Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Need advise on new headset

diego5614
05-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Im a student pilot and fly a C172r, My DC h10-30s have been giving me problems so I decided its time for a new headset. I've been looking at Lightspeed ZULU 3 and the DC PRO-X. I'm personally starting to really like the DC PRO- X because of how light and compact they are. The only thing im worried about is the fact that its an On the ear headset rather than the cup design that the ZULU 3 have. However, I've also heard that it will work just fine in the Cessna with its noise cancellation. What do you guys think? Have you heard of pilots in cessnas or pipers that use the DC PRO-X?

Twest130
06-06-2018, 02:00 PM
Have you looked at the DC One-X. They are about the same as the Pro-X but sit over the ear like the Zulu 3.

JohnBurke
06-06-2018, 04:21 PM
It's advice.

Buy Bose.

Twest130
06-07-2018, 01:50 PM
If you want to be a little more budget friendly I'm using the Lightspeed Sierra and its good for GA.

bklynbacon
06-09-2018, 07:29 AM
I would say go with the DC One-X (which I currently wear as a student pilot) or the Bose A20. Those are the top choices for good reason. The Pro-X is more for turbine jet aircraft with quieter flight decks.