Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : The Big Day!

GulfstreamBro
05-29-2018, 10:31 AM
Stay tuned folks. On Thursday RPA will be announcing something big at 12:30pm.

BoilerUP
05-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Reverendís wife preggers again?

tlamjaj
05-29-2018, 10:45 AM
IND is also announcing a major event Thursday. You can probably put two and two together...

stfoley23
05-29-2018, 11:13 AM
so no one knows what it is yet then?

C37AFE
05-29-2018, 11:43 AM
United is going to make Republic a wholly owned!

SoFloFlyer
05-29-2018, 01:16 PM
RAH is getting a flow to all three mainline carriers

Av8rPHX
05-29-2018, 01:39 PM
Going to be announced live on Facebook apparently. Probably something as earth shattering as Spirit's "big announcement" 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looseombi
05-29-2018, 01:42 PM
Spirit announced something two weeks ago?

njd1
05-29-2018, 01:43 PM
Okay, I'll play.

25 new 175s with an option for 25 more and a base in FLL?

Av8rPHX
05-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Spirit announced something two weeks ago?

Yeah. They did a similar teaser on Facebook about how they had a "BIG" announcement coming,told employees to show up at HDQ in yellow and black attire...the announcement was installation of wifi on their fleet.

FlyingDawgg
05-29-2018, 02:08 PM
Pathway to Frontier!! ;)

In all seriousness..... Flying some E175's for air Canada.

GulfstreamBro
05-29-2018, 02:11 PM
Pathway to Frontier!! ;)

In all seriousness..... Flying some E175's for air Canada.

In all seriousness if bedford doesnít give me a level 3 backpack with a ***** stuffed in it iím quitting

TJBrass
05-29-2018, 02:24 PM
New carpeting in the executive offices.

Av8rPHX
05-29-2018, 03:17 PM
New carpeting in the executive offices.

That rug really tied the room together

GulfstreamBro
05-29-2018, 04:38 PM
College reimbursement ?

Excargodog
05-29-2018, 04:43 PM
They are deleting the hat from the uniform?

FlyingKat
05-29-2018, 05:34 PM
Hulas is buying Republic and the new merged airline with have a flow to Air India....:D

Therealseal
05-29-2018, 06:58 PM
IND is also announcing a major event Thursday. You can probably put two and two together...

Seems like something related to a training facility

Ni hao
05-30-2018, 12:29 AM
A-380's

A350's

A330"s

Paid2fly
05-30-2018, 01:03 AM
A-380's

A350's

A330"s

C-150's

C-152's

C172's

:confused::eek:

G4IND
05-30-2018, 04:10 AM
https://www.facebook.com/republicairline/videos/10155492136226845/?hc_location=ufi

Geardownflaps30
05-30-2018, 06:36 AM
Addition to be made to training facility. Sim bays to be added.

The bonus to this is MORE quality time to spend at the Super 8 in Plainfield!! Part of the new Republic University!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

ChrisPilot1
05-30-2018, 09:32 AM

The bonus to this is MORE quality time to spend at the Super 8 in Plainfield!! Part of the new Republic University!!

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Do they really put us in the Super 8 for training? I refuse to stay in a motel that is ridiculous. Isnt this the same place that used to charge by the hour.

Bonanzer
05-30-2018, 09:41 AM

Hip Hip Hooray!!!

But free super 8 beer!

knewyork
05-30-2018, 10:51 AM
Do they really put us in the Super 8 for training? I refuse to stay in a motel that is ridiculous. Isnt this the same place that used to charge by the hour.

Not new hire training. They use a nice cambria suites. Iíve heard you can refuse S8 for recurrent.

ORD170
05-30-2018, 12:06 PM
Seems like something related to a training facility

Republic is probably buying a flight school. Recruit from local high schools, train to commercial multi, instruct, Republic FO. They will cover some of the cost of training, but you have to give them 5 years at Republic. Maybe they cover the entire cost, and you give them 10 years servitude.

SoFloFlyer
05-30-2018, 12:32 PM
Republic is probably buying a flight school. Recruit from local high schools, train to commercial multi, instruct, Republic FO. They will cover some of the cost of training, but you have to give them 5 years at Republic. Maybe they cover the entire cost, and you give them 10 years servitude.

If that was to ever happen, 10 years is pretty long. Especially with high retirements around the corner. Thatís would do more harm than good for some people

skyzata
05-30-2018, 01:18 PM
Not new hire training. They use a nice cambria suites. Iíve heard you can refuse S8 for recurrent.

Interesting. I am in Indoc right now and posting this from my room at the Super 8 hotel. My class is split between Super 8 and Wyngate.

Knobcrk1
05-30-2018, 01:23 PM
Super 8s are very underrated..

ChrisPilot1
05-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Free beer to grow that left seat belly, free yellow powdered eggs and fat ridden sausages to help exhibit that double chin, and free rat ridden dinners to help you acclimate to the other dirty hotels the company will put you in.

Hope you enjoy the extra protein on the pillows too. I will absolutely refuse to stay in that hotel for recurrent. I've been here only a few months and am disgusted at some of the crappy hotels this company puts us in. There's not a ton, but the Super 8 is a new low.

