Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : I Voted NO

queue
07-06-2018, 11:04 AM
I voted NO because it is the most responsible thing to do. No one is putting a gun to our head to sign right now. We can vote this thing down, fix the language, then vote Yes. I care about my fellow pilots and this profession. I'm not going to be fear-mongered into voting for sub-standard contracts just because of speculation or some emotional decision. This is a business deal and I'll only sign on to a good deal. This isn't. Something worth doing, is worth doing well. I don't like to half-a$$ things and I could not in good conscious, and due diligence, accept this substandard TA. Remember it took 3 tries to get ALPA here. Is it possible that accepting the first offer could be a bad decision?

https://i.imgur.com/exFESlx.jpg

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

BunkerF16
07-06-2018, 12:00 PM
Or these bag tags I ordered.

seekingblue
07-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Not to be contrarian, but I voted yes.

So ready to end this nonsense of management changing the rules when they see fit.

Contract above all.
I support my MEC and NC

hilltopflyer
07-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Can I have one of those tags haha

hilltopflyer
07-06-2018, 12:23 PM
This contract doesnít affect the 190 what so ever. Measly pay raise and work rules wonít change 99% or the trips.

Softpayman
07-06-2018, 12:36 PM
This contract doesnít affect the 190 what so ever. Measly pay raise and work rules wonít change 99% or the trips.

It does keep that BOS-BUF flight being flown by Skywest.

queue
07-06-2018, 12:41 PM

Sign me up!

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

queue
07-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Not to be contrarian, but I voted yes.

So ready to end this nonsense of management changing the rules when they see fit.

Contract above all.
I support my MEC and NC

I wanted to do what's best for my family. I think we can do a lot better, even if it means just fixing some of the text in TA 1.0. I know people are concentrating on vacation and minor pay increases, but the rules will not let most people take advantage. At the end of the day, BJ won't adequately staff the airline. These rules don't force adequate staffing in any way, in fact, it makes it worse by incentivizing overtime. The Top 5% will still get time off, the rest of us won't. I'd like to be more than just someone who pays the bills. This still won't give me Xmas or any other meaningful date. We can do better, A LOT better.

capt707
07-06-2018, 02:07 PM

Please.... as if they, or any regionals, have enough pilots to do that.

Bluedriver
07-06-2018, 05:05 PM

I know, and they were just about to hire Skywest! We have soo many extra slots and gates in our hubs, might as well have someone use all these unused resources.

And, our caterers have nothing to do most of the time...

rvr1800
07-07-2018, 03:53 AM
I know, and they were just about to hire Skywest! We have soo many extra slots and gates in our hubs, might as well have someone use all these unused resources.

And, our caterers have nothing to do most of the time...

Easy fix for that. Donít replace the 190. Retire it and replace with 175ís.

nuball5
07-07-2018, 04:12 AM

Or half 190 on Jetblue, half Skywest -175s.

Cmdrls
07-07-2018, 04:20 AM
I voted NO because it is the most responsible thing to do. No one is putting a gun to our head to sign right now. We can vote this thing down, fix the language, then vote Yes. I care about my fellow pilots and this profession. I'm not going to be fear-mongered into voting for sub-standard contracts just because of speculation or some emotional decision. This is a business deal and I'll only sign on to a good deal. This isn't. Something worth doing, is worth doing well. I don't like to half-a$$ things and I could not in good conscious, and due diligence, accept this substandard TA. Remember it took 3 tries to get ALPA here. Is it possible that accepting the first offer could be a bad decision?

https://i.imgur.com/exFESlx.jpg

Iím shocked, didnít see that one coming!

Mattio
07-07-2018, 04:42 AM

People might think you voted No to the union (not the TA), it doesn't specify, at least in the image you shared... thought I'd try to save you the headache...

BunkerF16
07-07-2018, 05:16 AM
People might think you voted No to the union (not the TA), it doesn't specify, at least in the image you shared... thought I'd try to save you the headache...

A discussion starter at the least. Hopefully with me wearing my P2P lanyard and buttons from all 3 events I helped with that would be a little more obvious what I was talking about. But your post is appreciated--I hadn't thought about that angle.

queue
07-07-2018, 05:32 AM

https://i.imgur.com/BLaTY5c.jpg

Wear it with pride. Made in the USA.

