Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hiring window?

Trr56
06-18-2018, 09:11 AM
Anyone know when the next hiring window might open?

BeatNavy
06-18-2018, 09:23 AM
Anyone know when the next hiring window might open?

One opened this morning.

Trr56
06-18-2018, 12:51 PM
One opened this morning.

Thanks just submitted!

Benver
06-18-2018, 02:01 PM
Until when will be the app window opened? Thanks!

WhiteMorpheus
06-18-2018, 06:47 PM
Any way to apply if they haven't emailed the invite? Do you need to have a resume in your profile, or just the times sheet filled out?

BeatNavy
06-18-2018, 06:53 PM
Any way to apply if they haven't emailed the invite? Do you need to have a resume in your profile, or just the times sheet filled out?

Pilot Job Search - JetBlue CareersJetBlue Careers (http://work-here.jetblue.com/pilot-job-search/) No invitation necessary. Click there and follow the instructions. I would venture to say if you don't submit a resume you are probably wasting your time applying, but that's just a guess.

WhiteMorpheus
06-18-2018, 07:11 PM
Pilot Job Search - JetBlue CareersJetBlue Careers (http://work-here.jetblue.com/pilot-job-search/) No invitation necessary. Click there and follow the instructions. I would venture to say if you don't submit a resume you are probably wasting your time applying, but that's just a guess.

Der...found it, thanks. Just needed to actually click the "search" button once I was in.

Speedbird2263
06-19-2018, 05:01 AM
Until when will be the app window opened? Thanks!

Should be open till around Mid-July is my understanding.

Expat007
06-19-2018, 07:20 AM
I am trying to update my application from previous window, but it does not allow me to update. Do I need to submit a new one, even if I already have a profile on file?

jetgirl1313
06-19-2018, 07:23 AM
I am trying to update my application from previous window, but it does not allow me to update. Do I need to submit a new one, even if I already have a profile on file?

You have to submit a new application each time the window opens. Once you submit, you can't change it.

TimetoClimb
06-19-2018, 07:35 AM
Is 2000TT, 1700 turbine , all efis , 500 is jet part 121, and a 4yr degree competitive these days ? No PIC.

nuball5
06-19-2018, 07:43 AM
Is 2000TT, 1700 turbine , all efis , 500 is jet part 121, and a 4yr degree competitive these days ? No PIC.

I think that might be a little light. I think it was 3,000TT+ pre-AIP. Could be wrong. They like to see multiple application attempts, so I'd still apply.

Expat007
06-19-2018, 07:50 AM
You have to submit a new application each time the window opens. Once you submit, you can't change it.

My account still shows the previous one on file, so just create a new profile and application? Thanks

TimetoClimb
06-19-2018, 07:51 AM
I think that might be a little light. I think it was 3,000TT+ pre-AIP. Could be wrong. They like to see multiple application attempts, so I'd still apply.

Thanks , I'm hoping majority turbine atleast warrants it a second glance.

MGMTiswatchingU
06-19-2018, 02:20 PM
My account still shows the previous one on file, so just create a new profile and application? Thanks

You don't have to create another profile (username & password) but you have to submit a new application after login in.

Bgood
06-19-2018, 02:23 PM
I applied. 2600 TT, 1020 SIC turbine EFIS part 121, 4 yr degree. I'm probably on the low end too. My second time applying. Hope they'll still give me a glance.

Expat007
06-19-2018, 10:51 PM
You don't have to create another profile (username & password) but you have to submit a new application after login in.

Thanks for the information, I just figured it out 😀.

hyperboy
06-20-2018, 07:00 AM

............Military?

Pickleman
06-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Good luck to you guys.

capt707
06-20-2018, 08:42 AM
If you live in or near a JetBlue base it will also help your app.

TimetoClimb
06-20-2018, 09:16 AM
............Military?

