Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

airplane401
06-07-2018, 05:59 AM
I'm currently a CFI at a busy flight school building 100 hours per month. I have 550 hours so far and just saw that Air Wisconsin has a program where you can apply to with just 500 hours called the Airman Trainee Program. Has anyone have experience with this program? Should I just wait till I have 1,500 hours and apply to various regionals instead? Apparently the Airman Trainee program comes with benefits, but I'm sure you have to commit to working with Air Wisconsin the moment you become a trainee.

SkychickenFO
06-07-2018, 06:37 AM
It’s a pretty cool program in my opinion. They fly you out for the interview which is just a short written and HR interview. There’s also a company presentation and Q/A type thing. Buy you lunch and pay you 100$. If accepted you take a drug test and fill out forms. Once the background check passes you go to orientation and get flight benefits and all that setup. You call them once a month and update your hours and they pay you a little bit and you get to use the benifits which is pretty cool. No obligation to fly for AWAC after but it is helpful to see the company in a bit more depth then just one interview allows. Everyone at AWAC has been great in my experience so far and you really can’t lose by taking part in the program. Let me know if you have other questions!

EhV8R
06-07-2018, 08:41 AM
If accepted into the program, would you be required to interview again if you chose to work for Air Wisconsin upon reaching ATP minimums?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RabidW0mbat
06-07-2018, 11:19 AM
If accepted into the program, would you be required to interview again if you chose to work for Air Wisconsin upon reaching ATP minimums?

No, once you hit your minimums (1000/1250/1500) you'd go right to your ATP-CTP course before Indoc.

BeechV35
06-07-2018, 11:45 AM
My understanding is:

There is no commitment to them unless you utilize them for your ATP training (ground school and simulator).

There is another interview to become a first officer. Each month you are supposed to call in to update your hours and watch an online video. Those videos will help prep you for the interview.

Hope that helps.

LiftVector
06-08-2018, 03:35 AM
As far as I understand you only have to do the FO technical interview before getting atp ctp and class date

EhV8R
06-08-2018, 08:06 AM
Cool, thanks for the prompt replies!

FlywithTej
06-08-2018, 03:41 PM
Has anyone here attended the Airman Trainee Program interview recently? I have a couple questions, if I can message someone about it.

IFlyImPilot
06-15-2018, 09:09 AM
As far as I understand you only have to do the FO technical interview before getting atp ctp and class date

As long as you have the CJO/Get hired, you have completed the HR interview and so long as you apply and want the FO position when you have the hours, they will set you up with an over the phone technical interview.

sar1
06-21-2018, 05:15 AM
Keep us posted if you do it, I'm looking to do it as well as I finally got over 500. Going to get a 1st class today.

sar1
07-09-2018, 04:10 PM
How did it go? I'm headed to interview on Thursday at IAD. Thanks

acam
07-11-2018, 05:51 AM
Anyone interviewing next week at ORD?

sar1
07-12-2018, 09:55 AM
Just did the interview and was offered position as Trainee, any questions feel free to send them my way.

acam
07-19-2018, 10:52 AM
How long does the background check normally take after the post-interview offer?

SkychickenFO
07-19-2018, 05:28 PM
How long does the background check normally take after the post-interview offer?

Hopefully faster than they used to since AW isn't using sterling anymore. Maybe 3 weeks?

PassportPlump
07-22-2018, 05:23 AM
So my wife goes to get her hair cut the other day. Her friend cuts her hair. And her friend says ďI just started dating a guy who is a pilot from United, he lives in Kansas City and is about to move.Ē

I ask a few questions. Turns out he is in the airman trainee program at ZW. Pro tip; donít be that guy that goes and tells your Tinder girls that youíre a United pilot when youíre in the airman trainee program at a regional.