Lostboys97
05-30-2018, 02:12 PM

Its no longer a Cambria. Owner did not keep it to standards and lost the corporate name....it shows.
Its now ďIndianapolis Airport SuitesĒ 🙄

knewyork
05-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Interesting. I am in Indoc right now and posting this from my room at the Super 8 hotel. My class is split between Super 8 and Wyngate.

Sorry to hear that. I was new 3 years ago.

SevereClear1
05-30-2018, 04:14 PM
republic is buying gojet and compass, working the CRJs until contracts are up then incorporating the pilots, the TSA merger language is too weak and will cause them too much hassle they are being solf to Xjet

ORD170
05-30-2018, 05:02 PM
Free beer to grow that left seat belly, free yellow powdered eggs and fat ridden sausages to help exhibit that double chin, and free rat ridden dinners to help you acclimate to the other dirty hotels the company will put you in.

Hope you enjoy the extra protein on the pillows too. I will absolutely refuse to stay in that hotel for recurrent. I've been here only a few months and am disgusted at some of the crappy hotels this company puts us in. There's not a ton, but the Super 8 is a new low.

Just show them the requirements in the Hotel quality handbook. That should get it fixed....

hawk21
05-30-2018, 05:04 PM
republic is buying gojet and compass, working the CRJs until contracts are up then incorporating the pilots, the TSA merger language is too weak and will cause them too much hassle they are being solf to Xjet

This is more along the lines of what I have heard on the grapevine. Havenít heard anything about XJT.

Geardownflaps30
05-31-2018, 03:19 AM

The Cambria isnít a Cambria anymore. Tom drove that one downhill too. Perhaps he will start the free beer and free bottles there too?!

prex8390
05-31-2018, 05:08 AM
I canít believe no one said it yet, Iím positive itíll be a CPP with United, if mesa got one then Facebook is the perfect platform to announce this. Why would any professional company announce major changes to a company Via social media. Itíll be something to attract pilots. CPP, new planes, new bases, Alaska flying etc.

ChrisPilot1
05-31-2018, 08:20 AM
Itís a flight school for Republic lol, just got the email....
https://flywithlift.com

ORD170
05-31-2018, 08:34 AM

This will work out great for management.

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 08:47 AM
This will work out great for management.

LOL Facebook video completely crashed.

greendotplus10
05-31-2018, 08:57 AM

Well, wasn't expecting that.

C37AFE
05-31-2018, 09:08 AM
I donít know what was worse. This or spirit having WiFi. Why do they put all the hype into these announcements?!

Cyio
05-31-2018, 09:09 AM
This whole thing was about a flight school?

Knobcrk1
05-31-2018, 09:09 AM

LOL! I love the part where it says one of the benefits is a steady paycheck. So is Burger King.

TJBrass
05-31-2018, 09:15 AM
"I donít know what was worse. This or spirit having WiFi. Why do they put all the hype into these announcements?"

The Spirit guys didn't have to hurriedly vote in a mediocre TA for the benefit of those not even on property.

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 09:15 AM
This whole thing was about a flight school?

LOL yep. Had the mayor of Indianapolis and the Governor there. According to the Indy mayor this is right up there with Lindbergh crossing the Atlantic :rolleyes:

Knobcrk1
05-31-2018, 09:19 AM

We have a winner.

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 09:23 AM
LOL! I love the part where it says one of the benefits is a steady paycheck. So is Burger King.

What is even funnier is apparently Bedford suckered the state, city, airport and Vincennes University into sinking money into his little scheme. Bottom line: until Republic gets some kind of flow to a mainline partner, this isn't going to work when you can spend the same money at Lufthansa or the American programs and have a guaranteed path to mainline. Even then, it still won't compare to other careers when you consider the cost. If these guys actually get out of LIFT for $65K I'll eat my shirt. It will probably be more like $125 to 150K at least. Also someone will have to back the note if it is a loan, probably Republic, and it will be interesting to see what they want to guarantee that loan.

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 09:24 AM
We have a winner.

Advertising a cost of $65K. Will believe it when I see it.

Idontevenfly
05-31-2018, 09:25 AM
What is even funnier is apparently Bedford suckered the state, city, airport and Vincennes University into sinking money into his little scheme. Bottom line: until Republic gets some kind of flow to a mainline partner, this isn't going to work when you can spend the same money at Lufthansa or the American programs and have a guaranteed path to mainline. Even then, it still won't compare to other careers when you consider the cost. If these guys actually get out of LIFT for $65K I'll eat my shirt. It will probably be more like $125 to 150K at least. Also someone will have to back the note if it is a loan, probably Republic, and it will be interesting to see what they want to guarantee that loan.
It's 65k but that's not with a degree right? So isn't that what atp does already?

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 09:35 AM
It's 65k but that's not with a degree right? So isn't that what atp does already?

