Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New Hire question, what to study

SeaHunter
07-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Hey guys Iím new to this form, and Envoy will be my first airline I work for. I just received my class date for later this year and I am wondering if there is anything I can get a jump on and study before the class starts like flows, iPhone apps for systems, or procedures? When the class starts Iím going to bid for the 145.

Skid Mark
07-05-2018, 02:24 PM
No.

Just show up to class.

You shouldn't study anything anyway, since no guarantee of your aircraft (though E145 would be a safe bet).

The flows... without someone to show them and talk you through them the first time... I really think you'd have a high chance of memorizing a tiny thing wrong and having a hard time overcoming an error (law of primacy, anyone?)

Just enjoy your last few weeks of freedom before the fire-hose begins.

wiz5422
07-05-2018, 03:36 PM
Agree with above mentioned. Don't want to study wrong stuff. Once you do get to class, flows, profiles (call-outs) and limitations.

Weakness we see in ground school is with the flows, call outs and performance.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

SilentLurker
07-05-2018, 03:48 PM
Hey guys Iím new to this form, and Envoy will be my first airline I work for. I just received my class date for later this year and I am wondering if there is anything I can get a jump on and study before the class starts like flows, iPhone apps for systems, or procedures? When the class starts Iím going to bid for the 145.

Youíll have plenty of time to known exactly what to study and prepare during and after your 1st day of Indoc. Youíll be briefed on what to expect.

Again you will have plenty of time when that time comes. Trust in the system, itís proven, tried, and test. The law of primacy is fa-realíz at this level. Donít screw yourself.

For now fly safe, enjoy your family time, and get your living situations in order and anything that might potentially cause distractions on a tight leash.

Like everyone above said, Congrats! Welcome to Envoy!

pitchattitude
07-05-2018, 04:16 PM

If you have not taken the ATP written, concentrate on that and get the test done so when you get to class you donít have any distractions.

If you are not familiar with Jepp plates, where to find information on them, what it means and how to brief an approach, you should learn it. It will also be one less thing to learn/practice.

crj700
07-05-2018, 04:18 PM
If you have not taken the ATP written, concentrate on that and get the test done so when you get to class you donít have any distractions.

If you are not familiar with Jepp plates, where to find information on them, what it means and how to brief an approach, you should learn it. It will also be one less thing to learn/practice.

^^^
This!

Filler

3GreenKSNA
07-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Once you know your airplane assignment start work on limitations and memory items. If you know those cold at the start of systems class all you have to worry about is flows. My own routine is to read the entire AOM2 cover to cover prior to the start of systems. I dont study it just run through it so in class it's not the first time I have heard the material.

Prior to AQP your oral required you to build the airplane, it was ridiculous at times. Now, the expectations are more well laid out. Good luck and remember Rome was not built in a day.

-Keep the dirty side down

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1