Grumbletrousers
07-22-2018, 12:37 PM
So my wife goes to get her hair cut the other day. Her friend cuts her hair. And her friend says ďI just started dating a guy who is a pilot from United, he lives in Kansas City and is about to move.Ē

I ask a few questions. Turns out he is in the airman trainee program at ZW. Pro tip; donít be that guy that goes and tells your Tinder girls that youíre a United pilot when youíre in the airman trainee program at a regional.

Couple of months ago there were stories of a flight instructor dressing in uniformóincluding epaulettesó trying to get rides in the Jumpseat around ORD.

There are some weird people out there. Always check credentials.

youkhan
08-16-2018, 05:40 PM

Took me one month from doing the interview to getting a date for new hire training.

Flygirl32
09-03-2018, 04:15 PM
Just did the interview and was offered position as Trainee, any questions feel free to send them my way.

I have a bunch of questions as I will be interviewing for the same position at IAD on the 5th.

SilentLurker
09-26-2018, 10:34 AM
Couple of months ago there were stories of a flight instructor dressing in uniformóincluding epaulettesó trying to get rides in the Jumpseat around ORD.

There are some weird people out there. Always check credentials.

Yes, Check credentials which is last line of defense. What happened to 1st Line of prevention? How they get past TSA, The Gate Agent, the Listing Process & CASS??? I donít see how that was/or is possible.

Last line of defense checking ALL credentials @ the jump request should always be last line of validation.

Still donít see how hey got past TSA, the gate agent, etc...

Care to share? Or was it a Rumor?

Was it a TSA Random Check????? They will & could dress up as Flight Crews (FAís & Pilots).

dera
10-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Yes, Check credentials which is last line of defense. What happened to 1st Line of prevention? How they get past TSA, The Gate Agent, the Listing Process & CASS??? I donít see how that was/or is possible.

Last line of defense checking ALL credentials @ the jump request should always be last line of validation.

Still donít see how hey got past TSA, the gate agent, etc...

Care to share? Or was it a Rumor?

Was it a TSA Random Check????? They will & could dress up as Flight Crews (FAís & Pilots).

Get past TSA? The "trainees" get an Air Wisconsin ID, which gets you past TSA at any US airport.

IFLYACRJ
10-02-2018, 05:14 AM
Get past TSA? The "trainees" get an Air Wisconsin ID, which gets you past TSA at any US airport.

Does their ID say CREW on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dodsqubam
10-02-2018, 05:33 AM
[QUOTE=IFLYACRJ;2684396]Does their ID say CREW on it?

No, it says Airman Trainee. They told us itís good practice to carry it with us (not wear it) and that we definitely couldnít jumpseat. I guess some people donít listen very well.

dera
10-02-2018, 12:23 PM
Does their ID say CREW on it?

Doesn't technically have to for a gullible TSA agent. Their requirement is "Transportation Worker ID", if it looks like an aircrew ID, it might be accepted.

Av8tor8710
10-15-2018, 04:50 PM
Just completed the AT interview. Anyone with questions is welcome to DM.

mkbenz
10-19-2018, 02:51 PM
To those looking at the AT program - be careful accepting "flight benefits." Got a pretty big bill for unused benefits after I decided to choose another carrier. If you don't plan on sticking with AW, I wouldn't elect for the travel. :mad:

bamike
10-19-2018, 08:02 PM
To those looking at the AT program - be careful accepting "flight benefits." Got a pretty big bill for unused benefits after I decided to choose another carrier. If you don't plan on sticking with AW, I wouldn't elect for the travel. :mad:

Unless you signed anything that says you would repay, they have no legal grounds to bill you for it. It's probably just a scare tactic, don't pay them a dime.

squib
10-19-2018, 08:51 PM
Unless you signed anything that says you would repay, they have no legal grounds to bill you for it. It's probably just a scare tactic, don't pay them a dime.

Itís taxable benefits just like current full time employees get charged for their ďannual buddy ridersĒ or whatever you want to call it. Read the fine print in the first place and you wonít get sticker shock later.

bamike
10-19-2018, 09:27 PM
Itís taxable benefits just like current full time employees get charged for their ďannual buddy ridersĒ or whatever you want to call it. Read the fine print in the first place and you wonít get sticker shock later.

