Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Donít waist your time at JetBlue

Papa Bear
06-10-2018, 08:06 AM
I did...
I will trade anyone my seniority at this place for my 4 years of life back.

Today I got an email saying not to expect catering out of Boston
No clear growth plan
Seniority absolutely stagnant (upgrades are a joke)
No retirements
No clear direction
Constant management shuffle
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Low expectations from management
Constantly asked and begged to work on days off
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL
This is what I saw and read directly from company literature in the month of May!
Come here with your eyes wide open. Welcome to the Thunderdome. Two pilots enter...hopefully one smart one will leave. I have not been smart. All my friends have left.

jtrain609
06-10-2018, 09:01 AM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL
This is what I saw and read directly from company literature in the month of May!
Come here with your eyes wide open. Welcome to the Thunderdome. Two pilots enter...hopefully one smart one will leave. I have not been smart. All my friends have left.

My waist has gotten larger with all these VDA's I'm picking up, but sometimes it feels like a waste of my time.

hilltopflyer
06-10-2018, 09:03 AM
My waist has gotten larger with all these VDA's I'm picking up, but sometimes it feels like a waste of my time.

Sad sad man. You sir are the problem.

MGMTiswatchingU
06-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Sad sad man. You sir are the problem.

I think he's pointing out that the OP spelled "waste" wrong, therefore using both words in different sentences.

jtrain609
06-10-2018, 10:56 AM
I think he's pointing out that the OP spelled "waste" wrong, therefore using both words in different sentences.

This is true, but I was also hoping to cause anyone senior to me to have a stroke.

CFDJC4
06-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Softpayman
06-10-2018, 11:27 AM
In light of the recent news have you sought psychological help? I suppose the post could be your way of coping.

Papa Bear
06-10-2018, 11:27 AM
Ya...I didnít think to spell check the damn title...urgh
Listen all the crap in their is true and I donít know what youíre view is of the past couple of months but this is what eyeíve been seaing

jtrain609
06-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Ya...I didnít think to spell check the damn title...urgh
Listen all the crap in their is true and I donít know what youíre view is of the past couple of months but this is what eyeíve been seaing

Now THIS I can get behind!

cf105
06-10-2018, 11:42 AM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL

vote yes then... :D

hilltopflyer
06-10-2018, 12:04 PM

Oops sorry train..

Bozo the pilot
06-10-2018, 12:53 PM
Don't let this distract you from the fact that in 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.

Post of the week- Thanks:D

Bozo the pilot
06-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL

And this is tough to argue. I should have left 3 years ago but somehow thought it was worth staying.
We may or may not get a CBA soon, but I wish I had left.

zulu99
06-10-2018, 03:46 PM
And this is tough to argue. I should have left 3 years ago but somehow thought it was worth staying.
We may or may not get a CBA soon, but I wish I had left.

And gone where?? I think a majority of the pilots here would have moved on at this point IF they could have.

Bluedriver
06-10-2018, 04:05 PM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL

Oh SHHT, you said STAGNANT, 20 pages minimum!

Good post though.

queue
06-10-2018, 05:22 PM
In light of the recent news have you sought psychological help? I suppose the post could be your way of coping.

Why would you say something like that?

He's a normal guy reacting normally to extraordinary circumstances.

What's your way? Learning to love your captivity? Stockholm syndrome?

At least he's being accurate and not some pathetic juicer, apologist, defeatist, low-rent regional pilot.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

coopervane
06-10-2018, 09:42 PM
Within a day we will get
ďHey guys, which base is most junior? Should I go to the 190 or the bus?Ē

Blows me away anybody would apply here. We must be getting the best and the brightest.

seekingblue
06-11-2018, 03:19 AM
Within a day we will get

Blows me away anybody would apply here. We must be getting the best and the brightest.

Listen.

I think this company has done some stupid stuff. Iím not thrilled with the AIP progress, either. I always wear my lanyard and fly SOP. Be ****ed at the company all you want (I am).

Donít attack people who are doing whatís best for their family. Insinuating we arenít getting the best and brightest, isnít cool. Hell, we are both here, so are we both just plain stupid? Probably. If you feel that you can attack others, for their career choices maybe you should ask yourself why you are still here.

Bluedriver
06-11-2018, 04:56 AM
Listen.