Exactly. So as things stand at present, you're stuck at Bedford's happy place until you get a degree, and I guarantee you people won't get out of there for $65K. Plus I haven't seen a video that cheesy since Jet U :p

Rahlifer
05-31-2018, 09:37 AM

I noticed that as well. It seems to be marketed as a three year program to get you through your cfi, then build hours as a cfi until you reach 1500 hours. But with no four year degree, you're essentially unhireable anywhere else.

Tpinks
05-31-2018, 09:38 AM
Meanwhile I got a 2 year degree with certificates all the way through Commercial Multi for under 30K... and the costs are still the same at the college...

FlyingKat
05-31-2018, 09:58 AM
Meanwhile I got a 2 year degree with certificates all the way through Commercial Multi for under 30K... and the costs are still the same at the college...

AND you don't owe BB squat....

bamike
05-31-2018, 11:30 AM

Where is this? Under 30K including the degree and all your training?

Speaks3703
05-31-2018, 11:38 AM
I noticed that as well. It seems to be marketed as a three year program to get you through your cfi, then build hours as a cfi until you reach 1500 hours. But with no four year degree, you're essentially unhireable anywhere else.

It seems like a good option for someone who already has a college degree though. Yes, it's basically the same concept as ATP, but it's also $11k less than ATP if you're starting from zero time. I wish there were more specific details available, especially about overage costs, potential commitments to Republic/repayment clauses, and financing options.

Fr8Thrust
05-31-2018, 11:58 AM
According to the Indy mayor this is right up there with Lindbergh crossing the Atlantic :rolleyes:

Youíve won the internet for today sir.

WesternSkies
05-31-2018, 12:10 PM
Flight school get flow though?!?

Cyio
05-31-2018, 03:15 PM
Where is this? Under 30K including the degree and all your training?
Yeah I question the numbers as well unless he/she is a veteran getting most of it paid for. The commercial multi can run 10k plus alone.

Idontevenfly
05-31-2018, 03:22 PM
It seems like a good option for someone who already has a college degree though. Yes, it's basically the same concept as ATP, but it's also $11k less than ATP if you're starting from zero time. I wish there were more specific details available, especially about overage costs, potential commitments to Republic/repayment clauses, and financing options.

But don't most regionals now have a program with ATP to reimburse 11k if you go to one of them?

Tpinks
05-31-2018, 04:15 PM
Yeah I question the numbers as well unless he/she is a veteran getting most of it paid for. The commercial multi can run 10k plus alone.
Community College of Beaver County. I was a in-state and in-county resident so tuition was very low. Maybe 2-3 grand total. I had also taken classes at night while still in high school, which was paid for by my school.

$130/hr for a 172R
Arrow was $170ish/hr
Seminole was $300/hr.
Instructor was $32/hr on top of that.

A 172 plus instructor for 190hrs is little under 31K at those rates. Since you won't be flying with an instructor every single hour, that will put you under 30K. That's pt141 bare mins. So yes, 30k is a lowball estimate as I didn't add tuition into that number, but definitely under 40k.

I also forgot to mention because I was an instate student I did have a state sponsored discount on rentals. This allowed me to fly the Seminole during my normal commercial training and essentially double dip and knock out two birds with one stone. I could have taken my commercial ride at 205 hours, but I ended up switching to pt61 because the 141 syllabus didn't call for the multi at that point. I also had access to a Cessna 150 and Mooney in which I paid 15$/hr plus fuel to fly. I used those planes for the difference of hours between 141 mins and 61.

All together though, my loans were under 35K. Now this was in the 2011 time period, so tuition may have gone up, but I know the aircraft rentals are relatively the same.

Either way, there are plenty of ways to train for less than 65K. Looking back if I could do it over again, I would have went out and bought a 150 and flown the crap off of it and then sell it once I was done.

TJBrass
05-31-2018, 04:38 PM
The thing the RJET pilot group should be worried about is the time when the Rev can't find enough kids to make his puppy mill financially self sustaining and the repercussions start to make their way into the next contract period. "Sorry, we'd like to increase to compensation, but the flight school is struggling and, well... you know.."

fortyeight
05-31-2018, 04:49 PM
The thing the RJET pilot group should be worried about is the time when the Rev can't find enough kids to make his puppy mill financially self sustaining and the repercussions start to make their way into the next contract period. "Sorry, we'd like to increase to compensation, but the flight school is struggling and, well... you know.."

Bingo.

If Republic was smart (haha) they would have focused their energy on making RAH the best regional of choice. Not by selling out their current pilot group (thanks 357, also) in an effort to sucker prospective pilots in to flying YX metal in 3 years.

Other regional CBAís are catching up, basing isnít an outstation nightmare, quicker upgrade times, defined career paths, etc. But hey... at least weíre the largest 170 fleet in the US! BEST

aperfcrcle
05-31-2018, 06:20 PM
everybody take some time and thank a YES voter for this joyous day

sflpilot
05-31-2018, 06:22 PM
Community College of Beaver County. I was a in-state and in-county resident so tuition was very low. Maybe 2-3 grand total. I had also taken classes at night while still in high school, which was paid for by my school.

$130/hr for a 172R
Arrow was $170ish/hr
Seminole was $300/hr.
Instructor was $32/hr on top of that.

