Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATL Stagnent?

MadDog80
05-24-2018, 09:17 AM
Is it just me or has growth in ATL completely stagnated? It blew up big initially with rumors of even getting 700 flying but now I question if it'll even be a long term base. Thoughts?

ImPilot I Fly
05-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Im guessing OO was planning on getting more of the L-ASA flying. So they put in line mx and a crew base to show they were ready. Passed the garbage TA last year which was the final stake in XJETs heart. Then when all the XJET flying went up for bid. Endeavor got most of it and all the good stuff. Things change so quickly. OO could staff all of the current ATL flying from DTW, and MSP through SBN and FWA.

zondaracer
05-24-2018, 12:34 PM
Even the Endeavor guys have complained about ATL being stagnant. The ASA flying is being wound down a lot of it is being consolidated down to ATL at the moment. Thereís still half a year of flying for ASA Delta flying. If it doesnít grow by December then thatís probably all sheís gonna be.

amcnd
05-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Itís ruffly 200 pilots for OO . Some FO openings on the bid that came out today... Still very jr and lots of guys wanting west..

hawk21
05-24-2018, 01:49 PM
Thereís still quite a bit of ASA flying yet to be transferred over.

amcnd
05-24-2018, 02:41 PM

Very true. Tons of AC still in conformance checks.

MadDog80
05-25-2018, 02:17 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone. I guess time will tell with the final winding down of L-ASA. Hopefully those guys land on their feet and get the job of their choice.

prex8390
05-26-2018, 04:18 AM
Over at endeavor the grumbles are about the same. There was hope for a lot of growth very rapidly but itís kind of slowed while they are having large New York vacancies as of late. No one is quite sure why.

E6BAV8R
05-26-2018, 09:17 AM

Sorry for the ignorant question, but are you saying some of the ASA/XJet flying is being wound down and transferring over to the OO side?

prex8390
05-26-2018, 09:28 AM
Sorry for the ignorant question, but are you saying some of the ASA/XJet flying is being wound down and transferring over to the OO side?

Not some but all; Itís being transferred to both OO and 9E because Delta pulled the plug on them. They ended their contract early, ASA supposed to be completely gone by October. AA also cut ties with ASA so the ASA\XJT CRJ side will completely disappear soon.

PassportPlump
05-29-2018, 08:39 PM
Not some but all; Itís being transferred to both OO and 9E because Delta pulled the plug on them. They ended their contract early, ASA supposed to be completely gone by October. AA also cut ties with ASA so the ASA\XJT CRJ side will completely disappear soon.

Arenít the L-ASA CR7 frames/flying going to 9E? We had a 9E higher up on our flight the other day that said just over 64% of all DCI flying will be done by 9E by 2020.

amcnd
05-29-2018, 08:57 PM
Arenít the L-ASA CR7 frames/flying going to 9E? We had a 9E higher up on our flight the other day that said just over 64% of all DCI flying will be done by 9E by 2020.

Who said they were going to be flying for DL.....

zondaracer
05-29-2018, 10:02 PM

Only 3 of those frames are going to 9E.

flydiamond
05-30-2018, 05:15 AM

the % being told to 9E is 46% not 64%. Currently at about 38-40%.

701EV
05-31-2018, 04:18 AM

prex8390, just to be clear Delta didn't pull the plug on LASA. The Chipster pulled the flying away from LASA. Chipster canceled the contract early. The LASA CRJ flying will not disappear it will be United flying.

701EV

WesternSkies
05-31-2018, 05:18 AM
prex8390, just to be clear Delta didn't pull the plug on LASA. The Chipster pulled the flying away from LASA. Chipster canceled the contract early. The LASA CRJ flying will not disappear it will be United flying.

701EV

Why isnít Delta taking Chipster to court?

amcnd
05-31-2018, 05:31 AM
Why isnít Delta taking Chipster to court?

Because Chipster holds the titles to ATL gates.....