No, all civilian but a career FO thus far. All part 135 and 121.

michael525Bdo
06-21-2018, 03:38 AM
Is 5000TT, 400TPIC (no 121 or 135), and 1300ME competitive at all? Past CP, current DO, flying a CJ3 single pilot. Currently live within an hour of JFK.

Bluedriver
06-21-2018, 05:53 AM
Is 5000TT, 400TPIC (no 121 or 135), and 1300ME competitive at all? Past CP, current DO, flying a CJ3 single pilot. Currently live within an hour of JFK.

In my opinion, probably yes. They will never call you if you don't apply, so do that.

And update your flight times often, they like to see that.

pilotpayne
06-21-2018, 06:16 AM
In my opinion, probably yes. They will never call you if you don't apply, so do that.

And update your flight times often, they like to see that.

Exactly. It can’t hurt you to apply so why not.

seekingblue
06-21-2018, 06:44 AM
No, all civilian but a career FO thus far. All part 135 and 121.

Lots of career FO’s here. Don’t let the lack of PIC time prevent you from applying.

LT Maverick
06-21-2018, 10:57 PM
I’m at about 1925TT and about 965 Turbine/121 but by the end of next month I’ll have 2000TT and 1000 Turbine 121. Not sure if it’s a points system and waiting to hit those numbers would make the app look better.

I was inverted
06-22-2018, 02:53 AM
I’m at about 1925TT and about 965 Turbine/121 but by the end of next month I’ll have 2000TT and 1000 Turbine 121. Not sure if it’s a points system and waiting to hit those numbers would make the app look better.

You get extra points for your username.

Bluedriver
06-22-2018, 03:27 AM

Nope, apply now and update throughout the month so that the end of the month your times look good and it'll show more updates (updates = interest in the job).

LT Maverick
06-22-2018, 05:58 AM
You get extra points for your username.

Is there a place to enter your APC username in the application?

LT Maverick
06-22-2018, 05:59 AM
Nope, apply now and update throughout the month so that the end of the month your times look good and it'll show more updates (updates = interest in the job).

Oh ok I thought I read earlier in this thread you can’t update after you submit

Bluedriver
06-22-2018, 06:59 AM
Oh ok I thought I read earlier in this thread you can’t update after you submit

I don't think that's true. But maybe wait until others who know for sure chime in.

INVERTED
06-22-2018, 09:14 AM
Anyone had any recent experience with a video interview? If so, how long did it take to hear back?

I looked at an earlier thread, but wanted to see if anyone had done one within the past few weeks.

Thanks.

MGMTiswatchingU
06-22-2018, 02:57 PM
I don't think that's true. But maybe wait until others who know for sure chime in.

You CAN update your times in your profile but you CAN'T update your resume/cover letter you submitted. Unless you want to reapply to submit a new resume.

jetzzz
06-25-2018, 05:29 AM
Anyone having trouble going to "career" page of the jetblue website to apply??

"Internal Server error" shows up on the career page

its been down for two days now

any idea when they will fix this?

thanks

Turbine
06-26-2018, 01:23 PM
What is up with the jetBlue application careers site? Is it an insanity test?

Pages take forever to load, then it will decide to not load or save and all info is lost. Even when saving your app and returning, have to start over from the beginning and go back through the whole thing.

This is the worst functioning site I have ever seen. Does jetBlue figure... whoever takes the time to get this app submitted through this peopleclick.com site must really want to work here!

Anyone else having these issues?

Neal72
06-27-2018, 04:37 AM

Pages take forever to load, then it will decide to not load or save and all info is lost. Even when saving your app and returning, have to start over from the beginning and go back through the whole thing.

This is the worst functioning site I have ever seen. Does jetBlue figure... whoever takes the time to get this app submitted through this peopleclick.com site must really want to work here!

I had the same issues with both application windows that I submitted in. It was a true pain in the a**......

The offhanded joke at the interview was that actually completing the application was 80% of the hiring decision.