A 172 plus instructor for 190hrs is little under 31K at those rates. Since you won't be flying with an instructor every single hour, that will put you under 30K. That's pt141 bare mins. So yes, 30k is a lowball estimate as I didn't add tuition into that number, but definitely under 40k.

I also forgot to mention because I was an instate student I did have a state sponsored discount on rentals. This allowed me to fly the Seminole during my normal commercial training and essentially double dip and knock out two birds with one stone. I could have taken my commercial ride at 205 hours, but I ended up switching to pt61 because the 141 syllabus didn't call for the multi at that point. I also had access to a Cessna 150 and Mooney in which I paid 15$/hr plus fuel to fly. I used those planes for the difference of hours between 141 mins and 61.

All together though, my loans were under 35K. Now this was in the 2011 time period, so tuition may have gone up, but I know the aircraft rentals are relatively the same.

Either way, there are plenty of ways to train for less than 65K. Looking back if I could do it over again, I would have went out and bought a 150 and flown the crap off of it and then sell it once I was done.

Going to community college is a great idea and it does not have to be in aviation. I know in Florida if you graduate from a community college with a minimum GPA you are guaranteed admission to a state university to finish the BS/BA. This saves a lot of money. Absolutely the best way to go these days is get an IFR 152 and find and independent instructor. You would only be renting a handful of single complex and multi engine hours. Do your CFI initial as an instrument in your 152. And then itís just a handful of hours in a single complex for the CFI single-engine add on. So now you just got your training without paying for flight school overhead and greed. You then sell the aircraft and go get a job at Bedfordís little funny farm and walk in to republic when you hit 1500. You then start applying to LCCís and mainline with a four year degree in hand.

SoFloFlyer
05-31-2018, 08:22 PM
Going to community college is a great idea and it does not have to be in aviation. I know in Florida if you graduate from a community college with a minimum GPA you are guaranteed admission to a state university to finish the BS/BA. This saves a lot of money. Absolutely the best way to go these days is get an IFR 152 and find and independent instructor. You would only be renting a handful of single complex and multi engine hours. Do your CFI initial as an instrument in your 152. And then itís just a handful of hours in a single complex for the CFI single-engine add on. So now you just got your training without paying for flight school overhead and greed. You then sell the aircraft and go get a job at Bedfordís little funny farm and walk in to republic when you hit 1500. You then start applying to LCCís and mainline with a four year degree in hand.

I second this! A lot of community colleges offer BS/BA degree so with about 15k, youíll have a bachelors in something. Your CFI initial can be done in a 172 so no need to do your CFII as your initial. Iím getting my licenses and ratings plus a two year degree in aviation and a four year degree in business for just under 50k. Be smart, but if LIFT is the only way to go, go for it.

Cyio
06-01-2018, 03:06 AM
Bingo.

If Republic was smart (haha) they would have focused their energy on making RAH the best regional of choice. Not by selling out their current pilot group (thanks 357, also) in an effort to sucker prospective pilots in to flying YX metal in 3 years.

Other regional CBAís are catching up, basing isnít an outstation nightmare, quicker upgrade times, defined career paths, etc. But hey... at least weíre the largest 170 fleet in the US!BEST
For now. Thatís likely to change soon.

Bonanzer
06-01-2018, 03:31 AM
For now. Thatís likely to change soon.

Right.....

takingmessages
06-01-2018, 05:12 AM
Absolutely the best way to go these days is get an IFR 152 and find and independent instructor. You would only be renting a handful of single complex and multi engine hours.

I won't argue with this logic, I have (for the most part) trained in my own airplanes.
With that said, I had an engine failure (and subsequent engine rebuilt) within 10 hours of buying my first airplane.

It was a major emergency (right on top of the downtown of a major city) with a happy ending.

Long story short, it ended up being what I call 'the best bad luck I ever had'.
It also was the day (I think) that I used up all my alloted luck, so now I thread *CAREFULLY* ... :cool:

Nothing comes without a risk...

sflpilot
06-01-2018, 05:20 AM
For those that wouldnít have enough money to go all the way to CFI at LIFT and donít want a loan with Bedford. I have a solution for them to be able to build their time. Bedford could get the authorization letter from the FAA to do sightseeing tours around Indy and the guys with just their commercial would fly them. Then they could be seen taxiing around IND with paintjobs that say LIFT tours the wholly owned general aviation subsidiary of Republic Airline. If he wants to enter the GA market he might as well go all the way.

Speaks3703
06-01-2018, 05:51 AM
But don't most regionals now have a program with ATP to reimburse 11k if you go to one of them?

Right, though I'd rather shave the $11k off of the tuition in the first place rather than be reimbursed for it later over time while I'm covering the interest on the loan I used to pay it, all else being equal. And I'm guessing that there's no commitment to fly for Republic if you don't take their scholarship money (which may eat into signing bonus), but we'll need more information to know that for sure. A loan you're paying for shouldn't bind you to anyone.