N1234
05-31-2018, 05:42 AM

701EV

Chipster saw an opportunity to cancel unprofitable flying a couple of month early and replace it with new E175. DL loves the new product and SKYW gets a new profitable long term contract.

The price for SKYW was to open the LGA base.

Nobodies hand was forced. DL and SKYW both agreed to that.

Green Needles
05-31-2018, 06:52 AM
Over at endeavor the grumbles are about the same. There was hope for a lot of growth very rapidly but itís kind of slowed while they are having large New York vacancies as of late. No one is quite sure why.

My uneducated guess is NYC is where everyone is going because of the delay in the C series. Once those start coming online, large rj flying will be displaced and I think ATL will grow again for both of us. Then again, it is Delta...

701EV
06-03-2018, 08:33 PM
Chipster saw an opportunity to cancel unprofitable flying a couple of month early and replace it with new E175. DL loves the new product and SKYW gets a new profitable long term contract.

N1234, you're correct sir.

Have fun in LGA.

701EV

TheBlueBaron
06-04-2018, 09:49 AM

We'll see how big daddy D and the Chumpster like it when the mighty Skywest isn't able to staff all the flying that he has committed to. The ol Chumpster might regret letting hundreds of qualified crj LASA pilots abandon ship to his competitors. I know all my former ASA brethren will be laughing our arse off then. :D

Just a matter of time. Enjoy. ;)

N1234
06-04-2018, 10:29 AM
We'll see how big daddy D and the Chumpster like it when the mighty Skywest isn't able to staff all the flying that he has committed to. The ol Chumpster might regret letting hundreds of qualified crj LASA pilots abandon ship to his competitors. I know all my former ASA brethren will be laughing our arse off then. :D

Chipster feels the pressure already as evident by the latest "TA". His soft landing plan also didn't work as planned ...

But don't underestimate SGU. The have plenty of short term contract - EAS flying they can "load shed" as required ...

MadDog80
06-05-2018, 01:54 PM

Nobody regrets not taking you crusty sour LASA whiners. Accept that your time is done and your airline is gone. Either apply somewhere else or grow up, accept it, and move on. Whining and complaining like a petulant baby on Skywest forums to people who had nothing to do with your pitiful airlines demise only makes us laugh our "arses" off at you while we take your airplanes and your flying. _l_

gojo
06-05-2018, 02:07 PM
Nobody regrets not taking you crusty sour LASA whiners. Accept that your time is done and your airline is gone. Either apply somewhere else or grow up, accept it, and move on. Whining and complaining like a petulant baby on Skywest forums to people who had nothing to do with your pitiful airlines demise only makes us laugh our "arses" off at you while we take your airplanes and your flying. _l_

Except you pecker heads keep under cutting the industry and killed them that way. If you were also ALPA, and you actually cared about what was going on with fellow INC pilots their future might be different today

TheBlueBaron
06-05-2018, 02:54 PM

Notice I never attacked any Skyw pilot, but you decided to attack me. Preciate ya. Also notice that I did no whining. I am no longer with ASA and have no pony in this show. My problem is with your boss, Chump c. He could have fairly merged the LASA side in with y'all and had probably close to 700-1000 pilots not leave for Endeavor, Envoy, PSA, MESA, etc... He has done a great job of helping your competition staff their airlines.

So my hope is that Chump has committed to more flying than he has pilots for. And with the crappy deal y'all are about to vote in, that should help. Along with attrition picking (the majors like Skyw pilots) and lack of new hires. It should be only a matter of time.:D

Adios.

Dorp
06-09-2018, 08:56 PM

1%

Filler

savedbythevnav
06-11-2018, 12:40 PM
N1234, you're correct sir.

Have fun in LGA.

701EV

At least in brought the 175 upgrade time down. It'll help some folks GTFO of here faster.