Not a "user friendly" set-up. I will say that once you get the hang of being proactive in saving the info that you input it got a little easier. Save every page every few minutes, if you wait until you complete the page it may be too late. It worked for me anyway.....

Good luck!!

ClearRight0528
07-06-2018, 03:35 AM
Anyone having a issue with not getting “received” under application status? Not showing anything

But got the email saying “thanks for your interest were” etc, right after submitting. Not sure if it went through though .

Babyjetdvr
07-06-2018, 01:32 PM
Just waiting on few rec’s. Any idea how much longer before it closes. Thanks

jetzzz
07-06-2018, 02:31 PM
[QUOTE=Babyjetdvr;2629108]Just waiting on few rec’s. Any idea how much longer before it closes.

I just checked yesterday and looks like they are closed. Isn it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nuball5
07-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Just waiting on few rec’s. Any idea how much longer before it closes. Thanks

You don't have to wait for rec letters to get your stuff in. You can do it after...unless they changed the system.

Babyjetdvr
07-06-2018, 05:06 PM
Its still open, app submitted!

Babyjetdvr
07-06-2018, 05:29 PM
Also, I saved it for while, it said it expires August 3rd, so that might be how long the window is open for.

Snapcity
07-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Also, I saved it for while, it said it expires August 3rd, so that might be how long the window is open for.

Be careful. That means it will save it as you work on it untill then. I believe it will close in jul 15. And you won’t be able to submit. Happened to me last year.

aerosky
07-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Be careful. That means it will save it as you work on it untill then. I believe it will close in jul 15. And you won’t be able to submit. Happened to me last year.

yup.... that just happened to me. Thought I had until at least August to finish filling it out because thats what it said when I saved the draft. I had started it just the other day, went back today to finish it and low and behold window is closed and my draft deleted. Disappointing, annoying, and frustrating to say the least. Hopefully the next window will open soon.

coopervane
07-21-2018, 08:21 AM

If you come here, get used to that feeling. It is a daily occurrence at this place.
If I had read as many negative posts as I have seen over the last 2years I would have taken heed and not wasted my time.

Almost every FO I know is trying to leave. Including me. Except for the ones who love that we are “New York’s gayest airline”.

We really are a regional that flies airbusses.

Focus your energy elsewhere, OR take the job here if you must escape a bad situation and keep applying elsewhere. That last part is key....don’t get lazy and think JB is “good enough”.....keep hammering the real airlines. You will be glad you did.

nuball5
07-21-2018, 09:11 AM
If you come here, get used to that feeling. It is a daily occurrence at this place.
If I had read as many negative posts as I have seen over the last 2years I would have taken heed and not wasted my time.

Almost every FO I know is trying to leave. Including me. Except for the ones who love that we are “New York’s gayest airline”.

We really are a regional that flies airbusses.

Focus your energy elsewhere, OR take the job here if you must escape a bad situation and keep applying elsewhere. That last part is key....don’t get lazy and think JB is “good enough”.....keep hammering the real airlines. You will be glad you did.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the whole notion that JB is a regional that flies A320's is quite the exaggeration. I know you and others don't wanna hear it, but if this TA passes the number of applications will increase significantly. Especially those who's flow number is still several years away or those who reside in the Northeast. Also $86/hr to start and improved RSV rules help.

hyperboy
07-21-2018, 09:52 AM
You're entitled to your opinion, but the whole notion that JB is a regional that flies A320's is quite the exaggeration. I know you and others don't wanna hear it, but if this TA passes the number of applications will increase significantly. Especially those who's flow number is still several years away or those who reside in the Northeast. Also $86/hr to start and improved RSV rules help.

They already have.

embraerjetpilot
07-21-2018, 09:53 AM
I’m not a fan of this agreement, and I most definitely plan to vote no... but I will say new hire pay is the one thing they did get right.