Rahlifer
06-01-2018, 05:55 AM
I just had an amusing thought. Seeing that we live in a hyper-litigious society, I wonder how long until Lyft files a lawsuit for trademark infringement. I can already imagine the plaintiffs argument. "I thought I was calling for a ride to Applebee's, but I somehow got signed up for flying lessons instead!!" Yes, this is the kind of random **** that occasionally pervades my thought process. :rolleyes::)

DiveAndDrive
06-01-2018, 06:00 AM
I mean.... my company didn't get sued for it, but I've flown people from ORD to Burlington, Iowa, when they wanted to go to BTV..... So nothing is outside the realm of possibility.

C37AFE
06-01-2018, 06:44 AM

Pretty sure you canít do cfi as initial anymore. Thats what I did, but at most recent FIRC in Jan they explained why you canít anymore. Sorry donít recall quite why at the moment. Yeah I do recommend doing cfi and cfi written when you take respective commercial and instrument written since they are pretty much same tests and itís fresh in your head.

ORD170
06-01-2018, 06:47 AM
Bingo.

Other regional CBAís are catching up, basing isnít an outstation nightmare, quicker upgrade times, defined career paths, etc. But hey... at least weíre the largest 170 fleet in the US! BEST

This sounds exactly like Republic management. Make no mistake their long term goal is to be able to staff a majority of pilots through this flight school. Probably will allow them to grow some through.

sflpilot
06-01-2018, 09:23 AM
everybody take some time and thank a YES voter for this joyous day

Yeah itís funny all the lifer yes voters are going to have to be the ones to stick around and deal with the whole mess because for all the various reasons mainline doesnít want them. Like others have said good luck to them in contract negotiations when Bedford says he canít match the other top regionals because the academy has to be funded.

Arliss
06-01-2018, 10:03 AM
I did the airplane ownership thing too, and it's cool to have your own plane but with that comes all the cost and responsibility of ownership. The one I bought wound up needing some work and I got back about what I paid for it when I sold it. I think I calculated it out at $90/hr or so to time build, but it would have been less if I didn't need to dump a few thousand $ into mx. Kinda fun experience, I'd do it again but only with a 6 figure income.

Boing797
06-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Hi all, not sure if this requires a new thread so feel free to move if necessary.

I just graduated with a bachelor in finance debt-free and am considering applying to Lift Academy. The $65k package from zero to hero and a CFI + FO job at Republic looks enticing. With the scholarships and/or tuition reimbursement, this is something I haven't seen other schools offer (depending on the size of the reimbursements). From what I understand, the price covers all costs and isn't a minimum but covers what is expected. I don't live in Indy, from your experience, do you think it's worth the move? Thanks!

TJBrass
06-05-2018, 10:32 AM
This sounds exactly like Republic management. Make no mistake their long term goal is to be able to staff a majority of pilots through this flight school. Probably will allow them to grow some through.

https://www.ibj.com/articles/69043-republic-airways-plans-to-churn-out-hundreds-of-pilots-at-new-local-flight-school?utm_source=ibj-daily&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=2018-05-31

TheWeatherman
06-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Hi all, not sure if this requires a new thread so feel free to move if necessary.

I just graduated with a bachelor in finance debt-free and am considering applying to Lift Academy. The $65k package from zero to hero and a CFI + FO job at Republic looks enticing. With the scholarships and/or tuition reimbursement, this is something I haven't seen other schools offer (depending on the size of the reimbursements). From what I understand, the price covers all costs and isn't a minimum but covers what is expected. I don't live in Indy, from your experience, do you think it's worth the move? Thanks!

Program was just announced. None of the pilots here have any insight into it other then what everybody else heard with the announcement and the website. Just be wary of those scholarships and tuition reinbusments as they will no doubtubly require you to sign on for longer and longer contract. Before you know it you are stuck at Republic for 10 years while your peers are moving on at 4.

greendotplus10
06-05-2018, 11:35 AM

I would approach it with caution, since it is such a new program. I did my training (zero to commercial multi) for about half that at a Texas community college, and got an associateís degree out of it too. Of course LIFT could have some elements that make its cost worth it, but we have to wait and see.

CBreezy
06-06-2018, 02:56 PM
I would approach it with caution, since it is such a new program. I did my training (zero to commercial multi) for about half that at a Texas community college, and got an associateís degree out of it too. Of course LIFT could have some elements that make its cost worth it, but we have to wait and see.

If it's a fast program, that's probably a pretty good price. I doubt you'll find anywhere cheaper that will do it in an expeditious manner. Quality of training, however, is a real question.

sflpilot
06-06-2018, 03:37 PM

I would be very careful with this part as others have said. It would be highly unusual for them to offer you whatever hours you need for a fixed price. Have an attorney look over the paperwork. Also remember you don't need help getting hired at just about any regional these days. So you could train anywhere and get offers.