Taxable means that they include imputed income in your w2 on the value of the flights. That would happen regardless of whether you quit or not. Heís saying he got a bill to repay the company, which is completely different from paying income tax to the IRS on the value of the flights. Hopefully he can clarify if he owed AW money or the IRS.

Flaps8posrate
10-20-2018, 07:34 AM
Iím always suspicious of the motivations of first time posters making negative comments or assertions.

mkbenz
10-20-2018, 08:09 AM
The IRS and I are good. I realize taxable value, I just didnít expect a collections notice and threatening letter about my credit score over unused flight benefits. I get the ďfirst postĒ cautionary tale, but I agree with the above, the fine print is where the vulnerability lies.

CubWrangler
10-20-2018, 02:55 PM
I might also be planning on leaving the AT program. Could you clarify a little bit more on being charged for unused benefits? I've only utilized them 3 or 4 times. How do you think that would affect me, and how much money are we talking? I know they take out 35 bucks or whatever a month until the cost of the program is paid off (a few hundred dollars IIRC). I'm fairly certain I'm fully paid on that front.

IFlyImPilot
10-20-2018, 05:14 PM

Is this the money that you had to pay into the system for the benefits, or something more on top?

It was advertised as $50 for you, plus $50 for each enrolled family member, plus an additional $200 if you added a "second friend".

mkbenz
10-21-2018, 05:10 AM
I canít find the original invoice; however, the total for annual travel benefits was in the realm of $630 - I was an AT for maybe 7 months? They deducted the monthly payroll amount, which extends for 18 months. Received a bill for $370. This is money on top of paying for each additional family member passholder.

Iím not here to talk down about any company, but my experience thus far in this industry has been predicated on people looking out for one another. Thatís what makes aviation so special. Aspiring professions, weíre strapped for cash as it is, the last thing you need is an ďopportunityĒ coming with a bill.

Swakid8
10-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Word of advice for anyone, I wouldnít elect into flight benefits unless you are are certain you joining an airline for sure. I was a AT, but passed on the travel benefits and elected to go elsewhere.

Stoked27
12-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Taxable means that they include imputed income in your w2 on the value of the flights. That would happen regardless of whether you quit or not. Heís saying he got a bill to repay the company, which is completely different from paying income tax to the IRS on the value of the flights. Hopefully he can clarify if he owed AW money or the IRS.

Does imputed income come into play for any non-rev flights even once employed as a FO? I'm not talking about commuting, but using travel benefits for personal reasons.

Also, for anything that is counted as imputed income based on the value of the flights, how are those 'values' determined? Last minute high ticket prices? Is a standard fare estimated per flight?

N3165P
12-24-2018, 07:37 PM
This may not be the forum to ask, but, as a pilot do you get to keep the points from the hotels that you overnight in?

DarkSideMoon
12-24-2018, 08:40 PM
This may not be the forum to ask, but, as a pilot do you get to keep the points from the hotels that you overnight in?

Usually not as an airline pilot. Most corporate fractional jobs you can.

citabriacaptain
01-09-2019, 07:57 AM
Just had an interview yesterday and figured I'd give an update to the process. Long story short, the interview hasn't changed much. You start by getting paperwork in order, then you're given a presentation about why you should go to Air Wis. Next is the written test. Still 10 questions for AT and 25 for FO. I can't speak for the FO, but the AT test was super easy. I halfway guessed at one question that had 2 possible good answers. All other Qs were obvious. Everybody involved in that process seemed to be quality individuals. The interview was rather short. All the basic HR questions... Why Air Wisconsin, Why the airlines, etc. The technical interview was surprisingly more challenging but not overly so. They provide a 3 page CRJ study guide via email. Study it as it will be tested. Overall the experience was very positive and stress free. Feel free to PM with any questions.

