Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Just a “heads up”....

Route66
05-26-2018, 07:07 AM
Well, the Supreme Court ruled in Epic Systems Corp vs. Lewis (slip op) No. 16-285 the other day. Not good for labor unions. Class action not available to those who work for a company that advises you when you come to work class action in court not available to you and individual arbitration’s are the only way to address overtime pay (for example).

Next up: Janus v. AFSCME employees. I know you guys/gals don’t care what I have to say. You don’t care which way the change of fortunes blowing. Just get paid, go home and take care of the wife and kids. Government and the courts will take care of it for you. HA!

The list of union corruption is great. More and more union leaders are being charged with illegal activities and list keeps growing. I think the DCA vice chairman’s letter should serve as a warning. Evidently not.

There is a way to fix it but, unfortunately, the boards and CnR are your only recourse at this time. I know, I know....the “union hater” is back to many of you. But answer me this.....after almost forty years of deregulation, has your union plight really improved all that much?

mainlineAF
05-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Go away you troll.

Route66
05-26-2018, 09:39 AM
Go away you troll.

Liberal answer.

EMBFlyer
05-26-2018, 06:17 PM
Look up the RLA sometime.

cactusmike
05-29-2018, 08:46 AM
What a moron. What do you want, no union? No contract? How quickly do you want to see what little we have in the way of work rules gone?

Every single work rule, every single contract item, pay, vacation, time off, rest requirements, any item you can think of is the result of over 80years of pilot unions working to preserve job quality and safety.

If you think you can do that on your own then you are even more stupid than you appear.

EMBFlyer
05-29-2018, 12:43 PM
What a moron. What do you want, no union? No contract? How quickly do you want to see what little we have in the way of work rules gone?

Every single work rule, every single contract item, pay, vacation, time off, rest requirements, any item you can think of is the result of over 80years of pilot unions working to preserve job quality and safety.

If you think you can do that on your own then you are even more stupid than you appear.

He wants USAPA and Date of Hire seniority.

Route66
05-30-2018, 04:56 AM

I’m a moron. I’m stupid. Typical leftist argument.

Route66
05-30-2018, 04:57 AM
He wants USAPA and Date of Hire seniority.

If LOS is deprived, unity is dead. Enjoy your career.

Route66
05-30-2018, 04:59 AM
Look up the RLA sometime.

The RLA is antiquated. Let me know how to get a contract with any unified job action. Legal action in the courts brought United, Delta, American and LUS pilots to their knees. Enjoy Carey’s union.

Laker24
05-30-2018, 01:58 PM
I’m a moron. I’m stupid. Typical leftist argument.

Well at least you acknowledge your shortcomings.

Route66
05-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Well at least you acknowledge your shortcomings.

An there you have it. The argument that says it all.

penaltybox
05-31-2018, 06:13 PM
An there you have it. The argument that says it all.

I guess proper grammar is for liberals too.

Route66
06-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I guess proper grammar is for liberals too.

????????????