I think this company has done some stupid stuff. Iím not thrilled with the AIP progress, either. I always wear my lanyard and fly SOP. Be ****ed at the company all you want (I am).

Donít attack people who are doing whatís best for their family. Insinuating we arenít getting the best and brightest, isnít cool. Hell, we are both here, so are we both just plain stupid? Probably. If you feel that you can attack others, for their career choices maybe you should ask yourself why you are still here.

For one, no one was hiring when I came here. Guys can go anywhere now, they just may have to wait for a better call. Or settle for this dumpster fire! What was the original thread post again?

rvr1800
06-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Within a day we will get

Using this logic Iím better and brighter than you since Iím senior to you. I donít actually believe that and Iím sure you donít either. A very ignorant comment that insults your fellow B6 pilots.

As a junior 190 CA I am in a much better position than you to judge the quality of our new pilots as I fly with many of them. Your comment above is not backed up by anything Iíve seen on the line.

I donít disagree with much of what the OP said. Iím commenting purely on Coopervaneís post.

pilotpayne
06-11-2018, 06:57 AM
Using this logic Iím better and brighter than you since Iím senior to you. I donít actually believe that and Iím sure you donít either. A very ignorant comment that insults your fellow B6 pilots.

As a junior 190 CA I am in a much better position than you to judge the quality of our new pilots as I fly with many of them. Your comment above is not backed up by anything Iíve seen on the line.

I donít disagree with much of what the OP said. Iím commenting purely on Coopervaneís post.

Iím with you on this.
APC is just becoming bluepilots.
Amazing to attack our new hires without even knowing anything about them.

seekingblue
06-11-2018, 09:53 AM
Iím with you on this.
APC is just becoming bluepilots.
Amazing to attack our new hires without even knowing anything about them.

This.

(Filler)

ShyGuy
06-11-2018, 08:21 PM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL

If there was a legitimate way to do it, I'd take your 2014 position and you could have mine as long as you love the west coast. :D

schwa
06-12-2018, 06:33 AM
I did...

No clear growth plan
No retirements
No clear direction
Tons of middlemanagement
Low morale
Shady leadership
Pilot pushing

Donít believe me...LOL

Sickening self pity and a highly exaggerated interpretation of company communications.

PasserOGas
06-12-2018, 02:29 PM
Sickening self pity and a highly exaggerated interpretation of company communications.

You either don't work here or are new.

benzoate
06-12-2018, 03:08 PM

(S)he is actually spot on with almost the whole list.

CaptCoolHand
06-12-2018, 04:32 PM

Actually Iíd say years of deceit and frustration backed with a highly precise outlook of whatís been going on here.

Oh Right, Wall Street down graded us... because our performance sucks.

Bluedriver
06-12-2018, 04:39 PM
You either don't work here or are new.

Agreed, or he is the 3rd category. One of our many window lickers. We have plenty of those.

CaptCoolHand
06-13-2018, 10:23 AM
Agreed, or he is the 3rd category. One of our many window lickers. We have plenty of those.

ok man, that was the best! I got a full on laugh out loud and my daughter laughed at me for laughing.

https://memecrunch.com/meme/1UM91/window-licker/image.png?w=400&c=1

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/300x300/54501263/ha-ha-your-a-special-kind-of-window-licker-arent-u-lol.jpg

rickair7777
06-14-2018, 07:31 AM
Don’t attack people who are doing what’s best for their family. Insinuating we aren’t getting the best and brightest, isn’t cool. Hell, we are both here, so are we both just plain stupid? Probably. If you feel that you can attack others, for their career choices maybe you should ask yourself why you are still here.

From the perspective of the rest of the industry, you guys are next resort after big-six/legacy, but ahead of everybody else (all LCC/regionals/fractionals). I never applied but only because of geography. Could be worse.

BTW, what's a window licker???

hilltopflyer
06-14-2018, 08:00 AM
From the perspective of the rest of the industry, you guys are next resort after big-six/legacy, but ahead of everybody else (all LCC/regionals/fractionals). I never applied but only because of geography. Could be worse.

BTW, what's a window licker???

Whatís big 6?

aldonite7667
06-14-2018, 08:04 AM
Whatís big 6?

Poor old timer. I was going to ask the same.