Tpinks
06-06-2018, 06:15 PM
For those that wouldnít have enough money to go all the way to CFI at LIFT and donít want a loan with Bedford. I have a solution for them to be able to build their time. Bedford could get the authorization letter from the FAA to do sightseeing tours around Indy and the guys with just their commercial would fly them. Then they could be seen taxiing around IND with paintjobs that say LIFT tours the wholly owned general aviation subsidiary of Republic Airline. If he wants to enter the GA market he might as well go all the way.
That will absolutely 100% go against our CBA. The lawyers have already said they can do a flight school but anything more than that would be in violation of our CBA and would have to be flown by republic pilots.

Students and instructors are not on the republic seniority list.

Boing797
06-06-2018, 07:57 PM
Thanks for all the replies everyone. It's probably best to wait and see how all of this unfolds. If you hear anything new, sharing would be greatly appreciated!

minivan
06-07-2018, 06:08 AM
I just had an amusing thought. Seeing that we live in a hyper-litigious society, I wonder how long until Lyft files a lawsuit for trademark infringement. I can already imagine the plaintiffs argument. "I thought I was calling for a ride to Applebee's, but I somehow got signed up for flying lessons instead!!" Yes, this is the kind of random **** that occasionally pervades my thought process. :rolleyes::)

How long until Mesa starts Uber Flying Club?

GoJuice
06-08-2018, 12:47 PM
I am going to throw a crazy idea out there... IF it turns out that this LIFT Academy is a success, and Republic has a steady flow of pilots, do you think this could entice a major into starting a flow agreement? This is coming from someone who is currently trying to get into the industry so I am not well versed in how these types of moves work.

greendotplus10
06-08-2018, 01:01 PM
I am going to throw a crazy idea out there... IF it turns out that this LIFT Academy is a success, and Republic has a steady flow of pilots, do you think this could entice a major into starting a flow agreement? This is coming from someone who is currently trying to get into the industry so I am not well versed in how these types of moves work.

Problem with that is, Republic is owned equally by AA/UA/DL. A flow agreement to one airline would have to be approved by all the stakeholders. I donít see United and Delta agreeing to a flow to American!

ORD170
06-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Problem with that is, Republic is owned equally by AA/UA/DL. A flow agreement to one airline would have to be approved by all the stakeholders. I donít see United and Delta agreeing to a flow to American!

Best case for republic is a interview. Why would AA give republic a flow, when they pay their own WOs so little. The flow has a monetary value associated with it, and American is using that carat for their wholly owned regionals

TwinTandem
06-11-2018, 08:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqH5NiG_mk

TheWeatherman
06-11-2018, 09:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUqH5NiG_mk
Damn, I wish I was good looking enough to appear in those videos lol

Quarryman
06-19-2018, 07:39 AM
Damn, I wish I was good looking enough to appear in those videos lol

And rich enough to pay for it.

OffAtTango
06-19-2018, 07:53 PM
Strange how some Compass flights are now being registered as Republic flights on flightaware. Could this be a sign?!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RPA6012

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/RPA6092

Fr8Thrust
06-20-2018, 12:10 AM
Strange how some Compass flights are now being registered as Republic flights on flightaware. Could this be a sign?!

Someone has been filing this every couple of weeks since March, but said flight never takes off.

Whiskey4
06-20-2018, 02:22 AM

Didnít SkyWest already do this with TransPac/Aeroguard awhile ago? How many is that deal producing?

Liquidsky
06-23-2018, 05:23 AM
Im currently looking at this place to attend as my choices while living here in Indiana are slim when using my post 9/11 bill. There is no chance ill be able to attend Purdue although it sounds nice. With 0 flight time im stuck looking for schools who have associate degrees attached to their program or i can't get funded by the VA anyway. Even being a complete noob this place sounds sketchy. I have not seen nor heard about any contracts (as of yet) that would require to fly with them for X amount of yrs. Best thing you could hope is to stay here in Indy as a CFI and fly with Republic. In my case i have to apply thru Vincennes University which is 144 miles away. Then attend training in Indy..which is way closer. They say the 2yr associates transfers into Purdue for two more yrs if you want a Bach. All i know is right now being new im confused on who trust with my post 9/11 bill money. I think im going to keep looking for more options out of state. If you want anymore info i can try to find out. Apologies for the long post and thank you guys ive learned lots from simply standing back and reading these posts.

blindfayth
06-23-2018, 07:50 AM
Im currently looking at this place to attend as my choices while living here in Indiana are slim when using my post 9/11 bill. There is no chance ill be able to attend Purdue although it sounds nice. With 0 flight time im stuck looking for schools who have associate degrees attached to their program or i can't get funded by the VA anyway. Even being a complete noob this place sounds sketchy. I have not seen nor heard about any contracts (as of yet) that would require to fly with them for X amount of yrs. Best thing you could hope is to stay here in Indy as a CFI and fly with Republic. In my case i have to apply thru Vincennes University which is 144 miles away. Then attend training in Indy..which is way closer. They say the 2yr associates transfers into Purdue for two more yrs if you want a Bach. All i know is right now being new im confused on who trust with my post 9/11 bill money. I think im going to keep looking for more options out of state. If you want anymore info i can try to find out. Apologies for the long post and thank you guys ive learned lots from simply standing back and reading these posts.

