Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

antiguogrumete
07-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Frecce Tricolori "Tricolour Arrows"), officially known as the 313° Gruppo Addestramento Acrobatico, acrobatic exhibition at San Javier Air Base (MJV) June 2018

KvLIbO3moEc

Excargodog
07-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Frecce Tricolori "Tricolour Arrows"), officially known as the 313° Gruppo Addestramento Acrobatico, acrobatic exhibition at San Javier Air Base (MJV) June 2018

KvLIbO3moEc

Ah yes, I remember these guys:

https://youtu.be/QX6io7WD0zg

Adlerdriver
07-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Ah yes, I remember these guys:
Yeah, pretty tough to forget that. When a team uses a little POS trainer for it's team, the only way to make the show even marginally entertaining is put a bunch of them up.

USMCFLYR
07-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Yeah, pretty tough to forget that. When a team uses a little POS trainer for it's team, the only way to make the show even marginally entertaining is put a bunch of them up.
Lots of good/great teams IMO out there using trainers.
Snowbirds and Red Arrows of note.

The US is one of a few countries overall which use top of the line fighters for its' show teams.

I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s. :)

Adlerdriver
07-04-2018, 04:08 PM
Lots of good/great teams IMO out there using trainers.
Snowbirds and Red Arrows of note.

The US is one of a few countries overall which use top of the line fighters for its' show teams.

I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s. :) I know many demo teams use trainers. That’s why they put up so many. The visual hopefully makes up for the lack of performance. I doubt many spectators would be that impressed if there were only 6 Tutors or Hawks during a performance of the Snowbirds or Reds.
As far as the Blues, I would have to go with the F-4. “Threshold” is still pretty impressive to watch even today.

USMCFLYR
07-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Sort of a different kind of show.
One power and speed and the other more like an aerial ballet.

One of the most impressive feats I’ve seen was a 9 ship formation Snowbird landing done back on n the day.

Excargodog
07-04-2018, 07:18 PM
And in fairness, the Thunderbirds used T-38s pretty successfully right up until the tragedy at Indian Springs.

antiguogrumete
07-07-2018, 12:35 AM
It seems that this post has had some feedback, I'm glad!

John Carr
07-08-2018, 10:31 AM
I personally think the Blues were the best when they flew the A-4s. :)

Agreed, as evidenced by the Van Halen video :D

The first time my dad took me to see them was with the A4.

tomgoodman
07-08-2018, 12:34 PM
I liked the Blues/T-Birds when they flew F-4s. Loud noise is a very important part of the show, especially when they sneak up on the crowd from behind. :eek:

badflaps
07-10-2018, 01:03 PM
I don't know how anybody can use "Sneak-up" and F-4 in the same sentence.:D