Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Billy738
05-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Is skywest taking over in LGA for delta connection opeRated by republic?

zondaracer
05-31-2018, 11:39 AM
Well, SkyWest is definitely increasing its presence in LGA on the DL side very quickly, and it is mostly staffed with ORD crews at the moment. To get those ORD crews to LGA, SkyWest is operating many of the ORD-LGA flights.

saxman66
05-31-2018, 01:18 PM
I can't remember the exact number, but I think 30 ERJ-175SC's are going to be doing Delta flight out of NYC. I think it's more likely replacing DL ExpressJet flying out there. I'm not sure how big LGA is suppose to be, pilot wise but I think the flying will be staffed by both ORD and LGA pilots. They are going to have trouble staffing LGA I believe. For June there are mainly flights to ORD, BNA, CLT, PIT, RDU, and BOS thrown in there. There's even a few legs to JFK, as well, from those cities.

hawk21
05-31-2018, 01:27 PM
No weíre taking over XJT.

701EV
05-31-2018, 03:18 PM
Well, SkyWest is definitely increasing its presence in LGA on the DL side very quickly, and it is mostly staffed with ORD crews at the moment. To get those ORD crews to LGA, SkyWest is operating many of the ORD-LGA flights.

SkyWest is taking over the ExpressJet flying. I think it was about 70 flights a day.

701EV

calmwinds
05-31-2018, 05:07 PM
The SkyWest website shows a LGA base but doesnít show seniority for the base. Are they have trouble staffing LGA? I know Envoy is.

N1234
05-31-2018, 05:27 PM
The SkyWest website shows a LGA base but doesnít show seniority for the base. Are they have trouble staffing LGA? I know Envoy is.

No trouble - it is small for now .... but people are planning on going there in the fall.

saxman66
05-31-2018, 05:31 PM

Almost every one based there now is still in training. Only 2 crews are there for June. A few more for July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calmwinds
05-31-2018, 05:38 PM
Almost every one based there now is still in training. Only 2 crews are there for June. A few more for July.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two crews. 4 pilots and 4 FAís? Okay, not really a base yet. They are going to have 30 Ejets there with 8 people and a few more for July? The stats donít add up.

zondaracer
05-31-2018, 06:06 PM
SkyWest is taking over the ExpressJet flying. I think it was about 70 flights a day.

701EV

Yes thatís true. My point was that Republic did the ORD-LGA shuttle and now the flying is being shuffled around so that SkyWest can crew the LGA operation from ORD, hence why Republic guys may see a shift in the flying.

hawk21
05-31-2018, 08:11 PM
Two crews. 4 pilots and 4 FAís? Okay, not really a base yet. They are going to have 30 Ejets there with 8 people and a few more for July? The stats donít add up.

Theyíre smart and know they wonít get a lot of people wanting to be based there at an airline called SkyWest.

Cefiro
05-31-2018, 08:34 PM

There are more crews than that based there. 2 lines and the rest are reserves. At least for now majority of the flying is crewed out of ORD with reserves at LGA for IROPS.

zondaracer
05-31-2018, 11:03 PM

It is growing to 14 crews with the rest of the manning coming from ORD, as others have stated.

saxman66
06-01-2018, 07:03 AM

As I said before, most of the pilots are still in training, either new hire or coming over from the CRJ. All 30 planes aren't even on property yet either. The base will grow as more planes are delivered and more pilots get through training. In the mean time the base is staffed by ORD doing the shuttle flights or some deadheading.

KSCessnaDriver
06-01-2018, 08:10 AM

Outstation basing, it works so well for a NY operation...