Av8tor8710
02-07-2019, 06:24 PM
Can anyone shed some light on the technical phone interview, what to review/study other than brief an approach? Thanks in advance.

K92plane
02-08-2019, 12:01 AM
Can you be more specific? Are you asking for when youíre transferring to the FO ?

Study the charts, rules and regs etc. you should be good !

Av8tor8710
02-08-2019, 05:20 AM
Can you be more specific? Are you asking for when youíre transferring to the FO ?

Study the charts, rules and regs etc. you should be good !

Yep, when Iíve hit the magic number and Iíll be transferring to FO training.
I appreciate the help!

RabidW0mbat
02-08-2019, 08:58 AM

It really depends on the hotel. I ask, some say yes, some say no.

stroopwaffle
02-08-2019, 05:34 PM
Itís mostly NO because you didnít pay for the room. Very few do, but thereís no harm in asking.

DarkSideMoon
02-08-2019, 06:20 PM
Itís mostly NO because you didnít pay for the room. Very few do, but thereís no harm in asking.

Not to mention itís likely specifically excluded when they negotiate the nightly rate. The company is paying a super discounted bulk corporate rate and the hotel doesnít want to give anything else away for free.

Flaps8posrate
02-08-2019, 06:22 PM
Not to mention itís likely specifically excluded when they negotiate the nightly rate. The company is paying a super discounted bulk corporate rate and the hotel doesnít want to give anything else away for free.

Yes in ATL, received the points.

DarkSideMoon
02-08-2019, 06:59 PM

Neat. Itís like maybe 10% of the hotels on the line. Depends on hotel management and the deal they inked with the company. Might get a free night or two a year if you get lucky, definitely wonít get any high tier statuses.

K92plane
02-09-2019, 06:46 PM

I never see Awi here in ATL I would kill to be able to fly our metal out

Study the approach charts. Know the IFR rules and regs I swear youíll be fine.

Ellisj
06-20-2019, 08:51 PM
Just got back from it today. They fly you out on standby from the closest airport that services United from your home. So I had a 3 hour drive to Vegas. They scheduled this THE DAY BEFORE, the whole time I was thinking I would fly out of my home airport and it messed up my work schedule. At Vegas I missed the first flight due to over boarding. Then about 10 people before me on standby didnít show up For the 2nd flight and I got on that, making it to my hotel at about 11 Pm Chicago time. Then up at 6 am, hotel shuttle messed up my travel so i was 20 mins late. About 12 guys. We all introduced ourselves, listened to the air Wisconsin shpeel then had 2 mins to explain any system of the aircraft we currently fly ( surprise ) then took a 50 question test in 15 mins. Then 30 mins for lunch then bam 6 or 7 guys including myself got cut. No feedback. No test score feedback or review. Just bye bye. I canít have gotten less then 90% on the test so they mustíve been looking for 100%. Hopefully the guys that passed can give their reviews and insight. For as much preparation as i put in and exactness that they required which i felt I heeded, I was disappointed In how they handled sending people home without any feedback. Theyíre bragging about how theyíre all a family and how they treat people with so much respect but that isnít how any of us that got cut felt. So just some honest feedback from a recent experience with them.

Turnamdburn200
06-20-2019, 09:46 PM
Just got back from it today. They fly you out on standby from the closest airport that services United from your home. So I had a 3 hour drive to Vegas. They scheduled this THE DAY BEFORE, the whole time I was thinking I would fly out of my home airport and it messed up my work schedule. At Vegas I missed the first flight due to over boarding. Then about 10 people before me on standby didnít show up For the 2nd flight and I got on that, making it to my hotel at about 11 Pm Chicago time. Then up at 6 am, hotel shuttle messed up my travel so i was 20 mins late. About 12 guys. We all introduced ourselves, listened to the air Wisconsin shpeel then had 2 mins to explain any system of the aircraft we currently fly ( surprise ) then took a 50 question test in 15 mins. Then 30 mins for lunch then bam 6 or 7 guys including myself got cut. No feedback. No test score feedback or review. Just bye bye. I canít have gotten less then 90% on the test so they mustíve been looking for 100%. Hopefully the guys that passed can give their reviews and insight. For as much preparation as i put in and exactness that they required which i felt I heeded, I was disappointed In how they handled sending people home without any feedback. Theyíre bragging about how theyíre all a family and how they treat people with so much respect but that isnít how any of us that got cut felt. So just some honest feedback from a recent experience with them.

