Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Finally A Pay Raise

Gooselives
06-28-2018, 01:09 PM
After the horrible results of that survey managment has now realized that the morale on the line is very low for many.

Pay raise talk is back in the works and reserv rules are being discussed.

#MEGA #abouttime #ENY>EDV

highfarfast
06-28-2018, 01:25 PM
After the horrible results of that survey managment has now realized that the morale on the line is very low for many.

Pay raise talk is back in the works and reserv rules are being discussed.

#MEGA #abouttime #ENY>EDV

Source?

/filler/

Cyio
06-28-2018, 02:17 PM
Source?

/filler/

Agreed. Kind of a strong statement without anything to back it up.

BigZ
06-28-2018, 02:24 PM
I thought the thread was a placeholder for future use

CaptJackSparrow
06-28-2018, 02:25 PM
It makes no sense though. We aren't short on captains like we are led to believe (no critical coverage declared or flight cancellations), we have cadets and many others in line for class dates for months out, and our performance has been great. With fuel prices rising and investors getting worried, I just don't see any reason they would even consider dishing out more money.

Lakota
06-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Would be nice to see the results of that survey for just the pilot group.

FullThrust
06-28-2018, 03:12 PM
It makes no sense though. We aren't short on captains like we are led to believe (no critical coverage declared or flight cancellations), we have cadets and many others in line for class dates for months out, and our performance has been great. With fuel prices rising and investors getting worried, I just don't see any reason they would even consider dishing out more money.

Not to mention AA announced management layoffs upcoming this year.

ENH017
06-28-2018, 04:33 PM
Is it bad that I read the "Smoothie Machine Installation" title on the latest MEC email and I told myself "about time they got something done"?

havick206
06-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Is it bad that I read the "Smoothie Machine Installation" title on the latest MEC email and I told myself "about time they got something done"?

Smoothie machines would have been a win.

‘All crew rooms shall have operable smoothie machines and adequately supplied through the months of MAY-OCT inclusive’.

EmbaeDriver
06-28-2018, 04:54 PM
Rumors, rumors everywhere. I’ll believe it when I see it.

Gooselives
06-28-2018, 04:59 PM
Miami has an icecream machine close enough

in2deep
06-28-2018, 05:37 PM
It was in a recent ALPA email from the negotiating committee. Its going to be a long road but at least its on the table.

FullThrust
06-28-2018, 05:39 PM
Smoothie machines would have been a win.

‘All crew rooms shall have operable smoothie machines and adequately supplied through the months of MAY-OCT inclusive’.

“Each crewmember on duty will be allotted one (1) dispensing cup issued by the crew coordinator per duty day. Notwithstanding G.1(a), the company will make a reasonable effort to rotate the flavors at each domicile every contractual month. At company discretion, the flow rate of smoothie machines will be limited to 29oz, or 50% of total AAG smoothie mix purchase volume each month that AAG places their smoothie mix order.”

Goingupinverted
06-28-2018, 06:12 PM
“Each crewmember on duty will be allotted one (1) dispensing cup issued by the crew coordinator per duty day. Notwithstanding G.1(a), the company will make a reasonable effort to rotate the flavors at each domicile every contractual month. At company discretion, the flow rate of smoothie machines will be limited to 29oz, or 50% of total AAG smoothie mix purchase volume each month that AAG places their smoothie mix order.”
Lol! Gold! Nominate for post of the day.

SilentLurker
06-28-2018, 07:00 PM

I laughed out loud. Your last sentence was pure and original gold. Still smiling in afterthought.

buddies8
06-28-2018, 07:30 PM
Pay and reserve are always on the table, nothing new here. AAG Would have to give raise to each w/O if they agree to any raise. What you think of the chances of it happening.
Remember us air management does not care about your feelings or financial security, they only care about theirs.

BigZ
06-28-2018, 07:49 PM
Got another interesting hunch
Company waiting for the high longevity guys to flow and the mean years on property to drop down
Much easier to advertise awesome 12 year pay when the bulk of 8.5 to 11 year Eagle guys are at AA
If the flow then stays at 7.5-8 years, the pay will have to go up considerably or 1/3-1/2 of the pilot force will bolt to LCCs

wiz5422
06-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Pay and reserve are always on the table, nothing new here. AAG Would have to give raise to each w/O if they agree to any raise. What you think of the chances of it happening.
Remember us air management does not care about your feelings or financial security, they only care about theirs.

Why would they have to match at each W/O? We didn't get nor ever saw 300% OT like PDT, or flowing 2011 hires like PSA. So I don't see why they would have to match.

Captain Kirk
06-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Can we even fit a smoothie machine in the JFK crew room/closet?

Pedro4President
06-29-2018, 02:27 AM
Can we even fit a smoothie machine in the JFK crew room/closet?

JFK doesn't have a crew room closet. That's for airport stand by crews.

You have to slum it out with the ground crew.

NoValueAviator
06-29-2018, 04:47 AM
It's not a closet, it's a single coat rack that has an ancient captain's sweater hanging on it, swinging in time with the pounding bass of the reggae music blasting next door.

For the "READ THE CONTRACT" goofs, yes, I am aware that the contract says we get quiet standby rooms, but no one cares.

Captain Kirk
06-29-2018, 05:33 AM
Yeah in addition to the Raggae music, don’t forget the screaming during the high stakes ping pong tournaments.
I find its quieter upstairs at the gates.

Bigpimppilot
06-29-2018, 10:17 AM
Soooo has a grievance been filed?

chrisreedrules
06-29-2018, 07:26 PM

Do tell...

BigZ
06-29-2018, 07:39 PM
Do tell...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-plans-cut-management-153623843.html?

DanRoman
06-29-2018, 08:33 PM

Not that uncommon post merger. There’s obviously duplicate management positions currently filled by people from AA and Airways.

ENH017
06-30-2018, 05:58 AM
Soooo has a grievance been filed?

If we do that we'll blow our load early again in negotiations and end up with a quiet closet at JFK, -3 flow per month and no pay raise

Otterbox
06-30-2018, 06:25 AM
If we do that we'll blow our load early again in negotiations and end up with a quiet closet at JFK, -3 flow per month and no pay raise

50/50 shot you’re going to get that anyways...

Bigpimppilot
06-30-2018, 07:16 AM
A few years ago lga didn’t have a “quiet room” due to bedbugs on all the recliners. Ready reserves were put up in hotel rooms by the airport with cable tv and free breakfast. But by all means be ok with ping pong tournaments next door.

FullThrust
06-30-2018, 07:23 AM
A few years ago lga didn’t have a “quiet room” due to bedbugs on all the recliners. Ready reserves were put up in hotel rooms by the airport with cable tv and free breakfast. But by all means be ok with ping pong tournaments next door.

“Cable TV and free breakfast”. Throw in HBO and air conditioning and sounds like a roadside motel where HardLemonde could get into some trouble. 😂

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1