Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Billy738
05-31-2018, 11:04 AM
Is skywest taking over a lot of deltas flying in LGA?

Blackhawk
05-31-2018, 11:11 AM

That’s been going on for a while. You will be assimilated or destroyed.

Viking6
05-31-2018, 11:28 AM
And ORD as well. I believe republic is shifting more flying out of ORD to the outstations.

fortyeight
05-31-2018, 12:46 PM
And ORD as well. I believe republic is shifting more flying out of ORD to the outstations.

Idk why anyone would come to Republic anymore unless they want to be based in Columbus or Indianapolis.

TJBrass
05-31-2018, 01:12 PM
Idk why anyone would come to Republic anymore unless they want to be based in Columbus or Indianapolis.

You can work at the flight school on your days off.

AimHigh1
05-31-2018, 02:56 PM

Hahahaha :D That was good.

ORD170
05-31-2018, 02:56 PM

Curious if you guys will be staffing the flight school through the training department or off the street CFIs. I thought the CBA was pretty clear on pilots on the seniority list flying company aircraft.

Tpinks
05-31-2018, 03:35 PM
Curious if you guys will be staffing the flight school through the training department or off the street CFIs. I thought the CBA was pretty clear on pilots on the seniority list flying company aircraft.

EXACTLY

filler

sflpilot
05-31-2018, 06:39 PM

Omg! That would be so embarrassing and probably not legal for flight time limits.

TheWeatherman
05-31-2018, 07:04 PM
Omg! That would be so embarrassing and probably not legal for flight time limits.
It would be perfectly legal for Republic pilots who are still current with the CFI. However, flight time limits would still apply so it wouldn't really solve Republic's problem as any time working as a CFI would subtract their available time to fly Part 121.

TJBrass
06-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Washing planes doesn't count against 117.

idlethrust
06-01-2018, 04:23 PM

Skywest is taking a lot of flying right now. Ask ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin and Commutair

Geardownflaps30
06-01-2018, 04:30 PM

Oh for gawd’s sake. This is ridiculous. Anyone who has done this for any length of time time knows Delta constantly shifts flying around. Republics Delta hours have actually gone up. BUT the flying is shifting out of ORD to IAH for the upcoming base. With 60% of IAH flying being for the DL code share and no new planes, it had to come from somewhere!!! A bit of DL LGA flying has shifted to BOS as DL changes BOS to a hub in 2019.

Geardownflaps30
06-01-2018, 04:31 PM
It would be perfectly legal for Republic pilots who are still current with the CFI. However, flight time limits would still apply so it wouldn't really solve Republic's problem as any time working as a CFI would subtract their available time to fly Part 121.

It would NOT be legal per the current PWA...

TheWeatherman
06-01-2018, 06:47 PM
It would NOT be legal per the current PWA...
FAA legal

Tring
06-01-2018, 08:47 PM
When I read APC I feel like I need to take a shower afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geardownflaps30
06-02-2018, 02:41 AM
FAA legal

Not legal per union contract. Period.

TheWeatherman
06-02-2018, 05:08 AM

Are the police going to come and arrest you? Is the FAA going to take away your license? Nothing illegal about it. Now would it violate any union agreement? That’s a different story. My original statement still stands.

Rahlifer
06-02-2018, 07:23 AM

You know damn well the CBA is not legally binding in any way, shape or form. It’s more like, “guidelines”.

sflpilot
06-02-2018, 08:22 AM
Skywest is taking a lot of flying right now. Ask ExpressJet, Air Wisconsin and Commutair

The flying doesn't belong to the regional. Mainline can put it where they want.

idlethrust
06-02-2018, 11:33 AM
The flying doesn't belong to the regional. Mainline can put it where they want.

Only if the performance metrics of the contract are not being met, then they can play musical chairs with the flying.

sflpilot
06-04-2018, 03:39 AM
Only if the performance metrics of the contract are not being met, then they can play musical chairs with the flying.

Maybe so, but if mainline wants to they can find multiple ways to screw you. They are exponentially more powerful than any regional. The title of this thread says it all. People like to get comfortable at a regional and you shouldn’t.

TheWeatherman
06-04-2018, 07:19 AM
Maybe so, but if mainline wants to they can find multiple ways to screw you. They are exponentially more powerful than any regional. The title of this thread says it all. People like to get comfortable at a regional and you shouldn’t.
I think the Majors are finding the days of treating Regionals like the red headed step child are coming to an end. They are going to need us more and more as this shortage increases. And the Regional (non WO) that can attract the most pilots will be able to pick and choose which flying they want to do. I can see somebody with an ego as big as BB to tell Delta to go pound sand if they ask us to take that flying back.