This makes sense, the training department can only train 1in 10 people being hired, Iím surprised they donít start to hire only those with a cl65 type. There are so many people stuck in training they could furlough the bottom 10% of the seniority list and still not finish initial training on the unfurloughed new hires in the pipeline by the end of the year at the rate they are going. Trust me, this training department sucks and those running it are even worse

BRayW
06-21-2019, 01:06 AM

Was this for the initial Airman Trainee interview or the transition to First Officer?

Xjrstreetcar
06-21-2019, 08:33 AM

Pretty crappy to have someone fly across the country just to send them home with no feedback. What did they learn about you that morning that they didn't know before? Doesn't sound like much..

DarkSideMoon
06-21-2019, 08:55 AM
No smart company will give you feedback. Itís an HR/legal nightmare.

GHawk
06-21-2019, 11:02 AM
Was this for the initial Airman Trainee interview or the transition to First Officer?
It was the Airman Trainee interview, they made it sound like the conversion to FO after the AT program was just a tech interview over the phone.

dino87
06-21-2019, 11:34 AM
It was the Airman Trainee interview, they made it sound like the conversion to FO after the AT program was just a tech interview over the phone.

I was told it was an in-person tech interview - take the full written test and then the interview, no HR portion. Wondering if they are behind on the training is the reason they are being more selective now.

Soxfan1
06-21-2019, 03:33 PM

Iím wondering if being late to the interview was a factor.

nuball5
06-21-2019, 05:58 PM

Most employers donít tell you why you didnít get the job in fear of a lawsuit or other issues. This is pretty standard.

Ellisj
06-22-2019, 04:52 AM

Airman trainee

Ellisj
06-22-2019, 04:58 AM
Iím wondering if being late to the interview was a factor.

I think it did. They mentioned something about how much we drank of the water bottles at our tables as well In passing. Iím sure their point system incorporated all of that.

Ellisj
06-22-2019, 05:01 AM
Most employers donít tell you why you didnít get the job in fear of a lawsuit or other issues. This is pretty standard.

Makes sense. Perhaps more realistic expectations couldíve been given. They also said that we couldnít apply for 6 more months. And that if hired it takes 2-7 months for ya everything to be set up to start getting paid and the benefits and for a lot of guys thatís the time right there needed for their mins

Av8tor8710
06-22-2019, 06:31 AM
50 question test, since when?

MTGL
06-22-2019, 06:35 AM
50 question test, since when?

If it was really a 50 question test, it must be brand new. The airman trainees got the 10 question test at my interview a few weeks ago. The FOs only got 25 questions.

Av8tor8710
06-22-2019, 06:58 AM
If it was really a 50 question test, it must be brand new. The airman trainees got the 10 question test at my interview a few weeks ago. The FOs only got 25 questions.

Agreed, when I wenít to interview it was 10 for ATs and 25 for FOs. Think this is a tad bit of an exaggeration from a frustrated individual. Could be wrong but just my opinion.

GHawk
06-22-2019, 10:08 AM
Agreed, when I wen’t to interview it was 10 for ATs and 25 for FOs. Think this is a tad bit of an exaggeration from a frustrated individual. Could be wrong but just my opinion.
He's not exaggerating, I was in the same group and we were all quite surprised.

Av8tor8710
06-22-2019, 12:56 PM
He's not exaggerating, I was in the same group and we were all quite surprised.