Support ALPA and the betterment of your status as a professional pilot. Inform yourself. Knowledge is power. Otherwise you are sabotaging your own future like all the defeatists and apologists who want any contract, no matter how bad it is.

Bluedriver
07-07-2018, 05:56 AM

I know! They were just about to do it! We foiled them, and their line of pilots chomping at those low wage jobs. No way that plan could have backfired.

And trading out larger aircraft for smaller ones in this airline environment is wicked smart, all the other airlines are doing it! It's the new trend, small-gauging... We saved them from themselves.

rvr1800
07-07-2018, 06:03 AM
I know! They were just about to do it! We foiled them, and their line of pilots chomping at those low wage jobs. No way that plan could have backfired. We saved them from themselves.

Thatís a great argument you make. You or I have no idea what their plan was or is. Skywest would have no issue staffing that flying. Itís what is possible under the PEA and what wonít be if the TA passes.

pilotpayne
07-07-2018, 06:14 AM
I know! They were just about to do it! We foiled them, and their line of pilots chomping at those low wage jobs. No way that plan could have backfired.

And trading out larger aircraft for smaller ones in this airline environment is wicked smart, all the other airlines are doing it! It's the new trend, small-gauging... We saved them from themselves.

Yes and we were never ever going to buy another airline or anything. Oh wait.

pilotpayne
07-07-2018, 06:32 AM
A discussion starter at the least. Hopefully with me wearing my P2P lanyard and buttons from all 3 events I helped with that would be a little more obvious what I was talking about. But your post is appreciated--I hadn't thought about that angle.

Or an open invitation to an argument:)

BunkerF16
07-07-2018, 07:41 AM
Or an open invitation to an argument:)

I'm not opposed to those. I find the discussions much more civil, even with those who disagree, in person as opposed to on these boards.

Even I'm not that big of a d1ck in real life. ;)

Bozo the pilot
07-07-2018, 09:02 AM
I'm not opposed to those. I find the discussions much more civil, even with those who disagree, in person as opposed to on these boards.

Even I'm not that big of a d1ck in real life. ;)

Problem is most guys on here wouldnt have the ball$ to even have a phone conversation let alone meet up for a face to face.
Not you necessarily, but many on APC.

Bluedriver
07-07-2018, 09:17 AM
Yes and we were never ever going to buy another airline or anything. Oh wait.

You quoted a post, but that post didn't say they were never going to do it.

seekingblue
07-07-2018, 09:34 AM
I posted this comment on JBLU pilots and I think it warrants a repost here.

Vote. Donít care if you are for or against, be sure to take the extra 2 mins out of your day and vote for what you want. Iíve been open, honest and transparent that Iím a yes voter, but that shouldnít matter. This vote is going to be 70/30 or 60/40 so anyone who chooses not to vote could really swing the election one way or another.

Talk to your family. Read the union Q&A. Go to a roadshow. Read the TA sections that matter most. Then vote.

pilotpayne
07-07-2018, 09:55 AM
You quoted a post, but that post didn't say they were never going to do it.

Oh Iím sorry you just heavily and sarcastically implied they wouldnít, my mistake.

Again is scope the reason to vote, maybe but letís agree that the company sure can change its mind. Maybe they donít care about RJs now but when you and I got hired all they ever said was organic growth until we tried to buy Virgin. RH is no DB not in a good or bad way but we canít sit here and ďimplyĒ (is that better) that they wonít get a regional one day. You could make the brand argument as I always did but obviously they donít care about it these days.

capt707
07-07-2018, 09:56 AM
I posted this comment on JBLU pilots and I think it warrants a repost here.

Vote. Donít care if you are for or against, be sure to take the extra 2 mins out of your day and vote for what you want. .

^^^^ Agreed. Always amazes me when results come out and it shows only 85-90% participation. How the F can you not take a minute to vote on something that affects your QOL.

queue
07-07-2018, 10:02 AM
Oh Iím sorry you just heavily and sarcastically implied they wouldnít, my mistake.

Again is scope the reason to vote, maybe but letís agree that the company sure can change its mind. Maybe they donít care about RJs now but when you and I got hired all they ever said was organic growth until we tried to buy Virgin. RH is no DB not in a good or bad way but we canít sit here and ďimplyĒ (is that better) that they wonít get a regional one day. You could make the brand argument as I always did but obviously they donít care about it these days.

Makes you wonder if they were actually going to buy them or if they wanted a competitor to acquire a debt laden airline.... sometimes creating the threat of something compels others into action.

