Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

noospherical
05-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Hey folks I'm just at the beginnings of my experience with this area of the industry ....curious about whether it's commonly done/not done to line up interviews with more than one airline, whether to pick the best option made available to the applicant or just in case not all of them go well enough to result in an offer....thoughts? I kindly thank you guys in advance!

mpet
05-30-2018, 03:29 PM
Very common and expected now that pilots have our pick

Space Ranger
05-30-2018, 03:34 PM
Hey folks I'm just at the beginnings of my experience with this area of the industry ....curious about whether it's commonly done/not done to line up interviews with more than one airline, whether to pick the best option made available to the applicant or just in case not all of them go well enough to result in an offer....thoughts? I kindly thank you guys in advance!

Sometimes itís hard to determine company culture, morale, pilot group, etc. from the brochures and shiny ejet emails. You can however get a pretty good feel for the company in an interview. Interview with your top few and go from there. Anybody who takes issue with that in this hiring climate should raise a red flag.

VIRotate
05-30-2018, 04:32 PM
You should definitely do it. CPZ was the first out of 5 I interviewed with.

poorflyer
05-30-2018, 06:59 PM
Hell most regionals now a days pay for a hotel and positive space you to the interview. You could knock out all the regionals in just under a couple weeks.

mpet
05-31-2018, 02:47 PM
I've interviewed at 4 airlines now and didn't get the job at any of them. Showed up to orientation at compass looking like I belonged and have kept up the facade since. Good luck with your interviews

noospherical
06-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Very common and expected now that pilots have our pick
thanks makes sense!

noospherical
06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
Sometimes itís hard to determine company culture, morale, pilot group, etc. from the brochures and shiny ejet emails. You can however get a pretty good feel for the company in an interview. Interview with your top few and go from there. Anybody who takes issue with that in this hiring climate should raise a red flag.
I tend to agree thanks

noospherical
06-04-2018, 01:16 PM
You should definitely do it. CPZ was the first out of 5 I interviewed with.
thanks for the encouragement!

noospherical
06-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Hell most regionals now a days pay for a hotel and positive space you to the interview. You could knock out all the regionals in just under a couple weeks.
very ambitious!

noospherical
06-04-2018, 01:18 PM
I've interviewed at 4 airlines now and didn't get the job at any of them. Showed up to orientation at compass looking like I belonged and have kept up the facade since. Good luck with your interviews
good advice....thanks sir