22Plopter
11-16-2018, 03:58 AM
Most updated info as compared to APC:$7,500+ snack basket

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1