Bluedriver
06-14-2018, 08:11 AM
We are in the big 6. The biggest 6 US airlines.

The rest are ULCC Spirit, Frontier and Allegiant.

BeatNavy
06-14-2018, 08:19 AM
DAL, AA, UAL, SWA, FDX, and UPS is who he is talking about I believe. UPS included bc their paychecks are big, not necessarily their pilot group.

Those are the 6 airlines JB pilots leave for, and the 6 airlines who don't ever have pilots leave for JB.

aldonite7667
06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
DAL, AA, UAL, SWA, FDX, and UPS is who he is talking about I believe. UPS included bc their paychecks are big, not necessarily their pilot group.

Those are the 6 airlines JB pilots leave for, and the 6 airlines who don't ever have pilots leave for JB.

Um no. The big six referred to AA, US, NW, CAL, DAL, UAL.

BeatNavy
06-14-2018, 09:17 AM
Um no. The big six referred to AA, US, NW, CAL, DAL, UAL.

Not in rickair's context...which is what we are talking about. Note he says "are," implying present tense. Are US, NW, and CAL presently airlines? How could he include them in his comparison saying we "are" behind airlines that don't exist anymore?

Edit: here's who he is talking about in another post he made.

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/2613509-post16.html

benzoate
06-14-2018, 10:07 AM
Listen.

The fact is Jetblue is not attracting the best and brightest. Again, these are facts. Does it mean some pilots hired here COULD go elsewhere, sure it does. The reality is Jetblue is actively targeting very low time pilots through targeted selection that cannot be hired elsewhere or who don't intend to leave. Using a regional pilot as an example Jetblue is targeting the 3000TT First Officer while Delta is targeting the 10,000TT Captain.

Any of you who flew at the regionals when the 250TT pilots were being hired understand the difference between qualified and meeting the minimums.

If the training at Jetblue was robust enough to cover the shortfall then this discussion would be different.

No one is attacking the low time pilots. Its certainly not their fault. If any of us would have been given a job at Delta with 3000TT we'd gladly have taken it. Truth is Jetblue is not set up for low time pilots and these pilots put a tremendous amount of pressure on captains.

queue
06-14-2018, 10:53 AM
Truth is Jetblue is not set up for low time pilots and these pilots put a tremendous amount of pressure on captains.

And you're not being paid DL, UA, AA, SWA rates to be perpetual IOE captains.

We need a contract with PAY & RULES... not just trading one for the other.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

zulu99
06-14-2018, 10:54 AM
The fact is Jetblue is not attracting the best and brightest. Again, these are facts. Does it mean some pilots hired here COULD go elsewhere, sure it does. The reality is Jetblue is actively targeting very low time pilots through targeted selection that cannot be hired elsewhere or who don't intend to leave. Using a regional pilot as an example Jetblue is targeting the 3000TT First Officer while Delta is targeting the 10,000TT Captain.

Any of you who flew at the regionals when the 250TT pilots were being hired understand the difference between qualified and meeting the minimums.

If the training at Jetblue was robust enough to cover the shortfall then this discussion would be different.

No one is attacking the low time pilots. Its certainly not their fault. If any of us would have been given a job at Delta with 3000TT we'd gladly have taken it. Truth is Jetblue is not set up for low time pilots and these pilots put a tremendous amount of pressure on captains.

This BS statement couldn't be farther from the truth. On the contrary DAL sweet spot for pilot hiring is average 5000tt and 35 years old. I have been meeting more and more baby faced twenty somethings straight from express jet or endeavor getting hiring at DAL. It's a fact that they are actually passing over the 10k+ hr ca's. Something about being "untrainable".

You must be a real delight to fly with....

rickair7777
06-14-2018, 11:03 AM

Yes.

jetpilot285
06-14-2018, 05:02 PM
The fact is Jetblue is not attracting the best and brightest. Again, these are facts. Does it mean some pilots hired here COULD go elsewhere, sure it does. The reality is Jetblue is actively targeting very low time pilots through targeted selection that cannot be hired elsewhere or who don't intend to leave. Using a regional pilot as an example Jetblue is targeting the 3000TT
First Officer while Delta is targeting the

10,000TT Captain.