Crown
06-04-2018, 08:27 AM
I think the Majors are finding the days of treating Regionals like the red headed step child are coming to an end. They are going to need us more and more as this shortage increases. And the Regional (non WO) that can attract the most pilots will be able to pick and choose which flying they want to do. I can see somebody with an ego as big as BB to tell Delta to go pound sand if they ask us to take that flying back.

considering Delta is moving more and more flying in-house, you may want to rethink your statement

TheWeatherman
06-04-2018, 09:48 AM
considering Delta is moving more and more flying in-house, you may want to rethink your statement
Good, that means more mainline jobs.

OffAtTango
06-04-2018, 09:54 AM
VP of flight ops mentioned that Republic is repainting their generic "Republic Airways" E170's. They will apply the Delta Connection paint job to cover more Delta flying in Houston.

cf105
06-04-2018, 12:34 PM
considering Delta is moving more and more flying in-house

Any factual numbers for that? Republic's DL flying keeps increasing every months and I'm sure its the case for Skywest too.

Geardownflaps30
06-05-2018, 07:43 AM
Any factual numbers for that? Republic's DL flying keeps increasing every months and I'm sure its the case for Skywest too.

While the XJT flying winds down. Finished in Oct.

Tpinks
06-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Part 117 only counts hours flown at a certificated operation(s). My interpretation of this is a 141 Flight school would count towards flight time limits. Pt 61 instruction or any other commercial flying (skydivers, banners, survey, etc) does not count towards flight hour limits, this is fact.

However, republic does not allow outside commercial flying...

BosoxH60
06-11-2018, 10:30 AM
Part 117 only counts hours flown at a certificated operation(s). My interpretation of this is a 141 Flight school would count towards flight time limits. Pt 61 instruction or any other commercial flying (skydivers, banners, survey, etc) does not count towards flight hour limits, this is fact.

However, republic does not allow outside commercial flying...

Except 121.471(a) says
no flight crewmember may accept an assignment for flight time in scheduled air transportation or in other commercial flying if that crewmember’s total flight time in all commercial flying will exceed—

(Emphasis mine).

If you’re doing commercial flying, it counts against your 1,000 annual/100 monthly etc. hours.

Tpinks
06-11-2018, 10:01 PM
Except 121.471(a) says

(Emphasis mine).

If you’re doing commercial flying, it counts against your 1,000 annual/100 monthly etc. hours.

No it doesn't!

You need to read all of pt121 subpart Q, not just the part with the limits. It only applies to part 121 cargo operations now as they are not required to operate under 117, however they can opt in if they want to.

Part 117 strictly controls the flight time limits for passenger airlines. ALPA has even said it themselves with their 117 guides that only certificated flying counts towards 121 limits under pt 117.

§121.470 Applicability.
This subpart prescribes flight time limitations and rest requirements for domestic all-cargo operations, except that:

(a) Certificate holders conducting operations with airplanes having a passenger seat configuration of 30 seats or fewer, excluding each crewmember seat, and a payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less, may comply with the applicable requirements of §§135.261 through 135.273 of this chapter.

(b) Certificate holders conducting scheduled operations entirely within the States of Alaska or Hawaii with airplanes having a passenger seat configuration of more than 30 seats, excluding each crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of more than 7,500 pounds, may comply with the requirements of this subpart or subpart R of this part for those operations.

(c) A certificate holder may apply the flightcrew member flight time and duty limitations and requirements of part 117 of this chapter. A certificate holder may choose to apply part 117 to its—

cf105
06-13-2018, 11:39 AM
While the XJT flying winds down. Finished in Oct.

They gave the XJT business to RAH, Skywest and of course Endeavor. Too many "regionals", the Legacies are consolidating into less regional, not less regional flying.

Geardownflaps30
06-13-2018, 06:00 PM
They gave the XJT business to RAH, Skywest and of course Endeavor. Too many "regionals", the Legacies are consolidating into less regional, not less regional flying.

I didn’t say anything to suggest otherwise.

zondaracer
06-20-2018, 06:07 AM
VP of flight ops mentioned that Republic is repainting their generic "Republic Airways" E170's. They will apply the Delta Connection paint job to cover more Delta flying in Houston.

GoJet has 22 70-Seat aircraft and Delta just announced that they are purchasing 20 CRJ900s in a 90 seat configuration. Not saying that they are directly related but they might be.

knewyork
06-20-2018, 05:04 PM
GoJet has 22 70-Seat aircraft and Delta just announced that they are purchasing 20 CRJ900s in a 90 seat configuration. Not saying that they are directly related but they might be.

They are 70 seats. Can’t be 90. Maybe a typo.

zondaracer
06-20-2018, 05:13 PM
They are 70 seats. Can’t be 90. Maybe a typo.

Yeah typo thanks. I meant 70 seats.