Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Has training picked backed up?

cloudsurfer8
05-31-2018, 05:14 PM
I went for the interview about 3.5 months ago and signed the conditional offer about 2.5 months ago and still haven't got a notice to start training. Does anyone have an idea when the training will roughly start going again ? I know a few classes just finished so I was curious if anyone has heard anything new. I been trying to be patient but don't know how much longer to wait. Flight instructor salary is not the best to live off of.

Seaplane
05-31-2018, 05:19 PM
I went for the interview about 3.5 months ago and signed the conditional offer about 2.5 months ago and still haven't got a notice to start training. Does anyone have an idea when the training will roughly start going again ? I know a few classes just finished so I was curious if anyone has heard anything new. I been trying to be patient but don't know how much longer to wait. Flight instructor salary is not the best to live off of.

The envoy shop has sailed if your not a cadet or Direct entry captain. Youíre just an average fish in the pond now. Look at PSA if you want a class date sooner. Go to the first one that offers hard start date.

cloudsurfer8
05-31-2018, 05:32 PM
So you don't think it's a good idea to keep being patient ?

FullThrust
05-31-2018, 05:45 PM

If you have options that donít involve Mesa, I would pursue those.

Jamesthunder
05-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Couple friends of mine just got picked up at Piedmont, class at the end of the month. CTP somewhere in the middle.

Excargodog
05-31-2018, 06:34 PM
Typically, the majors start their biggest new hire classes off in the fall, after summer flying season. I would imagine the classes will start picking up when the guys getting CJOs give their notice.

Seaplane
05-31-2018, 06:51 PM

Donít put all your eggs with envoy. PSA has a flow and the CRJs are good planes to fly. If they give you an earier date then take it. If not then wait for envoy and PSA. First call you go.

Cyio
06-01-2018, 02:53 AM
Iím not sure I would jump ship just willy nilly. Give the recruiting department a call and see what they say. Let them know you are considering other offers.

If they still wonít help than off you go. I do however think things are going to ramp back up again o we the next few months.

NoValueAviator
06-02-2018, 04:17 AM
If paying the bills is priority number one you'd be silly to come here anyway. The new 3 mo. commuter hotel deal is amazing, but once you burn through that if you want to stay in hotels in NYC you'll be using your savings (bonus?) to pay to work here. Otherwise, it's crash pads to get nibbled on by those big east coast roaches in your sleep.

EmbaeDriver
06-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Call a recruiter

Hockeyjr1
06-05-2018, 06:58 PM
Well I can get a little confirmation on this subject. I applied today and within an hr I got a reply saying I do qualify for a first officer position however due to competitive applications they are unable to interview me at this time. Looks like PSA and Republic are back on the table now. I donít have any 121 time nor am I part of any RTP course also just FYI. I did have 700 hrs multi and a referal from a CA.

EmbaeDriver
06-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Well I can get a little confirmation on this subject. I applied today and within an hr I got a reply saying I do qualify for a first officer position however due to competitive applications they are unable to interview me at this time. Looks like PSA and Republic are back on the table now. I donít have any 121 time nor am I part of any RTP course also just FYI. I did have 700 hrs multi and a referal from a CA.

That means they didnít wanted you because theyíre giving interviews but no class dates yet.

NoValueAviator
06-06-2018, 05:00 AM
That means they didnít wanted you because theyíre giving interviews but no class dates yet.

Sounds like they didn't give him an interview. Hiring freeze.

So much for the pilot shortage. Imagine what would happen if they got rid of the 1500 hour rule.

Whiskey4
06-06-2018, 05:02 PM
Sounds like they didn't give him an interview. Hiring freeze.

So much for the pilot shortage. Imagine what would happen if they got rid of the 1500 hour rule.

I wouldnít necessarily say this is a hiring freeze. It appears that new hire classes are still happening pretty regularly. I think that the whole ďpipeline to a career at AAĒ thing seems to be working. Start as an AA Cadet, Envoy Cadet, RTP, whatever...and end up at AA. That seems to be what AAG has been trying to create. Iím sure people will always get in from the street, but much like being a non-military street hire at AA the number being chosen will be limited.

This may prove smart in a way as the WOs will now be able to weed out weak FO candidates during Cadet and RTP programs rather than trying to identify solid employees in just a half day interview process.

Cyio
06-06-2018, 06:25 PM
I think its just a budgetary issue. We as a company agree to do the flying AAG offers at a certain budget they give. When they add more flying, like the 20% extra we picked up this year, we run into budget issues.

