Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Cogf16
06-26-2018, 05:46 AM
Sure its been covered but is there a phone number to call or just go to the ticket counter? Website shows about 25 seats available Thanks

m3113n1a1
06-26-2018, 07:19 AM
You need to list beforehand on www.myidtravel.com/myidlisting with the delta generic login. Some gate agents will list you at the gate, but I wouldn't count on it.

jcountry
06-26-2018, 09:02 AM
I REALLY wish folks could just show up at the counter still.

Makes commuting way easier

Packrat
06-26-2018, 09:04 AM

Are you allergic to prior planning?

jcountry
06-26-2018, 09:26 AM

I am when a flight cancels, or when you have an instructor or new hire bump you from a Jumpseat and have to make a new plan.

Wouldn’t be a big deal, but that ID 90 site is slow, poorly designed, and generally a PITA

FlyyGuyy
06-26-2018, 10:40 AM
I am when a flight cancels, or when you have an instructor or new hire bump you from a Jumpseat and have to make a new plan.

Wouldn’t be a big deal, but that ID 90 site is slow, poorly designed, and generally a PITA

100 percent this. was so quick an easy to show up fill out a sheet show a passport and you can change your plans. i was stuck in vegas and tried all day to get back to the east coast. id90 on my phone was nearly impossible.

Al Czervik
06-26-2018, 10:51 AM

This is the wrong mentality.

Packrat
06-26-2018, 11:14 AM
Not necessarily. Make several listings for the flight you think you'll make and for subsequent flights on the same or other airlines. You can always cancel the later ones if you make your first choice.

Of course that doesn't always mesh with the airline pilot mentality that the universe revolves around us.

Laramie
06-26-2018, 11:29 AM
Not necessarily. Make several listings for the flight you think you'll make and for subsequent flights on the same or other airlines. You can always cancel the later ones if you make your first choice.

Of course that doesn't always mesh with the airline pilot mentality that the universe revolves around us.

You appear to be talking above your pay grade. Spend a decade or two commuting offline then get back to us.

jcountry
06-26-2018, 11:56 AM

Yeah.

Apparently you don’t work at a place where reschedules happen for line holders practically every single non-red eye we do.

That can very easily hose up any commute.

Thanks again to the fine, fine gentlemen running our BOD

Arado 234
06-26-2018, 01:27 PM
Yeah.

Apparently you don’t work at a place where reschedules happen for line holders practically every single non-red eye we do.

That can very easily hose up any commute.

Thanks again to the fine, fine gentlemen running our BOD

Careful with this statement. Next surprise might be the resurrection of the seniority based TW j/s.

"Gotta move to base, son!"

You never know with those tools....

jcountry
06-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Careful with this statement. Next surprise might be the resurrection of the seniority based TW j/s.

"Gotta move to base, son!"

You never know with those tools....

No kidding

meyers9163
06-26-2018, 03:25 PM

He’s got the last priority anyways an an off line jumpseater. Why are you being a jerk? Gate agents absolutely can and will list you at the gate. And if our pilots are good, unlike Packrat, we will make a walk up before boarding and towards the end and assure they do if nothing else. Just like Delta pilots would for us. Don’t listen to this guy. It’s absolutely a disgrace he typed that.

at6d
06-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Not to be a downer but my last commute on AA iron had the agent reprimand me for not listing online (out of PHX). I went to another gate and a nicer agent helped me out with the warning that they are being told not to list jumpseaters at the gate.

meyers9163
06-27-2018, 12:18 AM
Not to be a downer but my last commute on AA iron had the agent reprimand me for not listing online (out of PHX). I went to another gate and a nicer agent helped me out with the warning that they are being told not to list jumpseaters at the gate.

Yes in their non official we make up our own rules Facebook group maybe. Again odd until that brake is released nothing moves. They again forget who’s in charge and actually controls movements from gate to gate. They don’t want to start this BS.

VIRotate
06-27-2018, 01:26 AM
The problem with Myidtravel is that as the time for the flight approaches, it will lock you out with a "general booking error". WN uses the same thing and I had them leave me at the gate because I couldn't list 30 prior and the agents were no help. I have heard that if this happens, list for the flight the next day and they can move you onto the current one. You just need to be in the system. Haven't confirmed this yet however.

As for AA when I get general booking error, I have had a few gate agents do it at the gate but the service center seems to be a good option as well. I just tell them I tried to list and got the error. I show them the screenshot and then they tend to help.

ShyGuy
06-27-2018, 07:38 AM

I support things you write, but this one is just plain wrong. In fact, some airlines directly prohibit multiple listings same city pairs on same day for flights. The last sentence is just condescending. Perhaps just goes to show that legacy Alaska pilots are the last pilot group to be commenting on other pilot commuters. Life is easy when one drives to ANC or the two big PNW bases.

GHOST
06-27-2018, 12:45 PM
Our gate AAgents aren’t particularly helpful, especially in the former LAA bases. No need to make multiple listings, just need one that includes your PNR. That will help the gate agent pull up your information, and roll you over to the next flight if need be.

havick206
06-27-2018, 01:26 PM
The problem with Myidtravel is that as the time for the flight approaches, it will lock you out with a "general booking error". WN uses the same thing and I had them leave me at the gate because I couldn't list 30 prior and the agents were no help. I have heard that if this happens, list for the flight the next day and they can move you onto the current one. You just need to be in the system. Haven't confirmed this yet however.

As for AA when I get general booking error, I have had a few gate agents do it at the gate but the service center seems to be a good option as well. I just tell them I tried to list and got the error. I show them the screenshot and then they tend to help.

All they need is a valid PNR. Just book it for the following day and then give them the PNR and they can change it to the flight you originally couldn’t list for.

VIRotate
06-27-2018, 01:30 PM
All they need is a valid PNR. Just book it for the following day and then give them the PNR and they can change it to the flight you originally couldn’t list for.

Ah so this does work. Thanks for the heads up.

Packrat
06-27-2018, 02:02 PM
You appear to be talking above your pay grade. Spend a decade or two commuting offline then get back to us.

How about 29 years commuting, a lot of it offline with multiple legs? That enough for you?

Happyflyer
06-29-2018, 11:34 PM

It really doesn't, you can list MyID and checkin 24 hours prior your priority is set by that.

You can save your login and password into your browser, and bookmark the page to streamline it.

I've been late to several commutes that I was glad I was listed and checked in for. Listing at the counter is only smooth before boarding which means you can't cut it as close.

AA got it right plan your commute with MYID and if you hit a delay or flight change they can still list you at the gate. Having terrible agents is a separate issue.