Wow. Thatís ridiculous. ZW seems like it is changing for the worse if they are going the path said, with this and letting people go in training for no real reason...

sar1
06-28-2019, 06:05 PM
in my last call with recruiter ge said there would be changes to the AT program, because of the high % of people who use it just for the benefits. They said they had an AT who was hired by another regional for months before quitting the AT program, once his new benefits kicked in....not sure what other changes are coming, but sounded like the larger test is just the beginning...

squib
06-28-2019, 07:32 PM
They mentioned something about how much we drank of the water bottles at our tables as well In passing.

They still havenít forgotten. Expect a bill in the mail.

StrykerB21
06-29-2019, 02:28 AM
I'm not understanding why a 50 question test is so unreasonable.

BRayW
06-29-2019, 03:29 AM
I would approve of them restricting the airman trainee position to those who are serious about flying with them. Why should they spend hundreds or Thousands of dollars to help someone who is just there to get benefits then leave. It takes their resources away from those who are flying for them.

itsmytime
06-29-2019, 03:51 AM
in my last call with recruiter ge said there would be changes to the AT program, because of the high % of people who use it just for the benefits. They said they had an AT who was hired by another regional for months before quitting the AT program, once his new benefits kicked in....not sure what other changes are coming, but sounded like the larger test is just the beginning...

This isnít surprising. I was always amazed that the program was so one sided towards the applicants. You could get paid, not show up for class, and owe air-wisc nothing. Crazy.

prex8390
06-29-2019, 04:49 AM
I'm not understanding why a 50 question test is so unreasonable.

They obviously havenít looked at what goes on in a delta interview....

squib
06-29-2019, 07:11 PM
They obviously havenít looked at what goes on in a delta interview....

Two FAR/AIM books for knee support

nuball5
06-30-2019, 05:27 AM
I would approve of them restricting the airman trainee position to those who are serious about flying with them. Why should they spend hundreds or Thousands of dollars to help someone who is just there to get benefits then leave. It takes their resources away from those who are flying for them.

Theyíre probably serious about staying long-term until the first time they call in fatigue and lose pay over it. Or canít drop a trip because the scheduler reviewing the request is in a bad mood that day.

Av8tor8710
07-13-2019, 06:16 AM
Can someone shed some light on paying back the company for flight benefits they were paying for? I donít remember signing any contract that stated that. Still havenít made up my mind on whether to resign or not but want to be prepared.

tonsterboy5
07-13-2019, 01:13 PM
Can someone shed some light on paying back the company for flight benefits they were paying for? I donít remember signing any contract that stated that. Still havenít made up my mind on whether to resign or not but want to be prepared.

The only thing you might have to pay for that I can think of is the $50 per person if you didnít finish paying for the initial fee or annual renewal through payroll deduction. But I could be wrong

Av8tor8710
07-13-2019, 01:24 PM
The only thing you might have to pay for that I can think of is the $50 per person if you didnít finish paying for the initial fee or annual renewal through payroll deduction. But I could be wrong

Let me reword this....what I meant by Ďtheyí was an Airman Trainee paying for the flight benefits. Iíve seen in some threads people who resign wind up paying few hundred dollars as a retaliatory type fee for the flight benefits. I personally havenít used them even though I did sign up for them and I donít remember signing any contract that binds me/anyone to repay the company upon resignation. If I do resign and they send me a Ďbillí for unused benefits Iím wondering what legal obligation there is to pay back what youíve already been paying for or if ZW is even allowed to send you a Ďbillí. Insight to this would be appreciated.

tonsterboy5
07-13-2019, 03:00 PM
Let me reword this....what I meant by Ďtheyí was an Airman Trainee paying for the flight benefits. Iíve seen in some threads people who resign wind up paying few hundred dollars as a retaliatory type fee for the flight benefits. I personally havenít used them even though I did sign up for them and I donít remember signing any contract that binds me/anyone to repay the company upon resignation. If I do resign and they send me a Ďbillí for unused benefits Iím wondering what legal obligation there is to pay back what youíve already been paying for or if ZW is even allowed to send you a Ďbillí. Insight to this would be appreciated.

