Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ERJ New Hire - LGA

CooperJ
07-01-2018, 08:48 AM
I begin ERJ training in July. The seniority page shows that the last graduating class all went to LGA. I just retired form the USAF and have moved the fam to the Colorado Springs area. It looks like it will be 4-5 months-ish to potentially get back here to DEN. I spoke to one recent new hire that was only at LGA for a month, then was able to hold SLC. Is there any other info on the near future there, and if the quick-turn out of LGA will still hold true for the next few months? When I asked for a July/Aug class, I was told that the ERJ classes in the fall may be "pared down quite a bit"...so that spooks me a bit about being stuck there longer than I thought. Not sure if that is still true. Thanks again for any info.

chitolin
07-01-2018, 08:59 AM
I begin ERJ training in July. The seniority page shows that the last graduating class all went to LGA. I just retired form the USAF and have moved the fam to the Colorado Springs area. It looks like it will be 4-5 months-ish to potentially get back here to DEN. I spoke to one recent new hire that was only at LGA for a month, then was able to hold SLC. Is there any other info on the near future there, and if the quick-turn out of LGA will still hold true for the next few months? When I asked for a July/Aug class, I was told that the ERJ classes in the fall may be "pared down quite a bit"...so that spooks me a bit about being stuck there longer than I thought. Not sure if that is still true. Thanks again for any info.

Still plenty of new DL birds coming (15+) and most are scheduled to go to ORD. LGA will grow a bit more. Denver is a little more senior than ORD and LGA (Feb 2018 vs March 18). There are still people bidding for LGA. And well, you will get your based assigned a couple of weeks into training, and by the time you are done you might get transfered to another one you like. Bids are monthly. Good luck

CooperJ
07-01-2018, 09:15 AM
Copy...thanks!

saxman66
07-01-2018, 12:51 PM
I expect LGA to be a revolving door as no one wants to actually be based there. It is going to grow over the next few months though. ORD has always been fairly junior as well and thatís not a bad commute from COS. If you can get a CRJ class do that and drive to work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gundriver64
07-01-2018, 01:41 PM
Can a Skywest peep (or two) weigh-in what the long term plan is with respect to flights/pairings in SLC? Has the flying stagnated? Is there to be any growth? Will ERJ flights increase there? Will the CRJ eventually be replaced by the ERJ?

Cheers,
G

chitolin
07-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Can a Skywest peep (or two) weigh-in what the long term plan is with respect to flights/pairings in SLC? Has the flying stagnated? Is there to be any growth? Will ERJ flights increase there? Will the CRJ eventually be replaced by the ERJ?

Cheers,
G

They will always have the pairings at SLC heavy, dont want to mess with the senior peeps there. Even if it includes deadheading them in and out.
About CRJ being replaced by the ERJ is a big mistery.

amcnd
07-01-2018, 03:51 PM

Cheers,
G

From a sapa scheduling guy. SLC supports 100 CRJ lines ERJ 86 lines if all they did was fly SLC flying....bid info for July. Shows CRJ FOís guaranteed lines 113. Anticipated lines 149. 33 reserve lines.
ERJ 27 guaranteed lines, 28 anticipated 2 reserve.. seniority list shows SLC CRJ FO 170 on the list. ERJ 35. Dont ask about SLC captain. You will never hold it..

100LL
07-01-2018, 05:46 PM
Dont ask about SLC captain. You will never hold it..

Ainít that the truth, full of Skywest lifers there. Guys too old and established to start at the bottom elsewhere or mainline/rejected Delta applicants......

rickair7777
07-01-2018, 08:10 PM
They will always have the pairings at SLC heavy, dont want to mess with the senior peeps there. Even if it includes deadheading them in and out.
About CRJ being replaced by the ERJ is a big mistery.

I heard (from a SLC guy) that it looks like SLC will likely shift to ERJ only, obviously with a big hit to the domicile size. But the old, old skool senior peeps will still be OK, if they care about anyone it's them.

amcnd
07-01-2018, 08:50 PM
Ainít that the truth, full of Skywest lifers there. Guys too old and established to start at the bottom elsewhere or mainline/rejected Delta applicants......

We are loosing some senior guys in SLC. Mostly to SWA...Ēmy guessĒ in 2 years.. SLC will be all E175ís and 200ís flying the prorate (cdc,sgu,twf,ect)

Gundriver64
07-02-2018, 04:23 AM
SkyWest RCS is big on my post retirement RADAR. BLUF: I want to be in SLC. That's why I'm inquiring about plane type(s) etc. I realize being on reserve forever and never upgrading is the likely scenario, but I have different goals versus 99% of the newhires going there who want to move on to a legacy carrier. Can one of you OO old salts PM? Have a question or two.