What we currently do to new hires... is beyond ridiculous.

nuball5
07-21-2018, 10:01 AM
I’m not a fan of this agreement, and I most definitely plan to vote no... but I will say new hire pay is the one thing they did get right.

They're gonna need to fix new-hire training pay since it seems they haven't touched that area.

embraerjetpilot
07-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Now that you said that, I noticed it didn’t say anything about new hire training..

So now they could choose to pay nothing for new hire training.

PasserOGas
07-21-2018, 11:33 AM

It wasn't an accident. Staffing was one of the points of leverage we had on them (perhaps the largest).
Strange that year one pay is the only year where we aren't way behind don't you think?

nuball5
07-21-2018, 11:37 AM
Now that you said that, I noticed it didn’t say anything about new hire training..

Yeah I asked that on the FAQ's TA website. Basically JetBlue can change new-hire training pay whenever they want still. I know it's only 6 weeks for them, but bills still need to be paid. According my friend, United gets a 90 hour guarantee for new-hires.

RedOverWhite
07-21-2018, 01:00 PM

For a training footprint spanning 15 days or greater it is 80 hours guarantee, through completion of OE. Section 4.A.3.

todd1200
07-21-2018, 05:12 PM
For a training footprint spanning 15 days or greater it is 80 hours guarantee, through completion of OE. Section 4.A.3.

But 24.W.2 says: A new hire’s pay for his Status shall be effective upon completion of his LOE.

I don’t think pay for initial training is addressed anywhere in the TA.

nuball5
07-21-2018, 06:08 PM
But 24.W.2 says: A new hire’s pay for his Status shall be effective upon completion of his LOE.

I don’t think pay for initial training is addressed anywhere in the TA.

It's not. $2000/month plus Lodge bucks. Status quo.

BeatNavy
07-21-2018, 07:05 PM
It's not. $2000/month plus Lodge bucks. Status quo.

Seems like something that should be in a contract. Wonder what curtain driver says about newhire pay? Was it overlooked or intentionally not addressed in the TA?

nuball5
07-22-2018, 02:08 AM
Seems like something that should be in a contract. Wonder what curtain driver says about newhire pay? Was it overlooked or intentionally not addressed in the TA?

Not sure why it wasn't addressed in the TA. That's an easy expense for Jetblue to cover to ensure their classes are filled in my eyes.

jetpilot285
07-22-2018, 07:01 AM
Yeah I asked that on the FAQ's TA website. Basically JetBlue can change new-hire training pay whenever they want still. I know it's only 6 weeks for them, but bills still need to be paid. According my friend, United gets a 90 hour guarantee for new-hires.

People just love to complain about everything without reading enough about the TA. Stop complaining if you don't know. New hires get 80hrs guarantee with the new TA. How did all 3 of you misss that???? I dont know but it's Sad!

hyperboy
07-22-2018, 07:11 AM
It wasn't an accident. Staffing was one of the points of leverage we had on them (perhaps the largest).
Strange that year one pay is the only year where we aren't way behind don't you think?

As far as pilots are concerned?......You have no idea what you are talking about. It sounds good to say but that is or was not an issue YET. I am not saying it was not going to be a problem or will not be a problem. But your so called leverage due to pilot staffing issues has about as much truth as POS serving this pilot group in any way, shape or form.

todd1200
07-22-2018, 07:18 AM
People just love to complain about everything without reading enough about the TA. Stop complaining if you don't know. New hires get 80hrs guarantee with the new TA. How did all 3 of you misss that???? I dont know but it's Sad!

I don’t think any of us were complaining. New-hire pay doesn’t affect us, we’re just trying to provide factual info. Have you received official confirmation on that? Have you started class yet? What does 24.W.2 mean?

RedOverWhite
07-22-2018, 07:44 AM
I don’t think any of us were complaining. New-hire pay doesn’t affect us, we’re just trying to provide factual info. Have you received official confirmation on that? Have you started class yet? What does 24.W.2 mean?