Word is that AAG is finally going to throw extra into the budget to cover that extra flying, thus opening up hiring again.

Bruno82
06-07-2018, 08:00 AM
Was there a class Monday, June 4?

Whiskey4
06-07-2018, 10:17 AM
Was there a class Monday, June 4?

There was indeed.

Bruno82
06-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Does anyone have a breakdown with bases, equip, DEC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fiddlesticks
06-07-2018, 11:27 AM
I wouldnít necessarily say this is a hiring freeze. It appears that new hire classes are still happening pretty regularly. I think that the whole ďpipeline to a career at AAĒ thing seems to be working. Start as an AA Cadet, Envoy Cadet, RTP, whatever...and end up at AA. That seems to be what AAG has been trying to create. Iím sure people will always get in from the street, but much like being a non-military street hire at AA the number being chosen will be limited.

This may prove smart in a way as the WOs will now be able to weed out weak FO candidates during Cadet and RTP programs rather than trying to identify solid employees in just a half day interview process.

I worked for a school that had the cadet program, but just got word that Envoy has terminated that school and 20 others from the cadet program. It sounds like Envoy is seriously heavy on FOís.

DanRoman
06-07-2018, 11:44 AM
I worked for a school that had the cadet program, but just got word that Envoy has terminated that school and 20 others from the cadet program. It sounds like Envoy is seriously heavy on FOís.

Got word? From where? Got a list of the 20 schools?

DanRoman
06-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Hereís the current list on the Envoy website. Is your former school on this list Fiddlesticks?

Cadet University/Flight Schools:
Advanced Air*
American Flyers*
Arizona State University
ATP Flight School*
Auburn University*
CAE Oxford Aviation Academy*
Coast Flight Training*
Cochise College*
Cornerstone Aviation Flight Schools*
Eastern Michigan
Embry-Riddle Aero University Ė Daytona
Embry-Riddle Aero University Ė Prescott
FlightSafety Academy*
Heritage Flight Academy*
Inter-American University - Puerto Rico*
Illinois Aviation Academy*
Kent State*
L3 Airline Academy*
LeTourneau University*
Liberty University*
Louisiana Tech University
McAir Aviation*
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Minnesota State University
Northwestern Michigan College
Ohio State University
Oklahoma State University*
Pinnacle Aviation Academy*
Purdue University
Saint Louis University - Park's College
San Diego Christian College
SkyWarrior Flight School*
Skymates Flight Academy*
Southeastern Oklahoma State*
Spartan College
Tulsa Community College
U.S. Aviation Academy*
University of Central Missouri*
University of Dubuque*
University of Nebraska at Omaha
University of North Dakota
University of Oklahoma*
Utah State University*
Utah Valley University*
Western Michigan University*
Westminster College*
Westwind School of Aeronautics*

Fiddlesticks
06-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Hereís the current list on the Envoy website. Is your former school on this list Fiddlesticks?

Advanced Air*
American Flyers*
Arizona State University
ATP Flight School*
Auburn University*
Coast Flight Training*
Cochise College*
Eastern Michigan
FlightSafety Academy*
Heritage Flight Academy*
Kent State*
L3 Airline Academy*
LeTourneau University*
Liberty University*
McAir Aviation*
Ohio State University
Purdue University
Skymates Flight Academy*
Spartan College
Tulsa Community College
U.S. Aviation Academy*
University of Dubuque*
University of Oklahoma*
Utah State University*
Utah Valley University*
Westminster College*

Yes, my school is on the list. The owner of the school told me this morning that he got a phone call from Envoy saying that his school and 20 others were being terminate. He was under the impression that the terminated were smaller in nature. But with Envoy you never know the full story until after that fact...maybe thatís not the case. Hopefully itís not, because that potentially screws a lot of instructors.

DanRoman
06-07-2018, 02:56 PM
Yes, my school is on the list. The owner of the school told me this morning that he got a phone call from Envoy saying that his school and 20 others were being terminate. He was under the impression that the terminated were smaller in nature. But with Envoy you never know the full story until after that fact...maybe thatís not the case. Hopefully itís not, because that potentially screws a lot of instructors.

21 schools is a good part of the list. Itís crazy that they got this all up and running just to chop a bunch. Who knows though, everything is so reactive.

NoValueAviator
06-07-2018, 03:30 PM
Wild. Maybe tomorrow they'll announce that all the 140's and 145's are being immediately retired due to the rising price of fuel and inefficiency.

