Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Glenntilton
06-27-2018, 04:36 AM
Terrified passengers hold their hands up as armed police storm a JetBlue plane after a wrong code was used over the radio which mistakenly said the plane was being HIJACKED
A JetBlue pilot accidentally told air traffic control that his plane had been hijacked on Tuesday, sparking a massive police presence
Dozens of Port Authority police surround a JetBlue flight at JFK airport on Tuesday evening preventing the aircraft from getting near the terminal
Department of Homeland Security and the FBI were said to be on the scene
The FAA released a statement saying the aircraft 'experienced a radio equipment problem while taxiing for departure at John F. Kennedy International Airport'
It was later determined that the aircraft experienced a broken radio and the pilots stopped communicating with air traffic controllers

Police presence surrounds a JetBlue flight at JFK | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5889975/Massive-police-presence-surrounds-JetBlue-flight-JFK-following-asecurity-incident.html)

mikenike
06-27-2018, 04:51 AM
The only time I needed ground to send me light gun signals from the tower, they didn't. Heck they probably couldn't remember how to use that dusty thing anyway.

cf105
06-27-2018, 05:15 AM
squawked 7500???

AYLflyer
06-27-2018, 05:20 AM
"No mention of compensation after this ordeal, just quickly being herded onto another plane"

"I honestly thought we were going to die!"

Jesus christ I cannot stand people. Yep you were going to die while still on the ground.

Std Deviation
06-27-2018, 05:57 AM
Just wait for the procedural changes and e-learning that’s going to come out of this one. “Pilots must each put a finger on the numerical pad on the transponder and simultaneously press each number, while announcing each press, while consulting the QRH to ensure compliance with ICAO standards. In lieu of a radio failure code pilots may utilize the JeppFD-Pro chart to obtain the phone number for JFK ATC, which can be called via the sat phone in the A321, or a personal cellphone.”

IDIOTPILOT
06-27-2018, 07:07 AM
Do your Airbuses have the keypad transponder or the rotary dials?

capt707
06-27-2018, 07:07 AM
Do your Airbuses have the keypad transponder or the rotary dials?

Keypad.....

captjns
06-27-2018, 07:11 AM
Its not like it hasn’t happened before, and also not likely to happen again. Just Jet Blue’s turn to be in the spot light.

terminal
06-27-2018, 07:37 AM
"No mention of compensation after this ordeal, just quickly being herded onto another plane"

"I honestly thought we were going to die!"

Jesus christ I cannot stand people. Yep you were going to die while still on the ground.

They were referring to the SWAT invasion of their airplane-not the MX issue

dontsurf
06-27-2018, 08:24 AM
can someone delete the post that has sensitive security information in it?

symbian simian
06-27-2018, 08:39 AM

You mean the super secret hijack code? It is published in every AIM-type manual all over the world, and not considered secure info.

rickair7777
06-27-2018, 08:46 AM
squawked 7500???

7600 is awfully close to 7500....

Fredturbo
06-27-2018, 09:01 AM
What flight school did THEY go to?

fireman0174
06-27-2018, 02:43 PM

Read the link below. Maybe you'll change your mind.

Be sure to carefully read the part about the action the 22 year old flight attendant made that saved lives while she lost her own. She could have safely jumped out of the airplane, but didn't.

I'll be kind and say that's not the smartest posting I've ever seen.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_Flight_73

pilotgolfer
06-27-2018, 02:52 PM
The SWAT team seemed confused when the flight attendants handed them blue gloves and said to help the pilots clean the cabin.

BeatNavy
06-27-2018, 02:53 PM
The SWAT team seemed confused when the flight attendants handed them blue gloves and said to help the pilots clean the cabin.

You win the Internet today. Thanks for that.

trip
06-27-2018, 03:53 PM

>>>:D:D:D<<<

coopervane
06-27-2018, 05:22 PM

Awesome!!!

rickair7777
06-28-2018, 01:09 PM

I am the security nazi here, and routinely delete SSI on APC, but the hijack codes are published in the AIM and every pilot textbook, and taught to student pilots.

TiredSoul
06-28-2018, 04:40 PM

:D :D :D

Best post of 2018

rightside02
06-28-2018, 05:01 PM
Lol I agree. Post of the year

pilotpayne
06-28-2018, 07:44 PM

Oh but we got rid of Blue gloves sir.
They went to clear for a more “upmarket look” (cheaper) no I’m not joking. Apparently they are switching over again. Why worry about ontime or MX it’s all about the gloves.

100LL
06-29-2018, 05:47 AM
Just give it a few weeks and wait for a lawsuit that claims JetBlue caused PTSD and “ruined ” some marriages.. for the super sensitive people on that flight just like SWA.