Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Flows??

Jeff4912
07-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Can someone tell me if Horizon gives you the flows before showing up for your first day of training.

Are the VPTíS used to practice flows and are they accessible after hours and on weekends for trainees?

Any suggestions for setting up a paper tiger in your hotel room at training and is it necessary? Also, does Horizon provide a cockpit poster for the Q400 or do I need to buy one?

Thank you for any helpful insights.

ASpilot2be
07-02-2018, 04:51 PM
Can someone tell me if Horizon gives you the flows before showing up for your first day of training.

Are the VPTíS used to practice flows and are they accessible after hours and on weekends for trainees?

Any suggestions for setting up a paper tiger in your hotel room at training and is it necessary? Also, does Horizon provide a cockpit poster for the Q400 or do I need to buy one?

Thank you for any helpful insights.
They do give you the flows and a cockpit poster before class starts. The paper version of the VPTs are available 24/7. They are very handy for getting flows down.

TCASTESTOK
07-03-2018, 11:33 AM
What would the odds be of expressjet one day closing its doors like PenAir? A quickly worded memo and locks on the doors.

ASpilot2be
07-03-2018, 01:49 PM
What would the odds be of expressjet one day closing its doors like PenAir? A quickly worded memo and locks on the doors.

Penair? Expressjet? What section are we in?