Then two months from now we'll see them again with "Operated by SkyWest" painted on the side. With AA management anything is possible.

Whiskey4
06-07-2018, 04:15 PM

I heard one school was very recently terminated for some serious issues reported by Cadets at that school. Itís logical to assume that schools which violate program contract terms, have safety issues, canít maintain flight volume, etc. will be dropped. Do we really want Envoy to partner with sub-par schools??? Not sure the disgruntled owner of a recently sacked school is our best source of info on the state of he airline.

Butitie
06-07-2018, 07:39 PM

Advanced Air*
American Flyers*
Arizona State University
ATP Flight School*
Auburn University*
Coast Flight Training*
Cochise College*
Eastern Michigan
FlightSafety Academy*
Heritage Flight Academy*
Kent State*
L3 Airline Academy*
LeTourneau University*
Liberty University*
McAir Aviation*
Ohio State University
Purdue University
Skymates Flight Academy*
Spartan College
Tulsa Community College
U.S. Aviation Academy*
University of Dubuque*
University of Oklahoma*
Utah State University*
Utah Valley University*
Westminster College*

Itís interesting to see that Coast is on this listbeing that they are training the RTP candidates.

NavyRotorhead
06-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Does anyone have a breakdown with bases, equip, DEC?

30 slots, 29 showed.

8 ORD 175
7 LGA 145 CA
14 LGA 145 FO

Bruno82
06-07-2018, 08:35 PM
30 slots, 29 showed.

8 ORD 175

7 LGA 145 CA

14 LGA 145 FO

Thanks!

Hockeyjr1
06-08-2018, 02:21 PM
What would make sense is they have enough FOís in the hiring pool now for a few months, along with trying to free up all the sims for the DECís and forced upgrades. Iím sure it will pick up in a month or so, but I can only wait so long. Now itís either move for PSA, or commute then live in base for republic.

hellosky
06-25-2018, 02:00 PM
I talked to the recruiting department today and was offered a December class date as the earliest they could get me in. (I'm ATP rated, but not capt qualified). Has anyone heard anything else?

Bruno82
06-26-2018, 06:30 AM
For those keeping track the June 18th class had a total of 27 new hires. 7 were DEC, about 15ish were RTP and about 5ish were cadets.

Varsity
06-26-2018, 09:03 AM
I talked to the recruiting department today and was offered a December class date as the earliest they could get me in. (I'm ATP rated, but not capt qualified). Has anyone heard anything else?

Was this after the interview?

I suspect alot of people waiting for class dates aren't going to be around when the class date shows up. Two friends waiting for Envoy and Endeavor respectively got tired of waiting and are now in class at Mesa... One was even in the cadet program.

Captain Kirk
06-26-2018, 09:23 AM
Bruno82 would you happen to have the equipment and base breakdown for 6/18?
Thanks
Jim

itsmytime
06-26-2018, 09:46 AM

I suspect alot of people waiting for class dates aren't going to be around when the class date shows up. Two friends waiting for Envoy and Endeavor respectively got tired of waiting and are now in class at Mesa... One was even in the cadet program.

So they went from Envoy/Endeavor to Mesa? No Republic, Piedmont, PSA? Plenty of other regionals offering class dates.

NoValueAviator
06-26-2018, 10:08 AM

They made a cadet wait? Hadn't heard they were doing that, how many months from when he/she was ready to when they said they'd get a class?

Also, what happened to the portion of the day 1 NH bonus that gets paid out while cadets are earning hours?

Bruno82
06-26-2018, 10:25 AM
Bruno82 would you happen to have the equipment and base breakdown for 6/18?
Thanks
Jim

17 LGA EMB-145 FO
10 ORD EMB-175 FO

DECs bid as FOs.

Varsity
06-26-2018, 02:19 PM
They made a cadet wait? Hadn't heard they were doing that, how many months from when he/she was ready to when they said they'd get a class?

Also, what happened to the portion of the day 1 NH bonus that gets paid out while cadets are earning hours?

I didn't ask. Bonus had to be paid back i'm sure.

As people approach atp mins the last thing they want to hear is "wait around alittle more".

hellosky
06-27-2018, 12:00 PM

I interviewed awhile back, but ended up having to delay taking a class due to personal reasons. Was told to call when available and they would be able to get me in... Surprised that they made a cadet wait though since they said the reason for the delay was high volume of cadets and DEC.