Kinda like how the mere existence of a TA, no matter how bad it is, makes people feel like they need to accept it.

https://i.imgur.com/BLaTY5c.jpg

BunkerF16
07-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Problem is most guys on here wouldnt have the ball$ to even have a phone conversation let alone meet up for a face to face.
Not you necessarily, but many on APC.

Yep. A lot of internet tough guys out there.

Softpayman
07-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Let this set in folks. This is how little weíve learned in the past 20 years. Literally doesnít think the company would pull the trigger on RJs. Your job could be gone but hey, at least you had a good rest of the contract outside of scope!

Bluedriver
07-07-2018, 11:11 AM
Let this set in folks. This is how little weíve learned in the past 20 years. Literally doesnít think the company would pull the trigger on RJs. Your job could be gone but hey, at least you had a good rest of the contract outside of scope!

Rocket Surgeon, where did I EVER say give up RJ scope in a CBA? Like EVER?

Bluedriver
07-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Yep. A lot of internet tough guys out there.

On the other hand, it doesn't take a lot of courage to just fall in line and swallow.

seekingblue
07-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Just attended a roadshow with a hardcore no voter.

After seeing the process that was followed and asking his questions (which were very tough on the NC guys) and having them throughly explained..... he voted yes.

To the no voters among us:

Go to a roadshow. Tell them the TA is crap and let them convince you otherwise. Ask your hard questions. Donít pull punches. It made me a stronger yes vote and changed my friends mind. If you still want to vote no I respect that completely.

Please do this. You owe it to yourself and the pilot group

benzoate
07-07-2018, 02:21 PM
I went to the jfk road show and Iím still voting no. My reasons, my choice, my vote.

seekingblue
07-07-2018, 02:31 PM
I went to the jfk road show and Iím still voting no. My reasons, my choice, my vote.

Respect that.

Please be sure to vote (you can submit now on the TA site.)

benzoate
07-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Respect that.

Please be sure to vote (you can submit now on the TA site.)

In the end we're all on the same team

seekingblue
07-07-2018, 05:49 PM
In the end we're all on the same team

Wish more people viewed it this way.

Runningscared
07-07-2018, 09:09 PM
I have to vote no. The FO OE pairings is killing me and I donít ever get paired with check airmen. It usurps seniority for everyone, not just the check airmen bidders. Bonus distribution is a slap in the face of everyone but 12 yr guys. Scope language allowing unlimited codeshare with 1 and 1, What?! Middle finger to every E-190 guy who remained for QOL. 300$ seed money, thatís it? Still have huge deductibles and that max out of pocket. Wasnít this the scale tipping problem that resulted in ALPA being on property? This is okay with everyone that was TOed then, not I. Reserve language is great if youíre the senior guys on reserve. Everyone that has made it here is a professional and should be treated as such. These reserve rules donít improve life for all reserves, just a few. Good luck everyone, my conscience says NO.

benzoate
07-08-2018, 04:45 AM
I have to vote no. The FO OE pairings is killing me and I donít ever get paired with check airmen. It usurps seniority for everyone, not just the check airmen bidders. Bonus distribution is a slap in the face of everyone but 12 yr guys. Scope language allowing unlimited codeshare with 1 and 1, What?! Middle finger to every E-190 guy who remained for QOL. 300$ seed money, thatís it? Still have huge deductibles and that max out of pocket. Wasnít this the scale tipping problem that resulted in ALPA being on property? This is okay with everyone that was TOed then, not I. Reserve language is great if youíre the senior guys on reserve. Everyone that has made it here is a professional and should be treated as such. These reserve rules donít improve life for all reserves, just a few. Good luck everyone, my conscience says NO.

RS, take a look at the BOS video at the 1:23:58 where witholding OE pairings are addressed. Itís not as bad and you can understand the justification. The parings most FOís desire should be saved.

seekingblue
07-08-2018, 05:02 AM

What you say is very valid.

Iíd just like to add that the extra day off for SCL will really improve QOL for most folks. Also, the trigger to remove SCL RSV days @ 75 hours is a plus as well. The scheduling section is the single best part of this contract.

CaptCoolHand
07-08-2018, 05:40 AM
What you say is very valid.

Iíd just like to add that the extra day off for SCL will really improve QOL for most folks. Also, the trigger to remove SCL RSV days @ 75 hours is a plus as well. The scheduling section is the single best part of this contract.