Thanks,
G

trip
07-02-2018, 09:02 AM
We are loosing some senior guys in SLC. Mostly to SWA...”my guess” in 2 years.. SLC will be all E175’s and 200’s flying the prorate (cdc,sgu,twf,ect)

This^^

Shrinkage on the CRJ in SLC, a slow transition of CR7/9 lines over to the 175. With a large number of F/O's who won't move to upgrade (living next door to the inlaws) or commute.

amcnd
07-02-2018, 09:39 AM
CRJ...The other problem with SLC is we have 250~ captains.. minus 40 that do sim/grnd. So 200 for a 100 line base. I think they will stabilize it at 150~ as people leave (to the ERJ other bases or Majors).

TroutBum
07-02-2018, 01:29 PM
I was told that the ERJ classes in the fall may be "pared down quite a bit"...so that spooks me a bit about being stuck there longer than I thought. Not sure if that is still true. Thanks again for any info.

I have an October ERJ class, so I will be in after you!

hawk21
07-03-2018, 07:29 AM
Everything will be 175 eventually. CRJ is a dying breed.

TheAshtar
07-03-2018, 08:03 AM
Inc. has approached Bom-ba-deer and asked what it would take to retool and open the crj200 line (minus cathode ray tubes). The more you know!

WesternSkies
07-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Inc. has approached Bom-ba-deer and asked what it would take to retool and open the crj200 line (minus cathode ray tubes). The more you know!

Oh that would be just fine as long as they:
Lower the floor, raise the windows, add a recirc fan, buy a better APU, remove 10 seats, add a closet, remove the over head bins and fix that pesky CG issue.

Leroy Smith
07-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Oh that would be just fine as long as they:
Lower the floor, raise the windows, add a recirc fan, buy a better APU, remove 10 seats, add a closet, remove the over head bins and fix that pesky CG issue.

The 10 seats, closet and CG were all addressed in the 40 seaters back in the mid Aughts. Don't remember if anyone other than EV flew them. They were all converted back to 50's. OO is probably flying some of them, don't remember the tail #s.

amcnd
07-03-2018, 09:12 AM
Wonít happen... but if it did. Lets as FADEC to that list..

TheAshtar
07-03-2018, 09:24 AM
Agree ďitĒ,(reopening the line) wonít happen

The request was made however. As you know Bomba load shed quite a bit with the C series/Airbus deal and they are looking for something to do.

New CRJ 200ís... Doubt thatís their idea of new and exciting, but sounds just like a CCs request.

amcnd
07-03-2018, 12:56 PM
If they coul lower the cost of the 700 that would be a better option with 60ís seats..

KSCessnaDriver
07-03-2018, 04:02 PM
The 10 seats, closet and CG were all addressed in the 40 seaters back in the mid Aughts. Don't remember if anyone other than EV flew them. They were all converted back to 50's. OO is probably flying some of them, don't remember the tail #s.

Comair had CRJ400s, Pinnacle had CRJ440s. All the problems with the 200 would have been fixed had they ever put the CRJ500 in production

trip
07-03-2018, 05:46 PM
The 200's need to go bye-bye, this was the eyed CRJ500 way back in 2001. Things took a drastic turn just a few months later that probably had something to do with the program being shelved.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/bombardier-eyes-crj700-39shrink39-134077/

Bombardier eyes CRJ700 'shrink'

10 JULY, 2001 SOURCE: FLIGHT INTERNATIONAL
PAUL LEWIS / WASHINGTON DC AND JUSTIN WASTNAGE / COLOGNE

Aircraft maker looks at standardising production line with new 50-seater as part of long-term strategy

Bombardier has been discussing a "shrink" derivative of the CRJ700 with customers as a possible successor to its successful 50-seat CRJ100/200 series, as the regional aircraft manufacturer weighs up it its long-term strategy in that market sector.

The proposed design, believed to be codenamed "CRJ500", would essentially be a 50-seat version of the 70-seat CRJ700, incorporating the larger wing and leading edge slats, as well as its redesigned fuselage structure. The engine would be standardised on the CRJ700's increased thrust General Electric CF34-8C1. The CRJ700's reduced depth fuselage frames provide about 25mm (1in) more cabin width than the CRJ100/200, while the floor is 130mm lower and the window line 150mm higher.