VIRotate
06-13-2018, 11:30 PM

Wow...talk about having zero sympathy and solidarity towards fellow pilots that YOUR company destroyed. You sound like the type that celebrates getting more REGIONAL jets from other airlines whilst putting guys out of work. Just pathetic. 9/10 OO guys are great but unfortunately it's people like you who give Skywest a bad rap from the other regionals.

MadDog80
06-14-2018, 07:39 AM
I have nothing to do with what "MY" company does. I don't sit on the board and I don't make those decisions. I absolutely hate what happened to ASA and I feel alot of sympathy for their pilots. However, that ends when idiots like the poster above starts wishing ill will on us and our pilot group because they're bitter about what skywest mgmt did and skywest pilots had nothing to do with.

Wow...talk about having zero sympathy and solidarity towards fellow pilots that YOUR company destroyed. You sound like the type that celebrates getting more REGIONAL jets from other airlines whilst putting guys out of work. Just pathetic. 9/10 OO guys are great but unfortunately it's people like you who give Skywest a bad rap from the other regionals.

TheBlueBaron
06-14-2018, 08:30 AM

I have nothing to do with what "MY" company does. I don't sit on the board and I don't make those decisions. I absolutely hate what happened to ASA and I feel alot of sympathy for their pilots. However, that ends when idiots like the poster above starts wishing ill will on us and our pilot group because they're bitter about what skywest mgmt did and skywest pilots had nothing to do with.

Glad you told us of your sympathy for the ASA pilots. Im sure the "crusty sour LASA whiners" can see it now. Especially the ones that accept that their "airline is gone." Classy.

Reading comprehension not you specialty I see. No ill will was wished upon your pilot group. Your boss chump? Yep, Ill be happy when the pilot shortage starts causing him difficulty covering flights. Just a matter of time.

MadDog80
06-14-2018, 11:54 AM
Glad you told us of your sympathy for the ASA pilots. Im sure the "crusty sour LASA whiners" can see it now. Especially the ones that accept that their "airline is gone." Classy.

Reading comprehension not you specialty I see. No ill will was wished upon your pilot group. Your boss chump? Yep, Ill be happy when the pilot shortage starts causing him difficulty covering flights. Just a matter of time.

Again, since apparently you didn't comprehend what I wrote.. I feel sympathy for other Asa pilots. Not you. Not idiots who feel the need to come over to the skywest forum and cry. You're basically waiting for hell to freeze over. Skywest only gets bigger by the day and we're having no problem whatsoever filling classes.

VIRotate
06-14-2018, 12:02 PM
Whining and complaining like a petulant baby on Skywest forums to people who had nothing to do with your pitiful airlines demise only makes us laugh our "arses" off at you while we take your airplanes and your flying. _l_

Yep nothing says sympathy quite like that. Youíre sipping way too much Koolaid man. Youíre at a regional. Itís like arguing which fast food restaurant is best. They all suck.

hawk21
06-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Yep nothing says sympathy quite like that. Youíre sipping way too much Koolaid man. Youíre at a regional. Itís like arguing which fast food restaurant is best. They all suck.

Chick fil a doesnít suck.

VIRotate
06-14-2018, 01:12 PM
Chick fil a doesnít suck.

Can't argue with that one.

gojo
06-14-2018, 01:41 PM
Again, since apparently you didn't comprehend what I wrote.. I feel sympathy for other Asa pilots. Not you. Not idiots who feel the need to come over to the skywest forum and cry. You're basically waiting for hell to freeze over. Skywest only gets bigger by the day and we're having no problem whatsoever filling classes.

Man, how thick headed are you? You had to know that the growth promised when the majority voted in that paltry 1% raise had to come from somewhere? So yes, your growth, which youíre boasting of comes at the expense of others under the Inc. umbrella. Not very classy of you! All I can say is watch out for Karma

EFBprobs
06-14-2018, 11:44 PM
I feel like ATL RJ growth has stagnated because every route can have a full mainline jet. Even small towns.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1