BS.. 3000TT regional pilots are being hired all over the world its the new norm. Sorry man you can't do anything about it lol

rvr1800
06-14-2018, 05:19 PM

What plane and seat are you in? I already explained in an earlier post that as a junior 190 CA I donít see anything on the line like you describe. Certainly not putting any pressure on me as a Captain. But keep living in your fantasy world ben.

hyperboy
06-14-2018, 06:23 PM

This is some of the biggest fake news and BS "facts" I have ever read on here. Totally false.....I know it sounds good to say but nothing more than "fake news".......carry on with your lies and falsehoods.

queue
06-14-2018, 06:29 PM
This is some of the biggest fake news and BS "facts" I have ever read on here. Totally false.....I know it sounds good to say but nothing more than "fake news".......carry on with your lies and falsehoods.

Don't you work with getting new hires?

jtrain609
06-14-2018, 06:29 PM

This happens at every airline, unfortunately. I've had Delta guys ask me when I'm in their jumpseat why I didn't just go to Delta. Their rationale was that ANYONE could get hired with the pilot shortage.

PasserOGas
06-15-2018, 03:16 AM

If we are still able to get quality pilots to throw their careers away working here much of the credit goes to you Hyper.

blueballs
06-15-2018, 04:04 AM
If we are still able to get quality pilots to throw their careers away working here much of the credit goes to you Hyper.
If they are quality pilots you think they could weigh the pros and cons of their career on their own. HB isnt to blame for people making the best decision for their own lives. Everyone says just stay at your regional until the big guys call. Clearly those are the guys that have never been to the regionals. Jetblue aint a bad place to hang your hat when the big 3 dont come a callin

benzoate
06-15-2018, 04:29 AM
This is some of the biggest fake news and BS "facts" I have ever read on here. Totally false.....I know it sounds good to say but nothing more than "fake news".......carry on with your lies and falsehoods.No sir, not at all.

Next time you have the opportunity speak with someone in hiring. They arenít shy about the pilots they are targeting.

BeatNavy
06-15-2018, 04:32 AM
No sir, not at all.

Next time you have the opportunity speak with someone in hiring. They arenít shy about the pilots they are targeting.

Lol. I think hb is familiar with the hiring data.

putzin
06-15-2018, 07:06 AM
No sir, not at all.

Hate to break it to you champ, but very few grow up wanting to work at the likes of Jetblue, Spirit, Frontier, Virgin, Alligeant, name any regional airline. We work at these places because we can't make it happen at a tier 1 airline. Some are victims of timing, others completely socially inept.

Jetblue it targeting those who, for the most part, won't make it. Just as they 'always' have.

benzoate
06-15-2018, 08:18 AM
Hate to break it to you champ, but very few grow up wanting to work at the likes of Jetblue, Spirit, Frontier, Virgin, Alligeant, name any regional airline. We work at these places because we can't make it happen at a tier 1 airline. Some are victims of timing, others completely socially inept.

Jetblue it targeting those who, for the most part, won't make it. Just as they 'always' have.

Iím actually making the same point as you.

CaptCoolHand
06-15-2018, 09:35 AM
Iím actually making the same point as you.

LOL, I'm glad you caught that too :D

Rascal
06-15-2018, 11:28 AM

How could a Major airline know that a pilot is socially inept without interviewing the individual? Every single person in my class was tier 1 airline material. As far I know, everyone is trying to leave but most are not getting the call (myself included).

Based on Delta's own hiring statistics, they prefer less experienced and younger pilots. People that got stuck in the regionals during the lost decade are not getting the call. The mantra that a pilot that works at JetBlue is somehow inferior is simply false.

Bozo the pilot
06-15-2018, 04:50 PM

Cant argue with any of this. I started late in life and got a taste of seniority in the right seat with weekends and holidays off and it mde me complacent.
Then I took the 4 year upgrade on the bus. At 46, and Captain, Im not starting over.

queue
06-15-2018, 07:01 PM
How could a Major airline know that a pilot is socially inept without interviewing the individual? Every single person in my class was tier 1 airline material. As far I know, everyone is trying to leave but most are not getting the call (myself included).

Based on Delta's own hiring statistics, they prefer less experienced and younger pilots. People that got stuck in the regionals during the lost decade are not getting the call. The mantra that a pilot that works at JetBlue is somehow inferior is simply false.

Now we just need Tier 1 Pay && Rules (not trading one for the other).