Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Interview Jun 29th

mcm114
06-27-2018, 12:49 PM
Anyone else here supposed to interview in MSP this Friday?

When should I expect to get the travel details? I haven't heard anything at all and it's in 2 days. All I got was the email with the application packet, PRIA forms etc.

Maybe they're planning to fly me out the morning of the interview, since I'm coming from the east coast?

I tried calling the recruiters today, all 3 numbers, no answer.

VIRotate
06-27-2018, 01:23 PM
PMíed

Filler

mcm114
07-08-2018, 09:15 AM
First of all thanks VIRotate for the PM. I almost slipped through the cracks there somehow.

For what it's worth, I was the only one at this interview. I got one of the last class dates for the year, Nov 9th for ATP, Indoc around the 18th. Wish I hadn't waited to interview because I was hoping for something in August. HR said they would call me if an earlier vacancy opens up.

Simple_Jack
07-08-2018, 10:36 AM
Similar situation:
Interviewed mid June
Only interviewee
Soonest class date early October
Supposedly on a ďstandby listĒ for an earlier class date.
I wish I would have been in one of the earlier interviews. My original interview date (3 weeks earlier) slipped through the cracks because there was no positive space to fly me out.
Hey, at least we have a class date. Good luck!

VIRotate
07-08-2018, 11:03 AM
First of all thanks VIRotate for the PM. I almost slipped through the cracks there somehow.

For what it's worth, I was the only one at this interview. I got one of the last class dates for the year, Nov 9th for ATP, Indoc around the 18th. Wish I hadn't waited to interview because I was hoping for something in August. HR said they would call me if an earlier vacancy opens up.

If you interviewed in MSP, thatís pretty normal. Most interviews are done in LAX, PHX, SEA and a few other west coast cities.

Congrats on the job though!!

DiamondDriver
07-08-2018, 11:37 AM
Congrats guys, my ATP is on Nov 14th with a class date of Nov 22nd. If we cant move up our class date it'll be comical having some *best forum on APC* guys in class together.

brocklee9000
07-11-2018, 01:08 PM
So how early should someone apply, and how early is "too early"? I've finally been instructing enough to see a consistent average in my monthly hours. I just passed 500 hours last week and i'm getting 50-60 hours a month, R-ATP eligible.

Also, are interviews only done in person in MSP?

yrbroom
07-11-2018, 01:42 PM
So how early should someone apply, and how early is "too early"? I've finally been instructing enough to see a consistent average in my monthly hours. I just passed 500 hours last week and i'm getting 50-60 hours a month, R-ATP eligible.

Also, are interviews only done in person in MSP?

They want within 6 months of a class date as they apparently can't schedule a class date past that. I'd probably wait a few months if I were you. There's also an Events (?) page on the Compass website that shows all interview and recruiting events. From what I remember, there's some in SEA, LAX, and PHX.

brocklee9000
07-11-2018, 04:18 PM
They want within 6 months of a class date as they apparently can't schedule a class date past that. I'd probably wait a few months if I were you. There's also an Events (?) page on the Compass website that shows all interview and recruiting events. From what I remember, there's some in SEA, LAX, and PHX.

Thanks. Yeah I won't be applying quite yet, but soon. For years I've had the "well, some day I'll be at an airline" thoughts, now I'm starting to have the "shoot, I need to make a decision here real soon..."

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Shake N Bake!
Nothing to add just making the rounds on the threads

Poser765
07-12-2018, 05:18 AM
Shake N Bake!
Nothing to add just making the rounds on the threadsyep. All quiet on the western front.

VIRotate
07-12-2018, 11:48 AM
yep. All quiet on the western front.

Almost too quiet...

MUST BE A MERGER IN THE WORKS!!! OO? 9E? Brickyard?

Excargodog
07-12-2018, 12:07 PM
yep. All quiet on the western front.

Which according to Skywest now includes LGA...

word302
07-12-2018, 12:09 PM
Which according to Skywest now includes LGA...

Well LGA is west of Greenland.

Excargodog
07-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Well LGA is west of Greenland.

A point, definitely a point...

Poser765
07-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Well LGA is west of Greenland.if you want to get meta everything is technically west of everything else.

Excargodog
07-12-2018, 05:39 PM
if you want to get meta everything is technically west of everything else.

Name the northernmost, westernmost, and easternmost states:

Alaska
Alaska
Alaska

Lillys Dad
07-13-2018, 07:55 PM
I was wondering if hiring has slowed down at compass? I'm over 1300 TT and am r-atp eligible, I've had an application in the system for over a week and all is silent on the recruiter front. Does that pretty much mean they don't want you?
Just curious as Iíve seen a few others post about the same type of thing of not hearing back for a while. I almost think I should just show up to an event or something.

Excargodog
07-13-2018, 08:34 PM
I was wondering if hiring has slowed down at compass? I'm over 1300 TT and am r-atp eligible, I've had an application in the system for over a week and all is silent on the recruiter front. Does that pretty much mean they don't want you?
Just curious as Iíve seen a few others post about the same type of thing of not hearing back for a while. I almost think I should just show up to an event or something.

[email protected] (%20compassairline.com)

Slowed down? Yes.

Stopped? No.

If you have had your application into airline apps for a week without acknowledgement I'd send them an email to confirm that airline apps actually transmitted your application. Occasionally for some reason some applications seem to hang up in the system.

Poser765
07-14-2018, 09:09 AM
Also itís been said before but Iíll say it again. Make sure all your stuff that expires is current and up to date in airlineapps. Medical, drivers license, passport. That sort of thing.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1