Now that I’m looking at that section, I read 24.W.2 the same as you: “STATUS” as in “Pilot”, at which point they’d be covered by section 4.

Weird they buried that little nugget all the way at the bottom of section 24. Would have been easy to just put under Compensation.

I am a little curious about the $2000 number, it’s $2500 in the PEA. Where’d that come from?

BeatNavy
07-22-2018, 08:12 AM

You imply that you read enough of the TA to know more than others. Guess you should read it a few more times. Specifically 24.W.2, but probably the whole thing since you clearly don’t understand all of what you voted on. That’s the “Sad!” part.

todd1200
07-22-2018, 08:52 AM
Now that I’m looking at that section, I read 24.W.2 the same as you: “STATUS” as in “Pilot”, at which point they’d be covered by section 4.

Weird they buried that little nugget all the way at the bottom of section 24. Would have been easy to just put under Compensation.

I am a little curious about the $2000 number, it’s $2500 in the PEA. Where’d that come from?

It was changed a couple years ago from $2500 per month to $2000 per month plus an allowance of $24 per day to spend at the Lodge on food. I don't know what it will be if the TA passes, but my guess is it won't be covered by the TA, so the company can set it where they need to. It could be first year rates at 80 hours per month, but I don't think that's a sure thing.

BeatNavy
07-22-2018, 08:56 AM

PEA doesn’t apply to anyone hired after ALPA was voted in. Only place I’ve seen newhire pay written is in the offer letter. Summary of offer letter for newhires: “Due to ALPA being voted in, we can’t do PEAs anymore. But the PEA rates/rules is still what we are using for anyone not technically working under a PEA in the interim, until a CBA is in place.”

Now the verbatim training pay part:

“During your training at our Orlando Support Center (OSC), you will be compensated $28.57 per hour and receive an additional $26.00 per day in “Lodge Dollars” good for use towards meal expenses only while staying in our JetBlue Lodge. Your stay at the JetBlue Lodge is paid for by JetBlue while in training. To be clear, these rates replace the references to “Initial Training Pay” in Addendum A and Addendum B, Paragraph E in the attached copy of the PEA.”

Hopefully a side letter specifically addresses newhire pay and it’s codified into our CBA.

nuball5
07-22-2018, 09:22 AM

I wasn't complaining buddy, I'm just relaying what the Union told me. Maybe it's too confusing if B6Alpa doesn't even know for sure.

jetpilot285
07-22-2018, 09:49 AM
You imply that you read enough of the TA to know more than others. Guess you should read it a few more times. Specifically 24.W.2, but probably the whole thing since you clearly don’t understand all of what you voted on. That’s the “Sad!” part.

There is no clear direction as to what is gonna apply to new hires there is the 24.W.2 yes I know. But my point is some guys are saying here that there is nothing in the TA about new hire training.

queue
07-22-2018, 02:23 PM
There is no clear direction as to what is gonna apply to new hires there is the 24.W.2 yes I know. But my point is some guys are saying here that there is nothing in the TA about new hire training.

Oh look... loophole number 105.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

seekingblue
07-22-2018, 04:10 PM
Oh look... loophole number 105.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Oh look.

Queue making the same point over again without any real substance.

In all seriousness, would you be okay with the way Delta's contract is written? Someone smarter than I looked up how many times Delta has "reasonable" in their contract. It was significant. So would you be okay if we had similar wording as Delta's contract? Or is their language to vague as well?

I think you honestly want to write pilot contracts in a new an different way. I also think you say "regional pilot mentality" way to much. Let's just agree we see the world differently, and the value of good scope language and codifying it now is more important to me than it is to you. Neither one of us is wrong. We just view it differently.

Be sure to vote. Friday cannot come soon enough.

Edit-

That came out harsher than I wanted it to. You seem like a good enough dude who is just ****ed with where you are in life. You seem to just say, "regional pilot mentality" to folks who don't agree with you. Seems little of you and is slightly aggravating.