You can do what I did: Move to Traverse City, MI and go to NMC. I was able to finish private > CFII in 12 months on the Post 911 GI Bill through their 2-year collegiate program.

Would do again. Highly recommended. This is a very veteran friendly school/town. They also have a 2+2 articulation agreement with Ferris State University and/or Davenport University if you want to finish getting your 4-year degree (to check the box for the majors later), keep the BAH rolling in, while CFI'ing as you finish school.

100% of your collegiate aviation credits transfer to those 4-year programs.

JetDoc
06-23-2018, 07:59 AM

FWIW those are American Eagle flight numbers.

Liquidsky
06-23-2018, 10:25 AM
You can do what I did: Move to Traverse City, MI and go to NMC. I was able to finish private > CFII in 12 months on the Post 911 GI Bill through their 2-year collegiate program.

Would do again. Highly recommended. This is a very veteran friendly school/town. They also have a 2+2 articulation agreement with Ferris State University and/or Davenport University if you want to finish getting your 4-year degree (to check the box for the majors later), keep the BAH rolling in, while CFI'ing as you finish school.

100% of your collegiate aviation credits transfer to those 4-year programs.

Hey thanks! This looks like a better option

C37AFE
06-23-2018, 04:05 PM
Yeah be careful with GI Bill. I got screwed with a local college flight program where they said I could finish much quicker. Ran out of GI Bill before I could finish. Note I started with only 22 months of it since I used it to top up before post 9/11 came out. I brought this up prior to signing up and they ensured me that it wouldnít be a problem... it was a problem!

Tpinks
06-24-2018, 08:06 AM
Vincennes University is on IND airfield.

TJBrass
07-05-2018, 02:51 AM
Was the rush to approve a new TA really about a flight school? When BB spoke of growth at the beginning of the year, I must have misread E175, instead of C172.

knewyork
07-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Was the rush to approve a new TA really about a flight school? When BB spoke of growth at the beginning of the year, I must have misread E175, instead of C172.

The way classes have been for the past 3 months or so may prove to be enough to grow in a few months. Our list has grown even with the same number of people leaving. It hasnít grown like this in years. They might feel safe growing late in the year when flying slows and before next years busy season.

TJBrass
07-05-2018, 10:20 AM
Is there anymore growth to be had? With SKYW trading out CRJs for 175s and moving east to take over XJET flying, there aren't any opportunities for "Big RJs". Unless BB starts buying e145s to fly for UA, where wold new flying come from?

FlyingDawgg
07-05-2018, 12:23 PM
BB should make a deal with Frontier on the E145. Oh wait....

ORD170
07-05-2018, 04:02 PM

With a flow to F9 after 2 years as a captain. Great deal!!!

Bonanzer
07-07-2018, 09:39 AM
Is there anymore growth to be had? With SKYW trading out CRJs for 175s and moving east to take over XJET flying, there aren't any opportunities for "Big RJs". Unless BB starts buying e145s to fly for UA, where wold new flying come from?

AA scope has 50-65 seaters in the same category. My guess is the next round of rjís will be a special configuration 175 for AA. United and Delta are scoped out.

FlyingKat
07-08-2018, 02:41 AM

SHHHhh....that is the big deal on FOs desk to save Trans States and the STL base.....

FlyingKat
07-08-2018, 08:37 PM
TSA crew checking into the Best Western in HSV had Republic Airlines under the "Bill To" column on the bill for their rooms tonight.

SoFloFlyer
07-08-2018, 08:41 PM
TSA crew checking into the Best Western in HSV had Republic Airlines under the "Bill To" column on the bill for their rooms tonight.

👀👀👀

...filler...

idlethrust
07-14-2018, 03:14 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Coincidence or maybe something is a brewiní

4V14T0R
07-14-2018, 03:40 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Coincidence or maybe something is a brewiní

🧐[emoji849]

FlyingDawgg
07-15-2018, 09:58 AM
Heard from a few people that they just got the Republic rate. But......

Swakid8
07-15-2018, 02:11 PM

You can look into Southern Illinois University, knocked out my flight training in 2 years but came in with prior college though.

OffAtTango
07-16-2018, 06:59 AM
www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/889c1a17-ad9c-46b8-a5a6-be3a28a80d67

Let's see who gets these new 175's.

Tigflt17
07-16-2018, 03:28 PM
www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/889c1a17-ad9c-46b8-a5a6-be3a28a80d67

Let's see who gets these new 175's.

Well it says in the article that they are replacing 25 CRJ700s. Looking at operators, GoJet has 25 CRJ700 which are owned by TSH, setting up the possibility of a merger as everyone is rumoring

DiveAndDrive
07-16-2018, 08:38 PM
Just to fuel the merger rumor... isnít RAH owned, IN PART, by United (and actually IN PART by all three majors?)?

Whatís there to say UA/YX didnít have a meeting that said ďweíre buying TSH, and G7 is going away, so you might want to figure out how to cover their lift for youĒ.

This is far fetched and only MY interpretation of events going on. Literally have no information, so take this for what itís worth. I just got done with a long day of flying and pondering the meaning of the universe. :p

TSAís 145s go to ExpressJet (see: UA investing into ExpressJet a few months ago). The AA planes go to PDT/ENY.

