Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : On Pravda recently....

queue
06-01-2018, 05:54 PM
UNITED SEEKS RETURN TO NEW YORK JFK: “United Airlines wants to return to New York John F. Kennedy International airport three years after ending service there. Scott Kirby, president of the Chicago-based carrier, said United would like to return to JFK but 'doesn’t see a feasible organic solution to getting back in there', a summary of his presentation at the Wolfe Research Global Transportation Conference on 22 May shows. United would have to acquire slots from another carrier to re-enter JFK, as well as secure terminal and gate space at the airport.” (Flight Global) | HelloJetBlue

Surprised no one mentioned this.... can't see a feasible organic solution.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

aldonite7667
06-01-2018, 05:59 PM
Lol, Pravda, You listen to Dan bongino don’t you.

BeatNavy
06-01-2018, 06:38 PM
It's on the united thread. And bluepilots. Whatever. Who cares. Nothing we can do will affect it. This rudderless ship has no direction. Hopefully they find some. Or find some leadership who can give this place some direction. Organically, or otherwise. I personally don't want to work for any organization that scott kirby is in though, so, there's that.

queue
06-01-2018, 06:54 PM
It's on the united thread. And bluepilots. Whatever. Who cares. Nothing we can do will affect it. This rudderless ship has no direction. Hopefully they find some. Or find some leadership who can give this place some direction. Organically, or otherwise. I personally don't want to work for any organization that scott kirby is in though, so, there's that.

Could be strategically planted chaff (disinformation) to acclimate & spoof people to accept a substandard contract under the premise of something better if we just sign on the dotted line quickly......

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

todd1200
06-01-2018, 07:00 PM
Could be strategically planted chaff (disinformation) to acclimate & spoof people to accept a substandard contract under the premise of something better if we just sign on the dotted line quickly......

So Kirby made the statement to help JB mgmt maintain a labor cost advantage against UA?

PasserOGas
06-01-2018, 07:13 PM
So Kirby made the statement to help JB mgmt maintain a labor cost advantage against UA?

Wait, would the SLI include language that former B6 pilots make at least 10% less than other pilots on property due to former LCC status? I mean, LCC=discount pilots. I am sure all the UAL guys would be thrilled with our discount pilot group voting on their contracts. :rolleyes:

Bozo the pilot
06-01-2018, 07:23 PM
Wait, would the SLI include language that former B6 pilots make at least 10% less than other pilots on property due to former LCC status? I mean, LCC=discount pilots. I am sure all the UAL guys would be thrilled with our discount pilot group voting on their contracts. :rolleyes:

Lets hope so- Wouldnt that still be a pay raise? :D

django
06-01-2018, 11:20 PM
And therein lies the problem with conspiratorial theorists....what was the name of that 1980’s song “ Feel like someone is watching me...”

queue
06-02-2018, 04:27 AM

No No... that it came out on Pravda. They cherry pick articles.

P-3Bubba
06-03-2018, 06:31 AM
How about a UAL and DAL gate swap? EWR for JFK. It’s a wrap. No merger. Although I just got fitted for my uniform cap. Oh well.

-Bubs