So when you sign up you agree to pay $50 per person for immediate family members and $200(I think) for a friend per year. This is paid for through payroll deduction at something like $10 a pay period. If you sign up for the benefits and leave after 2 months you only paid $40 or so toward your agreed upon price. Letís say you spouse parents and 2 kids. You agreed to pay $300 but only paid back $40, they will want the remaining $260...
I could be wrong on the amounts of the benefits per person

VegasChris
07-13-2019, 03:29 PM
So in a recent orientation we specifically asked about the paying for flight benefits thing that has come up online.

Apparently there used to be a payroll deduction to pay the cost of the flight benefits to united. That has gone away. Now you pay Air Wisconsin pass office with a check before the benefits start. I had to pay 500 for the following amount of people

Me, Spouse, Two Kids, Two Parents, and One Extra Friend

Everyone in my family was $50, and the extra friend was $200. Do the math and that is 500.

My parents and the extra friend pay about 30 dollars for each leg of a flight. Me, Spouse, and kids are free.

I can leave the program at any time- but do not plan on it. When I hit ATP minimums I can stick with AirWis or go someplace else free and clear. I will make that decision when I get closer to minimums depending on current base seniority and if a west coast commute will be possible.

I am very happy with the program- my only complaint was that the backround company took about 4 months to complete the backround.

sar1
07-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Agree with the post above, although when I was onboarded and benefits started, last Nov/Dec, it was payroll deduction, and payroll deductions are still coming out, now 7 months later. Although, I like tax free money, so I'm putting 50% of my whopping $100 a month into the 401k, so $50/month of my pay is tax free, which is paid before the debt. I havent gotten a "paycheck" yet, but I'm up to a few hundred in my 401k. So that is a win considering how little work I have to do.

N1CEandEZ
07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
Random question but would somebody report this position on airline apps as ďemploymentĒ?

diverdriver2
07-17-2019, 01:55 PM
Random question but would somebody report this position on airline apps as ďemploymentĒ?

I think I would. We hired you. You took an income. It'll be reported to social security. Yah. I'd report it.

uipilot45x
07-17-2019, 04:13 PM
I think I would. We hired you. You took an income. It'll be reported to social security. Yah. I'd report it.

I was told by an app consultant that I should list it.

Gfrimmy
07-23-2019, 06:41 AM
Whatís everyoneís timeline looking like? I interviewed about a month ago and received confirmation that all my background check info has been received about a week ago. They told us at the interview that some folks have been waiting 5 months to go to orientation!

SoFloFlyer
07-27-2019, 10:54 PM
Any updates on the AT program? I have the interview late August and hoping to make it into the program!

Are people having to pay back flight benefits? The interview still extensive from the technical point of view?

EhV8R
07-28-2019, 09:36 AM
Any updates on the AT program? I have the interview late August and hoping to make it into the program!

Are people having to pay back flight benefits? The interview still extensive from the technical point of view?When you are in ground school, you have the ability to add a few people to your travel benefits; when you do this, there is an annual fee between $25 and $200 depending on your relationship to the person. You don't pay this upfront, but instead commit to having it taken out of paychecks. So, if you quit/don't make it, you've still committed to paying for that fee, which is what they will say you owe if you leave AW before it is paycheck deducted.

The technical interview is quite simple - memorize the memory items they send you, and be very familiar with approach plate symbology and procedures. They'll ask things such as "how low can you go on this approach?", "how many fly-over way points do you see?", "where does the final approach segment begin on this approach?". Always read the notes and small annotations, as they're often asking something that, upon first review, seems like an obvious answer, but really is modified by something else listed on the plate.

I paid for a month of a popular airline interview study service, and I don't remember running into any questions I hadn't seen on the site.