G7ís DL planes go to EDV/SKW. The UA planes go to SKW/AWI, IF AWI can figure out staffing and their contract. I know this is a BIG ďifĒ. But they did just break ground on a multi million dollar facility in ATW that can hold ď4 CRJ 200s, or 3 larger RJsĒ. Since ZW is privately owned, I canít see their owners pouring money down the drain if they donít have something up the sleeve. Theyíd try to get out with as much money as possible. Plus, ZW is getting more and more routes out of DEN, with a rumored DEN hub...

CPZ gets merged into RPA for planes/pilots/routes.

This would give RPA more pilots and a recruiting tool to help with their staffing as the shortage gets worse. This could also potentially help with DLís goal of getting down to ď3 connection carriersĒ. Iíve heard rumors of DL wanting their 3 Connection carriers to operate CRJs and Ejets. So maybe.. just maybe... G7 gets merged into RPA and CPZ goes to EDV. That would give SKW, RPA, and EDV all CRJs and ERJs. Plus, Delta owns a portion of RAH, I believe.

I donít know anything. Itís late at night and Iím tired. But this is my bet. 🤷🏻*♂️

Tigflt17
07-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Just to fuel the merger rumor... isnít RAH owned, IN PART, by United (and actually IN PART by all three majors?)?

Whatís there to say UA/YX didnít have a meeting that said ďweíre buying TSH, and G7 is going away, so you might want to figure out how to cover their lift for youĒ.

This is far fetched and only MY interpretation of events going on. Literally have no information, so take this for what itís worth. I just got done with a long day of flying and pondering the meaning of the universe. :p

TSAís 145s go to ExpressJet (see: UA investing into ExpressJet a few months ago). The AA planes go to PDT/ENY.

G7ís DL planes go to EDV/SKW. The UA planes go to SKW/AWI, IF AWI can figure out staffing and their contract. I know this is a BIG ďifĒ. But they did just break ground on a multi million dollar facility in ATW that can hold ď4 CRJ 200s, or 3 larger RJsĒ. Since ZW is privately owned, I canít see their owners pouring money down the drain if they donít have something up the sleeve. Theyíd try to get out with as much money as possible. Plus, ZW is getting more and more routes out of DEN, with a rumored DEN hub...

CPZ gets merged into RPA for planes/pilots/routes.

This would give RPA more pilots and a recruiting tool to help with their staffing as the shortage gets worse. This could also potentially help with DLís goal of getting down to ď3 connection carriersĒ. Iíve heard rumors of DL wanting their 3 Connection carriers to operate CRJs and Ejets. So maybe.. just maybe... G7 gets merged into RPA and CPZ goes to EDV. That would give SKW, RPA, and EDV all CRJs and ERJs. Plus, Delta owns a portion of RAH, I believe.

I donít know anything. Itís late at night and Iím tired. But this is my bet. 🤷🏻*♂️

And also, Republic did just remove the "class limit" restriction. Sort of makes sense.

SoFloFlyer
07-16-2018, 08:56 PM
And also, Republic did just remove the "class limit" restriction. Sort of makes sense.

ďClass LimitĒ?

Tigflt17
07-16-2018, 09:33 PM
ďClass LimitĒ?

Classes were restricted at 30 up until this month.

DiveAndDrive
07-17-2018, 06:08 AM
And it could also explain the LIFT academy. Either way.. the academy is designed to have a pipeline of people flow to RPA. Maybe this is ACTUALLY positioning them to staff for increased flying that they donít believe they can naturally staff otherwise?

VASBYT
07-17-2018, 06:09 AM

GREAT! If thatís the case, I am assuming having a larger class will affect the training footprint timeline? If they were limited to 30, it seems that the average 3 months from from Indoc-IOE was the norm. This is of the reasons why I chose RAH to begin with.

Purplez
07-17-2018, 06:24 AM
Firm order 100 E175, 100 options. Just placed.

Blackhawk
07-17-2018, 06:30 AM
Firm order 100 E175, 100 options. Just placed.

Link? Link? I have to type it twice.

Purplez
07-17-2018, 06:36 AM
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/69018-embraer-lands-seven-new-regional-jet-orders

knewyork
07-17-2018, 06:45 AM
One company paying hotel rooms for another hardly seems like how a merger/acq would start. Itís more reasonable to assume Republic bought a block of rooms and TSA needed some, so they did an easy transaction. There will be mergers soon no doubt but even if itís rpa-tsa, I still think this has nothing to do with it.

TJBrass
07-17-2018, 08:39 AM
They also had orders and options for the C-series.

SoFloFlyer
07-17-2018, 08:45 PM

Ohh got it

FlyingKat
07-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Heard a rumor today that a bunch of people in management are leaving by the end of the year at TSA. Could be another indication that something is happening.

FlyingKat
08-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Looks like this may finally be happening....

https://theaircurrent.com/airlines/republic-airways-is-nearing-a-deal-to-buy-trans-states/

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1