Least we forget 1000 start day one. Iím sorry but rsv improvements are across the board. Not just because some senior guys may be able to bypass flying. Also the alt DH provision will be especially useful to rsv commuters.

Xtreme87
07-08-2018, 05:48 AM
Least we forget 1000 start day one. Iím sorry but rsv improvements are across the board. Not just because some senior guys may be able to bypass flying. Also the alt DH provision will be especially useful to rsv commuters.

Improvements across the board? Except for the fact that they gave up one of the best things of reserve that we had here. Being a line holder as soon as youíre called out. With the new TA, you can be put back on reserve if your pairing cancels.

Papa Bear
07-08-2018, 05:50 AM
Voted hell no to this POS

CaptCoolHand
07-08-2018, 06:09 AM
Improvements across the board? Except for the fact that they gave up one of the best things of reserve that we had here. Being a line holder as soon as youíre called out. With the new TA, you can be put back on reserve if your pairing cancels.

25.x.14i Long call may be placed back on LCL
ii. Short call is done for the day

And you get the credit for the pairing or what was flown what ever is greater.

Seems reasonable to me.

You might get out of a 1-2 day pairing, but it's exceptionally rare to have a full 3-4 day pulled. I've done RSV 9/11 years here.

JMO.

pilotpayne
07-08-2018, 07:19 AM
25.x.14i Long call may be placed back on LCL
ii. Short call is done for the day

And you get the credit for the pairing or what was flown what ever is greater.

Seems reasonable to me.

You might get out of a 1-2 day pairing, but it's exceptionally rare to have a full 3-4 day pulled. I've done RSV 9/11 years here.

JMO.

Heck itís rare to get the 1-2 pulled. Letís see almost 4 years and it has happened once. ONCE. Guys keep focusing on these unicorn issues (the cliff and health care are not) and ignore the overall improvement in the system.

You can read on here how much people complain about RSV and they come out with a much better system and itís like oh well this one thing which almost never happens is bad so forget all the other improvements.

Bluedriver
07-08-2018, 08:28 AM
RS, take a look at the BOS video at the 1:23:58 where witholding OE pairings are addressed. Itís not as bad and you can understand the justification. The parings most FOís desire should be saved.

One man's trash is another man's treasure. There's no way to lose 75% of OE pairings and not lose a bunch of my treasure...

We all look for different things in pairings.

Runningscared
07-08-2018, 08:49 AM
One man's trash is another man's treasure. There's no way to lose 75% of OE pairings and not lose a bunch of my treasure...

We all look for different things in pairings.
I went and reviewed that portion of the video he mentions and I am still 100% against FO OE pairings being removed. It is a complete slap in the face of every FO and their quality of life, a major backward step. The pairings being removed should never be a pilot quality of life ruining element, and it is.

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 09:08 AM
I went and reviewed that portion of the video he mentions and I am still 100% against FO OE pairings being removed. It is a complete slap in the face of every FO and their quality of life, a major backward step. The pairings being removed should never be a pilot quality of life ruining element, and it is.

Its pretty much industry standard...

BunkerF16
07-09-2018, 10:41 AM

Bullsh1t. It's not. There are 2 companies that don't withhold them at all. So it would have been industry standard to keep it the way it was too.

That's the NC committee's way of justifying a major concession. This TA is a disgrace.

Bluedriver
07-09-2018, 10:47 AM
Bullsh1t. It's not. There are 2 companies that don't withhold them at all. So it would have been industry standard to keep it the way it was too.

That's the NC committee's way of justifying a major concession. This TA is a disgrace.

Correction, right now there are 3 companies that don't withhold them.

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 10:55 AM
[QUOTE=BunkerF16;2631001]Bullsh1t. It's not. There are 2 companies that don't withhold them at all. So it would have been industry standard to keep it the way it was too.

That's the NC committee's way of justifying a major concession. This TA is a d

You need a vacation. If you think this TA is a disgrace then so be it. Your opinion your vote......Your ONE vote.

BunkerF16
07-09-2018, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE=BunkerF16;2631001]Bullsh1t. It's not. There are 2 companies that don't withhold them at all. So it would have been industry standard to keep it the way it was too.

That's the NC committee's way of justifying a major concession. This TA is a d

You need a vacation. If you think this TA is a disgrace then so be it. Your opinion your vote......Your ONE vote.

