Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Long Term Training Questions

Bruno82
06-27-2018, 06:34 AM
I thought I would start a thread for questions regarding long term training.

I'll start off with the following questions:

1. Is there a Universal FMS sim I can download to help me reacquaint myself?

2. Is there not a quiz to take at the end of each lesson in CBT?

BigZ
06-27-2018, 06:38 AM
2. Is there not a quiz to take at the end of each lesson in CBT?
There is, only in CRJ CBT.

Bigpimppilot
06-27-2018, 06:38 AM
1 Iíve heard there is a way
2. Not anymore

EchoEcho
06-27-2018, 08:06 AM
Pretty much every single computer at the Envoy HQ has the FMS sim. The program is so old it doesnít work on the newer operating systems. So best advice I can give would be to go to HQ after hours and practice there

havick206
06-27-2018, 09:02 AM
Pretty much every single computer at the Envoy HQ has the FMS sim. The program is so old it doesnít work on the newer operating systems. So best advice I can give would be to go to HQ after hours and practice there

Thereís also a computer at the hotel that has the FMS trainer

NoValueAviator
06-27-2018, 12:46 PM
You can just rip the files for the FMS simulator from any of the computers it is installed on and drop them onto your own PC. There's no DRM on it or anything. That's what I did before I realized that learning the FMS is the easiest aspect of the training.