Anyway, hope you calm it down after Friday.

queue
07-22-2018, 05:07 PM
Oh look.

Queue making the same point over again without any real substance.

In all seriousness, would you be okay with the way Delta's contract is written? Someone smarter than I looked up how many times Delta has "reasonable" in their contract. It was significant. So would you be okay if we had similar wording as Delta's contract? Or is their language to vague as well?

I think you honestly want to write pilot contracts in a new an different way. I also think you say "regional pilot mentality" way to much. Let's just agree we see the world differently, and the value of good scope language and codifying it now is more important to me than it is to you. Neither one of us is wrong. We just view it differently.

Be sure to vote. Friday cannot come soon enough.

Edit-

That came out harsher than I wanted it to. You seem like a good enough dude who is just ****ed with where you are in life. You seem to just say, "regional pilot mentality" to folks who don't agree with you. Seems little of you and is slightly aggravating.

Anyway, hope you calm it down after Friday.

I wouldn't be ok with the way Delta's contract is written. There is always room for improvement. We must always strive for the better and never rest, even for a second. The airline industry has a ways to go to catch up to other professional fields. For the record, I am pretty happy where I am - in fact this job is just for fun and it's not the focus of my life. I get a decent amount of time off and this job is the easiest I've ever had. I might even have the time to be a university professor. As much as certain people have tried to make things about me, it's not -- I am irrelevant and I will always work in secret and you will never know my work. You would probably be surprised to find some of my work in TA1.

Yes, we see the world differently, but I've also experienced a lot of the world so I do believe differently based on accomplished fact. I haven't spent all my life in the airlines (or even aviation for that matter) so you cannot expect me to agree with most people. I'm quite certain that if the average pilot here took a sabbatical shadowing an Ambassador to another country, shadowing a tech firm CEO, or take a few tours in the military as a high ranking officer, they too would feel differently about this industry and its people when they came back. In the end, all the opposition won't matter because they will not have accomplished anything. Meanwhile, those of us wanting to change things will have done so and none of the naysayers can ever take that away from us. Their negativity is irrelevant to me.

After Friday, regardless of what the outcome is, it's time to further step up the game. There's never really a finish line. Either we have to work on TA 2 (hopefully) or we keep BJ accountable to TA 1 and start working on contract 2. We learn from all the mistakes made up to now and work to not repeat them. BJ is a very weak adversary - I promise you they are quite easy to manipulate to our long term objectives.

seekingblue
07-22-2018, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't be ok with the way Delta's contract is written. There is always room for improvement. We must always strive for the better and never rest, even for a second. The airline industry has a ways to go to catch up to other professional fields. For the record, I am pretty happy where I am - in fact this job is just for fun and it's not the focus of my life. I get a decent amount of time off and this job is the easiest I've ever had. I might even have the time to be a university professor. As much as certain people have tried to make things about me, it's not -- I am irrelevant and I will always work in secret and you will never know my work. You would probably be surprised to find some of my work in TA1.

Yes, we see the world differently, but I've also experienced a lot of the world so I do believe differently based on accomplished fact. I haven't spent all my life in the airlines (or even aviation for that matter) so you cannot expect me to agree with most people. I'm quite certain that if the average pilot here took a sabbatical shadowing an Ambassador to another country, shadowing a tech firm CEO, or take a few tours in the military as a high ranking officer, they too would feel differently about this industry and its people when they came back. In the end, all the opposition won't matter because they will not have accomplished anything. Meanwhile, those of us wanting to change things will have done so and none of the naysayers can ever take that away from us. Their negativity is irrelevant to me.

After Friday, regardless of what the outcome is, it's time to further step up the game. There's never really a finish line. Either we have to work on TA 2 (hopefully) or we keep BJ accountable to TA 1 and start working on contract 2. We learn from all the mistakes made up to now and work to not repeat them. BJ is a very weak adversary - I promise you they are quite easy to manipulate to our long term objectives.