Iíd love a vacation...except this TA takes a week away from me each year with less flexibility with my PTO.

Youíre right. One vote. And it wonít matter because this pilot group will roll over and play dead.

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=hyperboy;2631009]

Iíd love a vacation...except this TA takes a week away from me each year with less flexibility with my PTO.

Youíre right. One vote. And it wonít matter because this pilot group will roll over and play dead.

Cause you would be so much smarter than the majority and what they decide?

Sounds like you want the BUNKERF16 dictatorship. Do as I say or else I am not a team player and you all are idiots?

Your Sandbox your rules?

Interesting enough you could lie and be all talk on theses boards and vote YES since you can hide and lie all day on here without even having a name?......Now thats transparency!

BunkerF16
07-09-2018, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=BunkerF16;2631011]

Sounds like you want the BUNKERF16 dictatorship. Do as I say or else I am not a team player and you all are idiots?

Your Sandbox your rules?

Interesting enough you could lie and be all talk on theses boards and vote YES since you can hide and lie all day on here without even having a name?......Now thats transparency!

This entire post makes zero sense. Standard with you though.

PasserOGas
07-09-2018, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=BunkerF16;2631011]

Your Sandbox your rules?

Hyper, you being eager to sell your labor for less was way too predictable.

Std Deviation
07-09-2018, 11:25 AM
So if it doesnít pass can I look forward to returning to the days when captains that would never spend more than 30 seconds on a preflight spend 45 minutes (true story) to find three obscure missing screws, which necessitates a three hour delay, eventual cancellation, and missed commutes for all of us? Just asking so I can replace the batteries in my d-bag meter.

hilltopflyer
07-09-2018, 01:36 PM
So if it doesnít pass can I look forward to returning to the days when captains that would never spend more than 30 seconds on a preflight spend 45 minutes (true story) to find three obscure missing screws, which necessitates a three hour delay, eventual cancellation, and missed commutes for all of us? Just asking so I can replace the batteries in my d-bag meter.

If we had more captains delaying flights for true mx issues (screws are that) we would have had a contract a long time ago.

CaptCoolHand
07-09-2018, 02:17 PM

This is quite possibly your dumbest post ever.

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=hyperboy;2631018]

Hyper, you being eager to sell your labor for less was way too predictable.

Actually I get a vote just like you. The idea of you going to a union meeting would be like finding Jimmy Hoffa. Where were you all during the process?

I am ready for your excuses........

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 02:40 PM
[QUOTE=hyperboy;2631018]

This entire post makes zero sense. Standard with you though.

I expect nothing from all you haters. There is a difference between a NO vote and a hater....

Check this out. Where were you all at the union meetings during the process?! Especially after the AIP came out? WTF. Crickets but now all you haters of the MEC and NC are tossing venom to the process.

Its TOOOO late you were to lazy like the rest (of the haters) to go to a union meeting, speak up and now you try to sway votes with hatred, attacking and divide. Sorry you all checked out and now you are mad?

Just Vote your vote is no more powerful than the next.......

PasserOGas
07-09-2018, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=PasserOGas;2631028]

Actually I get a vote just like you. The idea of you going to a union meeting would be like finding Jimmy Hoffa. Where were you all during the process?

I am ready for your excuses........

I went to meetings Hyper. I just don't have to beat my chest because unlike you, I don't spend my time on here defending management with every breath.

hyperboy
07-09-2018, 03:55 PM
[QUOTE=hyperboy;2631143]

I went to meetings Hyper. I just don't have to beat my chest because unlike you, I don't spend my time on here defending management with every breath.

Now Im defending management after talking about the union? What an argument. Come on POS? Quit playing kiddy games and childish sandbox chatter.

Runningscared
07-09-2018, 05:56 PM
That h.s argument is such garbage in reference to this. This was one of the hugest things the Delta guys voted no on their TA. Donít sell FOís down the river on this, it shouldnít be industry standard to sell out FOís seniority, please grow some back bone, this isnít right.

Xtreme87
07-09-2018, 07:47 PM

SOP is SOP is SOP, doesnít matter what the contract situation. Nobody should be doing any favors by overlooking stuff. If it needs to be written up, write it up. I personally donít want to go back to the days of captains trying to do favors for the company at the expense of safety. SOP for life. Oh and still no standups, takes time away from preflight duties.