Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Flight school question

Labyer
06-14-2018, 01:20 AM
Iím currently applying for flight school usin my GI bill, Iíve run into a bit of a snag. I failed my class 1 medical due to vision. (Not correctable 20/20) Iíve been told itís very possible to get a SODA, and I was even given the number to call, after calling 3 times a week over the last two months, and emailing the ďaviation surgeon generalĒís office, I have gotten zero feedback. Iím located in the Houston area, can anyone give me some advise on getting this medial flight?? What steps do I need to take? Is there an office I can go to in person? Iíve been flying since I was 9 and Iím going to peruse this until the death of me. Iím just at a dead end right now.

AirBear
06-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Iím currently applying for flight school usin my GI bill, Iíve run into a bit of a snag. I failed my class 1 medical due to vision. (Not correctable 20/20) Iíve been told itís very possible to get a SODA, and I was even given the number to call, after calling 3 times a week over the last two months, and emailing the ďaviation surgeon generalĒís office, I have gotten zero feedback. Iím located in the Houston area, can anyone give me some advise on getting this medial flight?? What steps do I need to take? Is there an office I can go to in person? Iíve been flying since I was 9 and Iím going to peruse this until the death of me. Iím just at a dead end right now.

I'd spend the money on AMAS. They have great Doctors who work with FAA Doctors on a daily basis. No idea what it cost because my company provides it as a benefit. They used to be called "Virtual Flight Surgeons".

https://www.aviationmedicine.com/

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1