If all your other posts were in this light. I'd be behind you 100%. Very well said. We are lucky to have you as part of the pilot group.

I hope you can keep this tone with the rest of the group. I'll support you fully.

Why not do union work? I'd much rather have you work helping the union than writing anonymous things on APC.

Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful post.

MGMTiswatchingU
07-22-2018, 05:37 PM
If all your other posts were in this light. I'd be behind you 100%. Very well said. We are lucky to have you as part of the pilot group.

I hope you can keep this tone with the rest of the group. I'll support you fully.

Why not do union work? I'd much rather have you work helping the union than writing anonymous things on APC.

Same thing I said too. All that motivation could be well received in B6ALPA instead of APC.

queue
07-22-2018, 06:12 PM

I have a special place in my heart for the union - more than I will ever admit to :-)

But, no one will ever know it, and it will always be that way... Even TA 1 didn't happen in a vacuum.

Sometimes a helping hand is happy just helping.

1SmLHecAlDg

TimetoClimb
07-22-2018, 07:05 PM
How long does it take to hear back from recruiting if they are interested in proceeding toward an interview or not? Does no word mean no dice ?

Gearswinger
07-22-2018, 07:26 PM
How long does it take to hear back from recruiting if they are interested in proceeding toward an interview or not? Does no word mean no dice ?

From what? Applying? That was 4yrs for me. Getting the phone screen? A couple weeks.

jetzzz
07-23-2018, 06:21 AM
Did anyone got a call for an online video interview from the last window yet? (July)

TimetoClimb
07-23-2018, 07:49 AM
From what? Applying? That was 4yrs for me. Getting the phone screen? A couple weeks.

From applying in the last window. So 4yrs to hear back anything? Great...

hilltopflyer
07-23-2018, 07:56 AM

Took me a few months a couple years ago to hear back. I think August apply (when it was only open once a year) to end of October for interview request (interview in November/December) also was before video interview. Hope that helps.

TimetoClimb
07-23-2018, 08:07 AM
Took me a few months a couple years ago to hear back. I think August apply (when it was only open once a year) to end of October for interview request (interview in November/December) also was before video interview. Hope that helps.

That seems more reasonable. Thanks

Toonces
07-23-2018, 08:46 AM

Took me 5 months from app to video interview last year. After 3 years applying.

nuball5
07-23-2018, 10:17 AM

They don't send you a TBNT for the application process. So it could be longer than 4 years. Depends on your quals, experience, luck.

Gearswinger
07-23-2018, 10:41 AM
They don't send you a TBNT for the application process. So it could be longer than 4 years. Depends on your quals, experience, luck.

Exactly. They don’t tell you to go away if you don’t make the cut. That was 4yrs of applying for me before I got a call.

Airwillystyle
07-25-2018, 06:35 AM
After listening to about :40 of today's call I didn't hear much mention of the pilot contract. There was significant talk about CASM going forward and their focus on controlling it. Given that, I tend to agree with the union's stance that we reached our TA at the right time.
couldn't agree with >>>>>>>>>(softpayman) more

blackace27
07-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Hey guys/gals anyone know the name of the aptitude test that JB is using in their screening process?

SideFlare
07-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Hey guys/gals anyone know the name of the aptitude test that JB is using in their screening process?

It’s some in-house gem... Really no way to prepare for it. I wouldn’t worry too much about it, honestly.

PasserOGas
07-27-2018, 05:32 AM

Sample question:

When sticking your hand into a seat back pocket during cleaning, you feel something wet. What would you do?

A. Take of you blue glove to get a better feel.

B. Smell the pocket in order to identify it.

C. Call the CRO.

D. Pretend it's a job offer from jetblue. Use both hands to pull it out and throw it away, never thinking about it again.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1